Photo

Is Claude Claude Speed!?

92 replies to this topic
rugbyrules
  • rugbyrules

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

I have always thought that is Claude in GTA III the same character as the GTA 2 character> If so then Claude is Englsih! I would never of thought that Jack from eastenders was Claude! However there are other possibilities that Claude from GTA III is a different guy and this whole thing could be a coincidence. Here are the following points i put down.

*Claude Speed is much more emotional then the Claude in GTA III and he talks too.

*Claude was first seen in San Andreas and looked young lets say about 20? Put that to 30 in GTA III then add 12 to the year 2013 to when GTA 2 was set he must of been 42. The Claude Speed in the intro movie on GTA 2 looks younger then 41 or though I could be wrong.

*There is a big chance of Claude being killed much sonner then 2013 because of the amount of trouble he has caused for gangs in the city. Just so you know Claude Speed is killed at the end of the intro movie in GTA 2 by a Zaibustu assassin, see the youtube video if you have not yet seen it.

*Claude Speed operates in Anywhere city which could be Liberty city in the future, but none the less it is probably not Liberty city so unless Claude decided to move to Anywhere city this can't be the same guy!

*Surely Claude would of stopped taking orders from mob bosses eventually and used his hard earned money to retire in a nice big house in Vice city? biggrin.gif

*And finally there is no real evidence of Claude Speed being the same guy as Claude apart from sharing the same first name and ability to kill people.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

I don't think they are the same guy. Claude Speed from GTA2 is younger than what Claude of GTA3 would be in 2013.

That's why I always refer to the GTA3 guy as simply Claude.

Grand Theft Auto Dude
  • Grand Theft Auto Dude

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:17 AM

Well, because Rockstar started making GTA3 after GTA2 (duh), they probably just called the guy 'Claude' in the data files, and didn't intend to give him a real name. But when people found the real name, they thought they'd just run with it, and give him an official name in San Andreas.
So no, they probably aren't the same person.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:17 PM

On the gta2 movie you can see on the monitor of some PC that he is 28 years old. GTA2 is in 2013. So if Claude in GTA3 is Claude Speed he have to be 16 years old biggrin.gif

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:15 PM

He's probably not Claude. AFAIK, they're in different universes.

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (stef_92 @ Aug 8 2008, 16:17)
On the gta2 movie you can see on the monitor of some PC that he is 28 years old. GTA2 is in 2013. So if Claude in GTA3 is Claude Speed he have to be 16 years old biggrin.gif

Which would mean he was seven in SA. So, no, I don't think they're the same guy.

Barciur
  • Barciur

Proud PC gamer.

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

who said GTA2 is in 2013? it's in 1999, not 2013

Zom-B
  • Zom-B

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

It's the same character, in a different canon.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Barciur @ Aug 8 2008, 18:20)
who said GTA2 is in 2013? it's in 1999, not 2013

Nope. It's 2013.

Zom-B, although the statement is contradicting itself, I have to admit it might be true. The GTA 2 Claude is probably the same Claude, but with his mother deciding to give birth about 11 years later than in the GTA III canon.

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

Yeah, so their names are coincidently Claude and everyone thinks they're the same person. If he was named different, would this be such of an argument? sly.gif

boothy
  • boothy

I'm reforming. See you in some other user name...

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

claude speed is jack branning off eastenders

claude is the gta3 guy

there ya have it colgate.gif

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

Ok these days, this always gets me flack.

When the game came out.
His name was "un named guy".
When people said " hey he looks like the guy from gtaii so his name has to be claude"
Rockstar replied with " no they just look similar"
And that was accepted.

When san andreas came out.
Rockstar put in a guy in san adreas that looked somewhere between Claude speed, and the
"un-named guy" from gtaiii. They called him CLAUDE in san andreas.

I ask the question that everyone should be asking, but not many of the originals left to remember what to ask.

Is that Claude from II ? or is that the un named guy from gtaiii and rockstar just said "ehh screw it, give it to em".

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (TruXter @ Aug 8 2008, 23:14)

When the game came out.
When people said " hey he looks like the guy from gtaii so his name has to be claude"
And that was accepted.

Rockstar put in a guy in san adreas that looked somewhere between Claude speed, and the
"un-named guy" from gtaiii. They called him CLAUDE in san andreas.

I ask the question that everyone should be asking, but not many of the originals left to remember what to ask.

Is that Claude from II ? or is that the un named guy from gtaiii and rockstar just said "ehh screw it, give it to em".

SA Claude = GTA III Claude.

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Aug 8 2008, 23:57)
QUOTE (TruXter @ Aug 8 2008, 23:14)

When the game came out.
And that was accepted.

"un-named guy" from gtaiii. They called him  CLAUDE in san andreas.

Is that Claude from II  ? or is that the un named guy from gtaiii and rockstar just said "ehh screw it, give it to em".

SA Claude = GTA III Claude.

Yes, exactly. Evidence?

