Photo

GTA 4 game of the year.

364 replies to this topic
johnnyk1
  • johnnyk1

Johnny kazuki

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:47 AM

R* didn`t bribe the reviewers with money up front they bribed them with a flight to NYC,hotel suites,food,playing Gta all night.

these are things jordan said.

Read this and you`ll see that the reviewers were bribed and whats funny he hardly ever talked about Gta he mostly talked about his room service.

http://planetgrandth...s.Detail&id=126

wayninja
  • wayninja

Do gooder

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:47 AM Edited by wayninja, 29 July 2008 - 02:51 AM.

QUOTE (.Up&Coming. @ Jul 29 2008, 02:42)
Why would I want to know how many people love and hate it?
You haven't been on these forums as long, (you might have viewed before signing up, I don't know), but most topics and most posts I see from him are bad things about GTA IV. Edit: Nevermind, you signed up before him. My bad.

It's just annoying. If you can't say something good about a game on a forum dedicated to the series, then why post at all?

Well, I assume you'd want to know because you claimed that the majority love it. So having the numbers would prove your statement.

I'm not sure who came up with the whole "if you can't say something nice" idiom, but that's just silly. He's just as entitled to whine as you are whine about his whining...

If you take him at his word and given the benefit of the doubt, I'm not sure why you wouldn't, his motivation is the purity of the series. He seems to genuinely care about GTA as a whole and want to see each game live up to his ideal.

If you disagree with his methods or question his devotion, so be it, but no one should be confused as to his motivation...

Southside Dukes Ballas
  • Southside Dukes Ballas

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (johnnyk @ Jul 29 2008, 02:47)
R* didn`t bribe the reviewers with money up front they bribed them with a flight to NYC,hotel suites,food,playing Gta all night.

Read this and you`ll see that the reviewers were bribed and whats funny he hardly ever talked about Gta he mostly talked about his room service.

I'd give IV an 11 for that kind of treatment.

Jaytow
  • Jaytow

Lance Vance Dancer

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (ledzepp18 @ Jul 26 2008, 05:48)
I really think it should win game of the year. confused.gif Look how many copies it sold and how many people enjoyed it. You people are honestley gonna sit there and tell me mgs4 is gonna win? notify.gif Mgs4 is a good game but nothing like gta4. Rockstar is deserving of the award. I want to know something from you people. Which game do you enjoy playing whith buds or without them. Gta4 or mgs4. I'll take gta4 in a heartbeat because i have freinds stay over for all night gta fests. My rant is done sneaky2.gif mad.gif

How many copies of gta were sold is irrelivant. That doesnt make it a good game it just means that people loved the other gtas and assumed that this one would be as good. I personally know about 20 friends who have been playing since GTA 1 and only one of them was satisfied with gta IV. I am not a IV basher although im sure I'll get these gay fanbois saying "I luvs gta f*ck u u r ga" but be honest with yourself for a minute this game wasnt upto par with the brilliant III Vice city or sanandreas games.. Just be honest, this is like star wars episode I, it has fansy effects and by its self it wouldnt be bad but it has too much to live upto and it's not good enough to do so.

The people who decide the game of the year.. will be people like me who have played Mgs from 1-4 and all the side game, for those saying Mgs4 doesnt deserve it.. you obviously havent played all the games, the story is amazing (although i must say if you havent played the others it will be hard to follow).. The gameplay is just fantasitc.. the graphics are even better than GTA IVs graphics (which IN MY OPPINION WHICH I AM ENTITLED TO were the only good thing about the game) and the voice acting is absolutly untouched in the world of videogames (except maybe by tommyv by ray liotta biggrin.gif ).

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (.Up&Coming. @ Jul 29 2008, 02:42)
Why would I want to know how many people love and hate it?
You haven't been on these forums as long, (you might have viewed before signing up, I don't know), but most topics and most posts I see from him are bad things about GTA IV. Edit: Nevermind, you signed up before him. My bad.

It's just annoying. If you can't say something good about a game on a forum dedicated to the series, then why post at all?

If people say only good things about something how the hell is anything supposed to get better?

QUOTE (Jaytow @ Jul 29 2008, 08:51)
the graphics are even better than GTA IVs graphics (which IN MY OPPINION WHICH I AM ENTITLED TO were the only good thing about the game)

IMO MGS4 graphics is definitely better the GTA IV graphics, but you need to consider one thing - MGS4 loads each chapter for five minutes or so. Imagine a GTA where you would need to load for a couple of minutes each few minutes of gameplay?

IMO GTA was never about graphics. Up to now, that is.

.Up&Coming.
  • .Up&Coming.

PanzIV

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

PEOPLE, LISTEN TO ME!
I never said he should say only good things. OH MY GOD. I said, he shouldn't bash the game constantly and go about trolling threads saying how bad the game is!

Can you guys read or not? I'm just saying this, and you know I'm right. So, stop trying to come at me with lame excuses. I'm done with this thread. You guys can't seem to comprehend the mind of a female, I guess. confused.gif

"If you can't say something good about the game, then why say anything at all," is a perfect statement. If you only say bad things, people won't respect you. Even if you only say good, people will think you're a fanboy.
He has to like something about the game, and I don't see why he can't write that out instead of just bashing the game to bits. It's a great game, and you guys know that. It's why you're posting in the GTA IV section, isn't it?

