» «
Photo

Fallout 3

4,410 replies to this topic
flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:32 PM Edited by flitcroft101, 28 October 2008 - 04:48 PM.

user posted image
Official web page: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/
Publisher: Bethesda Game Studios
Developer: Bethesda Softworks
Genre: RPG
Release date: Fall 2008
Story/Description:
Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

Key Features:
Limitless Freedom! – Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! – Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation – the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
Fantastic New Views! – The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
The Power of Choice! – Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
Blast ‘Em Away With V.A.T.S.! – Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation.
Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! – At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America’s First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
Eye-Popping Prettiness!* – Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant’s face.

Multiplayer: No, Fallout 3 is a single-player game only.
System requirements: N/A
Protection: N/A
Multilanguage: N/A
Screenshots: http://media.pc.ign....806/imgs_1.html
Trailer: http://fallout.beths...ser/teaser.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E3 Gameplay Video: http://www.gametrail...ayer/36197.html

still watching it atm so I can't really say much but so far it looks pretty good

Brand New E3 Trailer: http://www.gametrail.../36202.html?r=1

looks sweet

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

That marching music in the game is really awesome when you kill people

TheTank
  • TheTank

Yardie

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Jul 15 2008, 01:00)
That marching music in the game is really awesome when you kill people

Hahah lol.gif

They've truly changed the gameplay completely, but it's good they've kept the black humor/still rude theme in their games cool.gif

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

Jesus christ it looks terrible. sad.gif

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Trows @ Jul 15 2008, 11:47)

just gotta pretend it's not a game in the fallout series =/

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Trows @ Jul 15 2008, 12:47)

Yep. Not buying this. Coupled with this it's enough to make me easily sidestep this one.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

I like how half the people who are angry at the Fallout devs are the same people who played and enjoyed Oblivion even though it was pretty terribad and "dumbed down" for console gamers compared to the likes of Morrowind.

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:36 AM

Exactly, Fallout III looks like it's just going to be another one of those extremely dumbed down compared to it's predecessors games.

Trows glares at Bioshock and Oblivion

Edit: Plus... switching between first and third person a 'key feature'?
Get the f*ck out of here.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:17 AM

I think it looks good, sure this is coming from someone who hated Fallout1 and 2's gameplay mechanics but loved the post-apocalyptic 50's style future with the black humour and whatnot. I think its good that it isn't simply some FPS version and they have tried to offer something different that is entirely up to the player.

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:13 AM

Haven't played the previous games, so I cant really compare this to them. But from what I've seen it looks pretty promising. Just have to watch a few more reviews and vids before I decide to get it though.

Would of I had to play the previous games to make sense of this? Might be hard to answer since nobody has played it. Just wondering if its like TES, same system etc, but new story with a few connections.

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Kraxxuz @ Jul 16 2008, 20:13)
Haven't played the previous games, so I cant really compare this to them. But from what I've seen it looks pretty promising. Just have to watch a few more reviews and vids before I decide to get it though.

Would of I had to play the previous games to make sense of this? Might be hard to answer since nobody has played it. Just wondering if its like TES, same system etc, but new story with a few connections.

It's completely different compared to the first two games.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:33 AM

I think you'll be better off not playing the old ones if you intend to get this.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:15 AM

You should play the old games, they are absolutely amazing BUT do not think of Fallout 3 is the next in the series or else you'll end up hurting, lol.

Just imagine it as Stalker clone #23242

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:54 AM

The trouble is, as a stand alone game, it just looks bland as hell.

The manual combat looks really really bad, the features they're hyping up are not really that exciting at all.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

The trailer made me go holy sh*t but the gameplay vids are pretty bland confused.gif they keep showing off that sh*tty rocket launcher and that one tiny area.

I'm 100% sure it's going to be another game like Bioshock/Oblivion, fun for the first few hours and then just boring and repetitive but if it's better than stalker then i'll be happy.

Statutory Ray
  • Statutory Ray

I'm a New World Samurai, and a Redneck Nonetheless

• Members

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

The combat looks horrible, but until we get a look at the core gameplay elements, we'll never know how the game turns out.

Combat was never that big in Fallout. You never actually had to kill anybody, at least not with your own hands. I'm hoping Fallout 3 is the same, not just some huge "blow sh*t up and dismember people" gorefest that they're trying to pass it off as.

original gangster
  • original gangster

Perfectly cromulent.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

Honestly? It's not as bad as I thought it'd be.

I mean, I like quite a few things they're doing. When I first heard they were putting in mini-games for things like lockpicking I was worried they were going to do the same thing as Oblivion: you could pick the hardest of locks with an extremely low lock picking stat. They've actually changed that though so there's a skill check before you can try lockpicking or hacking, and the mini-games themselves make more sense. If they actually manage to make it so these mini-games don't get tedious after a while like they do in every other game - decryption "push the buttons" mini-game in Mass Effect, f*ck you especially - kudos to them.

Environments looks great. This is one of Bethesda's stronger points so I'm not surprised, and they have shown in Morrowind and Shivering Isles that they can make interesting and varied landscapes so there's hope it won't be repetitive.

Combat... looks pretty meh. It seems like they didn't know what to go with: real-time or turn-based, so they're trying to merge them both together... and I'm not sure how that's going to work. It's something that you need to play to have a proper verdict on, but so far it doesn't look so good. The thing is, like Statutory Ray said, combat was never that big in past Fallouts; It was important, but the dialogue and quest choices were moreso. So I want to see the dialogue, and I want to see some examples of questlines with good choices. Bethesda has promised that they've kept to this - even saying that there's 40,000 lines of dialogue - so that gives some hope in those areas. I really wish they showed some during the gameplay trailer because we've seen enough of the combat. The screenshots are pretty much dominated by it.

