Photo

Best PlayStation 3 Exclusive

138 replies to this topic
YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

Obviously. You're going to have to play the other ones first and then play the latest one to enjoy the story. Yes, story, not gameplay, story. Isn't that common for a lot of things that include a story?

What pisses me off is you calling it a film. And saying it's "f*cking gay". Because there is a lot of gameplay in it. There is actually five different settings you play in the game.

The fact that you feel insulted just proves my point, you liked it because you were a fan, only fans can properly enjoy the game. It's stupid.

This makes you look really stupid. My cousin, who has never played any of the MGS games. Was absolutly amazed at four. The graphics, the gameplay, the environments, and the guns.

Next time, don't be pathetic and bitch like that. Know what you're talking about.

Rick88
  • Rick88

"Who is Atlas?"...

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (YourNeighborhoodKiller @ Aug 26 2008, 08:56)
Obviously. You're going to have to play the other ones first and then play the latest one to enjoy the story. Yes, story, not gameplay, story. Isn't that common for a lot of things that include a story?

What pisses me off is you calling it a film. And saying it's "f*cking gay". Because there is a lot of gameplay in it. There is actually five different settings you play in the game.

The fact that you feel insulted just proves my point, you liked it because you were a fan, only fans can properly enjoy the game. It's stupid.

This makes you look really stupid. My cousin, who has never played any of the MGS games. Was absolutly amazed at four. The graphics, the gameplay, the environments, and the guns.

Next time, don't be pathetic and bitch like that. Know what you're talking about.

I agree, I've seen a lot of people buy MGS 4 even though they haven't played the first 3. They admit that they don't know what the hell is going on, but they also admit that the gameplay is epic and very fun and entertaining. The game might have long cutscenes, but it more than makes it for it with the gameplay. The online portion is pretty fun as well.

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Aug 26 2008, 04:36)
QUOTE (YourNeighborhoodKiller @ Aug 26 2008, 00:58)
QUOTE (baptiste @ Aug 25 2008, 21:43)
QUOTE (Hart @ Aug 25 2008, 21:11)
QUOTE (Panz @ Aug 25 2008, 22:05)
I don't think MGS4 deserves it.
It wasn't that great of a game. It was quite boring, actually.

But, it's still the best one I can think of.

Can I ask, have you played all the others? Cause it may be boring to newcomers, but its epic and emotional to long time fans.

So what? People who haven't played the earlier games dont enjoy it? That's a pretty small audience and a pretty sh*t way to try and make profit. their lucky they had the hype because had people knew it was a f*cking film nobody except you uber MGS fans would have gotten it.

You're an idiot. Just because you're not a fan, doesn't give you the right to call it a "film". I take you haven't even played the game yourself, because if you did, you would have realized that it has plenty of gameplay to back it up. Hell, give me a game with that long of cut-scenes. You have none, and that's what makes MGS4 so special from other original games.

No I haven't played the earlier ones and I barely played this one. But I picked up the game and played for 20 minutes, and actually played 2 minutes. That's just f*cking gay. The fact that you feel insulted just proves my point, you liked it because you were a fan, only fans can properly enjoy the game. It's stupid.

Anybody should be able to pick up a video game of a genre he likes and enjoy it. If there ever is an MGS5, I can promise you all the average gamers that got just 4 will just drop it.

I agree.
I even downloaded that database to try and understand the story better.

It's just that when you do get the chance to play, the gameplay is alright, sure. But, it's still boring. And don't get me wrong, stealth is my forte, but it just didn't catch my attention and make me love it like other games do.

I like MGS4, but I don't love it. I'm not trying to bash the game guys, but I do agree that almost requiring you to play the old games just to understand one last game really pisses me off.
It's a good way to make money though..... notify.gif

boothy
  • boothy

I'm reforming. See you in some other user name...

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:11 PM

warhawk

even though its annoying as hell, its not the games fault, its the twats that play it, if they would stop grenading at every given moment and stop fireing giant missiles at lone troops i'd play it more often

original gangster
  • original gangster

Perfectly cromulent.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Panz @ Aug 26 2008, 17:07)
I like MGS4, but I don't love it. I'm not trying to bash the game guys, but I do agree that almost requiring you to play the old games just to understand one last game really pisses me off.

Oh, come on. It's the last game that wraps up everything in a heavily story-focused - and convoluted - series... did you expect to understand everything if you didn't know anything about the others games?

Also, what's wrong with them making a game for the fans? Isn't that what they, y'know, SHOULD be doing?

Machida
  • Machida

Send in the cows

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (original gangster @ Aug 26 2008, 16:13)

Oh, come on. It's the last game that wraps up everything in a heavily story-focused - and convoluted - series... did you expect to understand everything if you didn't know anything about the others games?

Also, what's wrong with them making a game for the fans? Isn't that what they, y'know, SHOULD be doing?

