92 replies to this topic
QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (phoenix15 @ Oct 8 2008, 01:02)
[QUOTE]Beause III is realistic and 2 isn't
that logic is flawed GTA advanced in in GTA3's universe as a matter of fact its only a year before GTA3
Chinatown Wars is in the same Universe as GTA 4 and they are the most far apart as far as realsim is concered so you might want to think of another reason tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

What the f*ck are you talking about? I'm not talking about CW, IV, or Advance. I'm talking about III and 2.
Are you trying the chewbacca defense on me?

phoenix15
  • phoenix15

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

uhhhh no but how about you said and i quote[QUOTE]]Beause III is realistic and 2 isn't
Now by using that logic you are saying that if two GTA games aren't on the same level of realism they aren't in the same universe but in realty GTA games have been made in the same universe and some in that universe aren't realstic. So youre basic argument against Cluade adn Cluade Speed being the same person is very flawed tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

Rim
  • Rim

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:25 PM

Cluade
lol biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (phoenix15 @ Oct 9 2008, 00:02)
uhhhh no but how about you said and i quote[QUOTE]]Beause III is realistic and 2 isn't
Now by using that logic you are saying that if two GTA games aren't on the same level of realism they aren't in the same universe but in realty GTA games have been made in the same universe and some in that universe aren't realstic. So youre basic argument against Cluade adn Cluade Speed being the same person is very flawed tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

Yep, GTA2 and the GTA3 series are in different "GTA universes".

phoenix15
  • phoenix15

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:11 PM

all im sayin is you guys keep saying GTA 3 and 2 are in different universes you care to prove that with some cold hard facts? monocle.gif

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (phoenix15 @ Oct 9 2008, 21:11)
all im sayin is you guys keep saying GTA 3 and 2 are in different universes you care to prove that with some cold hard facts? monocle.gif

GTA2 is more futuristic. It has f*cking electro guns and is more abstract.
GTAIII and on tried to be realistic, most unrealistic things are just console limitations.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (phoenix15 @ Oct 10 2008, 08:11)

Their in different canons. Each canon is basically a different universe, so characters from one canon generally won't make it to another canon. Sam Houser said that none of the characters from the III canon (III, Vice City, San Andreas, the Stories) would appear in GTA IV because it's a different canon.

It's pointless providing you with cold, hard facts because everyone knows that they're different universes. Why wasn't Vice City called GTA IV, even though it's the fourth GTA? You know why? Because it's a different canon. GTA IV basically means that it's a new canon, that's all.

phoenix15
  • phoenix15

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:48 PM

ok frist off GTA 2 took place in 2013 of course they would have future guns.
second i get gta3 and four are different but R* said there different canons. How do you know if anywhere city is in GTA 3's universe? has R* have emailed you and said GTA 2 and 3 are different universes? and for all you know R* could have just came up with the canon rule for the transtion between GTA 3 and 4 so anyway back on topic Cluade from GTA 3 is Claude speed

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (phoenix15 @ Oct 10 2008, 20:48)
ok frist off GTA 2 took place in 2013 of course they would have future guns.
second i get gta3 and four are different but R* said there different canons. How do you know if anywhere city is in GTA 3's universe? has R* have emailed you and said GTA 2 and 3 are different universes? and for all you know R* could have just came up with the canon rule for the transtion between GTA 3 and 4 so anyway back on topic Cluade from GTA 3 is Claude speed

Liberty City and San Andreas are somewhat plausible names for a city. Anywhere City isn't.
Also, the GTA 2 uses futuristic weapons, not future weapons. Futuristic weapons are electro guns and SW-ish blasters. Future weapons are AK-202s.

phoenix15
  • phoenix15

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:29 PM

sense when do you come up with and deside which names are plausible? monocle.gif most people won't think a city could be named Pittsburg adn it is so there. Now back on topic if the only piece of ammo you guys have against Cluade and Cluade speed being the same person is the canon debate which i have won tounge2.gif tounge2.gif then i guess it's settled cluade adn cluade speed are the same person biggrin.gif

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:40 PM

No, you have not won it.

GTA III is realistic, GTA 2 isn't, shut up.

phoenix15
  • phoenix15

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:01 AM

GTA advanced isn't realstic compared to GTA 3 your stupid point?

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:56 AM

GTA Advance is limited by the platform.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (phoenix15 @ Oct 11 2008, 10:29)
sense when do you come up with and deside which names are plausible? monocle.gif most people won't think a city could be named Pittsburg adn it is so there. Now back on topic if the only piece of ammo you guys have against Cluade and Cluade speed being the same person is the canon debate which i have won tounge2.gif tounge2.gif then i guess it's settled cluade adn cluade speed are the same person biggrin.gif

God, you're a moron. Rockstar said back when GTA III came out that they were different canons, same thing when GTA IV came out.

phoenix15
  • phoenix15

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

PROVIDE A LINK!

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:34 PM

Claude and Claude Speed are not the same person. I mean how would Claude (GTA3) be something like 30 @ 2001 and then 12 years after he hasn't aged a BIT.

