• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

We can assign one Avatar/Prize already.

user posted image
GHOST 1st Round
Best at ghosting and at surviving. Stats based on least deaths.
*Minimum 5 matches played in Group Stage.

leroy46 - Firefly Brotherhood / Broker
16 deaths in 6 matches - 2.6 x match.

2nd place: BIG-P-92 (FB - Broker) — 14 deaths in 5 matches - 2.8 x match
3rd place_ SCAR-FACE-99 (GstB - Alderney) — 18 deaths in 6 matches - 3 x match

Congrats leroy. icon14.gif
If I'm not wrong you won it also in the previous cup. wink.gif

SCAR.
  • SCAR.

Beatha agus Sláinte

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

Forgot to say Congrats to Broker, fully deserved icon14.gif

I'm available to play Tuesday guys, if thats when we're playing.

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• Members

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

wooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooho.

thnx, i'll have two same tags on the sigs? I tryed to win the cup this time.. this was the only goal..

BIG-P-92
  • BIG-P-92

Broker Turf Terror!

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:52 AM Edited by BIG-P-92, 13 March 2011 - 02:38 AM.

Wow. Second! I'll take that any day.... Aww... No tag? lol Now I'm disappointed tounge.gif

Congrats to Leroy. Very well deserved, without him and his training I would not have done so well!

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

P you'll have a tag also, look for them on first page.. no probs mate, you did great your work, you deserve it.. but i am still the Ghosting Yoda haha.. ph34r.gif
P.S. with a huge headache.. catspider.gif

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (docrikowski @ Jul 27 2008, 22:23)
DTW CUP PRIZES

1) EVERLASTING GLORY!
2) PRIZE AVATARS!

PRIZE AVATARS
Prize Avatars spinning versions available HERE

The above means that no tags will be added to sigs (by me). The tags are avatars. wink.gif
Sorry guys but I ain't got the time to update all sigs, not even to update mine lol.

And no leroy, there's no second place for Ghost 1st Round.
There is for Ghost in the whole Cup. Gold Ghost, Silver Ghost, Bronze Ghost etc...

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

oh, no probs doc, maybe in next months/years, before GTA V comes out icon14.gif lol.gif moto_whistle.gif

Mr_11_Sept_2001
  • Mr_11_Sept_2001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

I play in the last turfwar

i was very surprised by the level...........very bad lol

Brokers played hiding with RPG, only one kill me with submachine gun.........other with RPG...

so i sayed if u r not scared, we can remake this match with standard weapons and u see what is a real turfwar

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:24 PM Edited by CakePicnic, 13 March 2011 - 07:28 PM.

QUOTE (Mr_11_Sept_2001 @ Mar 13 2011, 16:25)

Brokers played hiding with RPG, only one kill me with submachine gun.........other with RPG...

so i sayed if u r not scared,  we can remake this match with standard weapons and u see what is a real turfwar

It was a real turf war. A real turf war is not about being the best shooter, it's about the team working together and using tactics. Such as hiding with an RPG.
Anyway, glad to be a part of the winning team. Only played 2 matches, so major props to my awesome team mates. Well played y'all biggrin.gif

EDIT: But of course being a good shooter helps out as well in TW. I've often taken people out, with assault rifles even thou they had RPGs.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

so i sayed if u r not scared, we can remake this match with standard weapons and u see what is a real turfwar

It wouldn't be the DANGEROUS turf war cup if there were no dangerous weapons ....... D'oh wink.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

So Bohan, what are we going to do with the 3rd place battle? Deejay, boca, Ikkarus, barney you guys alive?

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

Did you sign up in these forums just to make a fool of yourself or do you really want to learn something about a mode we played extensively for the last 3 years?

Welcome to the next level of TW. A mode where you actually need to use your brain to succeed, not just your shooting/aiming skills.

You can't even imagine how much teamwork and experience there's behind what you call hiding.

Anyway I don't think I'm even interested in teaching you anything...

Classy username btw... sarcasm.gif

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

THE DAMNED

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

Well done partners! icon14.gif

even though I play gta almost everyday, this event was really exciting for me.
I never experienced such a nice team work, was great fun!

hopefully the next Dtw won't take that long. Don't let me alone in LC guys... lol.gif

Thanks a lot to those who made it possible, also special thanks to Broker team. cool.gif

Good luck Bohan and Alderney for Bronze match! rampage_ani.gif

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

I havent posted for a while, too ashamed of what happened in that last game... blush.gif

I think Broker won, simply because they worked well as a team and were organised. We simply weren't organised in that last match, I dont have any problems with anyone on our team, but I dont understand why there was barely any communication on mic or in chat.... the exception being Mezgec talking on mic, and REX in chat, what happened to SGM and ChrisD in regards to saying what they were doing, or when I asked "where was.... when he killed you at this turf... I have no idea ? we never had this sort of issue against Alderney or Bohan. ( I personally apologise for turning my mic off, towards end of last match, I did not want you to hear me cursing biggrin.gif ) We missed Dukus too, hopefully next time , will personally have more time to plan and organise, only play this game once a week at the moment, so I barely get chance to practise.

