Photo

WTF Moments!?

987 replies to this topic
fawlty_towers
  • fawlty_towers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:14 AM

hahah, I'm still laughing my arse off about this one ...was just drivin around under the highway bridge at charge island. been on high speed and passed that little wooden "bridge". while taking a nice jump, I noticed a car in front of me which I was keen on crashing while in the air. the crash succeeded and I've continued driving. but when I got pass that deformed car I've noticed some strange orange-lighting object behind me. I turned back and saw that the driver fell out of the car, covered in flames and screaming. 2 seconds later, his car also started to burn and exploded. great stuff to know that you can hit another car from behind with a taxi on top speed to make it explode biggrin.gif

Lukok
  • Lukok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (TonyClifton @ Dec 30 2009, 23:38)
This WTF moment was a real surprise. Niko was driving away fast from pursuing cops and NOOSE on a 5 star chase, coming through Rotterdam Hill in Broker and into the pedestrian area just above where Brucie lives. Driving down the steps there and onto the circular area of that pedestrian area, I decided to drive Niko over the edge into Boabo, hoping to take a few following cop vehicles with him. Niko's car goes over and survives, and Niko crawls out. I run him through the alleyways in the area where he has landed, round the corner and smack into a platoon of crouching NOOSE operatives, with a bunch of cops either side of them. No time to stop, just keep running, I thought. Niko keeps running, they do nothing, Niko bumps into one and says "Excuse me" (!) and the NOOSE guy replies "Watch where you're going" (!), but apart from that they do not react. The wanted stars are on alert, but they just stay where they are. I keep Niko running right down that road before there is any reaction. Jacking a car, I get him out of Boabo and out of trouble. Why he wasn't shot to pieces, I do not know. I guess no-one was expecting him to drop over that edge. notify.gif

Happened to me. I shot somebody then got a car and drove off before the police got there, on my way I drove past two squad cars and they did nothing. So I guess if you get in or out of a car before anyone can see you they don't know you changed the car. When you do and they know aboutyou ussually hear the police radio say like:
Suspect on foot eastbound bla bla
But if you get a car before they get there they won't follow you. It doesn't work all the time, but happened to me a few.

Theblackoutgow
  • Theblackoutgow

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:02 AM

Sex shop, 'nuff said.

Faledak
  • Faledak

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

GTA SA sexshops was more WTF-moment, chainsaw dildos = ???

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (fawlty_towers @ Dec 31 2009, 06:14)
hahah, I'm still laughing my arse off about this one ...was just drivin around under the highway bridge at charge island. been on high speed and passed that little wooden "bridge". while taking a nice jump, I noticed a car in front of me which I was keen on crashing while in the air. the crash succeeded and I've continued driving. but when I got pass that deformed car I've noticed some strange orange-lighting object behind me. I turned back and saw that the driver fell out of the car, covered in flames and screaming. 2 seconds later, his car also started to burn and exploded. great stuff to know that you can hit another car from behind with a taxi on top speed to make it explode biggrin.gif

Was it a Ford Pinto? biggrin.gif

fawlty_towers
  • fawlty_towers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (J.A.G. @ Jan 1 2010, 20:24)
QUOTE (fawlty_towers @ Dec 31 2009, 06:14)
hahah, I'm still laughing my arse off about this one ...was just drivin around under the highway bridge at charge island. been on high speed and passed that little wooden "bridge". while taking a nice jump, I noticed a car in front of me which I was keen on crashing while in the air. the crash succeeded and I've continued driving. but when I got pass that deformed car I've noticed some strange orange-lighting object behind me. I turned back and saw that the driver fell out of the car, covered in flames and screaming. 2 seconds later, his car also started to burn and exploded. great stuff to know that you can hit another car from behind with a taxi on top speed to make it explode  biggrin.gif

Was it a Ford Pinto? biggrin.gif

yo hahah, the exact same car I just drove and that randomly exploded

123robot
  • 123robot

Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:15 PM Edited by 123robot, 05 January 2010 - 02:27 PM.

