GTA Trilogy worth buying?

42 replies to this topic
CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Definitely go for it. Those older games more than capable to hold their own. You won't be sorry.

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Dogbreath @ Jul 28 2008, 16:03)
I just finished playing GTA 4 and am pondering buying the Trilogy pack that has GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas. Not sure if I will enjoy them though now after playing 4, especially since I have not played any of the older GTA games before

I don't have any problem with older games and older graphics, I dust off old games all the time for my PC and original XBOX. I just wonder if I will be too busy noticing the the dated graphics and game mechanics to really enjoy the games in the Trilogy. I had a similar problem with Warcraft 2. It was one of my favorite games back in the day and decided to give it another play though after some friends got me into World of Warcraft. I got about 2 or 3 missions into it before I quit. The dated graphics and game play just didn't hold up anymore after I had played Starcraft, Warcraft 3, and WoW.

Anyway, I'm just looking for some opinions from those of you who are familiar with the older GTA games. Do they still hold up after 7 years and GTA 4 or did I miss my window to truly enjoy those games?

Yes do buy them right now they are brilliant games that you must play, you might find them more enjoyable than GTA4 seriously though how could you not play any of the games from the trilogy over the last 9 years no offense but have you been living in a cave or something?

farmer joe
  • farmer joe

John Cheese

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:46 PM

You Should 100% buy theese games they are brilliant. I wouldnt think twice about it.

OG Sunny
  • OG Sunny

I don't want to die without any scars

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:43 AM

Gta 3 was the best gta of all time personally i like the graphics

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

I had all five GTA games on the PS2 since they came out, yet for some strange reason I never had the time or inclination to play them for more than a few minutes at a time...far too complicated I thought.

Then, in the middle of last year I was made redundant, and over the XMas hols I was bored so popped in Vice City. Between then and now, I've completed Vice City, GTAIII, Vice City Stories, Liberty City Stories and have just completed San Andreas. Why had I not played these before, I don't know, but the sense of adventure, fun and nostalgia of the 80s and 90s has had me riveted to the TV set to the point I think I've lost the use of my legs, developed trigger finger in my right hand, and cost me a social life!!!!!

Any other game I play now on the PS2 will seem like utter disappointment. I'll have to connect up the 360 and fire up GTAIV and Episodes from Liberty City now. Not too certain whether they'll have the charm and senseof fun as the first five games. I've heard that they're too "serious"; but it'll be enjoyable to explore the all-new redesigned Liberty City.

Seriously, Rockstar should think about re-releasing the first five games on 360 and PS3 as a bundle for those that haven't delighted in the joys of the adventures of tommy, Claude and company.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

I have got all GTA's on PS2 apart from liberty city stories, which I borrowed & completed the story

I would buy all of them, they are cheap nowadays, all have brilliant stories & people

San Andreas is probs the best as there is sooo much more to do rampage_ani.gif

Trevorwin
  • Trevorwin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

Grand Theft Auto III was and remains very controversial because of its violent and sexual content.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

But teh SA version might have some weird problems because its V2.00 and the audio gets messed up when it rains.

That is NOT the game, per say...It ONLY happens on XP SP3 and more specifically with Realtek HD sound cards. But, if you lower the Sound Accelleration to Basic or None, that is fixed...It does NOT happen on Vista and 7, as those do not have Sound Accelleration(unless you have Windows 7 with Beats Audio-but that is still controlled by Windows?)..This ONLY happens on the HD version of those cards with XP SP3, as I have the Original Realtek on my old XP Home laptop, and this is not a problem...Just a friendly heads up that this is NOT a problem with the game. tounge2.gif

Bad Girls
  • Bad Girls

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

I see quite a lot of people nowadays who obviously played the later Grand Theft Auto games first that claim that GTA3 is basically "sh*t" because it doesn't have as much content as Vice City, San Andreas and IV, so they obviously do not appreciate the nostalgic factor of those who played GTA3 when it came out in 2001 or at least had it as their first GTA game (like me, in 2003 when I was 10 - it formed part of my childhood). Is it dated? Of course it is. The graphics, physics, gameplay, vehicles, environment, AI etc. aren't anywhere near as good as the later installments, but it's still fun to pick up and play. Plus, I think the crap AI of the civilians makes the game even more fun. What's better than to blow up a car under a bridge and make everyone jump off or to 'push' someone in the water and make everyone go drown themselves? tounge.gif

GTA3 will always feel like my natural favourite, but Vice City is a close second. That game also has a great atmosphere - not that I was alive in the 80s but I feel it captures a 1980s essence really well with the amazing soundtrack, Miami setting and how they styled cars from GTA3 to make them look like typical 1980s cars, and of course the storyline.

San Andreas was great, the content was amazing and to this day I still get 'lost' exploring because I never quite learned the map off by heart, but I've always felt the storyline/theme was a massive let down. I never, ever liked CJ, he was rather soft/unbelievable for a GTA character (as is Niko to an extent) and I never liked the whole "black gangsta" thing in it, but it gets better as the game goes on as obviously you work for more people.

I think anybody that's mature enough to play GTA (not necessarily "old" enough) and enjoys sandbox games should have the pleasure of playing the GTA III trilogy. After GTA IV you may not appreciate GTA3/VC that much for the fairly dated content in both games, but if you can get over the graphics, then you'll most likely love GTA San Andreas as there's more to do in that game than IV and the environment is much bigger.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

If I would say, with year wise-1) vice city
2) san andreas
3) 3

Why? because your mind will think that how did catalina came in sa when you killed her in gta 3 and how did ken and kent paul came in vc if they were in sa. it confuse your mind. If i say, i reccomend to play gta 3 last so that ending makes your memories more good of all these games. Afterwards, go to gta4 era, i am starting with gta chinatown wars in ds and i think i will start with gta 5 after the realese, not gonna play gta 4. I can't give the answer why. anyway, why would anyway would again see liberty city after playing gta 3. i myself completed gta 3 10 times. i only have pc and ds. i started playing gta's at the age of 9. biggrin.gif

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Deff worth it, bud! I bought it for my dad for christmas last year and he lovesss it. We always play SA 2 player and all. But also playing GTA 3 for that expierience is good. I started playing it last night (im only at the Bomb Da Base Act ii) but I mean, it is worth the 15-20 bucks it is if its still avalable.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

BUY THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tounge.gif

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

I got it brand new for 16$. Great deal!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users