WTF Moments!?

987 replies to this topic
TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (ikt @ Oct 9 2009, 17:46)
A police heli crashed on me. I was liek cry.gif HOW THE f*ck DID THAT HAPPEN.

They do just tend to drop out of the skies, don't they? I had Niko getting a hot dog once when a cop chopper landed right next to him. The hot dog vendor did a runner, but Niko was still in the middle of speaking and said "Oh, thank you very much", like Mr. Cool. cool.gif

SKYHAMMER
  • SKYHAMMER

Vercetti-holic!!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

Earlier, I was mowing down peds, as usual, everything normal, the screaming, the bodies leaving bloodstains on my hood, some people getting stuck under the wheels... nothing rare, but suddenly too much peds spawned infront of me and I ran over almost all of them, resulting in too much bodies stuck under the car, which made it "jump", do a barrel roll and land on its wheels again! nervous.gif It was amazing, like one of those stunt montages made by the famous Ben Buja on youtube tounge.gif

killer6699
  • killer6699

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:58 PM

ok i've got a WTF moment

so i wanted a mavereck and i was in the water near the helitours about to go get one and i have to sh*t so i leave the room 5 minutes later my brother comes downstairs where my bathroom is and says i've been abducted by a boat it took me all the way to colony island

mouthpuncher
  • mouthpuncher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

After keeping it on the shelf for over a year and having only played the first couple of missions, I finally decided to finish GTA 4 and forgot how random things would happen all the time that added to the enjoyability of this game.

I had my first WTF moment last night when I went to pick up Roman to go shoot some pool. I had pulled up in the Cavalcade and honked for Roman to enter the car. I guess I was holding up traffic because a car tried to go around me and ended up crashing into a lightpost across the street as Roman was crossing the street. That lightpost ended up coming down straight on top of Roman's head which floored him immediately. After I realized he was still alive I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. Love these moments!

Hinther
  • Hinther

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (garywobby @ Jul 18 2008, 13:05)
My WTF moment came last night as I was playing the game, this is the third time i've played through the game and this has never happened before.
I was doing the mission "Out of the closet" where I have to kill French Tom for Brucie, I sat down and listened to him babble on for a bit and then decided I was bored of listening to him and it was time to shoot him, so I got up, pulled out my shotgun and fired .........right at the time a gang of four masked men in raincoats burst through the diner doors shouting "This is a robbery" and they all quickly turned on me because obviously I was packing.
Anyway I shot the one in my way and quickly ran outside only to find more robbers there having a shoot-out with the cops, I decided it'd probably be safer if I just quickly ran around the corner to my safehouse.

Haha that is why I like GTA IV! smile.gif

Well I got something, was doing a mission that involved chasing down some guy and then kill him. Well after some minutes of carchase I pulled him over.. got out of my car and pulled out my shotgun and fired some rounds on him.. Ah felt good.. finally.. but then a limousine who probably went crazy when I started the fire drove right on me so I was pinned in the wreckage of the car.. Oh man I was so angry and decided to go kill all damn limousines in LC!

OniMessiah
  • OniMessiah

Something Interesting

• Members

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

I was flying towards the tallest building on Algonquin, then I crashed into a nearby building. My tail and chopper blades came off, and I landed in an inescapable spot. Needless to say, I was amused:

user posted image

Le Rusecue
  • Le Rusecue

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (garywobby @ Jul 18 2008, 13:05)
My WTF moment came last night as I was playing the game, this is the third time i've played through the game and this has never happened before.
I was doing the mission "Out of the closet" where I have to kill French Tom for Brucie, I sat down and listened to him babble on for a bit and then decided I was bored of listening to him and it was time to shoot him, so I got up, pulled out my shotgun and fired .........right at the time a gang of four masked men in raincoats burst through the diner doors shouting "This is a robbery" and they all quickly turned on me because obviously I was packing.
Anyway I shot the one in my way and quickly ran outside only to find more robbers there having a shoot-out with the cops, I decided it'd probably be safer if I just quickly ran around the corner to my safehouse.

Maybe that was Derrick, Packie, Niko, and Gordon, from the future. Wow, you may have caused a time paradox by shooting them. I think you killed yourself from the future.

My WTF moment occurred when i was doing the museum mission, and for no reason at all, when I get near the museum, it says I have failed the mission. It got me mad, so next time I played, I shot Johnny.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:09 PM

Well.. just..

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

Saw a cop just randomly whip out a pistol and shoot this guy to death before casually walking away. The guy didn't have any weapons or nothin'. He was just walking by innocently.

Faledak
  • Faledak

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

Was playing L&D when cops shot terry, then terry's m4 bullet hit clays head and clay died, his assault shotgun dropping down, and launching a gauge in cop's head dontgetit.gif biggrin.gif

Psychotic Bison
  • Psychotic Bison

Др. Пиздец

• Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:04 PM

Was trying to go for the "fly heli under the bridge" thing, flew under a few and then crashed into one from the bottom, so of course all rotor blades are gone. I jumped out of the heli, and fell on a boat that was sailing by. The heli then crashed into the water right next to it.

