Photo

Midnight Club Los Angeles - GTA for the Left Coast

35 replies to this topic
TheKnoa
  • TheKnoa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:30 PM

Rockstar didn't let me down with GTA IV. I'm thinking about purchasing Midnight Club: Los Angeles because of the strong Rockstar reputation. However, I don't know anyone who has played a game in that series. Does anyone have any experience with the Midnight Club series?

Regardless, I hope it's up to the same standards as GTA IV. It's built on the same game engine.

Anyone buying this game?

Cheers,

TheKnoa

beanmike206
  • beanmike206

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:54 PM

ive never played midnight club 1 and 2
because they were sh*t.

midnight club 3 was the best street racing game ever.
pissed all over that excuse EA made.

if its as good as the third one was, im buying it. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:02 PM

Midnight Clubs 1 and 2 were not sh*t at all.

Crosby
  • Crosby

This place will come to life Feb 17

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:20 PM

I played Midnight Run 1 and it made me so mad,
I hurled my controller at my PS2 and broke it. cry.gif

That was the last time I played that series. colgate.gif

(I am a much calmer person now-thankfully)

Twistie
  • Twistie

Web Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:41 PM

I really liked Midnight 3. I think it was soooo much better than Need for Speed. Although there is alot of decent competition now including Burnout Paradise and Grid.

XxLDCxX
  • XxLDCxX

Cloud Strife

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:14 AM

Ive played 2 and 3...they were both amazing. I am deffinatly going to buy this game. By the way, you posted this in the wrong part of these forums.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Twistie @ Aug 5 2008, 17:41)
I really liked Midnight 3. I think it was soooo much better than Need for Speed. Although there is alot of decent competition now including Burnout Paradise and Grid.

Midnight Club 3 was overall better (I really haven't played too much of Midnight Club 2), but Midnight Club 2 had it's advantages. In the second Midnight Club you were able to run people over and with a cheat device obtain a machine gun and rockets for your car.

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:33 AM Edited by Reiji, 06 August 2008 - 01:39 AM.

QUOTE (beanmike206 @ Aug 5 2008, 22:54)
because they were sh*t.

How do you know they were sh*t if you've never played those games before?

Anyway, Midnight Club is great if you're really into cars, but I wouldn't suggest getting it just because of "Rockstar's Reputation" Honestly, I'm into this series more than GTA. Some people may not find the series as the best racing game, but MC is really unique in its own way. For example, it's not as realistic as some other "strictly racing games" but the game can still give you some adrenaline feeling if you've played racing games for the first time.

I've uploaded some gameplay videos to let you know how it's like...
Midnight Club 2:
Tokyo racer

Midnight Club 3:
Toyota Aristo
- One of the cars you get in the beginning

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
- Might be slow if you're into exotics, but it's a well balanced car

Motorcycle footage
- Faster than cars, but harder to control.

Gemballa / Ferrari F355
- One of the fastest cars I've used in the game

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:49 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 06 August 2008 - 03:00 AM.

I really enjoyed MC 3. Sure it's arcadish compared to most other racing games, but it had an awesome varity of vehicles IMO.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Aug 5 2008, 23:02)
Midnight Clubs 1 and 2 were not sh*t at all.

Agree smile.gif i love midnight club so im defo getting this one.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:58 AM

Its a great series but don't go assuming its like GTA because it isn't, yeah it shares game engines but other then that its separate game. Its even produced by a different section of Rockstar, Rockstar San Diego formerly Angel Studios. Midnight Club is a pure arcade way point racer, so unless you don't like that kind of thing get MC3 while you wait for Midnight Club LA which seems to be like Test Drive Unlimited.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Aug 5 2008, 20:58)
Its a great series but don't go assuming its like GTA because it isn't, yeah it shares game engines but other then that its separate game. Its even produced by a different section of Rockstar, Rockstar San Diego formerly Angel Studios. Midnight Club is a pure arcade way point racer, so unless you don't like that kind of thing get MC3 while you wait for Midnight Club LA which seems to be like Test Drive Unlimited.

You should start locking more of those Thailand murder topics since there is so many now.

Also, I remember that I don't have Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition. . . . . I have Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition: Remix.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:16 AM

Ah yes the Remix, is basically MC3 Dub but with a few new cars, and music etc. Not much difference really, still its worth getting considering it will be cheap since it was very cheap when it was released so the original game buyers weren't too hurt to find a better version later on.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Aug 5 2008, 21:16)
Ah yes the Remix, is basically MC3 Dub but with a few new cars, and music etc. Not much difference really, still its worth getting considering it will be cheap since it was very cheap when it was released so the original game buyers weren't too hurt to find a better version later on.

I say 24 new vehicles, 25 new songs, a revamped Tokyo from Midnight Club 2, new races and battle maps, and online play is actually quite an improvement. I mean if the DLC for GTA IV included 24 new vehicles, 25 new songs (extra radio station), a revamped map (a previous city or atleast one borough), and new features I'm sure people would be quite satisfied with the DLC, however I doubt on a new city or borough.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:49 AM

I have owned, played, and beaten all Midnight Club's. I even beat it on the PSP, with it's f*cking loading screen's, which would take forever. I was even one of those suckers who bought MC3 DUB Edition: ReMix when it first came out. I liked it, but then again, who doesn't? I can't wait to see the new Midnight Club, looks amazing!