I'm not sure you could say it was a game for the "fans". It was a game for Metal Gear Soild the series, and it was definitely a game for Hideo Kojima, but as a "fan" I would have liked to have had a little more controll in the major events, rather than have to sit and watch them play out while twiddling me thumbs.

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (original gangster @ Aug 26 2008, 12:13)

I played the second game, and I also downloaded the database off PSN which has helped me a bunch with the storyline.

Sure, they should make a game for the fans, but it would be nice if they at least had an option to show you a summary of what happened in the past games so MGS got an even larger fanbase.
My biggest gripe is MGO. It's the opposite of fun. The SP is quite cool, though.

original gangster
  • original gangster

Perfectly cromulent.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Machida @ Aug 26 2008, 17:24)
...I would have liked to have had a little more controll in the major events, rather than have to sit and watch them play out while twiddling me thumbs.

That's an interesting thing you bring up, actually. I think more games should give you control over major storyline choices - I mean, that's what games are all about aren't they? Having different choices and ways of playing through the game. It can range from small things like which gun or car you use to bigger things like changing how the storyline unfolds. You tend to see major choices that can effect the storyline in a lot of RPGs, and I see no reason why it shouldn't happen in other games - hell, GTAIV has tried it with choosing to let some characters live or die and an even bigger choice later on. It'd be interesting to see a game that went the extra 10 miles and gave you complete choice over every bit of the storyline and where it goes... I can understand it being hardwork to make it happen, but damn, I'd love that.

I can of course appreciate when a linear storyline works best for what the creators are trying to do, and that's just the way it is with MGS and Kojima. You shouldn't expect to have a choice over who dies and whatnot in these games.

I'm not sure you could say it was a game for the "fans". It was a game for Metal Gear Soild the series, and it was definitely a game for Hideo Kojima,

Oh, I wasn't saying that it was a game solely made for the fans. I just think it's pretty idiotic to say that they shouldn't make games with the fans in mind. And in the way of bringing closure to a story that people have been following for a long time now, it is a game for the fans.

@Panz: Haven't they tried to do that with optional flashbacks during the cut-scenes? I haven't played it myself so I don't know how it works.

Can I just add: I don't find the MGS storyline to be perfect (MGS2 convoluted the storyline way too much, and yes I do understand what's going on) and I've yet to actually play MGS4.

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

It does do flashbacks, but I think they're only good use to a fan who has played the previous games. It would be nice if they had something at the main menu...A summary of all the past games just so you can understand what's going on better.

MGS4 is beautiful, though. Amazing graphics. It has a lot of amazing features, too.
I just wish it would be easier for people to pick up, play, and enjoy.

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (boothy @ Aug 26 2008, 16:11)
warhawk

even though its annoying as hell, its not the games fault, its the twats that play it, if they would stop grenading at every given moment and stop fireing giant missiles at lone troops i'd play it more often

Likewise, but I've sold it now.

TheFMC
  • TheFMC

PlayStation 3 Exclusive

• Members

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

I haven't played Warhawk is it really that good?

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

Heavy Rain cause it'll be real serious game.

TheFMC
  • TheFMC

PlayStation 3 Exclusive

• Members

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:27 AM

Socom Confrontation is up on the list too.

TheFMC
  • TheFMC

PlayStation 3 Exclusive

• Members

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

New games, New chance to be in. LittleBigPlanet is my vote.

neo92boi
  • neo92boi

Agent is still coming to PS4....

• Members

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

OH BOY!

Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted: Drakes Fotune
Little Big Planet
And most likely the throne taker!

KILL ZONE 2

Drag_Drift
  • Drag_Drift

I'll rape you with a broomstick.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:02 AM Edited by Drag_Drift, 28 October 2008 - 01:58 AM.

QUOTE (02134 @ Jul 14 2008, 22:24)
<snip>MGS is for everyone.

LOL. I'm an avid MGS fan, as in I compete in tourneys in MGO here, and I just couldn't agree with that. MGS4 has too deep of a storyline and too immersive gameplay and too complex characters. I don't see how MGS4 can be for the little kids. There's blood and gore too.

All accept that MGS4 is the best PS3 exclusive currently. Uncharted and Final Fantasy can't dethrone it. But maybe Gran Turismo 5 or Fallout or Killzone may do better. I don't know. We'll see.

asimov
  • asimov

up Debts!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Jul 15 2008, 15:10)
In short, and confusing terms, business is killing the business.

No sh*t, Sony and Microsoft wouldn't lose anything by allowing their consoles to play online against one another, if anything the networks would promote a bigger fanbase.

I would say either GT 5 or MGS4, can't decide.

TheFMC
  • TheFMC

PlayStation 3 Exclusive

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:54 PM

Well theres a few games coming out next year that might dethrone MGS4

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:22 AM

I thinks it would have to be Little Big Plant for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users