Photo

WTF Moments!?

987 replies to this topic
samuellau93
  • samuellau93

Its only business...

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:45 AM

This is a very simple WTF moment that happens often in Multiplayer and single player but the person who pulls this off can get very satisfied...

Once again, i'm being chased by the cops in SP... So the cops smashed my Bike and i'm sent flying off and hitting a wall... Then, a Large SWAT Truck is coming to me and i know its going to hit me... I jumped to the side and it just swerved mere centimeters away...

LordDastardly
  • LordDastardly

Official LC Hotdog Stand Explosive Defuser

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:53 AM

I was playing "Do you have protection?" (as I am replaying IV) and I had just come out of the sex shop and was getting in my car when another car came round the corner. I got knocked over and accidently fired a shot. The driver reversed over me, nearly killed me and then reversed into Dmitri and kept going with him stuck on the boot until they hit my parked car and killed him! Then the driver got out on fire, fell next to the wheels of my car, which happened to be the Virgo that LJ gave me and set the wheel on fire.
At this stage I was quite annoyed so I pumped a whole clip into this dude when a cop car came past! Forgetting the car wheels were on fire I jumped into the Virgo and ended up driving at 100mph down the road when the engine set on fire, having bailed out, the car drove straight into a wall and exploded.
The explosion sent me flying and I landed on top of some Russian who I kicked, because he was stuck in the alley and for some reason Niko wouldn't step over him - nothing happened, so I turned around to exit the alley through another way and I got blasted from behind by the guy with the shotgun.

At this point I decided to go on a killing spree and ended up with four stars, a blista compacta and about 1 clip left of my pistol when I arrived at the park. I reversed my Blista into the swing hoping it would send me out of the radius because I was nearly out and the radius edge was not far from the park but no. The car went forward and I got ejected through the windscreen THE WRONG WAY and went about a mile into the sea and got slaughtered by wave after wave after wave of Police Boats.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:50 PM Edited by King Of Monra, 25 January 2010 - 11:17 PM.

A cop chasing a bad guy, I ran after the bad guy and bumped into him for a while until he died. (outside safe house) the cop than goes "I have to borrow your car for a while" and he takes my comet! I'm like "what the f*ck you're not taking that" so I highjack it back, I enter the non driving side and hits him out.

no stars.

--

and just now I manage to kill 3 peds with one crash.

I crashed in 1 car, and that car crashed into another car, and that car again crashed into a third car. and they all died.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Reach For The Dead

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (LordDastardly @ Jan 24 2010, 08:53)
I was playing "Do you have protection?" (as I am replaying IV) and I had just come out of the sex shop and was getting in my car when another car came round the corner. I got knocked over and accidently fired a shot. The driver reversed over me, nearly killed me and then reversed into Dmitri and kept going with him stuck on the boot until they hit my parked car and killed him! Then the driver got out on fire, fell next to the wheels of my car, which happened to be the Virgo that LJ gave me and set the wheel on fire.
At this stage I was quite annoyed so I pumped a whole clip into this dude when a cop car came past! Forgetting the car wheels were on fire I jumped into the Virgo and ended up driving at 100mph down the road when the engine set on fire, having bailed out, the car drove straight into a wall and exploded.
The explosion sent me flying and I landed on top of some Russian who I kicked, because he was stuck in the alley and for some reason Niko wouldn't step over him - nothing happened, so I turned around to exit the alley through another way and I got blasted from behind by the guy with the shotgun.

At this point I decided to go on a killing spree and ended up with four stars, a blista compacta and about 1 clip left of my pistol when I arrived at the park. I reversed my Blista into the swing hoping it would send me out of the radius because I was nearly out and the radius edge was not far from the park but no. The car went forward and I got ejected through the windscreen THE WRONG WAY and went about a mile into the sea and got slaughtered by wave after wave after wave of Police Boats.

That sounded too good to be true.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jan 26 2010, 09:21)

Maybe someone got a bit ahead of hiself tounge2.gif Nah joking.

