Photo

Forum for GTA in GBC

3 replies to this topic
rodrigozanatta
  • rodrigozanatta

Rodrigo Zanatta

• Members

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:33 PM

I see that this game exist a litle time ago in this forum. Why donīt open new sub-section for the GTA 1 and 2 for game boy color.

This forum is for all gta, well, there are this 2 that donīt have where to post. I know that this game may be a worst game, but now i am curious about how bad this is... tounge.gif tounge.gif

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

It doesn't really need its own section since there wouldn't be many posts about it. This section could be renamed to "GTA Advance and GTA GBC".

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

Uuuhhh... Because it's the same game? Kinda pointless if you ask me.

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:45 PM

It's not pointless at all. That's like saying San Andreas is the same game whether it's on PC or PS2. They're very different when it comes to gameplay. I will gather that the ultra small screen of a Game Boy Color would feel a lot different to running GTA1 on your PC at 1024x768 with maybe a 19" CRT monitor, then there's the fact that a GB only has two buttons, not counting Start and Select, quite a bit different to your 100-odd keys on your keyboard. Same again for those who have the game on the PlayStation; different resolution, different controls once again; even the cheats are different in all three.

Why is it that only GTA IV, San Andreas, Vice City and GTA III get sub-forums? If you have any other game from the series you have to rummage through totally useless stuff just to find something that is on the same machine as yours. I'm just glad they didn't port III/VC/SA to Mac and Linux - every post would still be stuck in the PC section!

They should maybe create a sub-forum for port-specific items, so no-one has to sift through 200+ generic posts (SA forum for example) just to find one similar post about the PS2 version, only to get flamed by a 'n00b' for bumping a post that's 2 years old! That is starting to get annoying in the Stories forums - almost every post about LCS and VCS is about the bloody PSP versions with only about three percent being PS2 oriented. I know Vice City Stories PS2 might have a Đ2008 in the fine print near the barcode, but I couldn't possibly be the only one on GTAF with this game on PS2!

Missions don't need platform specific entries, but for gaming and technical stuff, there should be a forum for every system, not just PC for example. It would help sort out a hell of a lot of posts buried deep within GTAForums!

In my opinion we don't even need a 'Portable' or 'Old Skool' forum - each forum should just contain each game like GTA III, VC, SA and IV has, with similar sub-forums like:

GTA Vice City Stories (with a generic forum under it like SA and the rest have, topics that fit into sub-forums moved accordingly)
 - General PSP Chat
 - General PS2 Chat
 - Gameplay
 - Missions
 - Cheats & Tricks
 - Troubleshooting

It could easily be done for the others, although GTA 1 probably wouldn't need platform specific items. There still should be a forum dedicated to troubleshooting, gameplay, cheats and stuff though, and maybe a sub-forum for the London mission packs.

Old Skool -> Editing Forum - is this needed here? Maybe there should be a GTA1 and 2 section at the bottom of the Editing Discussion forum, and another in Mod Showroom for completed mods.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users