Photo

no cd key install

64 replies to this topic
Jackmackg
  • Jackmackg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:09 AM

GTA SA did not have a CD key install witch made me happy. do you think gta 4 also not have a cd key?

GTA_NYC
  • GTA_NYC

Whats new in it! V

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:34 AM

Microsoft is involved ,so you never know

MIC8O-B1TC4-T7ICK-R0CK1-NS4HIT

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:36 AM

Doesn't bother me, most games these days have them so its nothing new if it does use them.

SC2
  • SC2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (Jackmackg @ Aug 12 2008, 04:09)
GTA SA did not have a CD key install witch made me happy. do you think gta 4 also not have a cd key?

SA didn't have multiplayer.So it didn't need cd-key.But IV will have multiplayer and the cd-key is the only way to protect the servers from pirates.With cd-key will be impossible to play pirated game in official server.So I'm 99.9 percent sure that there will be cd-key.

divinee
  • divinee

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (SC2 @ Aug 11 2008, 22:23)

SA didn't have multiplayer.So it didn't need cd-key.But IV will have multiplayer and the cd-key is the only way to protect the servers from pirates.With cd-key will be impossible to play pirated game in official server.So I'm 99.9 percent sure that there will be cd-key.

what you mean sa didint have multilayer? i see vids of sa mutliplayer everywhere on youtube. cd key isnt a problem to me since i work

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (divinee @ Aug 12 2008, 05:42)
QUOTE (SC2 @ Aug 11 2008, 22:23)

what you mean sa didint have multilayer? i see vids of sa mutliplayer everywhere on youtube. cd key isnt a problem to me since i work

It's a mod, it didn't come packaged with the original game. dozingoff.gif

ThunderKnight
  • ThunderKnight

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:43 AM

Of course it will have a CD-Key. Duh i think everyone wants to pirate and not pay the companies.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:50 AM

It doesn't really matter, CD-keys are cracked any way. They are mostly just a cheap attempt to stop pirates. Usually people will just make a key-gen, and the CD key is no longer needed when you pirate the game.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:20 AM

GTA IV will have the cd-key cause all GfWL games have cd-key.

jesushumper
  • jesushumper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

Surely if it's MP online, it'll ahve a key, even if someone (hopefully) finds a way aroudn the Live crap.

Sinotek
  • Sinotek

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Ronnyboy @ Aug 12 2008, 06:50)
It doesn't really matter, CD-keys are cracked any way. They are mostly just a cheap attempt to stop pirates. Usually people will just make a key-gen, and the CD key is no longer needed when you pirate the game.

Ahh... Cd keys work for MP, not SP. Yes, of course pirates will still be able to install it. But only legit CD keys will be able to play on the official MP servers.

hellfire500
  • hellfire500

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Aug 12 2008, 04:36)
Doesn't bother me, most games these days have them so its nothing new if it does use them.

no they don't, sometimes I get frustrated because some retard has gotten my serial via cd-gen, so i cna tplay. I had that problem with COD4

Jackmackg
  • Jackmackg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (SC2 @ Aug 12 2008, 05:23)

ok i see why now.

§FireStyle§
  • §FireStyle§

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

Same here. Weather or not it has one is not an issue to me !!!

ThunderKnight
  • ThunderKnight

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (hellfire500 @ Aug 12 2008, 13:58)

no they don't, sometimes I get frustrated because some retard has gotten my serial via cd-gen, so i cna tplay. I had that problem with COD4

Either you gave the CD-Key to your friend/relatives or your friend/relatives is spying on your computer.

There is no more pirates can guess your CD-Key.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

I just hope it will not require the disk to be inserted.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

SA was nice, as a DVD ROM, it was one disc based, vs GTA3, but Vice was one disc too, or was it? I can't recall. I think it would be odd being DVD ROM, but BluRay for PS3, and GTA4? Likely not as smooth! haha colgate.gif

M_and_M
  • M_and_M

Croat

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Aug 12 2008, 15:59)

you can easily download no-cd crack and play without DVD if you don't like inserting disc

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:01 PM

It may be like BioShock where you can only install so many times, something like that.
Doubt it tho. I reckon just a normal code.

ThunderKnight
  • ThunderKnight

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (M_and_M @ Aug 12 2008, 16:39)
QUOTE (Knife @ Aug 12 2008, 15:59)

you can easily download no-cd crack and play without DVD if you don't like inserting disc

If a no-cd crack is added. Multiplayer would not work. Now that GTA 4 has GFWL it is difficult because in Universe at War. Live must be disabled first to play the crack version. If live is not disabled. The game would crash.

ThunderKnight
  • ThunderKnight

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Aug 12 2008, 17:01)
It may be like BioShock where you can only install so many times, something like that.
Doubt it tho. I reckon just a normal code.

BioShock is only singleplayer game so they have added but they also removed it.

Deuce Deuce
  • Deuce Deuce

-

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

It shouldn't make any difference whatsoever should Rockstar/Microsoft decide to make it manadatory for you to enter a genuine key upon installation, because I'm going to assume you're all gonna purchase it legally as should be. wink.gif It'd probably be wise that they do, too.

I can see this topic straying towards a discussion of piracy, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it locked eventually. Be warned.