I was pissed off by the amounts of rpgs used , and I did think using a chopper to get on rooftops was a d1rty tactic, but next time with more experience of turf wars I will know better. I had to laugh really at BIG P being on the balcony in Colony, I literally spent an hour trying to jump to it in freemode, came to the conclusion a chopper was definitely used... I think towards the half way point in the second game, our team decided it was too late to make a serious challenge, so just decided to focus on one turf, I tried taking other turfs unsuccessfully, but ended up dying then getting respawned by a rooftop blocked turf with all the others of the team were focused, this was damn annoying.

I'm assuming in the past, DTW cups havent been as smooth, more arguing and disputes?

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:03 AM Edited by leroy46, 14 March 2011 - 10:05 AM.

AJ.. you can get on that balcony also with the bus, me, ex and P found a way in freemode. Mez told me the same thing, no communication at all, strange for a final match.
And on the last game, all on my and Rikos turf, i was in the same flowers of the fist game we played togheter and Riko was smashing around with the RPG.

In the DTW IV my team was great with a member or two doing on their own way (i remember Anti cruising around with the car), we lost 3 games for 50 bucks!!! we were pissed off at the point Twind throw a pad over the room.. lot of complainign about lag, disconnections etc..
Lot of members were DDZN members that are used to TWs to this level..

In all teams in this cup there were no good protections of the turfs, the main goal to gain money (mr. twin towers).

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (leroy46 @ Mar 14 2011, 10:03)
AJ.. you can get on that balcony also with the bus, me, ex and P found a way in freemode. Mez told me the same thing, no communication at all, strange for a final match.
And on the last game, all on my and Rikos turf, i was in the same flowers of the fist game we played togheter and Riko was smashing around with the RPG.

In the DTW IV my team was great with a member or two doing on their own way (i remember Anti cruising around with the car), we lost 3 games for 50 bucks!!! we were pissed off at the point Twind throw a pad over the room.. lot of complainign about lag, disconnections etc..
Lot of members were DDZN members that are used to TWs to this level..

In all teams in this cup there were no good protections of the turfs, the main goal to gain money (mr. twin towers).

didnt try a bus biggrin.gif , did try ambulance though, someone will have to show me, and where the hell are these damn flowes lol.gif

yeah its a pity about the lack of communication in the final games, I felt bad for Mez because we were only people talking a little, then I got so stupidly annoyed.

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

insane crazy, driving ms. daisy

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

What really amazed me in the 2nd game wasn't only the group attack of turfs, I was camping out 15 minutes of the game and only mez tried to gain the turf once. I killed him so I thought he come back but nada.
Also when I took it, it was unguarded. suicidal.gif

3 kills no deaths wasn't because I was cowardly hiding, there just wasn't somebody attacking.

I hate RPG's aswell, but even if someone has one, when I come back I will either have one myself or try to kill in other ways once I know where he is at.

The chopper, well we did use one (which Iwasn't to keen about), but only for 2 turfs where we had alternative ways to get up (big cars or bus) aswell, a chopper was just a quicker option to go there.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

I think we tried to use a chopper (was an initial idea of mine) but then we gave up. I believe Cube went to get one but then he crashed?
As leroy said they used a bus on Colony. I used a car in the South West turf and a car is used also to get to the top of Museum turf.
However the chopper move has been used in past cups in an epic match in Bohan.
The fact is that in a 30m match there's plenty of time for a counter-move as long as the other team works well in the communication part.
In example, when I was blocking the South West turf from the low rooftop, nobody in Algonquin realized that I could have been killed by a few hand grenades. Everybody was shooting rockets at me. Actually one almost got me and left me with no health. biggrin.gif
Anyway it's not hard to figure out that to access the low roof all you need is a car.
As for leroy block, well, it's one of those spots that can be easily found if the hunter focus on looking for the defender with discipline leaving no place unchecked... wink.gif

There has been a lot of rockets in that match, that's true. Personally I always been known for those but lately, due to months of inactivity in IV, it's really the only weapon that can guarantee me survival in a stand off. rampage_ani.gif colgate.gif

You don't wanna know how harsh were the arguments in last cup... Well, if you go back to page 340ish you'll read for yourself... whatsthat.gif

Communication is key. No doubt about that. What surprised me in second match was the fact that we played Algonquin on the same map in group stage and we almost lost it... You seemed way more organized in that one. Well, AJ wasn't there, but Duk, Mez and REX were.