I was in a Broker, near a gas station, and thought I would go to it and blow it up. I had full health and armour. As I was running to the gas station a car hit me and I lost almost half of my health. I decided to get my revenge on a car that I saw going through the gas station. I went to the one closest to it, dropped a grenade, ran to a safe spot and watched everything blow. The car began to drive away, but the grenade exploded in time so the car was on fire and the man inside got out, burning. As I was watching it about to explode, a car pushed me towards the car (costing a bit of health) that was about to explode. When I got up, I ran like hell, but the car exploded and I got blown away, losing all of my armour and a bit of health. I decided to steal a car and get the hell out of there, but when I got in, some idiot began shooting me. I barely escaped, with health flashing red. I decided to go to a nearby Cluckin' Bell to restore my health. I drove there and walked in and pushed two random guys out of my way, suddenly, they started to attack me. One of them punched me and I ran out. Just as I was about to get my shotgun out and shoot them, I was punched once again was dead.

Seriously

EDIT: Almost straight after that, after getting out of hospital, I went to Lynch Street station. I went up, waiting for a train and I was walking some guy ran into me. I thought nothing of it and waited for a train. Then, a cop came and pointed his gun at the supposed criminal. Nothing happened for about a minute so I pushed the criminal onto the train tracks. The cop continued to point a gun. A train stopped nearby and the criminal walked over to it. The cop jumped onto the train tracks and continue to point his gun. As expected, the train went and ran them over, but it's pretty damn funny how people in the game are so stupid.

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

My first WTF moment was when I first played the game and I thought they still had the good citizen bonus and I shot a guy a cop was chasing.. turns out I got a start and got arrested myself.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (johncs154 @ Jan 5 2010, 17:07)
My first WTF moment was when I first played the game and I thought they still had the good citizen bonus and I shot a guy a cop was chasing.. turns out I got a start and got arrested myself.

Even if the bonus was still there, you can't just shoot the criminals, only fists or melee, I believe.

IllnessGTA
  • IllnessGTA

Wannabe killer

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

I went to the biker AOD gang area next to burger shot and suddenly a group of hobos started attacking the bikers. A poor fat biker was getting pushed by the fighting gangs and fell over that mini cliff. Suddenly, a car came ramming into the fighters. The man got out of his car and tried to run away only to be hit by a taxi.

GTA IV has so many funny and wtf moments. That is what I love most about it.

123robot
  • 123robot

Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

I was being chased by the cops, so I stole a taxi. The driver tried to escape and start reversing. When had gotten out, the door and the driver were both hit by a car that he reversed into and he died and the door broke off.

I was at a train station in Bohan and jumped on a train and then jumped onto an awning. I saw that building that Manny told you to go in and kill those guys so I decided to jump on the roof and enter through the skylight and then attract cops to have a fight with them inside. As I was jumping on, I could see through the skylight and it was just blue all inside. When I landed, I lost a bit of health and then suddenly I glitched and went through the roof, hit the ground and died. I noticed when I was dead that the interior wasn't fully loaded because all I saw were the walls, ceiling, floor, some shadows and places where lights had shined. The whole place was also poorly detailed. I think that the game didn't load the interior because I hadn't entered through any of the intended entrances.

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:30 AM Edited by P.C.M., 07 January 2010 - 08:38 AM.

In Bohan,I picked up a hooker and dinged a cop car - chase was on so,I rode up the unfinished highway,jumped and lost them,landed on my side beside Steve's garage (I was wedged and couldn't move) and she asked...did a 50. Defying gravity - we did our thing,she left and I followed. This is when it all went batsh*t. She wanted to fight but,I backed off.Next thing I know,she's fighting with a hobo. They get it on and the cop's show up. Problem is,she managed to get wedged in between a cab and the cop car. Cop's got out and did the sideway's gun run up the street till she died. No wanted star's to me. When they did leave,another cop car came flying around the corner and everyone on the street went at me. The fight was on,cop's shot at us all said "HELLO" and it escaladed. I ran for my life back to the safehouse and managed to save on a tenth of health. Hence - up 110 buck's/3 dead and many p*ssed off cop's. notify.gif

50+ - hooker
30+ - taxidriver
40+ - ped
= thank you,come again
lol.gif

Faledak
  • Faledak

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:16 PM

Today i was playing TBOGT and i put on ''explosive sniper rounds'' and decided to go extreme.

I got 5 stars on me and i was driving in Chinatown with my F620 because i knew that there was always police snipers there.

I cruised along the streets until i had red health. Cop shot headshot on me but my car didnt explode. After 3-4 seconds my car exploded into pieces.

paul
  • paul

We can do this the easy way or the Yard way

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

I got one, it isn't much of a wtf moment but it sure was epic.

