Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:07 AM

Issue#98 has been sent.

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

Want to Advertise in my Sig? PM Me.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

Wow, great issue. icon14.gif
I can't believe this is going to end soon, it was a great part of my Forum life. Thank you so much gamesguru, smile.gif

ska
  • ska

Hemiplegia

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Jay @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 03:42)
You're taking the piss with that GTAC advert. Or they are. Someone is.

It gave me a good laugh, actually.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

Yeah, I wanted to ask why you keep on adverting GTA Chronicles. They're something like a Previous Banned Member forum, who call hate this. But still, since sadly there are only 2 more issues, I don't think it matters anymore.

Great job with this again! icon14.gif

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 13:06)
Yeah, I wanted to ask why you keep on adverting GTA Chronicles. They're something like a Previous Banned Member forum, who call hate this. But still, since sadly there are only 2 more issues, I don't think it matters anymore.

Great job with this again! icon14.gif

No they aren't, there are some member's there who are also here (Like me). We don't hate on GTAF or anything. Even a GTAF staff member (Adler), is a member there. You guys all have the wrong image of GTAChronicles.

Tracksuit Hitman
  • Tracksuit Hitman

I'm feeling Supersonic

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

Just read the latest issue, nice job. It was a good read, as always. icon14.gif I was wondering, are there any spots open for the advertisements on the next issue? If so, let me know. I have an advertisement idea.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Members
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 19:05)
I was wondering, are there any spots open for the advertisements on the next issue?

Unfortunately no. I don't want the last two issues to contain advertisements of any description.

I am currently (and have almost finished) issue #99, and I will most likely forward it to Waddy tomorrow. I don't know when the final issue will be completed as it will contain a lot of content, and it will require research to finish. So it may take me a few weeks, and then again it may not. We will see.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

@Guru Are you sure you want to end this? I shall cry myself to sleep after reading issue #100. You've really helped around the forums with this mate. Wish someone would take it over and keep it going.

Tracksuit Hitman
  • Tracksuit Hitman

I'm feeling Supersonic

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 18:58)
Unfortunately no. I don't want the last two issues to contain advertisements of any description.

I am currently (and have almost finished) issue #99, and I will most likely forward it to Waddy tomorrow. I don't know when the final issue will be completed as it will contain a lot of content, and it will require research to finish. So it may take me a few weeks, and then again it may not. We will see.

Understandable. I was just wondering, it's not that much of a big deal that you're not, was just curious.

That's great to hear! I can't wait to read the next issue, I've enjoyed the ones I've received since I subscribed, and I'm sure it can only get better. I kind of know what you mean with issue #100. I take it by "research" that you're going to add in some information about history of the newsletter and the forum? If so, then that'll be an interesting read, I'm sure.

It's sad to see that this is going down. But, I'm sure that someone will pick up where you left off, hopefully. I enjoy reading the issues.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Members
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

Thank you both for the kind words.
There will most likely be others that will continue on with an alternative, seeing as that topic of discussion has arisen a few times already. I'm assuming people will use this topic to discuss ideas and eventually form a team of writers to create a new newsletter. I have been working on this for over three years, and right now I have to focus on college and my future. The newsletter takes up too much of my time, time that I should be dedicating to more important things. If I wasn't so stubborn I would have more than likely finished this newsletter at around the 70th issue.

So unfortunately I am going to have to part with it.

I take it by "research" that you're going to add in some information about history of the newsletter and the forum?

Perhaps.....

Tracksuit Hitman
  • Tracksuit Hitman

I'm feeling Supersonic

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, well that's a very mature decision to be making. I mean, you don't want to be using time for the newsletter that could be used for a better cause, in this case your whole life. College is something you need to concentrate and dedicate at-least 50%, if not more of your time on. It's the stage in life, which separates the people who fail, from the people who succeed. I'd be happy to help out, if people do decide to carry it on. But, I guess we'll see.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

Damn bro, I really don't want you to finish this. You have a talent, use it to its fullest.

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

I would like to end my subscription even if it's quits after two issues or so, I'm not so much into GTAForums anymore.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Members
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Direct! @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 21:23)
I would like to end my subscription even if it's quits after two issues or so, I'm not so much into GTAForums anymore.

Not a problem. You will be removed from the subscriber's list.

I have finished issue #99, but I will not send it to Waddy as I do not want to rush him. I also want the last issue to breath just a little bit longer. I will most likely forward it to him tomorrow, early afternoon.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

Sent #99

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 15:45)
Sent #99

icon14.gif

Another good issue again. Would it be wrong in getting discussion started on whether or not someone should take this over after guru is finished?

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

raping the trailer for all possible hints

lol.gif
Another great issue, thanks icon14.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Members
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 16:49)
Would it be wrong in getting discussion started on whether or not someone should take this over after guru is finished?

Feel free to do so.