They are from a different canon and so they don't exist in each others canons, there's no Claude (III) in the GTA2 universe and there's no C.Speed @ the III canon.

Enough said.

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Oct 11 2008, 14:34)
Claude and Claude Speed are not the same person. I mean how would Claude (GTA3) be something like 30 @ 2001 and then 12 years after he hasn't aged a BIT.

They are from a different canon and so they don't exist in each others canons, there's no Claude (III) in the GTA2 universe and there's no C.Speed @ the III canon.

Enough said.

Thats right. They are comletely different charchters, they just have same name. Only Claude Speed have lastname, Claude doesnt.

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

Don't forget about freezing (or whatever it was) - he was not growing while that - that may explain why he not changed alot.

As for me i believe they are the same persons.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (Ghost Bear @ Oct 11 2008, 16:26)

Don't forget about freezing (or whatever it was) - he was not growing while that - that may explain why he not changed alot.

As for me i believe they are the same persons.

Still falls short.
From Wiki:

Human cryopreservation is not currently reversible. In the United States, cryonics can only be legally performed on humans after pronounced legally dead.

Thus, Claude Speed being cryogenically frozen is futuristic. However, the III canon tries to be somewhat realistic and doesn't really feature futuristic technologies... Much.

BiggusSiddus
  • BiggusSiddus

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:13 AM Edited by spykersid, 12 October 2008 - 10:16 AM.

Well if you've played GTA III u must have seen the cutscene the first 1 sumthing like this "I'm an ambitious girl" Catalina says,when Claude who was called Fido in sum places in-game is with a shotgun ofcourse San An has the same Claude and Catalina too but it's like when they were younger.

in GTA2 we have aerial view how can u say they look same maybe Claude is both the ppl's can't there be 2 with 1name?

GRAND THEFT AUTO reverse stories,LOL

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

SA is set in 92 and III is in 2001. SA showed their history before hooking up with each other, they were younger in 92. But the GTA2 Claude Speed has not aged a bit after GTA3 which shows Claude when he's 30 or something.

phoenix15
  • phoenix15

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:09 AM

ok lets not forget this is a video game people tounge.gif So that means he could hae been frozen shortly after words wow.gif Also wheres that link? monocle.gif

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (phoenix15 @ Oct 13 2008, 01:09)
ok lets not forget this is a video game people tounge.gif So that means he could hae been frozen shortly after words wow.gif Also wheres that link? monocle.gif

No, he couldn't have been frozen right after the events of III, because successful and reverse-engeneer-able cryopreservation does not exist in the somewhat realistic III canon.

phoenix15
  • phoenix15

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:26 PM

ok lets remember who froze him people. It was a gang in a video game so they could have the tech plus its a game so they can have waht ever they want in the plot

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:37 AM

No, you know what? f*ck you. He was unfrozen right before leaving prison, thus he was frozen by the government, which usually doesn't concern itself with putting serial killers to cryo-sleep.
Secondly, no they couldn't. Due to gameplay&story segregation, a character in a GTA game can do anything while not in a cutscene, see? But the actual canon takes place only in cutscenes and directions. So, as you see, the GTA III canon is just a version of real life, if really tarnished, and the GTA 2 canon is futuristic and thus not connected with III

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:54 AM

the government, which usually doesn't concern itself with putting serial killers to cryo-sleep.

Stop comparing with reallife! This is a game after all. Why Zaibatsu (or whatever it was in gta's 2001) can't influence goverment somehow to use Claude as tool when they will need him?

Horatio Humboldt
  • Horatio Humboldt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:42 PM

Really guys, their is not one real plausible reason that they are the same person but loads that they arnt (see my earlier post).

Finaly, if they were the same person R* would just f*cking say they were!

Oh, and Merry Christmas !

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:17 AM

This topic is about as stupid as the Tekken storyline. At the end of Tekken 2, Kazuya is thrown into a volcano by Heihachi and apparently survives due to selling his soul to Devil in about two seconds before he melts into oblivion. Namco then axed Kazuya when they made Tekken 3 by introducing Jin Kazama. Two years after on the PlayStation version, they attempted to fix the storyline by giving Jin the same demonic powers as Kazuya, then in Tekken 4, they reintroduced Kazuya and completely redesigned Jin so he wasn't 90% the same as his father.

If GTA2 was placed in 'Monkey City' rather than Anywhere City, and had Planet of the Apes style characters in it, would you still say that Claude Speed was Claude of GTA3? It's no different to saying John Howard (former Australian prime minister) is the same person as John Howard (the hospital boss from the All Saints TV series) because they have the same name. Both people live in Australia, just like both characters live in GTA-land.

claud3
  • claud3

Confuicus's Version of the golden rule.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:30 AM

we don't care if he is or is not devil.gif rampage_ani.gif

expieriencedgta
  • expieriencedgta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:41 AM

so then y arent there two claudes written on the wall in gta iv because they placed all the names thevye got claude cj tommy toni victor shouldnt their be two claudes mercie_blink.gif suicidal.gif sly.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users