[LV]
  • [LV]

Thug 4 Life

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

Well teh game called GTR 2 (released in 2006) had mp and needed u to write CD key when accesing mp. So thers is a chance that there will be the same to IV

riahc4
  • riahc4

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:10 AM

To all you f*cking pirates out there that plan to bootleg the game:

Unofficial servers will pop up so a CD key pretty pointless but will problably be required.

SynTerro
  • SynTerro

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (riahc4 @ Aug 13 2008, 01:10)
To all you f*cking pirates out there that plan to bootleg the game:

Unofficial servers will pop up so a CD key pretty pointless but will problably be required.

No, if cd-key is keeping pirates out of legal servers i'm happy to play on the server without pirates. Also cd-key helps keeping out known cheaters.

SkapeGote
  • SkapeGote

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

I agree. I will never understand the need to pirate stuff. I just go to the store and buy it, and if I cannot afford it I wait untill I can. What is wrong with working hard, earning money, and then being proud to slap that cash onto the counter to make a purchase. I think some of you pirates really need to learn to be more respectful of our hobby. You can argue till you are blue in the face that piracy does not really affect PC gaming, but it is not you that has to be convinced. As long as companies believe it is true, and trust me they do. I do alot of marketing work for software companies, and this is always the first question. Can we design a campaign that will maximize sales and minimize piracy. If you think a game is priced to high, or unfairly, wait 3 months and it will come down in price. Don't be so impatient.

Have people become so lazy nowadays that they just can't work to pay for things?. Also, money is the stupidest reason for piracy. Get a damn job. I have been getting paid to work since I was 8 and shoveled horse manure for 3 dollars everyday after school. My parents were poor so I made my own money. I worked 2 jobs in highschool, and was a straight A student. I worked 3 jobs in college while getting my BA at a 4.0 and 2 while getting my masters. I worked 3 jobs the last 4 years and have paid off my entire school debt, bought a car outright, no loan. Anyone who says its money is just a lazy fat loser. I now have only my mortgage to pay, it is a hell of a relief. I have to tell you that if you are 15 and still have never had a job, you are an idiot. If your parents are loaded, still stupid. That money could disappear in an instant. Get off your collective asses and go make some cash. There are alot of working days before it is released. You have lots of time.

method.man 2
  • method.man 2

Va fungool

• Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (SkapeGote @ Aug 13 2008, 17:24)
I agree. I will never understand the need to pirate stuff. I just go to the store and buy it, and if I cannot afford it I wait untill I can. What is wrong with working hard, earning money, and then being proud to slap that cash onto the counter to make a purchase. I think some of you pirates really need to learn to be more respectful of our hobby. You can argue till you are blue in the face that piracy does not really affect PC gaming, but it is not you that has to be convinced. As long as companies believe it is true, and trust me they do. I do alot of marketing work for software companies, and this is always the first question. Can we design a campaign that will maximize sales and minimize piracy. If you think a game is priced to high, or unfairly, wait 3 months and it will come down in price. Don't be so impatient.

Have people become so lazy nowadays that they just can't work to pay for things?. Also, money is the stupidest reason for piracy. Get a damn job. I have been getting paid to work since I was 8 and shoveled horse manure for 3 dollars everyday after school. My parents were poor so I made my own money. I worked 2 jobs in highschool, and was a straight A student. I worked 3 jobs in college while getting my BA at a 4.0 and 2 while getting my masters. I worked 3 jobs the last 4 years and have paid off my entire school debt, bought a car outright, no loan. Anyone who says its money is just a lazy fat loser. I now have only my mortgage to pay, it is a hell of a relief. I have to tell you that if you are 15 and still have never had a job, you are an idiot. If your parents are loaded, still stupid. That money could disappear in an instant. Get off your collective asses and go make some cash. There are alot of working days before it is released. You have lots of time.

you hit the nail on the head im updating my whole pc just to get this game and its gonna cost me somewhere in the region of £350 plus with the game on top of that but im only on £450 a month and £120 of that is my board another £45 for my bus pass and i like to have money in the bank aswell so im probs not gonna get it till christmas

in my eyes though i much prefer to pay for my games because when i get home and look at it i known ive earned it

free_to_view
  • free_to_view

GTA BOSS OF ALL BOSSES AND PC GAMER

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

The game might be no cd key for single play but then if you want to play multiplayer it will ask you for a key. This happened in TDU (Test Drive Unlimited)

SkapeGote
  • SkapeGote

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

Off Topic but,
Have any of you people who have no money ever thought about cutting grass?. There is this 16 year old kid who cuts mine for me, I pay him $25 bucks, take him about 2 hours. He is saving for a PS3 right now, or maybe beer, hooker, and drugs. Might be both. Anyway, this would give you guys money long before GTA4 shows up. I realize that the older people here would probably not cut grass, but I am talking about people 17 - 18 years old.

Skape

riahc4
  • riahc4

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:13 PM

Its alot easier to be on my rotatable seat, search for my game, download it and just play.

Even If i was rich, Id still pirate games as its a lot more comfortable than going out to the store (which is about 30km away as I live in a small town), getting the game, taking it to the register, and paying for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users