WTF Moments!?

987 replies to this topic
Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:32 AM

Life or death choices do not affect the "No More Strangers" achievement/trophy. You still met him. You don't need to do all his possible missions.

MostOfAll
  • MostOfAll

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Nov 4 2010, 03:32)
Life or death choices do not affect the "No More Strangers" achievement/trophy. You still met him. You don't need to do all his possible missions.

Thanks for clarifying.

MostOfAll
  • MostOfAll

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (conscioushours @ Oct 14 2010, 13:29)
I was doing the Out of the Closet mission, I shot the French Tom and after that Niko automatically called somebody (Brucie or Roman, not sure). While he was on the phone I didn't know if I should stay at the diner or what, but since the mission was over I decided to leave the place. Outside there were some random guys (not cops) who started shooting and since Niko was still talking he couldn't run or shoot or anything. They killed him while he was still on the phone but I passed the mission lol tounge.gif

That's actually normal. It's supposed to happen because Russian mobsters will instantly shoot at you if you open fire in that diner.

Drift_91
  • Drift_91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (hugh750 @ Oct 10 2010, 23:58)
QUOTE (Drift_91 @ Oct 10 2010, 22:36)
QUOTE (toni cinpriani @ Oct 1 2010, 12:22)
another happened today: I prank called the police and a fire truck with police officers in it showed up.

That's pretty funny.

But for those interested, here's my theory:

LCPD are notorious for not being able to drive worth a horses hairy ass. They get into an accident, car's totaled. They comandeer a nearby firetruck and arrive at the scene. (assuming there was a firestation nearby.)

the lcpd police must take driving leasons from the same driving instructor that the rest of the gta 4 ai drivers take their leasons from. biggrin.gif

I think the random peds take better driving lessons than the cops actually....

Drift_91
  • Drift_91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (toni cinpriani @ Oct 12 2010, 11:10)
QUOTE (mati1501 @ Oct 11 2010, 13:39)
icon14.gif nice icon14.gif

Yesterday, I found out, that if you pick up a burger and throw it at a hobo they sometimes eat it!

cool. ^^

I got another one today. I was screwing around in alderney. When I reached the massive manson ( the one with the maverick) I was shooting some people. They picked an ak-47. I didn't know there were gangsters too.

First time that ever happened to me was when I was in the internet caffee. One of the Russian Mobsters from Hove Beach tried to come after me but got stuck in the door... I hear him yelling at me, look over, whip out mah auto-shotty and took him out in half a second. Been happening ever since Niko pissed off the Ruskies and they burned down the cab depot.

Drift_91
  • Drift_91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Oct 31 2010, 10:36)
I just had the weirdest series of the weirdest things happening to me...

Ok, so I was just playing around, pretending to be a serial killer, and I found me a victim.
I followed him around in my car, to a dark street, and got rid of him, but a taxi was near - I hopped back into my car and followed the taxi.

To get the driver panicking I rammed slowly into him, thinking he'd speen away, maybe into a wall, giving me a chance to get him but instead, he hopped out of the car and started chasing me on foot.
On the way to my car, he got hit by a car, pulled the driver of it out and they had a long fight.
He took a beating and tried to escape, getting ran over (again) TWICE, first by a taxi, then by a cop. Guess what he did?
Started another fight, got his ass kicked again and then lay on the ground with only one bar of health left.

I watched him there, and just for the lulz called the paramedics. They ran over him and killed him and left.

Guess it's true, always check twice before crossing the road!

It can be a major pain in the ass how stupid the AI peds are when you try to pass them and sh*t. But when you disturb their pre-programed routine and stick around to see the results it can end up in some epic lulz.

I just remembered one thing that happened a few months ago. I total a car, it won't start, I'm being chased by the cops. I jump out of the car and haul ass down a back alley in north-west Bohan just south of the bridge. The cops finally get off my ass (out of the search radius long enough) and I hear "Boom!... Boom!... Boom! Boom! Boom Boom Boom! Boom!" So I run back to see what the hell is going on. My car exploded with a ton of cars packed around it in a traffic-jam/pile-up, and it turned into a chain reaction. I think about 20 cars blew up in a 40 second period of time. Bodies flying through the air and rolling around on fire. It was f*cking insane! I practicaly reinacted a mini 9/11 all by accident.

