Free-Running & Movement Around The City

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic
Gabriel Constantin
  • Gabriel Constantin

Horror Punk Fiend

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:06 PM

I'd like to see an vast improvement in the way your character moves around the urban enviroment in the next Grand Theft Auto. I know this is supposed to be a car game, but I still want to know that I have the option to ustilise these features if I so desire. These features would include the ability to jump, swing, and vault particular objects, allowing you to traverse the city like an urban gymnast almost.

Imagine finishing a mission by being chased by a gang of mobsters across the rooftops of the city only to miss a ledge and land in a dumpster below to begin your car chase to safety!

I'd imagine it'd go something like this.

greebo-man
  • greebo-man

Hello

• Members

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

I do see your point. Most carrjackers and criminals have to be able to run away from confrontations as well. They can't always blast their way out with an AK. biggrin.gif
And I suppose lots are probably quite good at freerunning. You have to have some skills if you dont wanna get caught.
But it might become very fiddly and frustrating on a game. People could get pretty pissed pff and complain that it's not 'true GTA' or some sh*t like that.
Obviously it wouldn't work in stories where you are in Orgainised crime, but if you are in a story where you have to start from right at the bottom, jacking cars, mugging peds and sh*t, It could very well work.

Day29
  • Day29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:07 PM Edited by Day29, 14 August 2008 - 07:10 PM.

This would be a great thing to be implemented into the future games! It wouldn't really have to be a main feature, just something small, vast, with alot of replay value.

BigAmericanTitties
  • BigAmericanTitties

Player lover

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Gabriel Constantin @ Aug 4 2008, 20:06)
These features would include the ability to jump, swing, and vault particular objects, allowing you to traverse the city like an urban gymnast almost.

its called parkour btw, and i think it would be pretty cool to have in a game

Und3r5c0r3
  • Und3r5c0r3

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:43 AM

Or something like this... I inlove.gif rooftop jumping...

Druton
  • Druton

Wait... What?

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

I like that. Escaping police on the rooftops sly.gif

Hart
  • Hart

who are you

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

It would be hard to implement though.

vininfinite
  • vininfinite

NIR Cops & Robbers FTW!

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

Do you know how many times I've died in GTA3 because of a f*cking fence? I do see your point. Maybe not like a gymnast, but still.

08LasVenturas
  • 08LasVenturas

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:52 PM

I'd say that by the next game, players should be able at least to dive, climb anything, and go rooftop to rooftop. In the game after that, Rockstar will implement more, such as rolling, flips in mid-air, etc. This way, the new features will come slowly but surely.

DJDJ
  • DJDJ

Freelance Assassin.

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:14 AM

i've been saying this for years, but yet have rockstar figured this out. i would liek to see a charecter development system where you choose wot area to develop - athleticism, strength by visiting gyms (perhaps no a minigame more a quick skill change) or gun combat (resulting in increased accuracy in guns) or hand to hand combat,
you have to develop each skill by spending "points" on them and you earn thes epoints by doing stuff around the city (kinda like crackdown) so if u sprint all the time, ull eventually get faster and better stamina
more fights u have the stronger u get and new moves you get.

could also apply to cars and driving, and each could lead to an unlock or something (like car customisables, Close combat weapons or advanced guns)

Still free running is a golden idea for a game like GTA. free run aross the docks and the cops would be "wtf" tounge.gif
lets hope rockstar see the ideas on here (they should scout this sight tounge.gif )

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

I'd like to see an element of free-running/PK in V. Nothing major or to the extent of Assassins Creed or Mirrors Edge but just a refinement of what it was like in IV while making it easier to do outside of missions. IV let you shimmy on ledges and make leaps across rooftops but I felt that this was added almost as an after though in a couple of missions.
This would be a good asset if the police AI is to be greatly improved as it would give the player the edge in getting away.

horserider
  • horserider

person killing to find gta5

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (GarrowsKai @ Monday, Aug 27 2012, 18:10)
I'd like to see an element of free-running/PK in V. Nothing major or to the extent of Assassins Creed or Mirrors Edge but just a refinement of what it was like in IV while making it easier to do outside of missions. IV let you shimmy on ledges and make leaps across rooftops but I felt that this was added almost as an after though in a couple of missions.
This would be a good asset if the police AI is to be greatly improved as it would give the player the edge in getting away.

same day 4 years ago!
August 27 2008
August 27 2012
lol.gif

omeromer
  • omeromer

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Und3r5c0r3 @ Friday, Aug 15 2008, 05:43)

Or something like this... I inlove.gif rooftop jumping...

You actually want GTA to be like Mirror's Edge? that's crazy

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

@GarrowsKai
Was bumping a four year old topic really necessary?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users