why have headsets

16 replies to this topic
burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

Every time I'm on multiplayer I never hear anybody else who has a headset talking to me. When I play COD4 i have conversations. But with GTAIV i just leave the headset off because nobody uses them? confused.gif

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (burner12 @ Aug 6 2008, 14:14)
Every time I'm on multiplayer I never hear anybody else who has a headset talking to me. When I play COD4 i have conversations. But with GTAIV i just leave the headset off because nobody uses them? confused.gif

Your right, i bought my Headset recently, barely use it. but i'm pleased i got it so i can chat with mates and stuff and when i need to chat to other people or stick up for people in arguments lol.gif

LegendaryJordan
  • LegendaryJordan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

I use mine all the time, infact, maybe i over-use it to the extent that i begin to think everyone hates me.

Funny (not funny) story, i've been through not 1, nor 2, not even 3 but 4, yes 4 headsets! No refund or anything. I got suckered.

Teachsmay26
  • Teachsmay26

Alpha Male

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

See this is the good thing about the 360. When you buy it they give you a headset, this way people have a headset right from the start.
Most games I get into there isnt one person without a headset.
Feel sorry for PS3 owners with nobody to talk to.

deadmanwalking
  • deadmanwalking

Striving to become Worst level 10 player EVER

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

Why would I want to listen to a bunch of wanna-be-12-year-olds saying how lucky I am and calling me all sorts of offensive names?

Headsets are great for team-based games so you can talk with other teammates, but for people like me who play primarily in deathmatches, what's the point?

I think whether or not headsets are useful depends on what you're playing and your style of play.

krashdown
  • krashdown

PSN: Krashdown_

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

I used to play socom and there was a lot more communication between teammates,
That is really something that is lacking in GTA and newer games, I think that it might be because of the open coms system which sucks. push to talk is a lot better.

Juice By Kayla Marie
  • Juice By Kayla Marie

space vision; blast off

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

I use mine a lot on gta.. but if i play with randoms no one hardly ever has one :|

Prfctpersistent
  • Prfctpersistent

Your Royal Pain In The Ass =] Currently Ranking 9

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

i hardly use mine but i have it on when i need to hear people especially in bdb2 and when i need to tell them stuff so it comes in handy instead of WISHING they could hear you while you yell at your tv

Celtic_Assasinz
  • Celtic_Assasinz

Call me the bus driver, coz I'll take you to school

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

I have a headset and use it quite often, I have been guilty today of having it on and not speaking in game, just coz I feel tired.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

I mostly GTA race and find the chatter distracting so normally turn it off... I keep it on sometimes-- really only useful in team based missions/games-- helps if they guy on your team speaks english-- I was in a team deathmatch the other day with a spanish speaker. If I'm a game host for races I will keep it on as I let the others help me pick the race/laps/car types--

Xbox is so much better then PS3 (I hear it all the time from XBox players)... I'm so jealous... lol.gif

Booze
  • Booze

INFJ

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best IV Era Videos 2009

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:37 PM

I hook up with friends in party mode whenever I can. Then we play cops 'n crooks, which usually requires some strategy and teamwork, so we communicate all the time. We also joke a lot... I couldn't imagine playing without a headset really, that must suck... Then again if you're just playing with strangers, I can see why many people consider it obsolete.

southpaw535
  • southpaw535

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

Other way round with me. On TA I have a couple of people i pay with who use them and we can get some good tactic stuff going on. On COD you eother have some high pitched interference noise, someone with their tv turned up high so you ge t an echo, or you have some stupid prick being... a stupid prick

Vizard
  • Vizard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (LegendaryJordan @ Aug 6 2008, 15:11)
I use mine all the time, infact, maybe i over-use it to the extent that i begin to think everyone hates me.

Funny (not funny) story, i've been through not 1, nor 2, not even 3 but 4, yes 4 headsets! No refund or anything. I got suckered.

On my 3rd and its falling apart the mouth piece is hanging but its cord but still works.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

Every game i've been in on GTA 4 has always had people talking, i don't think i've ever had a lobby where no one was talking.

Even on team games, there's quite a bit of communication.

Cyrius
  • Cyrius

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

Ive been away from the PS3 for 2 months now. First thing I did when I started it up agein,
was to delet much of the friendlist. Kinda start over, and only add players that have mics and that I know I can work with, and trust.
Have experience to many 12 year old gangsta wannabies, bad loosers yelling at you, and thretning insults.

Usualy I have the mic turned off, and if someone with a mic joins I turn it on to give him a chance.
See what kind of person he is, and then just turn the mic off, or add him as a friend afterwards.
Depending on the results.

PorkchopSoldier
  • PorkchopSoldier

United States

• Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

I haven't been on these forums since the release date.

I haven't played MP for a few months, because of how people
act and re-act to things.

I never use my mic anymore - on any game - let alone GTA.

It's tough, because I personally want to enjoy myself and not
be disturbed by the juveniles out there.

It's tough to find good gamers to game with on a daily/ weekly
basis.

If I can find some people that have common interests and
outlooks on things, I'll be ok.

But until then, I won't talk to anyone online, unless it's a solid room
with solid people.

Zump
  • Zump

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

I usually don't have my mic on when playing with random people, because most of them are some 12 year olds, who's voice gives me headache. Or someone has showed his mic into the speakers, and is listening to 50 cent. But when playing with friends I ahve my mic on and we will kick enyone who gets in the game and is playing music or sounds like one of those 12 year old brats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users