(Sorry for the multi-posting, there's no way to multi-quote here.)

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

The random spawn locations for pedestrians I always find are really weird.
Do you know the pedestrians that line-up outside the Perestroika club? Well I was at the police station in Hove Beach getting russians arrested and I started to hear screaming. I thought "WTF was that?", so I walked around a few nearby streets and then when I turned the corner on to the street where the Perestroika club is on I saw 5 pedestrians falling in the middle of the road, standing up and then walking in to the club. notify.gif nervous.gif

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Oct 31 2010, 12:03)
A fence fell on my player and killed him.

My bike fell on my player and killed him.

toni cinpriani
  • toni cinpriani

king of the road! Also a great hitman.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Nov 21 2010, 10:27)
QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Oct 31 2010, 12:03)
A fence fell on my player and killed him.

My bike fell on my player and killed him.

In soviet russia bike lands you tounge.gif

Ferddy987
  • Ferddy987

A social experiment gone wrong.

• Members

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:29 AM

My most WTF moment was when I was playing that mission where you have to kill Clarence Little for Francis McReary. I was low on health, going up the stairs. Then suddenly! A guy came down the stairs with an MP5 and blasted me away.

Another WTF moment from the same mission was when I was playing with the Molotov Cocktails and I threw one up the stairs where Clarence was just standing there. He bursted into flames while crouching and the trash can magically lunged at me. Strange.

conscioushours
  • conscioushours

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:07 PM Edited by conscioushours, 02 December 2010 - 04:00 PM.

Okay this was really weird... Roman called and wanted to get drunk, so we went somewhere and after it I tried to get a taxi (which isn't the easiest thing lol), but couldn't get one. Finally one stopped but it was kinda far away so I had to walk there and it took a while. Then I got an error saying "Go back to your friend" so I walked back but couldn't see Roman, I looked at the map and he was in a moving vehicle. wtf? I tried to catch him but right after I got a red text saying "You left your friend behind" so the "mission" was failed. Soon Roman sent a message and asked why I left him behind and how disappointed he was and blah blah. sarcasm.gif But yeah that was weird.

Also later something weird happened when I shot one pigeon. I got cops after me but ran away from them, but still after it two guys (not cops or anything, just random peds) continued chasing me. I stopped and they stabbed me to death. wtf? mercie_blink.gif

nb2010
  • nb2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

I had Dwayne's back up in a car with me and I ramp jumped into the water. I got out of the car into the water but there was one dude on a jetty and the other on the shore, on opposite sides of the water!

cannow
  • cannow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:27 AM

I had a WTF? moment when on a mission I had to get a 4 door car for Packie and some of his pals, and I see one across the street. I run over and get in, then they start to come too. But no, they get rammed by a speeding mini van and they ALL die.

Randy Teh
  • Randy Teh

I hate GTA IV!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:11 PM

WTF moment? When I realized that GTA IV has ugly shadows, no antialiasing and story like african B movie from 80 years. Biggest WTF moment was when I find out taht GTA IV is boring like saturday afternoon in retirement home.

silentsharklol
  • silentsharklol

Bianco Crime Family

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Randy Teh @ Dec 4 2010, 17:11)
WTF moment? When I realized that GTA IV has ugly shadows, no antialiasing and story like african B movie from 80 years. Biggest WTF moment was when I find out taht GTA IV is boring like saturday afternoon in retirement home.

Ok seriously... WTF is your problem?

Wercury
  • Wercury

God bless chainsaws!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Randy Teh @ Dec 4 2010, 17:11)

That's a funny comment,man. Very original. No one else thought about saying something like that,I think you're the first one.
You're so cool,I think you should be the president.

win001
  • win001

Top Gear

• Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:56 AM

My biggest WTF moment is this. So I started up and played the game smoothly without errors then finally one moment I restarted the game and after the copyright screen it says EFLC has stopped working! First time I saw that I was like, WTF!?! Now I cant play it and im disappointed. And Secucrash has stopped working began to pop up.

