Photo

GTA SA Alien city 0.3 install/problem

12 replies to this topic
Besi
  • Besi

BesY

• Members

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

I downloaded the map mod Alien City 0.3 (not full version) , and i install it exactly like the instructions that are in the readme , but still it crashes in the game loading,
i have no idea what the problem is , can anybody thats already installed this mod or in any way knows how can i install it properly , plz let me know . .. THNX smile.gif
My version of gta sa is 1.0 (just incase) .................

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Besi @ Jul 22 2008, 11:03)
I downloaded the map mod Alien City 0.3 (not full version) , and i install it exactly like the instructions that are in the readme , but still it crashes in the game loading,
i have no idea what the problem is , can anybody thats already installed this mod or in any way knows how can i install it properly , plz let me know . .. THNX smile.gif
My version of gta sa is 1.0 (just incase) .................

Did you backup gta_int.img then put it back after installing alien city?

Besi
  • Besi

BesY

• Members

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

Yes , i did that too , im tellin you exactly like in the readme , i have no idea what the problem is , maybe you can tell me how you installed it step by step , cuz definitly im doing something wrong and i dont know what it is !! dozingoff.gif

Superpowermind
  • Superpowermind

Kill the King

• Members

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

Re-install your Gta Sa and then install the mod Alien City v0.3 then backup and delete gta_int.img

Besi
  • Besi

BesY

• Members

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

I did this one also , and still it doesnt work , i have no idea what the prob is ...
If anyone could just explain to me step by step how did you run the map succesfully , that would be helpful , once again my version of gta sa.exe is 1.0 and ofcourse not an original game , i downloaded gta sa from the net (iso file) , i think im doing something wrong in the backup/delete thing with gta_int or definitely with gta map cleaner , ether way i think its better if someone tells me step by step ,,, any help is really really apricitated ...... smile.gif

Besi
  • Besi

BesY

• Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:38 PM

HELLO , somebody , common man , somebody has got to know what the problem is , HELPPPP !!!!!!!!!!

dj_chrismanno
  • dj_chrismanno

GTT Modder

• Members

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:19 AM

OK i will tell u step by step what do do..

Let's just say there are 2 problems in your GTA game already and you did not know. Such as , you having the wrong GTA exe, like a old version .. or somthing... AND lets just say your user details are corrupt... You need to do this

Delete the GTA San andreas User files foler in My documents.... Make sure you backup your mp3's Your save files will be useless anyway..

OK now if u have done this, goto My Programs then click Rockstar games and GTA San Andreas...Delete everything in this folder. Including the crazy trainer and any extra things like CLEO ... loose it all and we'll start from scratch..

NOw if you have done this continue...

Install GTA SAN ANDREAS to the default directory. which is:

C:// My Programs / Rockstar Games / GTA San Andreas / GTA San Andreas.exe

When you install the game all versions of the game exept 2 that I know will ask you to register on the internet ... hit no and it will ask to conferm install with the install stats... hit ok, or agree or Continue, depending on the version game.

Once it has installed You need to swap your GTA San Andreas EXE. This is the file with the GTA icon in the GTA San Andreas Folder.

You will know if you have the wrong version because "Crazy Trainer +151" cheat program will not work and many cheats will not activate.... If the Crazy Trainer +151" cheat program works with the spawn vehicle codes then the GTA SAN ANDREAS.EXE version is fine.

If you need the right version download it from such sites as trainsforgta.net. if you use this site, copy the link into google and translate to English. The site is not English.

Once you have sorted out the EXE to make the game run without the game disk, You need to backup the file stated in the READ ME. It is an IMG file.

Put it on your desktop.... it is safe there.

NOW HERE IS AN IMPORTANT FACT.

THE MOD WAS RELEASED ON SOME SITES WITH A DUD MAP CLEANER!!!!!

How I know This is:

A) the dud program is the same as the current one BUT the check boxes are the opposite.

This is what I mean:

When you read the READ ME file it says to uncheck a couple of boxes and in the screenshot diogram it shows them...
The Dud program is the opposite and needs you to tick the boxes rather then untick them and Untick all the others.

This is because the fine print at the top on the dud program says
"Check box to keep file"

The Current program says at the top
"Check box to Delete File"

This is one thing that many people have come to me about.... just make sure you read the fine print...

TO AVOID THIS WHOLE THING, Download the Beta 0.3 version on GTAFORUMS at the top of the Alien City Thread... it is post 1.
This post is updated regualry.

Now if you have done all this correctly, you need to open the GTA3 IMG file... Using the img editor supplied with the mod, just follow the instruction... ALL YOU ARE DOING IS ADDING AND REPLACING ALL FILES IN THE MOD FOLDER that are .DAT and the others. It must be done in 2 steps because you can't ADD and Replace all the files in one go because the file extensions are different and not in the same category.

Do all this and then drag the backed up file that i said you should put on the desktop, back to the Models folder in the4 GTA SAN ANDREAS FOLDER.

Things that wont affect the game running are Car mods, If installed right or with the mod install program called SAMI.
Crazy trainer does not crash the game.

IF U NEED MORE HELP Do the following.

Run the game and post saying where in the game it crashes.... And if it does it at the loading Screen. .... does it load then crash or during loading.

james14
  • james14

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:49 PM

everyone has this problem, is the snap 1,
if u pay attention its wrhite on the photo files to delete
and in the program files to keep

ByoHazard
  • ByoHazard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

map cleaner was used ?
did u do all steps without jump any1 ?
most of times the game crash in the loading screen becouse you didnt clean the maps.

RY3NO236
  • RY3NO236

3-Time-Champion Midget Tosser

• Members

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:44 AM Edited by RY3NO236, 25 November 2008 - 01:05 AM.

I have this exact same problem. I checked the boxes mentioned in the readme and unchecked the rest and you know what happened then? the loading bar went a little farther but then CRASHED!!! And that beta 0.3 version you mentioned is just a link to a reported attack site littered with viruses and malware! The only possible solution I could think of is an updated
map cleaner! ::EDIT:: I used a different map cleaner and its still crashing! sad.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

ALBANIAN
  • ALBANIAN

ALBANIAN

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

hello im new here.
can someone tell me how can i download the GTA Alien City but full version please?

jeroen_koenders
  • jeroen_koenders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:34 AM

i cant use it cuz it got cleo...i dont have us or us-compactible.
got the limited europe version confused.gif

WildePyro
  • WildePyro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Ok I obviously don't know what I'm doing. I need someone's help. I have downloaded and installed the gta san anderius mod from gtamaps.net and it has an auto installer. Well it installed fine and it dosn't work I installed on version 1.0 us with no mods at all. And I don't know what to do I get this error code in russian something to do with an quickopcode by alexander. Can someone help I treid everything reinstalling everything from scratch deleting certain finles backing up files and then reinstalling and none of it works I still get the same stupid error code. Please I'm going to go crazy if I don't figure thsi out. ph34r.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users