Photo

Details. It's all in the Details!

95 replies to this topic
motorforum
  • motorforum

ped crusher

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

What little things have you seen in-game that have impressed you enough to bother to photograph them? This is mine.

user posted image

I can't believe they've bothered to model the sweep of the wipers. That's insane. Bravo, R*

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

Born Scottish, DIE SCOTTISH

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

I can't take a photo but I once saw a man tie his shoe. Whats the point of it? Thats what makes it so realistic when unnecessary things are put into the games.

Crosby
  • Crosby

This place will come to life Feb 17

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:01 AM

I never noticed that. Nice. icon14.gif
I don't have a picture, but if you take a convertible
to the car wash, a guy washes the car by hand.
I'd be shocked if 10% of the people would have
found that out on their own (I didn't blush.gif )
But, for those people that do, I imagine they
just shake their head and say "No F ing way".
R* rewards the people that appreciate stuff like that.

DanManUtd
  • DanManUtd

Doesn't support United anymore

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:03 AM

When you smash into a wall, it leaves a massive crack. That was pretty cool.

xDavidM(PC)
  • xDavidM(PC)

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:03 AM Edited by xDavidM(PC), 06 August 2008 - 12:22 AM.

Can't see the pic.
Can you post a link?
EDIT: Can see it now.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Perhaps here things will be different

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:26 AM

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but with the cars when you open the door up at a dark time of day, the interior light comes on.

There's alot of cool details in this game, that I've never seen in any other game before.

Twistie
  • Twistie

Web Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:32 AM

I love the peds that smoke in their cars and when you jack their car or break a windows a small tuft of smoke comes out of the car.

AbSoLuTiOn
  • AbSoLuTiOn

TFKG<3

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Aug 6 2008, 01:26)
I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but with the cars when you open the door up at a dark time of day, the interior light comes on.

There's alot of cool details in this game, that I've never seen in any other game before.

That happens at any time of the day, but it's still a pretty cool feature.

One of the things i'm always interested in are the blood stains on Niko's or any other peds clothes when shot, you can even see some sort of bullet hole sometimes.

I've also started noticing that when you get shot in certain places, fountains of blood will appear. Niko got shot in the Neck once and blood was pouring out for a good 2 minutes.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:59 AM

Bullet holes are highly detailed and just look awesome.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:03 AM

I like how when you drive through a tunnel, the sound of your engine echoes and reflects your environment.
Also if you fins yourself driving on the beach, and you have a HDTV, go to cinematic view and check out how amazing the sand looks

DakoscoPotPie
  • DakoscoPotPie

Stugots

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:53 AM

I was walking by a construction site and there was a guy with a reflective vest and hard hat on holding a sign indicating construction. I also like how when using your phone, if you angle Niko to the side, you can see the screen on it change as you scroll numbers etc

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

...The Devil?? Yeah, he's there as well! devil.gif lol.gif

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Aug 6 2008, 05:15)
...The Devil?? Yeah, he's there as well! devil.gif lol.gif

Took me a minute to get what the hell you were talking about then haha

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (DanManUtd @ Aug 6 2008, 00:03)
When you smash into a wall, it leaves a massive crack. That was pretty cool.

Always the same crack, so there are flaws in there as well.

The blood spurts, on certain bullet hits, I've seen that a few times, luckily doesn't happen all the time!

The audio that was needed for tunnels is what was HIGHLY flawed in GTA3 and after that, it was only marginally improved, but in GTA3, the reverb was plain nasty!

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:25 AM

I also find the wet concrete effects amazing

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:43 AM

Was just going to say, the rain soaked effects, fire as it leaps toward the sky and billows in smoke, some of the best I've ever seen, PC or console...graphics and for that alone, I love how GTA bashes all comers... It's a long, long way from their so-so graphics going to 3D...there's a lot of future prospect one can really see taking shape.

For one thing, computer graphics in terms of fire and water is not something people pull off easily... on a budget.

Lega_c
  • Lega_c

Fly Rebel

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:56 AM

I shot a rocket a wall today, the impact started smoldering.

keithmii2
  • keithmii2

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:00 AM

I have no pic but the pedestrians smolder after burning to death.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:01 AM

>You shot a wall, with a rocket today<-?

I'll try that, I have the RPG too. monocle.gif

nikobitch
  • nikobitch

The most handsome mafakah!