In Super Cup things will go better, I'm sure. wink.gif

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (docrikowski @ Mar 14 2011, 10:26)
I think we tried to use a chopper (was an initial idea of mine) but then we gave up. I believe Cube went to get one but then he crashed?

I went to get the choppa to get on the roofs on Colony, but the roofs were to high up to protect the turf. Then Ex (I think) said something about dropping P on the balcony so I just gave him the heli, in the parking lot in Colony. After that, he flew to a turf and landed on the roof, and I took the turf. That's the turf he protected with only 1 person attacking.

So we did use the choppa for 2 turfs.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

Ok, I wasn't sure if you had made it without the chopper. wink.gif

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

The helicopter definately gave us a big advantage, but as you said. It was a 30min game, lots of time for an counter-attack smile.gif

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

There is no complaints from me, I thought it was a well planned and very welcoming event ! one of the best competitive events I have done on these forums smile.gif

Also it was a great way to meet all you cool PS3 guys, there was some top players in this cup, the 2 stand out players (who personally gave me the hardest time) was definitely FUGA and REX, those guys seemed to know what I was going to do next before I even did !!
There was also some sneaky ass mofo's who I could never find !! Leroy and AJ are the ones that spring to mind !!

Great work Rico, thanks for inviting me and for running this event, I can't wait for the next cup smile.gif

In regards to heli's and RPG's in my opinion thats what makes this cup a dangerous one wink.gif

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

THE DAMNED

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

Cheers Nitty

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

insane crazy, driving ms. daisy

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

I also like the lobby times in this cup, we had way more trouble in previous cups. Except the first meet with Alderney there was none with more than 15 minutes...

Respect to Nitty BTW, for an X-Box player you got used to the controls pretty quick.

And Ice Cube forhelping out in the last 2 matches after missing the sart of it. biggrin.gif
You made our badass roster even more badass... icon14.gif

Also thanks for Fuga for beeing the cabron y'all love to hate. cookie.gif rolleyes.gif lol.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

I suppose we ain't doing the 3rd place match tomorrow...?

SGM690
  • SGM690

The Deucer

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

aj, I apologize for that. Having a bad day, plus what happened, didn't help much. I will say this though, and it's really embarassing. For a good part of the game, I was actually telling you guys where I was. Only problem? My mic was muted. I was thinking to myself: "wow, where are my teammates?" Thinking you guys heard me.

I have no excuse for what happened at the end, I guess I was too overwhelmed there.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Mar 14 2011, 13:54)

Well I hope you guys do it.
If nobody in the teams take care of organizing it, for sure it won't happen, just like in Cup IV.
It's sad though. I always fought for 3rd place when I had to.
It might not mean much but for some player it could be important to win some individual award...

I'll wait till Wednesday night then I'll close the stats with or without that match.

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• Members

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Mar 14 2011, 13:54)

Im up, Andy! wink.gif

Scar I think he said he is up..dunno for anyone else. Too bad that stev wasnt able to type me a msg in 2 days in "ps on" mode..I hope he is ok...

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

Well i know we'll have Tycek and Nitty and AndyGanteks and you guys will have Taso, gta lad and Hodgey, but we both need 2 more and nobody else is replying and interested in playing from the rest it seems. sad.gif

@Doc - Maybe you could if we don't manage to play to just give out a win based on money or some other stats in the end?

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:55 PM Edited by lkkarus, 14 March 2011 - 04:06 PM.

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Mar 14 2011, 14:34)
Well i know we'll have Tycek and Nitty and AndyGanteks and you guys will have Taso, gta lad and Hodgey, but we both need 2 more and nobody else is replying and interested in playing from the rest it seems. sad.gif

@Doc - Maybe you could if we don't manage to play to just give out a win based on money or some other stats in the end?

Sorry about this Bohan and Alderney, I completely forgot and by the time I remembered I thought the match was over and the forums were down suicidal.gif

Anyways thanks to my team for putting up with me, I was complete trash the whole cup (comparing to how well Rich did barf8bd.gif ) and I really did not serve much purpose.

A shame about Bohan's captains not being able to connect, thanks Deej and Rob for trying to play anyways dudes.

Thanks for doing this again Doc, maybe I'll have a chance when V rolls out smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users