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (Ronnyboy @ Aug 5 2008, 21:49)
I have owned, played, and beaten all Midnight Club's. I even beat it on the PSP, with it's f*cking loading screen's, which would take forever. I was even one of those suckers who bought MC3 DUB Edition: ReMix when it first came out. I liked it, but then again, who doesn't? I can't wait to see the new Midnight Club, looks amazing!

Haha, I know somebody who has MC3 for PSP and the loading screens seemed to be longer than the races. And I haven't seen the new Midnight Club much yet (read some previews) and it looks very nice. I might eventually pick it up when it drops quite a price, otherwise me and my brother already have a prepayment for Project Origin and Saints Row 2. I'm also waiting for Mafia II and APB. I believe I haven't seen any L.A. Noire yet, but I might check into that game too.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

I drink your milkshake

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:04 AM

Midnight Club 3 is the greatest racing game I've ever had the pleasure of playing/owning. Great maps, cars, soundtrack, controls, graphics, etc. Makes me wish my PlayStation 2 didn't crap out.

I'd agree with checking out Midnight Club 3 before this comes out. In a way it's similar to GTA being that you can drive anywhere you want, but then in most other ways it's totally different.

That being said, I'm quite looking forward to it.

jake6
  • jake6

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:34 AM

i own all the midnight club games and i will get this game the day its out. overall i think i like midnight club slightly better than gta.

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:19 AM

LOL it's still a great series that I hid my GTAIV safe key inside the Midnight Club 2 case.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Aug 6 2008, 14:07)

I say 24 new vehicles, 25 new songs, a revamped Tokyo from Midnight Club 2, new races and battle maps, and online play is actually quite an improvement. I mean if the DLC for GTA IV included 24 new vehicles, 25 new songs (extra radio station), a revamped map (a previous city or atleast one borough), and new features I'm sure people would be quite satisfied with the DLC, however I doubt on a new city or borough.

Ah yeah, I couldn't remember as I did buy Remix but I only got to play it once before my Xbox and all games were stolen. So I never got the chance to see all the extra vehicles or music or the revamped Tokyo.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:17 AM

The music, cars and locations from midnight club 2 all contribute to making it my favourite in the series, didn't really get behind midnight club 3, was a little too DUB for me, tried to do a NFS underground.

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Aug 6 2008, 07:00)
QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Aug 6 2008, 14:07)

Ah yeah, I couldn't remember as I did buy Remix but I only got to play it once before my Xbox and all games were stolen. So I never got the chance to see all the extra vehicles or music or the revamped Tokyo.

In Tokyo, the differences I've seemed to noticed is that those grass barriers / foliage have been removed, just being plain grass instead of a barrier, Asakusa [where you race Nikko] looks more like ancient Japan connecting to the Imperial Garden, and there are more passageways and crates in the wharf island. They've also made it easier to jump those huge ramps on the sea shore that only fast cars can go though have been easier to jump by adding an additional platform to the other side, so a D class car can make it without even trying.

addisonpeterson
  • addisonpeterson

P.h.d. in GTA

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (beanmike206 @ Aug 5 2008, 14:54)
because they were sh*t.

midnight club 3 was the best street racing game ever.
pissed all over that excuse EA made.

if its as good as the third one was, im buying it. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

I have to agree to at least 98% of that statement because Yes Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition whooped the sh*t out of any Need For Speed, Forza, or any other car customizing game of all time and the soundtrack was the sh*t. But the racing tracks need to tighten up a bit. But I have to agree it was the best racing game. I mean what racing game would let you spell your name on the back window or customize a liscence plate.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (beanmike206 @ Aug 6 2008, 08:54)
because they were sh*t.

If no one got how completely stupid and contradictory that sentence was.

How the hell can you think they're sh*t w/o playing them? For their time, they were pretty sweet racing games.
But I will agree with you about #3 - that rips every other one of them in half. I prefer it over any NFS game released so far.

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:25 AM

I still own the second game. And let me tell you, it was so much fun. Whether it was with a friend, or just playing by myself in story mode. Brings back some memories. Sadly, I never got the chance to even play MC3, though I highly suggested buying it when it first came out. I just never did for some reason.

The new Midnight Club looks very promising. And I'll be sure to pick it up.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

"The chickens are plotting..."

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [Advice with girlfriends]

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:28 AM

Midnight club 1 was f*cking amazing. I played that game for hours into the night. Probably a little stale in technology though. I don't even remember midnight club 2, though it's probably the same thing. 3 was all DUBBED out yo, but it was decent.

Chadg
  • Chadg

Haters gonna hate

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:58 AM

Midnight Club isn't that bad. I still play 3 on the psp, and it's awesome. Can't wait for LA on the 360 biggrin.gif

coasterdude184
  • coasterdude184

Save a cow, eat a vegetarian

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:52 AM

Midnight Club 2 was awesome, never played Midnight club 1, I think it was et in London, I hope they keep it simple like the first three and don't try o do anything fancy.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

I played Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition. It's a great game. And I don't even play a lot of racing games but I loved this one. I think it's safe for you to buy MCLA

king surfer
  • king surfer

Omni-f*ck

• Members

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

Along with the original SSX, Midnight Club was my first experience of second-gen gaming. f*cking blew my mind. The second one ripped it apart too, Paris is one of the most fun maps I have ever played. Never got into 3, but it looked pretty tight. LA looks awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users