Photo

The Portable Trilogy

22 replies to this topic
Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:18 AM

It would be cool if Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories & Chinatown Wars was ported to the Iphone in a trilogy pack. I'd so get that. Just an idea. If you had an Iphone would you get the triple pack?

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:59 AM

How would the touch-screen work on china-town wars on a phone?

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (JonnyVercetti @ Aug 9 2008, 09:59)

Exactly my thought... Or better yet, how would a single touch screen work on LCS and VCS?

the_don94
  • the_don94

iHack™

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

iPhone?! Just no. I could see a portable trilogy pack coming out when a new PSP model comes out but never for the iPhone.

VinnyGouveia
  • VinnyGouveia

Back to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

Can the iPhone even handle VCS or LCS? I think not.

It would be better if it was ported for 39.99USD for the PC, or sold over XBLA/PSN(Chinatown Wars).

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (JonnyVercetti @ Aug 9 2008, 09:59)

iPhone?! Just no. I could see a portable trilogy pack coming out when a new PSP model comes out but never for the iPhone.

Exactly my thought... Or better yet, how would a single touch screen work on LCS and VCS?

HUH? the Iphone is touch screen man lol. It would work, thats not a problem.

Yes yes yes & yes again. I can't wait to have the portable trilogy on my Iphone, that why I don't have to change devices to play them all back to back.

The same way the apple makes the other none touch screen games work on I Phone, that up to their technical department. But there are games that exist on the Iphone. It doesn't even have to be the full portion of all three games in the trilogy. Just enough.

the_don94
  • the_don94

iHack™

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 9 2008, 12:10)
Yes yes yes & yes again. I can't wait to have the portable trilogy on my Iphone, that why I don't have to change devices to play them all back to back.

Just because you want something doesn't mean it's going to happen.

greebo-man
  • greebo-man

Hello

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

I predict CTW will be majorly different to the Stories'. It'll have two screens. That's gotta mean something.
If there ever was to be a 'portable trilogy', as it were, the conclusion would be a San Andreas Stories, Or a denomination of that, like Las Venturas Stories or something.
And on the iPhone? What? I'm not going to even begin to say why that wouldn't work.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (the_don94 @ Aug 9 2008, 19:35)
QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 9 2008, 12:10)

Just because you want something doesn't mean it's going to happen.

lol

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

San Andreas Stories is not coming. It was replaced by the Almighty Chinatown Wars. Its cool though, Hopefully Rockstar can come with a multiplatformer for the next GTA. A lot of the fans don't like the home console - handheld rotation, I'm a handheld gamer so in a way it kinda sucks, but we have no choice but to wait. After the Portable Trilogy is completed this winter. I'm sure they will start a new set.

ECas123
  • ECas123

;-)

• Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (VinnyGouveia @ Aug 9 2008, 17:21)

It would be better if it was ported for 39.99USD for the PC, or sold over XBLA/PSN(Chinatown Wars).

(According to SEGA) The iPhone is just as powerful as the Dreamcast so with possibly an attachable controller you could play them on the iPhone (possibly something like this http://www.icontrolpad.com/ )

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (ECas123 @ Aug 11 2008, 03:48)

(According to SEGA) The iPhone is just as powerful as the Dreamcast so with possibly an attachable controller you could play them on the iPhone (possibly something like this http://www.icontrolpad.com/ )

Thanks

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (ECas123 @ Aug 11 2008, 14:18)

This is because the Dreamcast used the same Power VR line-up of low-power graphics processors found in mobile phones, the iphone also has 128MB of RAM and uses a 412Mhz processor making it alright for games. So it does have some potential to be able to run LCS and VCS. Too bad its unlikely this would happen.

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:20 AM

I think this is overdoing it, but I do think there should be more games for the PSP or multiplatform. I mostly play games on PSP these days, it's better being able to take the game with you.

GtaRampager95
  • GtaRampager95

Pigeon Exterminator!

