Photo

When is Chinatown Wars release date?

23 replies to this topic
Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:11 AM

Does anyone know the date of release? I heard it may be on Black Friday.... If that is correct when should we expect so see screens?

Sony should release a double pack for Liberty & Vice Stories around that same time, many PSPs will be purchased that day.

Off topic!! What's up with the cover of Madden 09??? dude plays for the Jets now!!! WOOOOOOOOOW!

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 9 2008, 08:11)
many PSPs will be purchased that day.

Why would many PSPs be bought that day when it's coming out for Nintendo DS? :S

Know one knows a realease date.

the_don94
  • the_don94

iHackô

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

Why would PSP's sell a lot that day? If anything, DS' will sell more.

Off-topic: Whatever, Favre should just go out in peace. I think he's just tarnishing his career by doing all this.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (JonnyVercetti @ Aug 9 2008, 09:57)
QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 9 2008, 08:11)
many PSPs will be purchased that day.

Why would many PSPs be bought that day when it's coming out for Nintendo DS? :S

Know one knows a realease date.

The many PSPs comment was in regards to IF Sony/Rockstar re-released Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories as a double pack. Just to capitalize on the hype.

Sorta how a sale for Spider Man & Spider Man 2 DVDs when Spider Man 3 hit theaters.

FlexSlim
  • FlexSlim

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

I don't see why a bundle pack will make people buy a console, I mean they could just buy the two games separtely...

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Goldey @ Aug 9 2008, 22:02)
I don't see why a bundle pack will make people buy a console, I mean they could just buy the two games separtely...

How would they play them?

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 9 2008, 22:31)

What do you mean??? They would play them same as playing them as a double pack!!! I think you got it misunderstood because he means buy GTA LCS and GTA VCS separately.
Are you gonna get them on that day??

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (FiliGTAFan @ Aug 9 2008, 22:53)

What do you mean??? They would play them same as playing them as a double pack!!! I think you got it misunderstood because he means buy GTA LCS and GTA VCS separately.

You mean the day Chinatown Wars is released? Yea, I just got Liberty City Stories. I only got it because of the Chinatown Wars news. Ill get Vice City Stories around the holidays.

The poster said that a double pack wouldn't sell PSPs....but everyone doesn't own a PSP. Lots of people still don't own either handhand. I was never interested in the series until Chinatown Wars news was mentioned, then I got into it.

Fido24
  • Fido24

GTAPla.net

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:19 PM

wow...that was probably the single most interesting comment I have ever read on a GTA forum....Chinatown Wars, not the single best 1st week selling game GTAIV, but Chinatown Wars was what cought your interest? hmm.... dontgetit.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (the_don94 @ Aug 9 2008, 15:44)
Why would PSP's sell a lot that day? If anything, DS' will sell more.

Off-topic: Whatever, Favre should just go out in peace. I think he's just tarnishing his career by doing all this.

Why? PSP is better, and more expensive for a reason. Developers know that the PSP will outlast Nintendo's flavor of the week.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

It should be "Chinatown Wars release date?". This was the only reason I ventured in here.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:13 PM

Well, Gronf...
This particular OP is rather overly excited about the new game, as it appears from all his topics on the game we know so little about.
I wonder if Lazlow mentioned this one at all on his show, is someone here keeping tabs on that front??

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 10 2008, 04:51)

You mean the day Chinatown Wars is released? Yea, I just got Liberty City Stories. I only got it because of the Chinatown Wars news. Ill get Vice City Stories around the holidays.

The poster said that a double pack wouldn't sell PSPs....but everyone doesn't own a PSP. Lots of people still don't own either handhand. I was never interested in the series until Chinatown Wars news was mentioned, then I got into it.

Wow, you mean Chinatown Wars got you into GTA??? GTA III got me into the series but Chinatown Wars on the DS got you into the GTA series. Does that mean you are going to get most of the games from now on?

XMike
  • XMike

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 9 2008, 03:11)
Off topic!! What's up with the cover of Madden 09??? dude plays for the Jets now!!! WOOOOOOOOOW!

lol, i was at walmart and i passed by madden 09. one happened to catch my eye. out of the 20 or show on display only one had favre in a jet's uniform. i looked through the 50 or so cases and that was the only one.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Fido24 @ Aug 15 2008, 16:19)
wow...that was probably the single most interesting comment I have ever read on a GTA forum....Chinatown Wars, not the single best 1st week selling game GTAIV, but Chinatown Wars was what cought your interest? hmm.... dontgetit.gif

Yea man....lots of people say what you said.

Ill explain. I'm a huge fan of multiplatformers, I think the exclusive thing is unfair thats just my personal thought on it.

I just recently got BACK into games in 2007. I was a deliver driver & needed something to do between runs. So I got a PSP a female recommended it.

I had heard about GTA but was never interested because it wasn't on every platform. Just Sony had it, when the news came out about Chinatown Wars, I ordered Liberty City Stories the next day. I love it!! Ill be getting Vice City Stories when I get 80% of LCS.

So in conclusion because Rockstar decided to share, I decided to support the brand. These are some cool games.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Aug 15 2008, 18:13)
Well, Gronf...
This particular OP is rather overly excited about the new game, as it appears from all his topics on the game we know so little about.
I wonder if Lazlow mentioned this one at all on his show, is someone here keeping tabs on that front??

Maybe... lol Im just trying to level the playing field. Nothing wrong with 3 equal pieces of a big ass pie right?

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (FiliGTAFan @ Aug 15 2008, 18:19)
Does that mean you are going to get most of the games from now on?

Yea all the ones that come on PSP.

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

It's meant to be out in Winter, according to www.rockstargames.com/chinatownwars

Probably early next year then tounge.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (FiliGTAFan @ Aug 15 2008, 18:19)
QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 10 2008, 04:51)

Wow, you mean Chinatown Wars got you into GTA??? GTA III got me into the series but Chinatown Wars on the DS got you into the GTA series. Does that mean you are going to get most of the games from now on?

Talk about a "full on Newb!!"
The PSP series got me buying the PSP a year after it was on the market, and it had some time to settle, but software was and is slow, but Sony is streadfast in supporting it and I suspect that will maintain to be the case.

The PSP holds promise for another GTA after Leeds get back to it.

Rockstar Toronto worked on them too, as I recall.

If you've not played the PS2 or orig. Xbox GTAs, then that is strange to admit to!
Maybe due to your age as a gamer, perhaps??

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

a psp double pack?? why not just put two terds in a zip lock bag and sell that. it would be the same thing as lcs & vcs being sold together, just bad bad bad games...

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

Ha! Then this will ALSO NOT BE THE GAME FOR YOU!!
Oh, and look who got busted! biggrin.gif

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:36 PM

Do we have a release date yet?

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

no, we don't. it's still "This Winter" which could mean as late as February or March

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:54 PM

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will be available on March 17th in North America and March 20th in Europe.

So the game drops in 3 months! I wonder what the retail price will be. How many DS owners are picking it up on the first day?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users