Photo

Strange Event

21 replies to this topic
SentinelXS
  • SentinelXS

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:18 AM

So I was driving along in the tunnel between Alderny and Algonquin in a 4dr Sultan like normal and I struck the rear of a Landstalker. Nothing out of the ordinary right? Well next thing I know the driver is getting out of the vehicle on fire and there are flames coming out in front of the rear wheels (just like before a car blows up). Again nothing really out of the ordinary...I did find it kind of strange that the Landstalker would be ready to blow up after just one rear collision (nothing else on it was damaged and there was no smoke coming from the hood).

So I was just sort of sitting in my Sultan watching this all happen and decided to back up before it exploded and b/c I was so close my front tire was on fire...no big deal...then the strange thing happened...

The landstalker's rear tires popped from the fire like normal and suddenly instead of it exploding the fire went out and there sat a Landstalker that you could have entered and drove normally (almost...except for the small amount of damaged my Sultan caused and 2 blown rear tires)...anyone else find that weird?

-XS

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:55 AM

That is really weird, but I've never heard anything like it, or experienced it myself.

angryjessman
  • angryjessman

GooseBlahBlahsh*t!

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

i smell bullsh*t

GtA01
  • GtA01

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:09 PM

I have crashed into cars at high speed and they caught fire & blew up, but never be drivable again confused.gif

apache77pilot
  • apache77pilot

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (angryjessman @ Aug 14 2008, 12:02)
i smell bullsh*t

sorry.

ive never seen anything like this either.

StudioVink
  • StudioVink

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

I once crashed very hard in the trunk of a car, it just bursted into flames, and the drivers and passengers crawled out burning, yes I had something similar, only the car blew up. Then I had this another time when I rammed a car at the engineblock.

SentinelXS
  • SentinelXS

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (angryjessman @ Aug 14 2008, 08:02)
i smell bullsh*t

should've expected that...only thing I hate about the forums. I mean I could see it if I was the type of person going to every thread doing this stuff but come on...I have better things to do and if you check my posts they are all legit considering I am still one of the highest paid Algonquin Assassins.

I dont have any video or photo proof to provide b/c the whole event took me off guard. I still dont know what happened and probably never will I was just trying to see if it was a glitch or if it happened to anyone else (which could still be a glitch but at least I wouldnt think I was crazy!)

Anyway if people wanna criticize and call bullsh*t I cant stop them but if it happens to you...you know where you can come and post the experience.

-XS

sanandreas luva101
  • sanandreas luva101

AKA Deri

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

This has only happened to me on one occasion. I was going along then a taxi drives out infront of me i slammed into him he jumps out on fire then the cars on fire, i call 9113, they put the fire out but itwas too late the the cab driver. So no this aint bullsh*t

yomomsmokes420
  • yomomsmokes420

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

Happens all the time if you use a semi-heavy car.

Especially if you use a Biff... Hehe

SentinelXS
  • SentinelXS

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

good to know that it happens all the time...i guess...i'm just wondering why?

if a car is on fire the only logical outcome is...an explosion...(maybe not in reality but in the game)...oh well...at least this answered my question of "has this ever happened to anyone else"...thanks for all the imput everyone.

-XS

xxxBdogxxx
  • xxxBdogxxx

Oh hai

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:39 AM

One word...

GLITCH

getawaydriver
  • getawaydriver

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:04 AM

I've thrown Molotovs at parked cars and sometimes they don't explode...they catch fire then the fire goes out.

hyPROglo442
  • hyPROglo442

I never finish anyth

• Members

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:38 AM

Just a random question...

What is the reason why when you hit some cars from the back the driver comes out on fire?

I've been wondering...never actually knew... dontgetit.gif

Dr.Roetker
  • Dr.Roetker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:02 AM

I've seen this too, pretty weird.

macorules94
  • macorules94

MACEDONIAN KING

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

thats happend to me like 10 times

TheSamurai Hobo
  • TheSamurai Hobo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:06 PM

I've seen it, was disappointed when the guy wasn't going to die

rahi93
  • rahi93

EA™ We Own Everything™

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:35 AM

I've had a theory for this. My theory was that the NPC driver is smoking in the car. And when you crash into him/her, he/she drops the cigarette which causes the car to go ablaze. Just a theory.

Erados
  • Erados

A Confrontationalist's Wet Dream, Apparently

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:42 AM

I don't know if that's it, it's probably just a defect on cars that R* put in the game to simulate more realistic crashes. Cars sometimes burn out.

uat2d
  • uat2d

Anarchist

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:13 AM

yes, this also happened to me a few times

i think that maybe the driver had a molotov and the bottle broke in the crash, setting the driver on fire and consequently the car on fire too. at least this is my theory...

TMR2007
  • TMR2007

Wacky Wavy Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man - and Child.

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

Whats going on when the people get set alight after a rear collision; it happened to me the other day when I was taking Jacob home from the Comedy Show, they crawled out and then the car set on fire and exploded causing a big chain reaction (it was just before the bridge over to the first island) and there were explosions all over.

Vitale51
  • Vitale51

Gta 4 mythbuster

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (GtA01 @ Aug 14 2008, 14:09)
I have crashed into cars at high speed and they caught fire & blew up, but never be drivable again confused.gif

i was driving really fast once and hit a cop car and it blew up first hit (no damage)

SentinelXS
  • SentinelXS

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

oddly enough i had a similar event happen to my original post where i hit a car while driving but this time only the driver caught on fire...not the car....he exited the car ablaze...the driver must have been so scared he spontaneously combusted

-XS

off topic: i love it when you are really motoring along and you hit an oncoming car and the driver of the oncoming vehicle gets launched thru the windshield...makes me laugh a little everytime it happens...not sure why i guess i laugh b/c far too often its niko being hurdled thru the air not someone else mercie_blink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users