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:58 AM

This is one I'm sure most probably know about, but I just noticed it. I was cruising around with Brucie in a Landstalker and saw some prostitutes standing at the curb a little ways down the street. So, just to see what would happen, I pulled up next to them and honked the horn, and Brucie yells out something like "Nicky, you perv!". I laughed so hard my wife thought I had lost my mind. I still laugh every time Niko goes sailing through a windshield, too.

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

1) I went bowling with Roman, we went inside, and i accidentally walked agains Roman, who decided to fall on the ground...doesn't sound funny but was hilarious and dry is u saw it xD

2) had some cops biggrin.gif and in front of me one was coming, but where i was driving someone was just crossing the road with a bag full of stuff from the shop^^ i managed to drive past the person without hitting, but the cop car from the other side didn't and around my car was a wave of food, really funny biggrin.gif

3) Just the gay dude u need to help XD i have to laugh when I hear him and see him in action >.<

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

The first time I jacked a car with a gay guy in the passenger seat. I thought it was a girl because of the high-pitched screams. But when I stopped the car, a guy in a pink shirt got out. lol.gif

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else. This sure is a lot of pages to go through. but anyways. I was bored and decided to start randomly firing at cop cars as they drove past. fired. got 2 stars instantly. but instead of the cop stopping to get me. they mashed on the gas and took off like they were a regular ped that was getting fired at. Was hilarious

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (customkingpimp @ Feb 1 2010, 21:59)
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else. This sure is a lot of pages to go through. but anyways. I was bored and decided to start randomly firing at cop cars as they drove past. fired. got 2 stars instantly. but instead of the cop stopping to get me. they mashed on the gas and took off like they were a regular ped that was getting fired at. Was hilarious

No but I've had a close thing to that.

I hit a cab with my bat, he went out and pushed me, the cop then saw it and went after him, then the cab driver tried to hit me but the cab driver hit the cop insted, so the cop started shooting at him.

By the way, cab drivers when arrested, often starts running away when arrested. their badasses.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:17 AM

im going to have to give that a try..
another thing i do that is amusing, well to me anyways. Is to find people taking pictures. push them so they drop their camera, pick up their cam and throw it into the water, has no effect really, but still funny.

NinjaHorse
  • NinjaHorse

GTA addict.

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

This happened to me today:

Im currently replaying the storyline of GTA IV (again). I was doing the mission 'Hating the haters' for bernie. i turned up at his with a bus, and after picking him up after the cutscene i drove to just outside the park in the yellow marker. the short cutscene then had niko and bernie about to enter the park, but somehow, either due to the size of the bus or how i parked it, in the cutscene the bus managed to drop down onto niko's head! must be some wierd glitch (on PS3) that i've never seen before (it must be just that mission)

luckily because it was a cut scene Niko was perfectly uninjured and i could carry on as normsal, but i mean, wtf?

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:10 AM

Here's one.....I was doing "Clean Up The Mean Streets" - Gang activity (somewhere in an alley off of Diamond St and Wong Way... I think) and I showed up but,just then so did the LCPD. I thought I was nabbed taking the cop car but no.....major shoot out ensues. I just stood back and watched. More unit's arrive and cop's are falling like flies to Raid (it got down to 2 cop's/2 bad guy's). The 2 cop's take out the last 2 bad guy's and (thank you) acheivement sucsess.

Total
6 unit's (12 cops) - 10 of them dead/6 bad guy's dead
Not a single shot fired by Niko = Pricele$$

I took a moment because I wasn't sure if I should get back in the cop car or not fearing they'd be gunning for me next.
tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

Big-_-t0ny
  • Big-_-t0ny

Twitch.tv/The__nest

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:25 PM

My turn, me and GTAKing33 were rolling down Dukes boulevard in FM and then liam-aka-spidie was gonna ambush him in an Anhilator, but the game was really laggy, and i couldn't hear liam approach, but i look up and instead of a chopper he's in a CONTENDER!? He was orbiting us in a Contender (It was the Irish one resprayed.) and i told him in the mic but he was in a chopper, so it was just me. suicidal.gif