So today I decided to play a bit of IV and after some time of playing SP I decided to go play MP.
After I got tired of FM I joined a race.
It was just me and another guy and the settings were Free mode/Random track.
Now the epic moment happened on the track "Sinners and Saints" It's from the prison to Colony's cemetery.

Once the race started I got off the prison and quickly got in a car (banshee).
He was getting behind too much so I thought it was an easy win, I was wrong.
When I got out of the booth tunnel going to Algonquin he was closing on me fast and took a different (faster) route.

I eventually met up with him just before the bridge to Colony island and I saw that his car was a vincent so I thought "I'll easily outrun him on the straight road ahead the bridge" but again I was wrong. Just after I got off the little bridge my freakin' car gets on fire "Oh for f*cks sake" but I didn't give up and continued driving my flaming banshee right behind him. I eventually bailed out BUT at the same time the other guy crashed and guess what? The explosion from my car puts his on fire "Holy sh*t that was f*cking epic". And while laughing my way on foot I quickly got in a car and epically won the race lol.gif

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

I've driving in the midle of one of the bridges, (where people are supose to be able to walk)

at the end there is a staircase, I had too much speed so I jump insted of drive down that staircase, so I crash and fly out of the car, I then fall down at the stairs and roll down, the car i flew out of right behind me driving over me, killing me.

Kingfisher14
  • Kingfisher14

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

so i'm just bombing thru broker and some guy decides to get beefy. so i pull a shotgun out and blow him away.

nothing special there, but the good thing was, there was this industrial-sized bin behind him with a bit of wood sticking out from it, the wood ends up getting 90% of the splatter and it's pretty much all red. Sweet.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

My WTF? moment in Vanilla IV would have to be me pretending to be a noob in a helicopter in single player, idk how it happened,but i was flying full speed about 2 or so feet under the roof of a tall building, i had this crazy idea that i would go flying out of my windsheild. It worked, i went flying about 300 feet accross Algonquin and landed on a pedestrian on the sidewalk, i died, but as the black and white screen was advancing, i hobo walked past and said, "to much burgers"

lol.gif

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:43 PM

Niko is up in his siege nest at Ron Oil, Alderney, potting shots at NOOSE guys coming up the ladder, then I noticed a differently dressed character coming up the ladder, so I let him get to the top, and it is a Korean gangster type, with a pistol aimed at Niko, laughing maniacally ("You'll pay for this...ha ha ha ha!"). Shot him off the top of the ledge of course, but that is the first time I have had a "civilian" come up that ladder and take a pot shot during a 6 star stand off. Never mind a dangerous one like that! nervous.gif

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:45 AM

Here's another WTF moment from me:

When my video card died and I realized I can't play IV anymore. panic.gif

It's all good tho, I still have 2 years on the warranty. But if the manufacturer won't do anything about it, I'll just have to buy another one. But 2 weeks stuck on integrated graphics is like a crackhead going 2 weeks without a rock. sad.gif

IllnessGTA
  • IllnessGTA

Wannabe killer

• Members

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:53 AM

I got my baseball bat and hit about three cars so four people got out and chased me. I climbed on top of a taxi and started kicking them. Suddenly, Jamaicans ran up to my attackers and started beating them up for no reason. Another one came with an SMG and blasted the rest of my attackers away. I thought that they would started attacking me but instead they all walked in a line away.

After that, I was like "WTF are Jamaican gangsters trying to do? SAVE ME?"

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

Mooching around Hove Beach, looking for trouble, I got Niko to kick the car of a grumpy looking driver. Of course the guy got out, uh oh, Russian gangster type with a knife. I let him chase Niko over the beach and headed him towards the oil barrel fire that the hobos generally warm their hands over. I knew if I could get him close enough to the fire he would set himself alight. So he runs towards Niko, giving it "...you fight like a legless goat!" and all that stuff. I nip Niko behind the oil barrel and the geezer runs near enough to the barrel to set himself on fire. But the WTF moment is for when he had expired. I hoped there would be a bit of dosh for Niko to pick up, when in fact there was loadsamoney! Not the bright twinkly bits of cash you usually see when peds expire, but loads of wads of notes. Niko walked away with the best part of $400. Talk about picking the right car to kick! smile.gif

