» «
Photo

Moronic Revew - GTAIV Writers Stupid!

33 replies to this topic
Dome Piece
  • Dome Piece

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:12 AM Edited by Dome Piece, 21 July 2008 - 08:14 AM.

Yes, I know I spelt review wrong in the title, and yes GTAF is the only forum in the interweb that doesn't allow you to change it.

The radio stations, TV stations, billboards, and a fake internet are all comments on American entertainment. The parodies are stupid; they writers clearly think they are cleverer than they actually are. America’s Next Top Model is parodied by a show called America’s Next Top Hooker. Elsewhere American liberals and conservatives are parodied by having outrageous talk shows. For examples there is the Weazel news service whose slogan is “It’s not news, its propaganda”. Satire is not funny when it is completely outrageous, it is funny when it just a notch above the truth. The game’s developers just do not get that. It is a shame they made this cartoony version of American life, because it totally clashes with their gritty story of Niko.

Thats a quote from this stupid review, from an absolute retard.

How can anyone talk about R* humor like that, doesn't this f*cking muppet get it?

Mark Kalriess, you are a c*nt.

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:27 AM

What he basically said was "It's totally not cleverer enough!" haha. He's just pissy because he can't escape a 2 star wanted level cryani.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (Dome Piece @ Jul 21 2008, 10:12)

I have to agree, this guy is a f*cking moron.

One has to have a license to own a gun, but they let anyone get on line. Really sad ... biggrin.gif

timredd
  • timredd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

I think the parody and adverts and DJ's were all heaps funnier in Vice City,

so in a way I agree with the reviewer

WellsMcK
  • WellsMcK

Mt. Hood

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:04 AM

The soundtrack I found incredibly weak. There are a number of radio stations, but each station only has about five songs on it. They are mostly good songs, but still a small amount.

What?
The game has 19 radio stations and 214 songs. That's a sh*tload of songs compared to the past.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (MckMan31 @ Jul 21 2008, 11:04)
The soundtrack I found incredibly weak. There are a number of radio stations, but each station only has about five songs on it. They are mostly good songs, but still a small amount.

What?
The game has 19 radio stations and 214 songs. That's a sh*tload of songs compared to the past.

Yeah, there is a lot, but it stinks. IMO.

It can't compare with VC or even SA soundtrack.

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Jul 21 2008, 09:13)

What?

To be fair; whether or not a soundtrack is good is really a matter of opinion. Personally I never really liked the music on any GTA...this is the first one where I havn't just muted the radio from the pause menu.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (fishing4monkeys @ Jul 21 2008, 09:18)
QUOTE (mkey82 @ Jul 21 2008, 09:13)

What?

To be fair; whether or not a soundtrack is good is really a matter of opinion. Personally I never really liked the music on any GTA...this is the first one where I havn't just muted the radio from the pause menu.

I'll have to agree here really that the soundtrack can only really be fairly judged by the actual
amount of songs it has, since thhe quality of the songs is highly subjective. For instance, i prefer
VC sountrack to SA sountrack. But at the same time, i can't really argue that the SA sountrack
is not better than VC, because more is better in my opinion.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:35 AM

For me music in GTA has always been detrimental. I would always extract it and listen to it over and over again.

The real problem was when some song I love would hit me while on some mission. I had a lot of problems concentrating on the task at hand and just listen to the song.

One of my favorite pass times in game was driving around and listening to some sweet music. Which is a bit odd since I don't like doing that in real life.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

Haha i listen to music wherever i go, even when i'm just taking a walk to the shop i always
bring my mp3

knobby
  • knobby

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (Dome Piece @ Jul 21 2008, 08:12)
Yes, I know I spelt review wrong in the title, and yes GTAF is the only forum in the interweb that doesn't allow you to change it.

The radio stations, TV stations, billboards, and a fake internet are all comments on American entertainment. The parodies are stupid; they writers clearly think they are cleverer than they actually are. America’s Next Top Model is parodied by a show called America’s Next Top Hooker. Elsewhere American liberals and conservatives are parodied by having outrageous talk shows. For examples there is the Weazel news service whose slogan is “It’s not news, its propaganda”. Satire is not funny when it is completely outrageous, it is funny when it just a notch above the truth. The game’s developers just do not get that. It is a shame they made this cartoony version of American life, because it totally clashes with their gritty story of Niko.

