Photo

Cartoon Network

53 replies to this topic
Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:10 PM

Did anyone here used to watch Cartoon Network? I used to love that channel, and it had all the best shows on it.

Ed, Edd and Eddy
Dexters Labratory
Batman the Animated Series
Freakazoid
Johnny Bravo
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Tom and Jerry
Tex Avery Cartoons
Looney Tunes
Cartoon Cartoon Fridays
Scooby Doo
The Flintstones
Jetsons
etc.

I used to watch all these great shows during my childhood. Right up to when i was in 3rd/4th grade (2002/2003) everything changed. Now we have Foster's Home, Chowder, Ben10, Anime stuff, Camp Lazlo etc. I will say that some anime shows like Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Trigun and some others were good but even those are taken off now. The only good show on that network is Tom and Jerry which appears from 11:30 - 1:00 where i live.

Whatever happened to the old cartoons from the 30's - 60's? Where's Bugs Bunny and Droopy? Where's Batman? Thank god for Youtube because that's the only hope we have to view these wonderful old cartoons. The same goes for Nickelodeon. I used to watch Hey Arnold all the time.

I feel so bad for the newer generation of kids because they have to view crappy cartoons. Anybody else feel the same?

EDIT: I hear Boomerang is good for those who still like this stuff but not every show i listed is on there.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:24 PM

Camp Lazlo, my gym partner's a monkey or something. Some kid and his imaginary friends. They're all played a little younger than the demographic of say, Cow and Chicken, etc... Or maybe we're all growing up.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

Believe it or not, you're not their core audience. If you want those shows, go watch Noggin (they usually have Batman, Superman, and Ironman aired in a row). Some of those shows you miss were sweet, but series end, and new shows replace them. Plus, Foster's is great show, even if most of the others on the air right now suck.

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Jul 26 2008, 18:06)
Foster's is great show, even if most of the others on the air right now suck.

I'll have to agree with you on that one there. Got my girlfriend into it and are buying the seasons that are out.

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:20 AM

It has been turned into sh*t from the past couple of years.

Cartoon Network used to be the sh*t. I enjoyed watching some of the shows. Like DBZ, Eds', Courage, Scooby, and the majority of the shows you listed.

Doink
  • Doink

:O

• The Precinct

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:23 AM

I actually like Chowder, as well as Foster's. Don't really watch anything else though.

Courage the Cowardly dog still comes on in the early evening biggrin.gif .

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:46 AM

Yeah but all the cartoons from the 30's - 60's aren't on that channel anymore. Boomerang usually airs that stuff but even they don't have everything. The only time i can watch Boomerang is if i'm on an airplane that has a TV blush.gif

Pandar
  • Pandar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:14 AM

I remember 6th grade, 97? Space ghost coast2coast, sigh.gif
f*ck yeah!

hick
  • hick

Does anyone remember panda pops?

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:20 AM

Yeah cartoon network used to be great, awsome memories, i bought batman TAS on dvd i still enjoy the episodes to this day now it's sh*t like everything nowdays dozingoff.gif ... speaking of batman on the video above me the blue dude looks like Heath Ledgers Joker at 2:17 tounge.gif

HawaiianHardHitter
  • HawaiianHardHitter

Deviant

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:07 AM

I too miss the golden age of Cartoonetwork. Now, it's gone downhill and they air live-action stuff! For a channel that has a name like "Cartoonetwork" I would never imagine it to aire live-action shows and movies. I think all they need to do is just drop all that live-action crap all together, and continue bringing in some good, quality cartoons. Chowder, Foster's, and Camp Lazlo(but they hardly show it now since it's cancellation) are pretty much the only shows I watch on it.(Along with the Courage reruns) I have Boomerang, and it's cool. They show Dexter, Johnny Bravo and Cow & Chicken. They air old 60's shows like Flintstones, Jetsons, Yogi etc. Even some good, old MGM cartoons. Sadly, they don't show any Looney Tunes though.

Rick88
  • Rick88

"Who is Atlas?"...

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

Those were the good old days. I recall there was even a short moment when they used to air Animaniacs and Tiny Toons on Sundays. Good times. >_>

Emotion98.3
  • Emotion98.3

Rawr

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

I loved Hey Arnold biggrin.gif

THE FOOTBALL HEAD

tounge.gif His Grandpa was really funny. so was his grandma. Wasn't His parents like jungle exploring people, then they died. sad.gif

-Emotion98.3

Jesus'En'Hitler420
  • Jesus'En'Hitler420

Suck on that missle cock

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:23 AM

So true, I remember the show with Space Ghost, Zorak, and Brak together. That show was the sh*t.

"I'm drivin down highway 40 in my big old pickup truck." Brak's songs were hilarious.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:44 AM

Boomerang has most of those old shows. Once they had The Mask all day. All I did that day is watched Boomerang smile.gif

vicenzo312
  • vicenzo312

We live Together, We die Together

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:17 PM

Well, regarding Mach Girl on Cartoon Network of Japan, it'll start September 13th, 2008 and run from 4:00AM (?!) to 5:00AM. A re-airing will follow September 15th at 1:00AM - 2:00AM. A bit later than originally planned from the July air date...

