• Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:10 PM

hello I am wondering how to hail a taxi but i don ot know how to please help

AbSoLuTiOn
  • AbSoLuTiOn

TFKG<3

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

I'd juts like to say, you don't need to make your text size bigger, it's not going to increase the amount of people who pay attention to this thread.

Anyway, to answer your question, to hail a Taxi all you need to do is press L1 on the PS3 version and press LB on the 360 version.

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:39 PM Edited by Graven, 07 August 2008 - 10:42 PM.

And hold the Y, or triangle? on PS3. If You press, like many probably first did, Niko steals the cab instead of being a passanger.

jake4
  • jake4

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (AbSoLuTiOn @ Aug 7 2008, 22:16)
I'd juts like to say, you don't need to make your text size bigger, it's not going to increase the amount of people who pay attention to this thread.

Anyway, to answer your question, to hail a Taxi all you need to do is press L1 on the PS3 version and press LB on the 360 version.

dont you have to pass a certain mison after doing it first i couldnt do it i started beating Romans first missions and i was able to whistle LI = press and hold TRIANGLE

Ziggyy
  • Ziggyy

Gameprogramming student

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:31 PM

You can do it any time.. It's like stealing a car mate..

Doctor Emmett L. Brown
  • Doctor Emmett L. Brown

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (jake4 @ Aug 9 2008, 22:15)
QUOTE (AbSoLuTiOn @ Aug 7 2008, 22:16)

dont you have to pass a certain mison after doing it first i couldnt do it i started beating Romans first missions and i was able to whistle LI = press and hold TRIANGLE

Nope there always is cabs driving around call one and it'll take you to your destination.

Prfctpersistent
  • Prfctpersistent

Your Royal Pain In The Ass =] Currently Ranking 9

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:33 AM

No after a certain mission you do possess the ability to hail cabs I'm sure because I tried it out the second I got the game and it wouldnt allow me to then when I finish an early mission one of romans it said at the top corner where all the new information about stuff goes and said to hail a cab press LB or they said L1 if ps3 and that'll HAIL the cab you still have to hold Y or the triangle button to get in the BACK of the cab otherwise you will get in the front (not allowed in the passenger when being driven in a cab) and you will steal it instead of getting driven

mudLer
  • mudLer

[gta_iv 96.17%]

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

taxi tip # 1

i stand in the street until the traffic builds up and there almost always a cab in line.

and like a few said before BE SURE TO HOLD DOWN triangle/y to enter the cab as a passenger.

and uh...

if i knew how to make my text bigger, i wouldn't.

BronxNY
  • BronxNY

Ensign

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

When u r in the cab how do u get 2 a destination and what does the "Hurry" button do? and does it get u to ur destination faster then just having the driver drive normally?

Forcefield
  • Forcefield

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:27 AM

When u r in the cab how do u get 2 a destination

You select from the on board computer.

and what does the "Hurry" button do? and does it get u to ur destination faster then just having the driver drive normally?

Yes, but skipping the ride is faster still.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:01 AM

You can also select any destination by going to the map to place a waypoint and the taxi will go there, or the closest street

If you don't hit the hurry button the taxi drives with the flow of traffic and stops at red lights. If you hit the hurry button the taxi drives aggressively, forcing its way around traffic and ignoring red lights but still stopping to pay tolls.

Skipping the ride saves time but it's also nice to chill and look at scenery you might miss if you were driving. The view from the passenger window is the most realistic in the game.

Nhani
  • Nhani

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

What's the key for PC?

Thanks

Powdinet
  • Powdinet

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:18 PM