1. He doesn't speak, ever.
2. He's dating Catalina.
3. Looks exactly the same.

"Claude" from GTA III was clearly based on the actor they got for that 10 minute long live action promo video for GTA2... as to whether or not they actually intended it to be the same guy, my guess is no, but it falls under the "because I said so" category. In other words, R* made a random character for GTA III (hence the reason he never speaks - they weren't intending on the character's history to matter much) and decided to flesh him out a bit more by tying him into San Andreas and GTA2. That's my best guess.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:18 AM

The oldest piece we can find on the net about gtaiii
Gauranga

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:54 AM

Claude from gta3 and from SA are the same. Even his model and textures in SA are named "claude"

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

Fido is not Claude Speed. Speed was in a more fantastical setting and was not a mute and he was deemed important enough to be cryogenicaly frozen!
Fido was in a sleazy, slimy city, couldn't talk and simply disappeared once he killed Catalina. His revenge was complete and he slunk back to the shadows of the underworld.

They are not the same person at all. The name and design do make the character a mascot for the GTA series but he is capable of existing in different incarnations of the series. So expect to see him in the next GTA game.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

Who is 'Fido'? sarcasm.gif

Toni Cipriani or Claude? catspider.gif catspider.gif

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

Fido, also known as "GTA III Guy".

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:17 PM

As far as I'm concerned his name is 'Claude'.

I can't believe people still call him "Fido". Rockstar gave him a name and that ended up being 'Claude'. Fido is just a nickname stupid Maria used in one mission, she even called Toni in LCS as 'Fido', does that make them the same person or called by that name?

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

I just like the name Fido more. It suits his character.

rugbyrules
  • rugbyrules

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

No it doesn't.... confused.gif

Antonio Cipriani
  • Antonio Cipriani

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

Hey guys, who ever said the movie takes place in 2013? It may even take place before GTA 3! That would explain the fact that Claude is 28.
Also, look at the cars, they don't look like they're from 2013. I think the movie was made just to introduce us to the gangs and stuff, and doesn't have anything to do with the storyline.

Bdawg12348
  • Bdawg12348

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

i always thought they were but you have to put this into perspective....

if he was 28 in 2013 (GTA 2)

That means in 2001 (GTA 3) he was 15...lets just say 16 so he could drive...

Which means in 1992 (san andres) he was 7?

rugbyrules
  • rugbyrules

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

Unless the intro movie was made way before 2013 I can't see it being possible for them being the same dudes...

AccountKiller.com
  • AccountKiller.com

http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:39 PM Edited by Lance_Ryder, 29 December 2013 - 08:00 PM.

Please add a post and account deletion procedure!

http://www.accountki...moval-requested

You, as a webmaster or administrator, may have arrived here through an account information page on the site you're coming from. It seems the user tried to delete his/her account, however found this to be impossible. Therefore the user scrambled his/her personal data and referred to this page, requesting the site to create an account deletion option, preferably by completely deleting all personal data from the database.

More and more people are concerned about online privacy. Therefore we encourage online services to create an account deletion option, hopefully transparent and easily executed by the user. By anonimising personal data, retained data is rendered inadequate for (commercial) use. As more people use such measures, the urge for deletion options becomes stronger.

Besides, your site may be labelled white instead of black in the listings of AccountKiller. This provides more trust to users even considering the creation of an account at your site.

For further reference, also read the FAQ on AccountKiller.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (rugbyrules @ Aug 10 2008, 12:56)
No it doesn't.... confused.gif

Yes it does, because he's an emotionless errand boy. Like a dog, unquestioning and obedient to whoever feeds him.
Claude sounds rather a snobbish name actually. Like Julian or Percival.

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Aug 10 2008, 11:53)
Fido is not Claude Speed. Speed was in a more fantastical setting and was not a mute and he was deemed important enough to be cryogenicaly frozen!
Fido was in a sleazy, slimy city, couldn't talk and simply disappeared once he killed Catalina. His revenge was complete and he slunk back to the shadows of the underworld.

They are not the same person at all. The name and design do make the character a mascot for the GTA series but he is capable of existing in different incarnations of the series. So expect to see him in the next GTA game.

What?

He was called fido as a way for that particular boss to put him below her, fido wasn't actually his name. Damn, I swear some people need to take some literature classes.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (MichiganMuscle77 @ Aug 11 2008, 00:36)
QUOTE (Typhus @ Aug 10 2008, 11:53)

What?

He was called fido as a way for that particular boss to put him below her, fido wasn't actually his name. Damn, I swear some people need to take some literature classes.

What the f*ck are you talking about? I've got an A Level in English Literature! Got the best grade in the entire college too.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

I don't they're the same person. I mean just because they share the same first name, doesn't mean they're the same person.

I reckon R* started calling Claude, Claude in SA to throw everyone off, and started to make everyone wonder if he is Claude Speed.

We all know how shifty R* are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users