Well, that post came out pretty long. To put it basically: I've still got hope for it. It's definitely not what Fallout 3 should've been, but it can still be a good sequel. Can. Whether or not it will be, time will tell. I don't think it's fair to claim it to be "Oblivion with guns" just yet because we still know little about some of the main gameplay elements.

On an added note I wish they'd stop hyping up the f*cking gore so much. You'd think it was the only thing that mattered.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (original gangster @ Jul 18 2008, 22:50)
On an added note I wish they'd stop hyping up the f*cking gore so much. You'd think it was the only thing that mattered.

Todd Howard seems a bit like a child, he's been going on about the bloody mess perk ever since they bought the IP..

I think the environment seems like it'll be the biggest downer. The concept art looked nice, it looked a bit 'barter town' and 'den', at least some of it.. But some again hinted at this grey blandness.

Fallout isn't grey, it's desert. It's Mad Max coupled with crazy 50's pulp. This looks like Gears of War with crazy 50's pulp. I guess it was bound to happen when they chose such a silly location for it too..

JamesHarris135
  • JamesHarris135

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

• Members

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:37 PM

just been looking around the games for windows site and i came across this. it would seem that Fallout 3 (pc) is Live enabled, meaning you can get achievements on a live account. add players mods and a cheaper retail price and it looks like i may be getting the PC version.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

bump because the game is released

anybody played it yet? going to pick it up soon.

Statutory Ray
  • Statutory Ray

I'm a New World Samurai, and a Redneck Nonetheless

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

It kicks ass.

All you need to know.

Warplay3r
  • Warplay3r

I compose art like the ghost of Mozart

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:47 PM

I've been playing the last few hours. God, this game does kick ass. the only thing I don't like is the third person view, it just...looks really terrible and feels clunky. Otherwise, it's awesome. icon14.gif

Master of Pain.
  • Master of Pain.

Somewhere I Belong

• Members

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

I got the mini guide, it's not really much at all. The ad also said the mini guide had a coupon to bring the regular guide down from $20 to $10. I figured I'd come back and get that if I decided to get it, but when I got home and looked at the coupon, it just says 25% off the guide. Not sure how that works.

I just got out of the vault. I have no idea where to go. The first time I turned right and ran into some giant scorpion thing and got owned. I reloaded and went left, found some houses with stuff inside the mailboxes. Just entered into some school and then quit since I have to get up for work in a few hrs.

I like it so far. VATS is pretty cool. My only gripe so far is I wish the writing on the pip boy was bigger since I sit pretty far back from TV, it's kind of hard to read.

Also digging the patriotic music on the Enclave radio station.

Machida
  • Machida

Send in the cows

• Members

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Statutory Ray @ Oct 28 2008, 19:29)
It kicks ass.

All you need to know.

That’s all I need to know.

I pre-ordered this game a while back having never played the first two. Absolutely no idea what to expect but the concept is something I really like and from what I’ve seen so far it looks fairly well executed. I’ve seen some of the official trailers with the voice over from Todd >insert surname here< and he’s everything I expected and want a game designer to be. A big nerdy 30 something kid who laughs at his own jokes! How can you go wrong with a big nerdy 30 something kid?… who laughs at his own jokes!!

Answer. You can’t.

RockstarFan
  • RockstarFan

The Mean Bean

• Members

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

I have been waiting for this since it was announced. I loved Oblivion so I hope Bethesda did something great with this game. I've never played the 1st two games so it should be a fresh start. I read a couple of reviews and this game seems to be praised so I pre-ordered my copy earlier in the week. Hope it arrives tomorrow biggrin.gif.

Kalasinn
  • Kalasinn

Zomb Thatch™

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Warplay3r @ Oct 28 2008, 21:47)
I've been playing the last few hours. God, this game does kick ass. the only thing I don't like is the third person view, it just...looks really terrible and feels clunky. Otherwise, it's awesome. icon14.gif

Can you take everything off dead enemies bodies like in Oblivion? Such as armour and weapons?

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Kalasinn @ Oct 29 2008, 16:07)
I've been playing the last few hours. God, this game does kick ass. the only thing I don't like is the third person view, it just...looks really terrible and feels clunky. Otherwise, it's awesome.  icon14.gif

Can you take everything off dead enemies bodies like in Oblivion? Such as armour and weapons?

yup it's pretty much the same as oblivion but with a new setting a new story

Kalasinn
  • Kalasinn

Zomb Thatch™

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Oct 29 2008, 17:25)
QUOTE (Kalasinn @ Oct 29 2008, 16:07)
I've been playing the last few hours. God, this game does kick ass. the only thing I don't like is the third person view, it just...looks really terrible and feels clunky. Otherwise, it's awesome.  icon14.gif

yup it's pretty much the same as oblivion but with a new setting a new story

That's awesome, I hope Microsoft hurries up with fixing my 360 so i can play it asap. I can't wait to blow up Megaton.

Master of Pain.
  • Master of Pain.

Somewhere I Belong

• Members

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

I actually wandered to about 4 different locations before I found Megaton, which I found right before I quit.

Blowing fools up with grenades is so satisfying. At one raider spot, I found 5 or 6 raiders clustered around beating a guy with nail boards, and I discovered them from a ledge about 25 feet above them so they didn't see me. At first, I killed them all individually to save the guy but then it turned out the guy that they were beating up was also a raider (wtf?) so I reloaded and threw a nade into the middle of them and blew the crap out of all of them at once. So sick.

So far I've got: 10m pistol, hunting rifle, 10m submachine gun, sawed off shotgun

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

This game kicks severe amounts of ass.

This is how it looks on Medium.

user posted imageuser posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users