I need mah Ethernetz back now... tounge.gif

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:49 AM

Had a gruesome one today, and never happened to me before. Niko, driving like a bat out of hell in a Contender around Star Junction, a taxi pulled out in front of him and Niko T-boned the cab at very high speed. The taxi driver was thrown out in flames, screaming his head off (poor bloke) and the taxi rolled away, to eventually burst into flames as well. Good job he didn't have a passenger. nervous.gif

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (TonyClifton @ Feb 5 2010, 02:49)
Had a gruesome one today, and never happened to me before. Niko, driving like a bat out of hell in a Contender around Star Junction, a taxi pulled out in front of him and Niko T-boned the cab at very high speed. The taxi driver was thrown out in flames, screaming his head off (poor bloke) and the taxi rolled away, to eventually burst into flames as well. Good job he didn't have a passenger. nervous.gif

Yeah, that can happen. I haven't caught that enough times to figure out how it's done, though. Gas tank?

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Canoxa @ Feb 5 2010, 22:50)
QUOTE (TonyClifton @ Feb 5 2010, 02:49)
Had a gruesome one today, and never happened to me before.  Niko, driving like a bat out of hell in a Contender around Star Junction, a taxi pulled out in front of him and Niko T-boned the cab at very high speed.  The taxi driver was thrown out in flames, screaming his head off (poor bloke) and the taxi rolled away, to eventually burst into flames as well.  Good job he didn't have a passenger.      nervous.gif

Yeah, that can happen. I haven't caught that enough times to figure out how it's done, though. Gas tank?

I must admit, I came to that conclusion as well. The collision was in the area of the gas tank. Not a pretty sight, and I didn't expect it, so it actually made me jump!

LordDastardly
  • LordDastardly

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jan 26 2010, 01:21)

That I wrote that after seeing this thread and thought: "Man, some people aren't going to believe this - but I know it happened so I'm not going to argue about anything!" biggrin.gif

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:22 PM

during the mission "DUST OFF"

i drove to the helicopter's destination, killed the russians and entered the heli. usually another russian gangster appears and grabs the heli -> user posted image

it always made me smile when he fell down. the last time i played it i flew down when he fell. guess what:
the guy does not die!. he doesn't move or do anything anymore. but he isn't dead.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (LordDastardly @ Feb 6 2010, 09:20)
QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Jan 26 2010, 01:21)

That I wrote that after seeing this thread and thought: "Man, some people aren't going to believe this - but I know it happened so I'm not going to argue about anything!" biggrin.gif

one thing: you cant get into a car which is on fire. but it was a great read nonetheless colgate.gif

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (NinjaHorse @ Feb 2 2010, 19:57)

Im currently replaying the storyline of GTA IV (again). I was doing the mission 'Hating the haters' for bernie. i turned up at his with a bus, and after picking him up after the cutscene i drove to just outside the park in the yellow marker. the short cutscene then had niko and bernie about to enter the park, but somehow, either due to the size of the bus or how i parked it, in the cutscene the bus managed to drop down onto niko's head! must be some wierd glitch (on PS3) that i've never seen before (it must be just that mission)

luckily because it was a cut scene Niko was perfectly uninjured and i could carry on as normsal, but i mean, wtf?

This really made me laugh. The thought of Niko and Bernie trundling along to a mission in a bus. lol.gif

DaNcInGcHiWaWa
  • DaNcInGcHiWaWa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:15 AM

My WTF moment happened when i loaded my game on TBoGT and once i stepped out of my apartment, I see a biker getting hit by a taxi going a million miles per hour lol, and it hit my bullet GT too. Freakin stupid taxi driver. haha...

But i've had a lot of these moments, its hard to remember them though because it happens so often. Theres a different experience every time I play. Which is AWESOME!

Saint_Jackie
  • Saint_Jackie

The Merc With The Mouth

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

I played GTA IV again last night, and God... quite a number of WTF moments.

