• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic
Dannepihls
  • Dannepihls

Dannepihls

• Members

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

Hello,

My user tracks doesn't play in the game when I'm turning on "User tracks". I don't know why because I have scanned them and I have tested to have autoscan on and off but it doesn't work either. I've tried to put copies of the songs i the "User tracks" folder instead of shortcuts to them but that doesn't work either, what should I do? Also, it worked when I had version 2 of the game but in version one it doesn't work.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:20 PM

Are those mp3 files? If yes, then try converting them to either wav or ogg format.

Dannepihls
  • Dannepihls

Dannepihls

• Members

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jul 26 2008, 18:20)
Are those mp3 files? If yes, then try converting them to either wav or ogg format.

will test that then, thanks smile.gif

artoorew
  • artoorew

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:51 AM

Try renaming the files in the User Tracks folder. This helped me.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

Do the files have a long name? If so, try making them short. I had a problem where they wouldn't play too even after scanning, because the file name was too long.

artoorew
  • artoorew

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (gtamodder @ Jul 27 2008, 11:35)
Do the files have a long name? If so, try making them short. I had a problem where they wouldn't play too even after scanning, because the file name was too long.

Yeah, that was the point in my earlier post. Thanks for making it clear, gtamodder smile.gif .

Dannepihls
  • Dannepihls

Dannepihls

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

Well the average amount of characters in my songs are 10, is that considered as a long name? what is the limit ?
Well I guess I'll just have to check it out , thanks smile.gif

artoorew
  • artoorew

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Dannepihls @ Jul 27 2008, 12:53)
Well the average amount of characters in my songs are 10, is that considered as a long name? what is the limit ?

Well, I have put 50 Cent and The Game - Hate it or Love it. And it works, so I guess it's something to do with specific symbols in the track's name. Try removing (, ), _ symbols.

Dannepihls
  • Dannepihls

Dannepihls

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (artoorew @ Jul 27 2008, 10:00)
Well, I have put 50 Cent and The Game - Hate it or Love it. And it works, so I guess it's something to do with specific symbols in the track's name. Try removing (, ), _ symbols.

I've tried to rename the songs to just 3 different characters like "one", "two" etc, that didn't work, different numbers as names didn't work either. Although these songs I have in the user tracks are shortcuts to the real songs in "my music" in my documents.

loveatif24x7x12x365
  • loveatif24x7x12x365

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

Copy the original song n not the shortcuts! i guess this time it will work!

Dannepihls
  • Dannepihls

Dannepihls

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (loveatif24x7x12x365 @ Jul 27 2008, 11:30)
Copy the original song n not the shortcuts! i guess this time it will work!

Well I have been thinking that too, in fact that did work when I had version 2, but this time, that won't work either sad.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

Didn't converting the files to either wav or ogg format work?

Dannepihls
  • Dannepihls

Dannepihls

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jul 27 2008, 14:03)
Didn't converting the files to either wav or ogg format work?

Unfortunately not, none of those formats worked either sad.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (from Readme)
3) USER RADIO STATIONS

User Radio Files

GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas can support the playback of the users own audio files. By default the game ships with support for Windows Wave files (WAV) and Ogg Vorbis (OGG) files. Additionally, with the correct CODECS installed to your computer, you can playback MP3, WMA, M4A, etc. To facilitate playback of these formats you can -

Install the latest Apple QuickTime Player
  or
  Install Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 OR 10
  or
  Install a combined CODEC package

Dannepihls
  • Dannepihls

Dannepihls

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jul 27 2008, 14:31)
QUOTE (from Readme)
3) USER RADIO STATIONS

User Radio Files

GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas can support the playback of the users own audio files. By default the game ships with support for Windows Wave files (WAV) and Ogg Vorbis (OGG) files. Additionally, with the correct CODECS installed to your computer, you can playback MP3, WMA, M4A, etc. To facilitate playback of these formats you can -

Install the latest Apple QuickTime Player
  or
  Install Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 OR 10
  or
  Install a combined CODEC package

Well , I already have windows media player version 11 sad.gif
I don't understand why it doesn't work, it worked with ordinary mp3.files when I had version 2 of the game !