The boat's owner NPC must've been very traumatized by this because he promptly jumped overboard and drowned.

Another time I called one of the friends and figured I'd pick them up in style in a helicopter... Flew there just fine, landed very carefully in the middle of the road, no damage... but too far from the friend, so I got out to get him. Just as he starts following me, two trucks and a car crash at full speed into my heli, blam, tail gone, main rotor gone, heli upside down. Not going anywhere.

tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:19 AM

ok so i loaded the game in alderney safehouse, as soon as i got out of the building I saw 2 spanish lords gangsters shoot just in front of me (2 metres away) a ped then got in a red cavalcade and drove away. Seriously i couldnt understand wtf was going one untill i saw a ped droping down next to Nikos feet

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:23 AM Edited by spike88, 30 October 2009 - 01:26 AM.

I was holding a grenade a primed grenade that I was just about to throw. When a car bumps into me. This caused me to drop the grenade, which goes off instantly(even though it wasn't primed for that long). Blowing me and the car to kingdom come.

Another time I jumped out of a speeding car. I hit the floor, bounced up, hit the ground again, bounced up higher and then slammed into a mailbox. This dented the mailbox.

Fox_Xalian
  • Fox_Xalian

Fox Xalian-United Furry Families

• Members

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:48 AM Edited by Agent_Sabre, 30 October 2009 - 09:23 AM.

I was in the middle of a mission and next thing I see is a moterbike WITH NO RIDER going past me as if there was someone on it. Another mission I was doing I had to shoot someone so I took out all his health and all he dose is stumble back and then continues shooting at me and I was like WTF how could he do that after a head shot, need less to say I shot him in the head again he went down like a sack of potatos but I still put an entire assult rifle cilp into his head to make sure he was dead.

Asoyfy37
  • Asoyfy37

If you saw This Man, it is no dream.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

I was flying in a helicopter, when I decided to get out (I was very close to blow up the helicopter, almost crashing into a building). As I pressed the bottom, Niko teleported to a higher place, higher then the helicopter and, what seemed to be a medium hurt turned out (because of the teleportation) to be crashing to death. I was like WTF?! Why couldnt Niko just open the door and jump out, why did he teleported. It hapened to me many times, and every time it's cooler then the last time, problem is that sometimes (like I just posted) Niko teleportes into a too high place and does not survive the falling. It is also fuuny when you fall, like out of nowhere on an old lady. Weird and funny moments.

mattybutty2k9
  • mattybutty2k9

matty butty

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

[SPOILER]when roman was killed i aculey cried i am such a sado p.s happy hallween orly.gif

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:28 AM Edited by Piperka, 01 November 2009 - 09:35 AM.

You fail at Spoiler tags, At the end your supposed to put [/SPOILER]

so it's
CODE
[spoiler]  this is where you write the spoiler   [/spoiler]

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Oct 31 2009, 20:28)
You fail at Spoiler tags, At the end your supposed to put [/SPOILER]

You should of edited out the spoiler when showing him how to do it. You're just drawing more attention to the spoiler with the big white box.

Ryder 556
  • Ryder 556

derp

• Members

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:02 AM

This one time I was just blasting some cops when, yep you guessed it, the infamous shotgunner comes out of nowhere and boom. I'm dead. But he got his. I was holding a shotgun at the time and it fell, hit the ground and went off in mister police mans face. I laughed my ass off.

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

TMW in Bohan. I just managed to complete a task, when i noticed 2 guys approaching me. First guy had a RPG, first shot sent me flying backwards, 2nd shot caught me again and slung me back (like no health by this point,) quickly got up and tried to headshot him, he disappeared... just in time for the other guy to come round the corner, took him down in 2 shots so i can try and make sense of this disappearing RPG nub.
Just as i killed the 2nd guy, i noticed the RPGr reappearing but 'laggy.' Really shot like f*ck in at him. Now this is when it gets f*cked up... The 'lag' floats him over the ground, across to the right and guess where to.. the frigging armour.. lol
I'm highly guessing LAG SWITCH. f*cking pathetic. He crashed straight after this lol
(annoying thing was, first time ever, full f*cking room TMW, 5 mins before this half the room got 'kicked'. I'm starting to think its lag switchers that get people 'kicked'.. Was some game though, 4 v 4 v 4 v 2 v 1 v 1. I was in a good team and one of the other team of 4 was 9's and 10's wink.gif both single players were 10's aswell, until they left sad.gif

IWANT2MODCARS
  • IWANT2MODCARS

Officially left GTAForums

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Bates_GTA @ Jul 19 2008, 18:06)
QUOTE (yess @ Jul 19 2008, 22:01)
QUOTE (Bates_GTA @ Jul 19 2008, 21:47)
Oh yes there is.

the highway to hell.