(Don't even try to use what I said against me. I've definitely said bad things about this game as well as good.)

johnnyk1
  • johnnyk1

Johnny kazuki

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Southside Dukes Ballas @ Jul 29 2008, 03:41)

So would i.

notgtajerk
  • notgtajerk

PLAY MORE HEAVENLY SWORD

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

that story just makes me wanna pee on all my r* memorabeeeeelia

JamalG
  • JamalG

King Jamal

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

it should... the hype has died down for me but i still think its the g.o.a.t. game...

Horatio Humboldt
  • Horatio Humboldt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

Just be honest, this is like star wars episode I

That's fighting talk! I love Star Wars but hated episode 1. The only thing is, I didn't hit the Episode 1 forums and make 15 threads saying how crap it was. GTA4 is not like episode 1 at all, it had good characterisation and a decent script for one, plus there was not one sighting of Jar Jar Binks. (Waits for the Jar Jar Binks spotted in Algonquin threads).

johnnyk1
  • johnnyk1

Johnny kazuki

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:30 PM

But films are very diffrent to video games.

or atleast i thought that untill R* had ago of it.

Horatio Humboldt
  • Horatio Humboldt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

Oh come on Johnny, MGS is much more like a movie than IV but they were still great games.

SanMadrid
  • SanMadrid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:57 PM

That wouldn't bribe me. I would've the game a honest review. An if you cant see why this game isn't deserving of a score between 9-10 then god help you.

wayninja
  • wayninja

Do gooder

• Members

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:55 AM

God help me, I think it's an 8.5.

But at least God only needs to help me a little...

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:58 AM

Forgive him lord, for he knows not what he does

Horatio Humboldt
  • Horatio Humboldt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:33 AM Edited by Horatio Humboldt, 30 July 2008 - 12:18 PM.

And thus the truthsayers tooketh Ninja and said lo, listen not to false deceivers for there lies gtaaddict who is also known in some tongues as Johnny but look towards Algonquin and forgive us our jetpacks as we forgive those who jetpack against us and deliver us from Saints Row, for ever and ever, Rockstar.

Danhex
  • Danhex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:48 AM

i would wonder why it wouldnt TBH, never thought a game deserved it more then when this game came out, if you didnt say wow to yourself, holy sh*t, this game is insane when you bought the game, then something is wrong with you, but yeh most def

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (johnnyk @ Jul 29 2008, 16:07)
QUOTE (Southside Dukes Ballas @ Jul 29 2008, 03:41)

So would i.

That's a conspiracy theory regardless.... all reviews conducted under R* style security have to be tight, they have to be undercover of night. Everyone wanted to spill the beans on the game, and yet...you had NO REAL idea what you got in the end, so it all worked! colgate.gif

johnnyk1
  • johnnyk1

Johnny kazuki

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:29 PM

Reviewers WERE bribed.

end rant.

ak-4seven
  • ak-4seven

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:56 PM

Whoever thinks MGS4 deserves GOTY award is a f*ckin c*nt

-JeZiFiCaTiOn-
  • -JeZiFiCaTiOn-

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

Why the f*ck do all these people think Rockstar bribed reviewers?

''OMGZ GTA4 WAZ TOTALLY NOTZ SAN ANDREAZZZ ITZ DEFO NT 10/10 BR1BE BRIB3 BRIBE!!!111!!!''

Rockstar would not do this...it would put the whole company at stake because all it takes is one little individual that has evidence to just spit it out and make himself famous and be known as the man who revealed Rockstars mischief. Seriously the game is a very good game but some people slate it because they arent taken by the hand and led through the game step by step. If you wander around and actually use your brain you can make your own fun. I notice the only people really complaining arent even of legal age to play this game, go play Spyro or some sh*t kiddies.

Mega Gay sh*t 4 will not win game of the year because the Xbox community is so much larger than the Playstation community and I don't see people actually voting for it. The game itself is f*cking boring anyways.

GTA 4 = GOTY

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (-JeZiFiCaTiOn- @ Jul 30 2008, 21:59)
I notice the only people really complaining arent even of legal age to play this game, ......

...... Mega Gay sh*t 4 will not win game of the year

You don't see any kind of hypocrisy there?

notgtajerk
  • notgtajerk

PLAY MORE HEAVENLY SWORD

• Members

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:05 PM Edited by notgtajerk, 30 July 2008 - 10:09 PM.

did you read the story that was linked earlier? cuz thats one of the main contributors to the "OMG ROCKSTAR WAS TEH BRIBEDZORRZZZ" thing. and i think its a justified complaint imo.

the news story of teh bribe

independent developers would just not have been able to treat their reviewers to anywhere close to how these guys were treated. seriously there should be a standard on these types of things.

johnnyk1
  • johnnyk1

Johnny kazuki

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:24 PM

''OMGZ GTA4 WAZ TOTALLY NOTZ SAN ANDREAZZZ ITZ DEFO NT 10/10 BR1BE BRIB3 BRIBE!!!111!!!''