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:26 AM

It would be hella laggy and probably crash like every 10 seconds so that would make your idea like bullcrap. The only way to make it fast is take all the buildings and put it in the trash and you get a pretty fast game with invisible barriers.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Aug 12 2008, 02:10)

This is because the Dreamcast used the same Power VR line-up of low-power graphics processors found in mobile phones, the iphone also has 128MB of RAM and uses a 412Mhz processor making it alright for games. So it does have some potential to be able to run LCS and VCS. Too bad its unlikely this would happen.

It was just an idea, unlikely but possible. I figured outside of a PSP & DS what could handle these games? IPhone for sure. Maybe a PC version for laptops, those are portable also.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (GtaRampager95 @ Aug 12 2008, 02:26)
It would be hella laggy and probably crash like every 10 seconds so that would make your idea like bullcrap. The only way to make it fast is take all the buildings and put it in the trash and you get a pretty fast game with invisible barriers.

Idea bullcrap?? Interesting. When I own this Trilogy Pack when it comes out, what email can I send the pics to?

i know things. moto_whistle.gif

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:50 PM

bad idea! mainly because 2/3rds of the package would suck ass. chinatown wars may be good, but won't be good enough to save those other 2 crappy games. a portable trilogy my be good if it had better games. id buy this set just to delete lcs & vcs off the set. though the games would work on an iphone, they would probably work better on a pc or mac, but if gta is going to spend money on a portable 3 pack, they are better starting off from chinatown wars n continuing from that point. nuff said.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 18 2008, 18:50)
bad idea! mainly because 2/3rds of the package would suck ass. chinatown wars may be good, but won't be good enough to save those other 2 crappy games. a portable trilogy my be good if it had better games. id buy this set just to delete lcs & vcs off the set. though the games would work on an iphone, they would probably work better on a pc or mac, but if gta is going to spend money on a portable 3 pack, they are better starting off from chinatown wars n continuing from that point. nuff said.

I don't get it, but what's with you and the hate towards the stories GTA's?

Maybe LCS captured a movie but VCS didn't, that's the latest excuse you used.

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 18 2008, 16:53)
QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 18 2008, 18:50)
bad idea! mainly because 2/3rds of the package would suck ass. chinatown wars may be good, but won't be good enough to save those other 2 crappy games.  a portable trilogy my be good if it had better games. id buy this set just to delete lcs & vcs off the set. though the games would work on an iphone, they would probably work better on a pc or mac, but if gta is going to spend money on a portable 3 pack, they are better starting off from chinatown wars n continuing from that point. nuff said.

I don't get it, but what's with you and the hate towards the stories GTA's?

Maybe LCS captured a movie but VCS didn't, that's the latest excuse you used.

HT: cocaine movies for 500 alex.......

Alex: This movie is Al Pacino's biggest role as a cuban drug lord.....

HT: ahm what is "scarface"

Alex: That is correct Handithug you are a genius.

HT: Thanks Alex

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (02134 @ Aug 12 2008, 02:20)
I do think there should be more games for the PSP or multiplatform. I mostly play games on PSP these days, it's better being able to take the game with you.

Yea I use my hand held a lot as well. Still trying to 100% LCS....once that is done Ill get VCS & CW.

Michaś
  • Michaś

No US for me in 2014... BLNT

• Members

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 13 2008, 01:15)
QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Aug 12 2008, 02:10)

(According to SEGA) The iPhone is just as powerful as the Dreamcast so with possibly an attachable controller you could play them on the iPhone (possibly something like this http://www.icontrolpad.com/ (http://www.icontrolpad.com/) )

It was just an idea, unlikely but possible. I figured outside of a PSP & DS what could handle these games? IPhone for sure. Maybe a PC version for laptops, those are portable also.

Yeah, and the trilogy would be on App Store lol, then on Cydia biggrin.gif

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:14 PM

Not entirely sure about how it would work out on the iPhone, but perhaps a double pack for PSP. A triple pack with different console games/company games seems unlikely...

And Coolyfett posting... sarcasm.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users