You can manipulate the speed of the traffic by moving you'r camera in different direction.
Exsample: if you look in the direction where the cars come from and turn the camera so tht you are looking acros the road,
cars will speed up to max speed and in great numbers.

The place is here

http://snapmap.wikig...dex.php?437,222

I had pileups and xplosions lasting 10 to 20 min's just by doing nothing else but looking.
You can use the walkway running along the highway to have a good look, and position you at the last car in the pileup, when new cars crash move to that spot and moving you'r camera as i told.

takes a little getting use to but you will be rewarded with a major pileup, xplosions and flying people al over.

Ahaha, nice. I didn't know this! Ill certainly give this a crack, So you look forwards as from there side and the pile-up will begin?

You will get the catch.

Try this: when looking at the direction where the cars are comming no cars spawn or maby one or two in the distance, when you start turning the camera away, still looking at the road they will come, fast and alot,if one car stop the pileup will start.

Sometimes you will need to help whith a greanade, throw it at the front of the pileup and it will all come toyou.

But it's all in the camera manipulation.

I get it. I have noticed this aswel, Lookin towards traffic and nothing comes but keeping your camera another way for a while, everything and anything appears. Nice one.

I think I get it, How about/Like this?

I stand on the road where the cars come and wait for a few cars to stop in front of me, look away, and then look back at the car in front of me, and they start piling up? biggrin.gif
dontgetit.gif If you could post some pics that would be nice. icon14.gif

Use the print screen/sysRq button to take a pic, use paint and paste it in there, (or control-V)
and upload it and post it here. Because otherwise I'll try it myself and see if I get what you are saying. happy.gif

D1RTYŽ
  • D1RTYŽ

• D1RTY12
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:28 PM

The other day I was just driving along in my truck at quite a speed when all of a sudden "KABLAMO" went straight into a vehicle turning onto the road I was on. The people inside were on fire and jumped out struggling to survive, they never made it.

A little later the car I went into blew up which then caused another car to blow and another and more cars came and each one caught on fire until they would blow up and all this after just one high speed crash. It was fun to see it unfold.

4l3k54
  • 4l3k54

Horse rider

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:51 PM

My WTF moment:
I like killing a pedestrian that's sitting at the stairs nextside to Manny's studio.
I get my Gold Dukes and i ran him over the stairs, he gets flying 100meters in the air before coming down. I was like WTF hahahahahaha xD

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:35 PM

Sh*t! Katt Williams has just been jailed for burglary - FOR REAL!! Nooooooooo!! wow.gif

50Dashes
  • 50Dashes

Check out my signature.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:35 PM Edited by 50Dashes, 10 November 2009 - 12:24 AM.

My WTF moment is when I was parked on the side of the road, phoning Roman, when BAM! A car just frigging rammed into me and sent me flying into the ocean. It actually genuinely made me say "WTF". A**hole.

Another one is when I was going into the subway and these two Mexican guys punch me for no apparent reason. So I ran away around the corner, and they started having a gunfight with AK-47's. I'm like "I want nothing to do with this" so I stand back and just watch them fight. Eventually, one won and the other, well, didn't, and the winner turns his attention on ME. He has an AK-47, I have a baseball bat. I'm kinda screwed, so I just swing my baseball bat at him... and he was so badly injured from the fight it killed him!

Also, I went into the Sprunk Factory, looking for the ghost and all, though I was just doing it for a laugh, when I shot my pistol and heard someone say "You must leave now." I dropped my controller with fright, turned my Xbox off and ran out of my bedroom as fast as possible. I am never going back in there again. The Sprunk factory, that is. Not my bedroom.

Faledak
  • Faledak

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:09 AM

Today in TBoGT races, some dude was last one on race, i was first. Suddenly, on last round he jumped on the first and i didnt even see him going past me or no-one else.

RogerFH
  • RogerFH

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:27 AM

My little "WTF Moment": I was playing GTA IV today, killing cops and everything, Then I decided to take a break from the chase at the minigolf course near Hove Beach. Okay, there I was killing every cop I saw. Shortly after that, a tramp came by running and screaming "MOMMY, I'M SO SORRY FOR KILLING YOU MOMMY!!". mercie_blink.gif

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:51 AM Edited by SeraphimSoldier, 10 November 2009 - 03:54 AM.

I went out with Packie (lol), and we got drunk. So, after that little cutscene, I got inside a taxi, and when I get inside the taxi, it's not 5 secs before I see: "Your friend has been injured." < WTF

The Virus
  • The Virus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:06 PM

The mission where you steal the helicopter from those russian guys, two of them grabbed onto it as I flew away and were hanging there for ages. I lol'd so hard. Wish they would have stayed on all the way to the airport.

agincourtsalute
  • agincourtsalute

Anglo-Celtic

• Members

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

A few weeks ago I took a taxi and when I got to my destination the taxi skided sideways so it dumped me out with traffic coming towards me and the cab behind me in a split second a car hit me fast crushing me between it and the taxi killing me, I had had full health and armour as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users