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:00 PM

I have another one.....Called Packie to play some dart's.Before we went in,I pushed and punched Packie around.....not to kill him,just enough to mess with him. Played dart's/beat him- and we left. Before getting in my car,nut shot's and haymaker's on Packie.....just a bit (every 6 seconds or less). He's saying stuff like ".....I don't want to fight you" and the radar goes off - 1 *. Hopped in the car with Packie and took him home just short of the arrow and waited for the LCPD to show up.....nothing,they stayed put and never came within a block of me. After 2 minutes,dropped Packie off,LCPD is gone and all is good/saved. tounge.gif

I'm going to see if I could do this with everyone (probably been done,if so.....cred's to the original poster). My bad. dontgetit.gif

batmankidal
  • batmankidal

Biker dude

• Members

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

I drive a Hell Fury with Packie from Algonquin to Broker to see a show, when we pass the bridge I smash some cars and Packie just flew from the bike to the land in the bottom of bridge while screaming "aaaaarrrrhhh !!!". Then text "your friend is injury" show up biggrin.gif

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

A ped (blonde girl) drives past a cop, close enough for the cop to bend over and grab onto the car (standing still)

then he takes the girls car and arrests her, . a very common thing but it is a wtf thing

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

I decided to aim into a car to get the driver out, in a busy Algonquin street. He didn't react, so I went for the headshot. As the body rested against the steering wheel, the car took off and sandwiched me into the back bumper of the car just ahead. Wasted. And this happened just in front of one of Algonquin's hospitals.

Gta_Fanat1c
  • Gta_Fanat1c

Dumbf*ck Magnet

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:13 AM

Having my gun's model go invisible once.
Roman's cab driver just stopping for no reason.

YamiFly
  • YamiFly

=D= Club Secretary

• Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:58 PM Edited by YamiFly, 21 January 2010 - 01:15 PM.

I was going to do this mission, so I called LJ to get guns. I fare a cab and call him. Quickly, I change destinations, and the cab stops. I was like WTF? and the marker of LJ was infront of me.

Epic WTF just some seconds ago.

I wanna get the one man army and the walk away at the same time. I get my six legally, and drive off with my comet. The thing is that a friend calls, so I'm like "Man, if I go to my friend's I would loose the stars!" so I sped to the place. My comet was alright, pay n sprays work a lot. I went to my friends and the cutscene starts. Around five cop cars go flying past my comet and they start rolling. My friend gets in and I see the five rolling cars going around the street. The stars where there, so I sped to the show. As soon as I accelerated, I hit a cop car in mid-air, causing it to roll around falling and exploding. Aonther car comes flaming on with the power of the explosion plus him accelerating, making a boost to us. I end up in the show place. I rush in and see the show. When I finish, three cops enter the place. As I shoot everybody takes his weapons out and a major gunfight starts. My friend got sprayed with bullets. The red message "Your friend is injured". I roll to where I can cover and throw two granades. Both go off, one softening up and killing, and the other in mid air, killing the cops. I rolled to the door and got in my yellow comet. I sped and went over five cops. I decided I needed to go to a mission, but I was in Broker when the mission is in Algonquin. I speed how I can, and when I go through charge island, all the cops start piling up. I handbrake and get out. Three well placed granades blow the hell outta them. I get in my car and go to the mission.Im in algonquin, speeding to the marker. I get the one man army. Suddenly, the cops kill me but my comet spins out into the marker. Everything went on as normal, and when I got off I had all my health back, and the "Walk Free" achievment. That was a lot.

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

Wow, yeah, that's epic alright. Nice.

EColeman24
  • EColeman24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Bates_GTA @ Jul 18 2008, 12:42)
Now i havn't seen a GTA IV version in this section so i thought i'd start one. Has anything ever happened to you on GTA IV and it's just like "ZOMG, WTF" well post what happened here, pictures and video are welcome colgate.gif

To start it off, i only really play GTA IV online, But the Swing glitch amazed me the most, so thats my moment, im sure theres more to come.

LOL I never get tired of amusing myself with the possessed swing in the park. The first time I wandered into it and it flung me halfway across the island I knew this was gonna be a spot of endless entertainment for me. tounge.gif

EColeman24
  • EColeman24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:21 PM

Mine would be the spot in the game where the helicopter tour rides are that spawns nothing but women that want to beat the s**t out of Nico for simply breathing... mercie_blink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users