Photo

Déjà Vu!

20 replies to this topic
Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

Its funny how things repeat themselves!!! lol I found this old article on Joystick.com...basically the first leak of Liberty City Stories back in 2005, crazy thing is, it got the same hate Chinatown Wars is getting now....check the link.

http://www.joystiq.c...-stories-at-e3/

Its amazing how people make the same complaints and the games always turn out as favorites.

by Ben Zackheim May 14th 2005 9:29AM
Filed under: Sony PSP
GTA San Andreas

We're not sure if this is the official title of the upcoming Sony PSP GTA game, but Clutch wrote:

I was able to check out a few of the booths being built at E3 this afternoon, one of which was that of Rockstar Games. It was pretty simple—basically just a bunch of buses parked inside a chainlink fence—but the important part was what was painted on the buses. You see, each one was dedicated to a different Rockstar project, and, nestled between a Midnight Club bus and a Bully bus (delightful alliteration, might I add), was a bus that was painted totally black but for a bit of text that read, "Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories" directly beneath the PSP logo. Could this be the official title of GTA PSP?

Sounds like it. Let us know if you see anything else interesting Clutch!

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Another interesting link lol

http://www.joystiq.c...y-stories-pics/

Chinatown Wars is going to be great.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

***Bump***>>

Dude, you SHOULD know, your habit of posting after you've already done so in a thread is seriously, seriously frowned on here, so use EDIT to put additions and replies, quotes, etc... back in to your last post you made.

Anywho, I was let down with expectations too high, in fact. Here, I'm already too excited for CTW!

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Aug 17 2008, 14:48)
***Bump***>>

Dude, you SHOULD know, your habit of posting after you've already done so in a thread is seriously, seriously frowned on here, so use EDIT to put additions and replies, quotes, etc... back in to your last post you made.

Anywho, I was let down with expectations too high, in fact. Here, I'm already too excited for CTW!

huh? I just post...what edit?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

NEWB ALERT!!! NEWB ALERT!!!!

Up, up, up in your right hand corner, it's SUPER EDIT MAN....er, button! monocle.gif biggrin.gif

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:43 PM

if you ask me lcs got what it deserved, that game was total garbage. anyone that likes lcs or vcs is a total moron.

TT1987
  • TT1987

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 17 2008, 17:43)
if you ask me lcs got what it deserved, that game was total garbage. anyone that likes lcs or vcs is a total moron.

I'm a moron then.

Rown
  • Rown

He who fights monsters

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

I am also a moron... never felt so good to be one.

Actually VCS is a contender for my favorite GTA ever. I loved the easy money, the story, and Vice City is just awesome.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Angelo Leone
  • Angelo Leone

The Mafia Superstar

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

LCS and VCS are good,but Chinatown Wars will be Triad Trash.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Angelo Leone @ Aug 17 2008, 22:31)
LCS and VCS are good,but Chinatown Wars will be Triad Trash.

Is that different to 'Gansta Garbage', 'Mafia Mess', 'Yakuza...erm... Yuck' or 'Colombian Crap'?

Maybe it'll be Triad Triumph.

There's not too much to base an opinion on at the moment.

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:34 PM

well i guess it is true that the world is full of morons. If ctw is as bad or worse than lcs was then gta is officially dead. any game that steals plots from movies just suck ass totally!

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:46 PM Edited by Flesh-n-Bone, 18 August 2008 - 04:59 PM.

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 18 2008, 18:34)
well i guess it is true that the world is full of morons. If ctw is as bad or worse than lcs was then gta is officially dead. any game that steals plots from movies just suck ass totally!

So your saying GTA in general sucks?

Which movie did Vice City Stories copy?
Stealing plot from movies.... OK, GTA3 and LCS had quite a lot of similarities to Godfather and Goodfella. Vice City copied Scarface.
Does that mean all the GTA's suck?

VCS was of itself, and didn't capture any movies, San Andreas is "said to copy Boyz 'n the Hood" but in that movie you never leave LA.
So SA and VCS are the only GTA's that didn't steal plots.

Yeah - the world is full of morons, one of them is you. LOL

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 18 2008, 16:46)

Stealing plot from movies.... OK, GTA3 and LCS had quite a lot of similarities to Godfather and Goodfella. Vice City copied Scarface.

VCS was of itself, and didn't capture any movies, San Andreas is "said to copy Boyz 'n the Hood" but in that movie you never leave LA.

ok moron what movie do you wat ctw to steal from? since you like the stealing so much.

Rown
  • Rown

He who fights monsters

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

I think you missed most of the point in his post. Oh well.

QUOTE ( Wiki for Triads)
Films that depict triads include A Better Tomorrow, As Tears Go By, The Killer, Hard Boiled(and sequel game Stranglehold), Young and Dangerous, Infernal Affairs, Rush Hour 2 , Rush Hour 3, Election, Election 2 (aka Triad Election ), Lethal Weapon 4, and War.

I pick those. The game should be based off of those. Yes.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 18 2008, 19:22)
ok moron what movie do you wat ctw to steal from? since you like the stealing so much.

i donot cair abaut de starylain ass lang ass itz izz kool.

Rown
  • Rown

He who fights monsters

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

Are you french?

Also... Kung Fu Hustle. It should be based off of that.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Members
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 18 2008, 18:22)

Grammar, united the world in fertility and peace; and then it banned your sorry ass.

Whatever, if by your definition; a moron is that who buys a rather pleasing game (and VCS is criminally underrated), then I know where I stand.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:01 PM Edited by Flesh-n-Bone, 14 October 2008 - 09:05 PM.

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Aug 19 2008, 19:27)
QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 18 2008, 18:22)

Grammar, united the world in fertility and peace; and then it banned your sorry ass.

Whatever, if by your definition; a moron is that who buys a rather pleasing game (and VCS is criminally underrated), then I know where I stand.

Don't bother that dickhead. Thank god some moderator actually saw my reports and banned this ass-brain hypocrite moron.

And yeah - VCS is underrated as sh*tting hell. At the moment it's in a tie with SA for my fav game.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 19 2008, 18:01)

And yeah - VCS is underrated as sh i tting hell. At the moment it's in a tie with SA for my fav game.

I used to share that view, but sadly, I no longer do.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 19 2008, 03:52)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 18 2008, 16:46)

Look mate if you want to continue posting here under your main account Coolyfett then I'd drop the whole alter ego thing. Either post your real opinion or don't bother posting at all!

Yes that's right folks this banned chap is actually Coolyfett so make up your own mind about what he's saying.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:44 AM

Yay mods smile.gif . I couldn't have figured that out mahself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users