But thanks for your helping efforts , appreciated to say the least, because I really want this to workout !

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:35 PM

How about installing a codec pack? Here's the one I use: K-Lite Mega Codec pack
You can even try other formats then.

Also, I remember, some time back, someone on the forums mentioned that he got the User Tracks to work by disabling his modem. I'm not sure about this, but if you have a modem, you can give it a shot.

Also, try deleting the sa-ufiles.dat and sa-utrax.dat files from the User Files folder and re-scan the user tracks.

Dannepihls
  • Dannepihls

Dannepihls

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jul 27 2008, 17:35)
Also, try deleting the sa-ufiles.dat and sa-utrax.dat files from the User Files folder and re-scan the user tracks.

haven't got any of those whatsthat.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Dannepihls @ Jul 27 2008, 23:38)
QUOTE (girishb @ Jul 27 2008, 17:35)

haven't got any of those whatsthat.gif

That is not normal. Those files are generated the moment you scan the User Tracks from the Audio options.

Run the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode and scan the tracks again.

If it's still not working, I suggest reinstalling the game and deleting the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:57 AM Edited by radioman, 28 July 2008 - 09:59 AM.

Try using shortcuts to the song files, that is the only way I am able to get the songs to play in game. Also, make sure the auto scan option is set to ON, so you don't have to manually scan everytime you add a song. I have almost 200 songs in my User Tracks Player (all shortcuts btw), and they all work perfectly.

Also try installing I-tunes/Quick Time player (both get installed together), Quick Time player can be found here. and see if that helps. The only two players I have are I-tunes/Quicktime and WMP 11, and have not had any problems with the player not working. Hope this helps.

Dannepihls
  • Dannepihls

Dannepihls

• Members

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:06 PM Edited by Dannepihls, 31 July 2008 - 07:09 PM.

QUOTE (radioman @ Jul 28 2008, 09:57)

Also try installing I-tunes/Quick Time player (both get installed together), Quick Time player can be found here. and see if that helps. The only two players I have are I-tunes/Quicktime and WMP 11, and have not had any problems with the player not working. Hope this helps.

Got them all unfortunately sad.gif , but thanks for letting me know what autoscan did, have always wondered

Dannepihls
  • Dannepihls

Dannepihls

• Members

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jul 27 2008, 19:18)

If it's still not working, I suggest reinstalling the game and deleting the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder.

Alright, I'll try to reinstall the game again, just so you know I'm playing with a cd crack (included with downgrader patch) could that cause the problems perhaps? Also I found out that I had the sa-utrax.dat and sa-ufiles.dat files, but they were located in The game's folder and not my user folder.

I was also wondering what exactly the sa_sa.set file does

thanks in advance

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (Dannepihls @ Aug 1 2008, 05:03)
QUOTE (girishb @ Jul 27 2008, 19:18)

Alright, I'll try to reinstall the game again, just so you know I'm playing with a cd crack (included with downgrader patch) could that cause the problems perhaps? Also I found out that I had the sa-utrax.dat and sa-ufiles.dat files, but they were located in The game's folder and not my user folder.

Wait a minute. Where did you say those files are located? Before reinstalling, just try copying the songs to the folder where the sa-utrx.dat and sa-ufiles.dat are located and then re-scan the tracks and see if they work.

QUOTE (Dannepihls @ Aug 1 2008, 05:03)
I was also wondering what exactly the sa_sa.set file does

It stores the current settings for your game. IF you delete it, it'll be re-generated the next time you start the game with default settings.

jonay1997
  • jonay1997

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (artoorew @ Sunday, Jul 27 2008, 10:00)
QUOTE (Dannepihls @ Jul 27 2008, 12:53)

COOL i put that song too!!!! XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users