I got wasted and respawn at the hospital. I need a car so I pull out my pistol and aim it at a driver in a nice sports car on the other side of the road. Just when I'm about to shoot him, a car from my side of the road bumps into me, I release a shot that flies trough the window of the car I wanted to jack. I hear screams. When I get up I see people fleeing about hundred meters away. I go there to see what I hit. Two guys lay dead. Both got a headshot from the same bullet. I was so amazed you could give a double headshot in IV I didn't even notice a cop tried to arrest me. I quickly started running, resulting in more cops chasing me. I thought I could escape, but ended up in a tunnel with lots of walking people who I saw too late and rammed a bunch of them... more cops after me.
In the end at high speed on a highway I crash into a cop car and go flying out of my windshield. I smacked against a wall, with very little life left. I got up while seeing a cop run towards me with a shotgun. For a moment I thought I was in Grand Theft Awesome. The cop blew the f*ck out of me.

Another WTF moment is when I picked up Roman to go eat. After eating some ped started talking sh*t to me about how I'm not welcome blablabla. I gave him a bullet in the head. Big gunfight between me and the dead guy's buddies. I get in my car, Roman follows. As I speed away a bullet cracked on my my car's windows. I was too busy getting away to see what subtitles appeared. As I made a quick turn with the car, Roman's door went open and he fell out. tounge.gif
He was injured and I didn't even notice.

NinjaHorse
  • NinjaHorse

GTA addict.

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (TonyClifton @ Feb 6 2010, 23:17)
QUOTE (NinjaHorse @ Feb 2 2010, 19:57)

This really made me laugh. The thought of Niko and Bernie trundling along to a mission in a bus. lol.gif

biggrin.gif I love the buses in GTA IV-you can cause complete mayhem just by driving up and down star junction in one just mowing down cars and peds-great fun!

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:01 AM

I had another one today.....I dinged a cop car and thought "oh no,here we go" but,nothing happened. So,I shot it up and the one cop get's out of the passenger side and run's the opposite way while the cop car drive's off, hit's a light standard and stop's. I pull up and it turn's out I killed the cop driving yet,no wanted star's. mercie_blink.gif

Crossz0r
  • Crossz0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

I laughed my head off. Nicko was evading cops in Alderney and cop shouted "I'll beat you, then f*ck you", it was hilarious, but later Nicko died in a pursuit. When he got out of hospital he got mad and started shooting the cops nearby cool.gif Nicko shouted: "You shouldn't have been f*cking with me!" lol.gif biggrin.gif

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:44 PM

A cop, just as I got my first star shouted "STOP!" in a manly voice. Then, as a lighter note, added with a slighty higher pitched voice, "Can I shoot him?" I laughed. lol.gif

Crossz0r
  • Crossz0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

Cops in Alderney act like retards biggrin.gif , I always provoke chases there in order to laugh my head off. "C'mon, fruitty!" still cracks me up. lol.gif

FurySerenity
  • FurySerenity

Hell Hath No Fury

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

I was heading toward the docks for the russian detective guy the first time, and went the wrong way. Drove into something that was very flammable and all of a sudden there is explosions and flames everywhere. Then just depressing grey screen.

W...T...F!

LordDastardly
  • LordDastardly

• Members

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

Not quite a WTF moment but earlier I had 4 stars and I ended up near the warehouse where you have a shootout with gangsters for Manny, I headed onto the roof armed with just 200 or so pistol rounds, body armour and 1 molotov, (I'd been messing around and had just been arrested and couldn't afford much else). I was in a great cover spot shooting the cops below who were walking past when I realised some of them were on top of the roof opposite which was connected to mine via a wooden plank.

I had just shot a cop on the floor a couple of times and he had dropped to the floor, I have free-aim on so I thought he was dead - I shot a cop on the opposite roof in the leg, the cop fell off the roof, landing on top of the cop who I had thought was dead (but had just stood up), squishing and killing him.

Then I jumped through the skylight, thinking the cops would not have had the intelligence to come into the building, landed, stumbled and fell over - no cops, until I stood up whereupon about 4-5 cops all came out of cover and opened fire - I was killed as I had just thrown the molotov and I saw the cops burn in slow-motion while I fell to the ground having been pelted by pistol, shotgun and M4 rounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users