Randy Teh
  • Randy Teh

I hate GTA IV!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (win001 @ Dec 5 2010, 04:56)
My biggest WTF moment is this. So I started up and played the game smoothly without errors then finally one moment I restarted the game and after the copyright screen it says EFLC has stopped working! First time I saw that I was like, WTF!?! Now I cant play it and im disappointed. And Secucrash has stopped working began to pop up.

user posted image

Destroy securom, live free brother!

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:28 AM

Sorry for the bump. I was driving Brucie home after a game of bowling. We were near the gas station in Broker. Suddenly all of the pumps randomly blow up! I didn't know what had happened at first, but I guess one of the AI drivers drove into the pumps by accident and blew up the gas station. Dumb Liberty morons tounge.gif .

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Apr 18 2011, 01:28)
Sorry for the bump. I was driving Brucie home after a game of bowling. We were near the gas station in Broker. Suddenly all of the pumps randomly blow up! I didn't know what had happened at first, but I guess one of the AI drivers drove into the pumps by accident and blew up the gas station. Dumb Liberty morons tounge.gif .

Same thing happened to me when doing Mel the drunkard random encounter

VC Over LC
  • VC Over LC

"Your ass is grass, buddy."

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

I was driving around in a Turismo and accidently whacked this old bitch walking on the street. So, unsurprisingly, a nearby cop began to pursue me. I got out of the Turismo and beat him down with a baseball bat. Then, two more officers came after me, this time in a police car. I easily plucked them down with a pistol. A few more came and just like the others, I totaled them. That earned me a three-star wanted level and a Maverick came after me. So I began to shoot at it with an SMG, but I wasn't aware of the cops on the ground. So, a police car winded up slamming into me and I went up in the air. I went higher up than normally and landed on fire escape. So, I nailed the Maverick's pilot dead in the face. The Maverick went out of control and crashed right on my fire escape. I got blasted, but I did not die. I finally landed in the middle of some street. When Niko got up he said, "I am leaving here with Roman!" I said to myself, "What the f*ck is this sh*t?"

thejorens
  • thejorens

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

ok so i was doing the snow storm mission, and i had very little health, but i was in a car and running away from the cops, i thought ah what the hell ill use a grenade on them, i throw it out the window, and at that same moment my car caught fire so i bailed, i survived, but a cop ran up to me with like 4 more following him and i got shot, then it all went black&white and the car explodes, the cops all fly away, but this one random ped staggers from the explosion and trips over a dead cop that has just landed there, man i love the euphoria engine.

Hahren
  • Hahren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

Jumped off the ESB, landed, got launched by my motorcycle and hit a cop with a mid-air kick. tounge.gif

video

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:28 AM

I decided to start sniping random things from the construction site near Niko's Alderney safehouse. Eventually a Korean gang member came up and started shooting at me. I killed the guy and left, but an ambulance pulled up. I didn't think the paramedic would walk all the way through the back alley, up the six flights of stairs, and all the way back to the Ambulance, so i started following him to find out whether he would or not. He got all the way up to the top floor, and attempted to revive the fallen gang member (he failed), so he started to leave, but he walked down the stairs by jumping down. Instead of just getting back up, he would pause for about a second while laying on the ground, and start rolling, this continued five more times, until he got to the bottom.

