Change taxi jump back to horn

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic
Merle
  • Merle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

I've been finding it very annoying I can't use the horn anymore in taxis if you got 100% savegame!!!! Anyone who knows how to change the jump back into a horn???

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:05 PM

Can you be a bit more clearer please? I have a 100% save and the horn works fine.

Also, what platform are you on?

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

Never heard you could get a jump to taxis in SA, just nitro in all taxis, but isn't there a jump boost in Vice City?

.... this is what I found:
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Unlockable: Taxi Boost
Once you have dropped off 100 people during Taxi missions in GTA: Vice City, you will unlock Boost, which allows you to jump using the L3 button whenever you're in a taxi.

Is L3 the horn button in PS2 for example?

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (aFinn @ Jul 28 2008, 22:12)
Never heard you could get a jump to taxis in SA, just nitro in all taxis, but isn't there a jump boost in Vice City?

.... this is what I found:
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Unlockable: Taxi Boost
Once you have dropped off 100 people during Taxi missions in GTA: Vice City, you will unlock Boost, which allows you to jump using the L3 button whenever you're in a taxi.

Is L3 the horn button in PS2 for example?

In San Andreas, you get a tiny jump on the taxi after completing the taxi missions, but it's not nearly as powerful as the one in VC - and you can't do much with it.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

Oh I see. Funny that I never heard or read anything about it in relation to SA, I guess it's so small effect that it's not worth mentioning? tounge.gif

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

You can’t ever get the horn back, but there is a glitch that will keep the horn on all the time if you hijack the driver while he’s in the process of honking… once you get into the vehicle, the horn will stay on until you exit the vehicle… it’s actually kind of annoying. I think the glitch only works after you’ve completed 50 fares… I’m not sure.

I think it has something to do with a flag that has been turned on or off (or something like that)… someone who knows more about coding and modding could answer that.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

I believe he means:

He wanted to 'jump' (go back) to the horn while in the taxi.
He says after completing the game 100% the horn button won't work anymore.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Merle @ Jul 28 2008, 09:34)
I've been finding it very annoying I can't use the horn anymore in taxis if you got 100% savegame!!!! Anyone who knows how to change the jump back into a horn???

I think everyone is getting too far off the main question (including myself).

The answer to the original question is ‘No’
The horns in the Taxis and Cabbies will not work with 100% Game Progress, because with 100% Game Progress you have already completed 50 fares, and the horn is replaced with the ‘jump’ feature once 50 fares have been done.

No, you cannot get the horn anymore, only the ‘jump’ feature. There is no way to turn off the ‘jump’ feature… sorry.

Merle
  • Merle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (zmoonchild @ Jul 28 2008, 15:44)
QUOTE (Merle @ Jul 28 2008, 09:34)

I think everyone is getting too far off the main question (including myself).

The answer to the original question is ‘No’
The horns in the Taxis and Cabbies will not work with 100% Game Progress, because with 100% Game Progress you have already completed 50 fares, and the horn is replaced with the ‘jump’ feature once 50 fares have been done.

No, you cannot get the horn anymore, only the ‘jump’ feature. There is no way to turn off the ‘jump’ feature… sorry.

Thx, that is exactly what I ment with my question. So isn't there anyway to change the coding of gta sa so you can horn again nervous.gif , or maybe make a cleo mod or something that brings the horn back on taxis biggrin.gif

opoto51
  • opoto51

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

use original taxi.dff n txd, taxi mod.. no "horn"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users