Thats a quote from this stupid review, from an absolute retard.

How can anyone talk about R* humor like that, doesn't this f*cking muppet get it?

I think the reviewer has it down quite well.

The humour seems to have gone over the top. Maybe it's trying to appeal to an audience that doesn't get black comedy.

I thought the media, television, radio anf the net were all up it's own arse.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:29 PM

I think its funny and most things are very cleverly done. This guy is just a loser tbh. He is just looking for something to hate on.

Machida
  • Machida

Send in the cows

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:50 PM

I bet he's one of Bastion's buddies!

Rooneye
  • Rooneye

Liberty City Casual

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Dome Piece @ Jul 21 2008, 08:12)

I completely agree with him. Satire isnt funny if its totally unrealistic, which it is in the game. And theres certainly nothing "clever" about it either.

Dome Piece
  • Dome Piece

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (knobby @ Jul 21 2008, 12:24)

The humour seems to have gone over the top. Maybe it's trying to appeal to an audience that doesn't get black comedy.

Ha, you need to understand what comedy is first. GTA is not black comedy. Far from it.

The media, Tv and radio were up its own arse? So what then, the media, tv and radio fancied itself? Wtf are you on about?

dominguero
  • dominguero

mlaaars

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Rooneye @ Jul 21 2008, 13:13)
I completely agree with him. Satire isnt funny if its totally unrealistic, which it is in the game. And theres certainly nothing "clever" about it either.

Oh give over, get a sense of humour. icon13.gif

RONIN1191
  • RONIN1191

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Jul 21 2008, 04:35)
For me music in GTA has always been detrimental. I would always extract it and listen to it over and over again.

The real problem was when some song I love would hit me while on some mission. I had a lot of problems concentrating on the task at hand and just listen to the song.

One of my favorite pass times in game was driving around and listening to some sweet music. Which is a bit odd since I don't like doing that in real life.

Interesting use of the word, detrimental. I have to agree with you; I don't drive around listening to music in my car, but I did like doing it in-game. Feel you on the favorite song thing...it can be distracting if you're actually listening to the song when you're supposed to be concentrating on killing or driving.

OT: the reviewer has an opinion, like everyone else on here. I've heard similar stuff coming from some of you who are purported fans of the series.

Edited to add: I even went so far as to buy the OST for VC; I liked it THAT much.

Gadzooks
  • Gadzooks

bang

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

I loved the soundtrack on GTA4. Whens the last time you turned on the radio and were impressed by every song that was played on every radio station? The hiphop stations are really good. Whether or not you like hiphop is up to you, but I do, and the artists they picked for that were extremely good. I even liked how they through that gay modern club sh*t like buy you a drank or whatever it was. It reflects the music today.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

The humour in GTA4 is the exact same humour in previous GTA games, only difference is this is a parody of modern day, so if you don't get it or hate it, then really you should hate the comedy in previous GTA games. Which of course most of you don't because you all seem to think San Andreas is the holy grail and want to bend over for it.

DanRev
  • DanRev

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

I somewhat agree. In GTA4 they've tried to hard to be satirical, and not just funny. They had always had the perfect balance between satire and just all-out-laughs in previous games, but they over did it in this one, which just goes along with this "serious realistic" thing the game has.

Leave the satire to Chris Morris please Rockstar, you were doing it great the way before.

CheeseNuke
  • CheeseNuke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

If they were stupid- they wouldn't be writers.

johnnyk
  • johnnyk

Johnny kazuki

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:56 PM Edited by johnnyk, 21 July 2008 - 07:58 PM.

WTF are you all complaining about? i think that review is a true one,just because he`s not praising the sh*t out of it dosen`t mean it`s not right.

Rooneye
  • Rooneye

Liberty City Casual

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (dominguero @ Jul 21 2008, 14:33)

Ive got a very good sense of humour, Im a big fan of comedy. I just dont find the TV and radio and stuff funny at all (well most of it). Things like:

"Back to you in the studio."
"I dont know where we'd be, but the studio" (in a really horrible unfunny but trying to sound it voice.)

