Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bayside

11 replies to this topic
thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:57 AM

I dont know where the best place to ask this so I'll go here. Does any one else think bayside is a waste of space, I mean there could have been a lot more. Maby they scrapped some missions there or something. No food or safehouse. The only thing is that school. And on my ps2 version it was Vagos territory (not for long). I just think its wierd. If anyone can shine some insight that would be great.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:25 AM

Bayside was apparently added late in the development of the game. If you check the map on the wall of Toreno's Ranch House you may notice that most of Bayside isn't present. The same thing appears on the early versions of the race maps that can be found if you poke around in the data files.

Much of Bayside is not included in the restricted area for the LV portion of the map. It's possible to jack a Maverick or Skimmer without earning a wanted level right from the beginning of the game. Other than the aircraft and boats in the area, there aren't many interesting parked cars in Bayside.

They did add a few things to the map of Bayside. There are a handful of weapons and a bribe. There are 4 burglary doors along the far west side of town. But in general I tend to agree with you. Bayside is a cute town and it would have been nice to have a little more going on in town.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

As for its uselessness, you could say the same about alot of random land dumped in the desert, or countryside. Personally I like Bayside, regardless of its features or not. It just looks cool biggrin.gif

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

Bayside wasn't exist, R* previously made it for GTA version of Alcatraz. When R* got to the scripting/making missions part, they removed the Alcatraz and create the Bayside for a deleted mission The Truth is Out There. But later this mission was removed, and R* put some pickups and a boating school in Bayside to make it more useful. You can find CJ and Truth's conversation during the TTIOT mission in american.gxt.

DonOfGTA
  • DonOfGTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (One-time @ Aug 12 2008, 10:22)
..You can find CJ and Truth's conversation during the TTIOT mission in american.gxt.

Please, can you post it?

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:28 PM

This is all I can find so far.

user posted image

jedimario
  • jedimario

Car Junkie

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:48 PM

It's a nice town, I wish they had put a safehouse there.

poopskin
  • poopskin

Yardie | Not a Clever Man

• Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:00 AM

honestly, i find it kind of nice that it doesn't have much of a purpose. not all real life towns have a purpose...though a shop or 2 would be nice.

Also, what's up with "THIS LABEL NEEDS TO BE HERE!!!" @ address/Offset 3F89BCC?

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:09 AM

Its still a nice lil town. I used to go up there alot, but not anymore cuz I have no business in that town so it aint a place that demands my attention.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:10 AM Edited by epoxi, 13 August 2008 - 12:20 AM.

I can tell you it was designed after Toreno's Ranch and the Lil' Probe Inn, but before R* made Area 69.

user posted image
Toreno's map

user posted image
Lil' Probe map

user posted image
Area 69 3D map

In my opinion, R* could have done more with Bayside: it has nothing, it does nothing, it's boring, it's out of the way. It would have been cool to have some easter eggs. I reckon Alcatraz would be better, but HERE they say that in "The Truth Is Out There," Truth is being chased by FBI in Bayside, and the mission is unrelated to Alcatraz...but then again it's a Wiki.

However, you can clearly see Alcatraz on Toreno's and Lil' Probe's maps.

SamuelColdmark1994
  • SamuelColdmark1994

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

In my oppinion there should be (Bayside) a little safehouse and a "hotdog-car" sarcasm.gif

I will say that: Bayside is based on Sausalito

SamuelColdmark1994
  • SamuelColdmark1994

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:56 PM

Thats cool turn.gif (Alcatraz)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users