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

I have lots of them:
I once drove into a gas pump in Algonquin with an "everything-proof" Landstalker. I ended up in Blue Hell, and landed inside a car on the Algonquin Bridge. (Vanilla)
I found a Regina in Star Junction while I was just driving around. I thought they only appeared in 1 mission? (TLaD)
I found a hobo driving an Infernus at the airport. Where'd he get all the money? (TBoGT)
I jumped out of an Annihilator in Westdyke, Alderney, and I somehow hit a traffic light and only lost a quarter of my health. (TBoGT)
I ended up tens of thousands of feet high after glitching with the parachute. (TBoGT)
Messing around with the magical swingset, I landed at the docks in Port Tudor. (From Broker to Alderney!) It happened in a Patriot. (TBoGT)
Pedestrians have been spawning in bizarre locations recently; inside the stage of Perestroika (Vanilla), on the Statue of Happiness's cup (TLaD), on a phone pole in Beechwood City (TBoGT), and on the swingset of death. (Dude was thrown thousands of feet away.) (TBoGT)

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

One of mine was I had just left one of my safe houses and was going to jack a car by shooting the driver. I shot the driver but the car run me over.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

I've had many, many serious WTF moments, but its more realistic kinda stuff.

In The Ballad of Gay Tony, there is a gang called the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers (ND3), and Northwood is their main territory, but they also sometimes spawn in other areas of Liberty City in places like Beechwood City and Schottler (Broker) and Willis (Dukes), which is also Jamaican gang territory aswell. What I do is to start shoot-outs between the Northwood Dominicans and the Jamaicans in these areas by just pointing a gun at one of them. Once I do that, a shot is fired and then shortly after the two gangs just start shooting at each other in the streets with pistols, Uzis and shotguns. I've many real crazy gunfights happen this way - innocent people and police who get in the way just get blasted, and bullets fly everywhere, literally. I also recently discovered that after a shoot-out, a Northwood Dominican gang member will shoot and kill any nearby civilian pedestrian that witnesses him kill a rival. The whole thing is just so spectacular to watch when it goes down.

In the original GTA IV, I get Niko to call up Dwayne's boys for back up. Then I drive straight to gang-dominated area like the Firefly Projects, and then I start vicious shoot-outs between Dwayne's boys and local black gang members. Again, its pure mayhem and murder, shots fly everywhere. Once when I started this kind of gunfight, two policemen in a car pulled up and tried to intervene - the rival black gang members simply shot up the police car, shooting one policeman in the head through the window, killing him instantly. The other policeman quickly got of the police car and ran away, leaving his dead partner and the car behind, and I heard him say something like, "I'm not dealing with this sh*t!". He just straight up ran away !! I sometimes also do the Police Vigilante missions, select a gang activity mission and call up Dwayne's boys to shoot it out with the gang members . These shoot outs are just pure madness to watch.

By the way, anybody can actually perfom this thing themseleves, by just reading about what I did.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

OK,

So this is what happened. I called Roman and asked him if i could do a job. He said yes go pick this guy up from south Bohan. I'd imagine he was getting off work since i picked him up from the mission were you blow up this factory with a huge dump truck. He was all pumped like: GO FASTER, FASTER. And so on.

The marker showed up at the hospital and i was like WTF. So i went there and dropped him off. I was going to take off but then my curiosity came to mind and i was like "Let me follow him" so once i got out of Romans taxi the guy grabbed his stomach and clasped. And i was like WTFFFF notify.gif lol. He dropped his money and kinda wanted it so I took it.

he then walked near a nurse for possible help and she went running the other direction. I then proceeded to call 911 for paramedics. They came but did nothing. I'd imagine that they were not using their brains. lol

So yeah that just happened 5 minutes ago and i saw this post, so i then turned on my computer to tell you this funny but random story. lol.gif

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

Well I'm not sure if anyone else has had this happen to them but if you play GTA IV or any of the DLCs you tend to find invisible people on the subway stations.

Today in TBOGT I had just shot a bunch of gangsters and taken a bag full of drugs from a drug war mission and was heading to the drop off location with Armando and Henrique, sadly enough both Armando and Henrique were killed when their vehicle exploded with them inside it, so I went on foot and ran into the subway. I was at Frankfort Low station waiting for the train and a cop chasing a fat biker down the station platform caught my eye, as I was watching the chase I suddenly saw a floating coffee cup coming towards me, it went from one end of the platform to the other and then went up the stairs where I stopped following it, very strange. notify.gif

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:57 AM

Yeah, I've seen invisible peds in the subway stations, and also inside the Statue of Happiness and in the Star Junction Burger Shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users