40 replies to this topic
QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 13 2008, 00:49)
QUOTE (Mzeppelin @ Aug 12 2008, 16:36)
I hope it won't have anything that effects the other storylines, because I will never play this game. I bet it will suck anyway so I'm not worried about it.

I think you ARE WORRIED..plus you are a troll and a hater. Negative Negative Negative....If your not worried about Chinatown Wars why do you keep posting in the Chinatown forum??? Hmmmm sounds like a troll. If your a REAL GTA fan then.......???

I have read ALL the info on this game that has been released, they gave us ANSWERS to many questions, yet the lames are still in doubt, the only difference from Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories is a NEW CHARACTER & STORY...Confirmed...3D free roaming...Confirmed...Touch Screen used to navigate around...Confirmed. The "traditional" free roaming GTA fans have come to KNOW & LOVE----so what does that mean??

ok

GTA 1 = 2D
GTA 2 = 2D
GTA Advanced = 2D
GTA III = 3D
GTA Vice City = 3D
GTA San Andreas = 3D
GTA Liberty City Stories = 3D
GTA Vice City Stories = 3D
GTA IV = 3D
GTA Chinatown Wars = ??? ahm NO its 3D as well.

9 games, 6 are 3D 3(old ones) are not. Which one refers to TRADITIONAL game play?? Morons need to stop posting, Maybe the story will be lame, maybe the character will be lame, hey maybe it will be too short, those are good arguments. The 2D v 3D is played the f*ck out already, cause we know what we are getting.

How the hell would it effect the other storylines? Do you mean be connected to the other storylines? Cool if you will never play the game, why the f*ck are you talking? lamer. Please fanboy go jump off a high place and land on something sharp for us. I'm PSP owner so you don't represent me to the least, but I'm also a fan of GTA and hope the brand grows. Come better next time.

Advance was released with SA.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

@Qwerty-
Quoting all that for a one sentence reply?

I looked at the DS at Best Buy, most games are unappealing which is a big downside, there are a few, including Madden 09 that could be the standouts, but Mostly the graphics don't seem on par with GTA PSP.

Can the DS version impress us more then the Stories on PSP? I would hazzard a guess at that before I invest $100 plus on it, but I am a GTA maven, and I think it'd have to come to PS2, right??

HandiThug
  • HandiThug

Handheld Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Aug 13 2008, 07:42)
If it's far worse then the Stories PSP series from the same Gameboy designers at Rockstar Leeds, I will have to pass, but I honestly don't want to.

nothing could be worse than the stories titles. those games are at the bottom of the pits.

John Killer118
  • John Killer118

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:27 AM

We haven't seen any gameplay of it yet, so why is everybody bitching?

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (John Killer118 @ Aug 18 2008, 04:27)
We haven't seen any gameplay of it yet, so why is everybody bitching?

Well...

The PSP fans don't want it on the DS.

The PSP fans wanted a San Andreas Stories but WON'T get it.

Some loyal GTA fans think Rockstar is selling out.

DS fans are not sure what they are getting 2D or 3D (it will be in 3D).

Some say the Triads are not POPULAR enough to have a game based on them.

the list goes on, but those are some reason why some are bitching.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 20 2008, 00:04)
Some loyal GTA fans think Rockstar is selling out.

I don't think they're selling out completely: there will be many amazing GTA titles on other consoles in the future whether or not GTA:CW is a flop.

They're just trying out another market: to see how DS users respond to such a game, rather than just making a quick buck. Also they're ticking a box to say "We have conquered every games console this millenium!"

wesley545
  • wesley545

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 7 2008, 19:00)
Advance was actually related to III in some way even though not many characters returned aside from Asuka and 8-Ball. It was set 1 year before.

As for Chinatown Wars I bet it's a low budget DS game like Advance was, I just feel so.

If Rockstar was able to cram a descent top-down game onto the Advanced, don't you think they can squeeze a reasonable game onto the DS?

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (wesley545 @ Aug 26 2008, 18:03)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Aug 7 2008, 19:00)
Advance was actually related to III in some way even though not many characters returned aside from Asuka and 8-Ball. It was set 1 year before.

As for Chinatown Wars I bet it's a low budget DS game like Advance was, I just feel so.

If Rockstar was able to cram a descent top-down game onto the Advanced, don't you think they can squeeze a reasonable game onto the DS?

I think they can.

nutboy
  • nutboy

The Badman

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 17 2008, 18:06)
If it's far worse then the Stories PSP series from the same Gameboy designers at Rockstar Leeds, I will have to pass, but I honestly don't want to.

nothing could be worse than the stories titles. those games are at the bottom of the pits.

lcs and vcs were the first 2 I completed and got me into gta as a whole.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (nutboy @ Aug 31 2008, 00:46)
QUOTE (HandiThug @ Aug 17 2008, 18:06)

Yes. And they have some of the best atmosphere, and LCS is the second-longest game in the series (In the smallest city of the canons) and goddamn it, they're just good.

There is very little chance of it being ported to other consoles.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (nutboy @ Aug 31 2008, 00:46)

We are in the same boat, The first GTA I played was Liberty City Stories, and like I have said before the only reason I picked it up was because of the Chinatown Wars news.

I now also have Vice City Stories.

In my opinion I think the character development & plot will be the best in Chinatown Wars, do to the lack of cut scenes replaced by comic pages. The story needs to be strong. The more twist and turns the better, just don't get too outragious with it. IE. No Aliens and Cyborgs....

I think it is safe to say Chinatown Wars will matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users