Tracksuit Hitman
  • Tracksuit Hitman

I'm feeling Supersonic

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

Issue #99 was another great issue. Thanks for the great read, once again. The final issue should be a good one, I'm guessing it'll be packed with quite a lot of content, to create an "epic finalé".

Well, seen as though Butters already asked, and Guru said it's okay, lets get some discussion going regarding the next era of the GTAF Newsletter, and who'll be helping out. I was going to wait until the final issue had been produced to begin a discussion off, but, Butters already went ahead. So, why not?

Lets start with asking who's interested. So, who's interested in starting up the GTAF Newsletter once this era's comes to an unfortunate end?

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Even though I just subscribed a few issues ago, the issues that I have read are really great. I get to learn a lot about the activities in the forums, especially since I am mostly active in the DYOM sub-forums only.

Looking forward to the final issue no. 100. I know its going to be epic.

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 19:35)
Issue #99 was another great issue. Thanks for the great read, once again. The final issue should be a good one, I'm guessing it'll be packed with quite a lot of content, to create an "epic finalé".

Well, seen as though Butters already asked, and Guru said it's okay, lets get some discussion going regarding the next era of the GTAF Newsletter, and who'll be helping out. I was going to wait until the final issue had been produced to begin a discussion off, but, Butters already went ahead. So, why not?

Lets start with asking who's interested. So, who's interested in starting up the GTAF Newsletter once this era's comes to an unfortunate end?

I'm interested.
Maybe each one of the interested people can show one of their pieces of writing and then the other members vote for the best people?

Tracksuit Hitman
  • Tracksuit Hitman

I'm feeling Supersonic

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Shayan Shaffey @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 17:08)
I'm interested.
Maybe each one of the interested people can show one of their pieces of writing and then the other members vote for the best people?

Not necessarily. There's several spots that will need to be filled. I'm thinking along the lines of one writer, for each section, but it doesn't have to be that way. However, if there was to be one main writer/author, then I'd agree with you and say that there should be a vote for which person should become the writer. However, I think that the members who show an interest should vote, rather than the whole of the public. My reason is simple, so that the public are given a surprise with the new era, rather than having an idea what the new writer(s) will have in "store".

When I say there's several spots, I don't just mean with the writing side of things, either. I'm thinking that there should be a "chairman". This could be the writer too, but doesn't necessarily have to be. The chairman would be the core of the newsletter, and be the "boss", so to speak. Then there'd be the obvious writer, producer, and what not. But, then I'd say bring another new "spot" in, and allow someone to be the head of the advertisements. With the chairman and advertisements jobs added in, it would be a lot easier to run things.

Myself, Butters 2011 and Shayan Shaffey seem to be interested. I've sent Butters a PM regarding it, when I saw he was the only interested. Now, there's three people. Lets see if any more people are interested. I'm sure once that has been finalized, the people interested can begin discussing. To discuss, I'll make an IRC room. I'll make it later on.

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

I've made an IRC channel. Go on mibbit, Join the GTANET server and then join #GTAFNewsletter.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 17:24)
I'm interested.

Not necessarily. There's several spots that will need to be filled. I'm thinking along the lines of one writer, for each section, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Exactly my idea. Instead of just one person writing the new letter, it should be a couple of people from different sections of the forum. The members who subscribe to this newsletter tend to be the people who have ventured to the other parts of this forum, so it would be good to have a letter that covers the whole forum.

Tracksuit Hitman
  • Tracksuit Hitman

I'm feeling Supersonic

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 17:42)
Exactly my idea. Instead of just one person writing the new letter, it should be a couple of people from different sections of the forum. The members who subscribe to this newsletter tend to be the people who have ventured to the other parts of this forum, so it would be good to have a letter that covers the whole forum.

Indeed, one of the reasons why I think it'd be a good idea. One writer may only focus on one or two parts of the forum. For example, somebody may be able to write a quality section on the forum news, but not on the multiplayer side of the newsletter. Then there may be people who are better with the modification section rather than the sections that cover the forum. So, really it is a good idea, but there could be negative side(s) to the idea.

What do you think about the positions I mentioned?

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 21:12)
QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 17:24)
I'm interested.

Not necessarily. There's several spots that will need to be filled. I'm thinking along the lines of one writer, for each section, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Butters, I hope we can put our differences from before aside so we can work on this newsletter properly. I'm sorry.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Such a brilliant issue once more mate. I'm feeling upset that we'll have only 1 more issue!
It's been good.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

Just want to clear a few things up.

I simply asked if someone was taking the newsletter on after guru finishes his final issue. Until enough members around here decide to help carry it on, then all it is for now is discussion. I'm in no position to say what will happen in any future newsletters, but I appreciate the PM's, Prominent. smile.gif

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:21 AM

Guru Can I ask you not to release issue 100? So that this may live on forever? tounge.gif I think I'll be happy to see it end in such a great milestone and after all these years; however, it is sad to see it end. sad.gif

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

Prominent Fate and I have formed a team, I wonder if this will work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users