Hillarious. confused.gif

Dome Piece
  • Dome Piece

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Rooneye @ Jul 21 2008, 23:19)

Ive got a very good sense of humour, Im a big fan of comedy. I just dont find the TV and radio and stuff funny at all (well most of it). Things like:

"I dont know where we'd be, but the studio" (in a really horrible unfunny but trying to sound it voice.)

Hillarious. confused.gif

The humor on the radio is exactly the same as previous GTA's.

Yes, the TV is exaggerated but so exactly do you want from them? It's the same humor as the radio, only that visual step up because its on a TV.

Have people on this forum run out of things to complain about?

GTA was the first game to bring this type of humor to a game, and now all of a sudden it's not good enough?

Seriously, stfu.

WellsMcK
  • WellsMcK

Mt. Hood

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (RONIN1191 @ Jul 21 2008, 07:47)
QUOTE (mkey82 @ Jul 21 2008, 04:35)

Interesting use of the word, detrimental. I have to agree with you; I don't drive around listening to music in my car, but I did like doing it in-game. Feel you on the favorite song thing...it can be distracting if you're actually listening to the song when you're supposed to be concentrating on killing or driving.

OT: the reviewer has an opinion, like everyone else on here. I've heard similar stuff coming from some of you who are purported fans of the series.

Edited to add: I even went so far as to buy the OST for VC; I liked it THAT much.

Maybe you don't do that in real life because of gas prices tounge.gif
I have always done that in GTA. Music and cars is what I love about it!

Rooneye
  • Rooneye

Liberty City Casual

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Dome Piece @ Jul 21 2008, 22:32)
QUOTE (Rooneye @ Jul 21 2008, 23:19)

Hillarious. confused.gif

The humor on the radio is exactly the same as previous GTA's.

Yes, the TV is exaggerated but so exactly do you want from them? It's the same humor as the radio, only that visual step up because its on a TV.

Have people on this forum run out of things to complain about?

GTA was the first game to bring this type of humor to a game, and now all of a sudden it's not good enough?

Seriously, stfu.

I love them game I just think the TV/radio is not that funny thats it calm down.

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:13 PM

For me, VC easily had the best soundtrack, and as much as i love GTA:IV(the best game i played since SA), it's lacking in terms of enough rock/metal songs.

Thankfully 'Heaven and Hell' (Black Sabbath w/Dio)was put in the soundtrack, and i can live with the Who's 'Seeker' and a few other's like Phil Colin's 'Mama', but there were just not enough songs in those genre's.

One more thing:

The GTAII:DP on the Xbox1 had a custom soundrack channel, and it was something many Xbox gamers loved about it.

Why the heck did Rockstar leave this out?

It was on the Xbox's GTA:DP, and on the pc version of SA as well.

No doubt, this was the worst soundtrack since GTAII, imho.

btw: VC:Stories had a great soundtrack as well.

knobby
  • knobby

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Dome Piece @ Jul 21 2008, 14:30)
QUOTE (knobby @ Jul 21 2008, 12:24)

Ha, you need to understand what comedy is first. GTA is not black comedy. Far from it.

The media, Tv and radio were up its own arse? So what then, the media, tv and radio fancied itself? Wtf are you on about?

Here is a definition of " up your own arse"

Up your own arse

aidbur
  • aidbur

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:35 AM

dome piece i like ur sig but i dont like gta. i find it boring. i totally agree with this review, rockstar dont give a f*ck if people like it, theyre making the millions, the multiplayer looks like it was strung in at the last minute, the single player missions are repetetive and boring, and overall its sh*t. i now only play cod4 as this is the only satisfying game both online and offline. anyone who agrees with me type 'aye' in your replies.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:49 AM

I'm just a little confused, this is the same type of Rockstar humour as always and now you guys bitch and moan about it? Like a previous poster said, are you guys just looking to rip IV apart because it isn't San Andreas? As for those saying it's the worst soundtrack ever, open your f*cking minds, I barely knew any of the songs in IV apart from LCRR, but I grew to like a lot of them, hell, I even bought a bands album because of the song they had in the game and they are a pretty damn good band.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users