Jeez, this is airing very late, or early in the morning, depending on how you want to look at it. There has to be a reason why though... Content problems...? Timeslot issues...?

At any rate, it looks like two episodes air each week. I guess that episode online was a simple pilot. (There was a lot of the fact the website lists Opening animation staff, and that episode lacks it... So obviously...) Which means each episode will probably be 24 minutes long.

Spartacus
  • Spartacus

We always work alone.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:23 AM

Am I the only one who used to watch Doug? blush.gif

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:33 AM

No, I remember all the great hits on Nick. Doug, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko, Rugrats...and many other cartoons and several live-action.

It is funny, I suppose I grew up in the "golden" age of Saturday morning cartoons...so many of the Networks had line-ups but now only Fox does, at least I believe...it might be a different channel. Personally, I feel sorry for children these days, more sex on tv and less good, wholesome cartoons.

Anyways, in regard to CN, they have faltered. I remember back whenever their late afternoon run of DBZ, Gundam and others started up. Also, Cowboy Bebop is like the best animated show to me...besides Batman: TAS.

Superfly.
  • Superfly.

Donkey Smash

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Ronmar The Only @ Aug 11 2008, 21:33)
Anyways, in regard to CN, they have faltered. I remember back whenever their late afternoon run of DBZ, Gundam and others started up. Also, Cowboy Bebop is like the best animated show to me...besides Batman: TAS.

Have you seen Death Note? That show isn't too bad.

But I remember the old days of Cartoon Network. June Bugs, which was like two days of Bugs Bunny cartoons, became an annual tradition.

Reincarnated
  • Reincarnated

feels good man

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:44 AM

The cartoons in the 90s were the sh*t /thread

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:45 AM

I only watch Cartoon Network for Adult Swim which has the only real quality shows they aire. Venture Brothers is class, as well as most of the saturday night anime, though it seems as though they've cancelled Death Note but brought back Cowboy Bebop.

EricDraven_GTACrow
  • EricDraven_GTACrow

Jesus Christ Poltergeist

• Members

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Aug 12 2008, 01:45)
I only watch Cartoon Network for Adult Swim which has the only real quality shows they aire. Venture Brothers is class, as well as most of the saturday night anime, though it seems as though they've cancelled Death Note but brought back Cowboy Bebop.

Cowboy Bebop > Death Note.
I don't have cable ATM but I remember the good old days of CN. Other than Adult Swim I can't stand anything on that channel.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:32 AM

I remember watching Ed, Edd, and Eddie all the time, along with the occasional Flinstone's every Friday. Who was it that aired "Two Angry Beavers"? That show, I used to watch all the time. F*cking loved Two Angry Beavers and the show "CatDog", those were the good old days.

EricDraven_GTACrow
  • EricDraven_GTACrow

Jesus Christ Poltergeist

• Members

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (Ronnyboy @ Aug 21 2008, 07:32)
I remember watching Ed, Edd, and Eddie all the time, along with the occasional Flinstone's every Friday. Who was it that aired "Two Angry Beavers"? That show, I used to watch all the time. F*cking loved Two Angry Beavers and the show "CatDog", those were the good old days.

That was Nickolodeon and last time i had cable I watched them on the NickToons channel. So I'm guessing they're still on there

mark3boyz
  • mark3boyz

Airman Howland

• Members

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

Cartoon Network was once great. All the shows you mentioned plus that one cartoon that was like the cartoon olympics....

Now Cartoon Network sucks. I even hate Adult Swim. With a passion.

The Phantom Menace
  • The Phantom Menace

Man of Mystery

• Members

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

Cartoon Network was great in the 90's. In fact, it's pretty much all I watched when I was younger when I got home from school. The crap they put on now though is beyond belief; the kids these days don't know what they have missed. Surely they could put some of the old cartoons on, I'd of thought they'd still have access to them.

Judai
  • Judai

Brothers for Life, Lost for Ever !!!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:30 PM

yeah i too used to watch them,i liked the shows
KND,fosters,the eds,robot boy,megas and lots of more...i didnt use to watch this channel when my parents changed the television to the cable(cn was on the antena).But now i watch animax.

Yatesyz
  • Yatesyz

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

I used to watch that channel when I was younger, Ed, Edd and Eddy was great.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

Johnny Bravo > All.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:21 PM

i miss the days of cartoon network, when they had "Land of the rising sun" it was pre toonami, and pre adult swim - whenever the channel first started they would play old animes like gatchaman, mobile suit gundam, and sailor moon at 11pm CST.

loczek47
  • loczek47

They call me "Random Funny Guy".

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

Well , Im 16 years old , but still love to watch Johny Bravo lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users