Fallout 3

4,410 replies to this topic
SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Oct 30 2008, 18:05)
The older Fallout games are outdated and honestly they now suck. I replayed Fallout II to get me hyped up for this game. I stoped 20 minutes in because I got f*cking bored at a game I thoroughly enjoyed a few years back.

Oh, and its not and FPS, so stop complaining that the shooting mechanics aren't all that great. Its not the main focus of the game.
I'm getting this today; there's gonna be some heavy duty gaming going on over here.

@SaintJimmy, are there not 4 earlier Fallout games? Fallout, Fallout II, Fallout: Tactics and Fallout: Brotherhood of steel?

I like to pretend that Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel never existed, frankly.

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:44 AM

Anyone on 360 getting some pretty rough crash bugs? The game locked up on me three times since I got it at midnight launch. Worried it's my 360, which would really blow if it craps out on me when I've been having the most fun with it since Call of Duty 4 came out.

RockstarFan
  • RockstarFan

The Mean Bean

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:49 PM Edited by RockstarFan, 31 October 2008 - 02:06 PM.

this game kicks some serious ass!

I've been playing it for about 4 hours and it definitely lives up to the hype!
I absolutely love the atmosphere and the exploration. Looks like I'll waste many hours away on this game biggrin.gif

crazymodder
  • crazymodder

Do Ya Thang

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

i found the recommended specs for this game:

Intel Core 2 Duo processor
512MB of video card (8800 series or 3800 series and better)
2GB RAM
10GB free HDD space (kinda something)

Machida
  • Machida

Send in the cows

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (AlianAnt @ Oct 31 2008, 07:44)
Anyone on 360 getting some pretty rough crash bugs? The game locked up on me three times since I got it at midnight launch. Worried it's my 360, which would really blow if it craps out on me when I've been having the most fun with it since Call of Duty 4 came out.

There was no way I was going to buy this game for the 360. Itís huge, crashes are bound to happen.

How are folk levelling up? Whatís the preferred attributes and skills and such?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Machida @ Oct 31 2008, 07:33)

There was no way I was going to buy this game for the 360. Itís huge, crashes are bound to happen.

I've decided to max out my intelligence, therefore increasing how many skill points I get when I level up, then using perks like Swift Learner to level faster. Left the strength fairly low in favor of endurance, kept perception low, and boosted agility a bit. Kept luck at 5.

Skill points are going to talking and bartering, small weapons, lockpicking.

We'll see how that goes.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:20 PM Edited by baptiste, 31 October 2008 - 06:22 PM.

QUOTE (Otter @ Oct 31 2008, 16:17)
QUOTE (Machida @ Oct 31 2008, 07:33)

I've decided to max out my intelligence, therefore increasing how many skill points I get when I level up, then using perks like Swift Learner to level faster. Left the strength fairly low in favor of endurance, kept perception low, and boosted agility a bit. Kept luck at 5.

Skill points are going to talking and bartering, small weapons, lockpicking.

We'll see how that goes.

Its all about guns over here. icon14.gif I put a good strenght, good perception and decent agility. Left luck and charisma at 5 as well.

Anyway, this game is awesome, I f*cking love it? The graphics are beautiful and the sound is excellent. I have a couple of complaints but they are small compared to the vast awesomeness that is this game.

@Saintjimmy, I understand. Brotherhood of steel was... whatsthat.gif .

Mr.Ruthless
  • Mr.Ruthless

Comedian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

Just started to play. It looks like I'm already addicted. My strength and charisma is 7, endurance and perception is 6, intelligence and agility is 4.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

Dang im only level 6 biggrin.gif Though I have already got a minigun, Flamerthrower, Fat Boy etc.
I like the big guns biggrin.gif

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:21 AM Edited by SaintJimmy, 01 November 2008 - 02:17 AM.

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Nov 1 2008, 06:30)
Dang im only level 6 biggrin.gif Though I have already got a minigun, Flamerthrower, Fat Boy etc.
I like the big guns biggrin.gif

Well as far as Tactics was concerned, nothing beat-ed (My vocabulary is failing this morning) the 12gauge wink.gif

BTW; in about 5 minutes I'm heading down to my local Game store to pick up my pre-order. I watched about 2 game play videos to hype myself up for it but no more...I wish not to spoil my game play. CANT WAIT!

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:21 AM

Heres what the game looks like on Ultra High with AA at 8X and AF at 15, running oin the resolution pf 1920X1080
Backgound blury due to the slowmotion seequence

56K warning (Does anyone even have 56k anymore ?)

user posted imageuser posted image

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:26 AM

How do I rotate the camera to see my guy from the front?

Also I'm abit stuck:
You know when you go in tranquility lane, I cant figure out how to break up the couple and I cant figure out how to access the hidden terminal in the abandoned house. I know it has something to do with the object that make music notes but I cant figure out the right combination.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Nov 1 2008, 07:26)

Also I'm abit stuck:
You know when you go in tranquility lane, I cant figure out how to break up the couple and I cant figure out how to access the hidden terminal in the abandoned house. I know it has something to do with the object that make music notes but I cant figure out the right combination.