Rockstar would not do this...it would put the whole company at stake because all it takes is one little individual that has evidence to just spit it out and make himself famous and be known as the man who revealed Rockstars mischief. Seriously the game is a very good game but some people slate it because they arent taken by the hand and led through the game step by step. If you wander around and actually use your brain you can make your own fun. I notice the only people really complaining arent even of legal age to play this game, go play Spyro or some sh*t kiddies.

Mega Gay sh*t 4 will not win game of the year because the Xbox community is so much larger than the Playstation community and I don't see people actually voting for it. The game itself is f*cking boring anyways.

GTA 4 = GOTY

Did you even read what a posted you moron?

THEY WERE BRIBED,they hardly ever talked about Gta 4 in that,they mostly talked about what food they orderd from room service in their $7:500 a night hotel room.

ALL PAID FOR BY R*.now will you fanbois get that in your head.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (-JeZiFiCaTiOn- @ Jul 30 2008, 23:59)

GTA 4 = GOTY

Just like always, fanboys excuse is: "OMGZZZ GTA4 WAZZ SUCKKK, SAN ANREZZZZZ IZ DA BEEST!"

Why the hell is mentioning something like this in quotes your excuse to take down the one's who don't like GTA4 and argue against you?

johnnyk1
  • johnnyk1

Johnny kazuki

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:29 PM

This is a quote of a comment from that artical which i agree with.

Posted by tspat99 at 2008-05-22 15:12:28
Hmmmmmmmmm....and i suppose after being wined and dined you were still able to give an honest review?
Had i sat in a penthouse with a $200 glass of wine in one hand, ps3 controller in the other and a cute blode sucking my Johnson I'd give an 11/10 also.
But i didn't so i give it a 9.

-JeZiFiCaTiOn-
  • -JeZiFiCaTiOn-

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (johnnyk @ Jul 30 2008, 22:24)

GTA 4 = GOTY

Did you even read what a posted you moron?

THEY WERE BRIBED,they hardly ever talked about Gta 4 in that,they mostly talked about what food they orderd from room service in their $7:500 a night hotel room.

ALL PAID FOR BY R*.now will you fanbois get that in your head.

So what Rockstar treat the reviewers well. Who cares.

Until you have 100% proof or I see on the television that it's CONFIRMED that Rockstar bribed reviewers than I will not believe it. Innocent until proven guilty.

And i'm a fanboy? Of what? GTA4? Yes, i'm on a GTA forums and I post in the GTA4 section. If I wasn't a FAN boy of GTA I wouldn't be on these forums infact I wouldn't play the game.

What I don't understand is why all the anti-GTA4 fa**ots are still on a GTA forums? If they are still on the forums they must still be playing the game and loving it deep down but have sh*tty lives so vent their anger about a game. If your not playing the game but remain on the forums to just bitch and cry about it then you must have completely no life. Nobody is forcing you to play it, GTFO.

Btw I don't really care THAT much about Rockstars apparent bribe, if they did they did and if they didn't they didn't. It doesn't affect me or my life and their game is in my house and I play on it. I bet if you heard that Mega Gay sh*t 4 creators bribed game reviewers you wouldn't care.

Leave the media to the game reviewers and game creators. Are job is to play the game so shut the f*ck up and get to the Saints Row forums you f*cking FAN boy.

-JeZiFiCaTiOn-
  • -JeZiFiCaTiOn-

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jul 30 2008, 22:27)
QUOTE (-JeZiFiCaTiOn- @ Jul 30 2008, 23:59)

GTA 4 = GOTY

Just like always, fanboys excuse is: "OMGZZZ GTA4 WAZZ SUCKKK, SAN ANREZZZZZ IZ DA BEEST!"

Why the hell is mentioning something like this in quotes your excuse to take down the one's who don't like GTA4 and argue against you?

Then why the f*ck are the people of dislike GTA4 on a f*cking GTA forums?

Jesus christ i've been reading through these forums alot and if you disagree with something somebody is going to call your a 'fan boy'. Oh wow fan boy thats such an insult I mean im so f*cking hurt somebody called me a fan boy for enjoying a game.

It's all down to personal opinion and the game keeps me going and I really enjoy it so don't call me a fan boy for enjoying and defending something that gives me joy. fa**ots.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:34 PM

If you referred to me in your post. FYI, I'm not anti-GTA4, I have barely played it to give a well opinion.
All I really come here for is because I'm tired of GTA4 fans (better term?) coming and trying to prove the one their argue against wrong by using a quote like "ZOMGGZZZZ ZAN ANZDREAZZ IZ BEEZZT GTA IV IZZ SUCCKKKXZZZ".

Horatio Humboldt
  • Horatio Humboldt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:37 PM

Yeah Johnny that could explain the good PREVIEWS but not the good REVIEWS. By the time the bulk of the reviews were published (and a lot were not invited to NY) what had any reviewer got to lose by scoring as they saw fit? The A list treatment was over by then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users