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

You can see a cop searching the boot a some guys car(near the church).The funny thing is the cop doesnt find anything but say something like "I see the tail light broken"(cant really remember what he say but he says something funny)and the guy takes off.I followed that guy for about 4-5 mins.He was driving normally but suddenly started acting weird as if he knew i was tailing him.Then i pulled my car in front his and he came out and started shooting at me. I Nailed that SOB on the spot biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

i think he was a gangster that why the cop was searching his boot.

JGJONES
  • JGJONES

2010 - A landmark year for games.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

I like how when you rev the engine, more smoke billows out of the exhaust and i love how the RPG looks when you pull the trigger. inlove.gif

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

I just started a new game and I only just now noticed the utility men working on various things. It looks crappy, but interesting. Some guy was smacking a light pole with a wrench. Shame they took out the ability to climb them. The little guys just spawn up there.

I like the way people run in the rain. I always hated it other GTAs where it would storm and nobody would react.

KungZoo
  • KungZoo

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:36 PM

A little something that I just recently noticed was that when you take little jacob out to do an activitiy in your own car, as you're driving you'll see the smoke from his weed coming out of the windows. That's Grade-A detail R*!

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:37 PM

Well not that I can't really photograph it, but it impressed me nonetheless, if you get a large vehicle in an open place where no peds (Or police!) can see you and you have a helicopter chasing you, as the helicopter sweeps past you can hide behind the vehicle and keep swapping sides everytime it comes past until it the choppers thinks that you must have left the vehicle or something and it leaves to look for you elsewhere. (This works best on that elevated road that has not been completed.)

LunaticBrandon
  • LunaticBrandon

Psychopath

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:19 PM

If you put gta4 in your microwave you can see what looks like lightning and it looks realistic.

Crosby
  • Crosby

This place will come to life Feb 17

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (LunaticBrandon @ Aug 6 2008, 19:19)
If you put gta4 in your microwave you can see what looks like lightning and it looks realistic.

I did this with SR and nothing happened. Hmmm...
I've said this before, but it's on of my favorite details.
so I'll say it again. If you give a bum money he will
be your bodyguard against other bums you start
fights with. It's to bad real bums can't play, because
this would definitely be their favorite feature.

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Aug 6 2008, 01:26)

If you turn off the music and listen carefully, you can hear the door chime dinging too if the door is open.

Mo4pheus
  • Mo4pheus

[BBF] Baptized By Fire - FPS/RTS Clan

• Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:45 AM

I was gonna mention the one with Lil Jacob - Love that one.

Others I have noticed:

Birds Chirping

Leaves fall from trees when you hit them with a car.

When you hit a fire hydrant (with a car) and then try to "play" in the water you stumble around.

The fire truck has 3 different sounds - normal siren, press left thumb for either the fast siren or the trucks horn.

I saw a prostitute proposition a man in a Cavalade the other day, she was dancing around and then hopped in the truck with him.

There are places around the city where a cinematic will show Niko jumping a fence or barrier. If you are flung from a car or jump out of a rapidly moving heli at one of these spots it will trigger the cinematic mode and you will see Niko die in a different view.

As said before, the bullet holes are awesome.

Ahhhhh there are so many, to many to list. smile.gif

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:25 AM

I love the way the tires actually go flat and shred, instead of the wheels just "bending" when shot (Vice City, San Andreas). Also the way that the rims leave gouges in the pavement as you drive on them.

Not enough can be said about the amount of detail put into the junker cars. The billowing black smoke from the exhaust, the way the entire cloud lights up when the engine backfires, the rips in the seats, mis-matched body panels and interior trim... fantastic.

If you've ever looked closely at a dirty car, you'll see that the dirt isn't just a shader that add as the car becomes dirty. No, there's actually spots of dirt on the car, very realistic.

Can't forget the way the metallic flake in a clean paint job sparkles in the sun light.

The defroster strips in the back windows of cars is a great touch as well.

How about the way the water from a broken hydrant pushes up a car as it's driving over?

Here's another cool example of detail:
I pulled out my RPG to take out a target during an assassination mission. I fired it, but it bounced off the fender of his car and hit the second story window of a building. The way the car took off when the rocket hit the fender and the way the pedestrians all ducked and then ran away was just so.. action movie.. it was amazing.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:35 AM

Holy sh*t, the first time i had a car backfire it frightened the sh*t out of me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users