Radio, Pitcher, Gnome, Pitcher, Block, Gnome, Bottle.
That is the code.

And does anyone know where to get the power armor training? i talked to elder lyons and he said ok and told me to go to Gunny but i can't f*cking find him

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (The General. @ Nov 1 2008, 17:44)

Also I'm abit stuck:

That is the code.

And does anyone know where to get the power armor training? i talked to elder lyons and he said ok and told me to go to Gunny but i can't f*cking find him

He's in the very same courtyard. Blond dude with l33t armor (power armor, duh) just talk to him.

RMT
  • RMT

Grr

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

Anyone on the 360 (probably PS3 too) find the diagonal movement a bit laggy? Also any tips for ammo? seem to always run out at the worst possible moment. Despite buying all I can find and scavenging.

johnnyk
  • johnnyk

Johnny kazuki

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

Is this game bigger then oblivion? im just about to buy and was just wandering.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (johnnyk @ Nov 1 2008, 17:32)
Is this game bigger then oblivion? im just about to buy and was just wandering.

i don't really think it is but it has much more depth than oblivion - that's for sure.

Mr.Ruthless
  • Mr.Ruthless

Comedian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:48 PM

Can someone please tell me the password to access The Overseer's computer? I didn't kill him.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Ruthless @ Nov 1 2008, 18:48)
Can someone please tell me the password to access The Overseer's computer? I didn't kill him.

say to him that you will hurt his daughter and he will hand it over

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (The General. @ Nov 1 2008, 14:44)

Also I'm abit stuck:

That is the code.

Ah, thanks for that my good man. Out of curiosity, how are you supposed to figure that out? Guess it?

I also went back to the vault after Amata's distress signal, I killed the overseer and those assholes didn't want me in the vault anymore. So I killed them all, it was actually pretty cool prowling around with a minigun and spraying at everything. The panic of the people inside was awesome. They were trying to hide. I killed them all, security, rebels, I don't make a difference.

The journey inside vault 112 was...disconcerting. It was nice though.
I'm currently doing that mission for those kids in the caves where you're supposed to access Vault 87. How far in the main storyline is that?

And I wonder, when you finish the game, does it stay open world like GTA? Or just finishes?

Mr.Ruthless
  • Mr.Ruthless

Comedian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Nov 1 2008, 21:07)
QUOTE (Mr.Ruthless @ Nov 1 2008, 18:48)

say to him that you will hurt his daughter and he will hand it over

I'm not such a bastard.
She's cute, I hope she appears later in the game too.

RockstarFan
  • RockstarFan

The Mean Bean

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

I just got attacked by some dudes called Regulators, they said they had a bounty on my head for all the evil things I did. Pretty cool Stuff like this that makes this game awesome biggrin.gif

oh its not a story spoiler or anything. I just put it in tags so some gamers there can discover for themselves.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:54 PM

Got the Game limited edition with the figurine, wanted the collectors edition, but oh well. I'm really addicted to it, it's an amazing game. Plus it's fun to be an evil c*nt aswell.

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Opiteilsm @ Nov 1 2008, 21:54)
Got the Game limited edition with the figurine, wanted the collectors edition, but oh well. I'm really addicted to it, it's an amazing game. Plus it's fun to be an evil c*nt aswell.

I might get it if it comes with the figurine...

How would you guys rate the game out of 10?

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:58 PM

I f*cking LOVE this game.
I've killed Tenpenny, Mr Burke, the Sheriff......and I'm f*cking loving it.
I love using the sheriff's outfit whilst doing some VATS moves with a hunting rifle. Feelin' like some serious Clint Eastwood over here.

Oh, and I got what was called the Bonus Edition. Came with a big BOS Figurine, a PipBoy Keyring, a 'mini strategy guide' (for the first missions in the vault), and a soundtrack.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:01 PM

This is a definate 9.9/10 its the BEST GAME EVER!

RockstarFan
  • RockstarFan

The Mean Bean

• Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:04 PM Edited by RockstarFan, 01 November 2008 - 11:41 PM.

I'm kinda stuck haha. On the main quest. Rescue from Paradise. I got the terminal connected via the power box and the kids ran off and told me that Penny wont go and I have to persuade her. For her to leave I have to release Rory McLaren from the restoration box...now heres the question...How the f*ck do I do that? It says I need a key. I looked pretty much everywhere and I cant find no goddamn key. Please help guys, its been doing my head in for the past hour or so.

EDIT: Ignore the post guys, found it.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:17 PM

Just got my copy today plus the hard back stratergy guide, going to embrace, this game in the morning. but not sure im going to like it ive heard its like oblivion and i f*cking hated that game with vengance.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:30 AM

Well I just beat the game. I f*cking die because i was to good of a person and killed myself for the waste land, f*ck!!!!

There are suppose to be more then one ending thou. So your might be different.

Mike Tequeli
  • Mike Tequeli

American non-Voter at Heart

• The Connection

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Oct 30 2008, 17:21)
Moncai, I've got an 8800 GTS, and I get a solid 30-40 fps on ultra high.  It's not that demanding a game, despite the looks of it.

I have the same card, is there any noticeable difference between High and Ultra performance wise? I prefer performance but I'd love to run it on full.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users