Photo

Roman's Goddamn Driver

36 replies to this topic
marsh90
  • marsh90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:02 AM

When you call up Roman's taxi and theres that jackass driving who continually roasts you about not paying for the ride, how annoying is he?!?!?
I wish you could complain to Roman about him and get him fired for someone else! What happens if you kill him? Does he come back alive?
Also at the start of the game when Roman has the crappy taxi I notice that peds sometimes get in it and drive off. Are they people that work for him or are they just nabbing his taxi?

SentinelXS
  • SentinelXS

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (marsh90 @ Jul 12 2008, 22:02)
When you call up Roman's taxi and theres that jackass driving who continually roasts you about not paying for the ride, how annoying is he?!?!?
I wish you could complain to Roman about him and get him fired for someone else! What happens if you kill him? Does he come back alive?
Also at the start of the game when Roman has the crappy taxi I notice that peds sometimes get in it and drive off. Are they people that work for him or are they just nabbing his taxi?

I have killed that guy every single time he has taken me somewhere and I wasn't involved in a mission or something important where I didn't care about a potential wanted level (also on my gamesave that I have used cheats)

as for the second part of ur ? - if you actually go into the cab depot and take one of those black cars it is not a "Roman's Taxi" - it simply reads "Esperanto" when you get in and it is not his taxi...just the reg car painted black. doesn't have the red seats or the stickers on the rear or red dot in the grille. it's still a pretty decent find though b/c i don't think you can pay-n-spray the reg esperanto black...i personally don't like that car but if your a fan and wanted a black one there ya go...restart the game and save one at ur safehouse.

-XS

Edit: he will come back to life...well...he will be ur driver again next time if that makes sense

tyguy92
  • tyguy92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:06 AM

I'm not as extreme as the gentleman who wrote before me, I prefer a more sophisticated route of action which includes my wingtip and his ass... tounge.gif

suck it up buttercup
  • suck it up buttercup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:10 PM

Really? I enjoy his witty banter; it is a lovely comedy banquet bestowed upon Niko as he enjoys his cousin's public transport offering.

Suki007
  • Suki007

GTA Lady

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (suck it up buttercup @ Jul 13 2008, 13:10)
Really? I enjoy his witty banter; it is a lovely comedy banquet bestowed upon Niko as he enjoys his cousin's public transport offering.

I enjoy his little rants as well! I love it when Niko just replies with a "you're a charming guy, you know that?"

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

I laugh each time he says, "get in head dick" its the funniest thing in the game.

Benfolio
  • Benfolio

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

I was so depressed when he ran out of dialogue that I stopped taking his taxi rides. sad.gif

VerminousUser
  • VerminousUser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:26 PM

this is where the normal customers pay, u head dick!!

TopHat01
  • TopHat01

Public Enemy #1

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:10 AM

I have yet try an steal his SUV (once he begins driving it). I think that's the only car (and the regular taxis) that you get a First-Person inside view of the car.

I take it just because it doesn't cost anything. I usually skip the ride if I'm going on a mission.

LAUGH_INSURANCE
  • LAUGH_INSURANCE

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (marsh90 @ Jul 13 2008, 02:02)

I know what you mean. The drivers always slag off Roman that makes Niko angry and sometimes the drivers slag off Niko because the drivers know Niko and Roman are cousins.

I tried to get revenge one time by jacking the c*nt to kill him but their driving side door is always locked. I got the grenade launcher out to blow one of them up and the grenade did a strange corkscrew spin and blew-up a couple of cops instead as they were trying to get past a car while they were in their police car. Getting the cops was just as fantastic.

LAUGH_INSURANCE
  • LAUGH_INSURANCE

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

I wish you can get in any taxi and shoot the driver in the back of the head no matter if they work for Roman or not. I wish we can see that taxi number in the yellow cabs at the back of the front passenger seat. I was hoping it was a number to become a taxi driver to make more cash but it looks like a loads of fives and I tried in and nothing worked. There's a massive poster in the second island with a phone number advertising a suite and I tried that and hoped to get another safe house and that failed. I wondered if that was an Easter Egg.

LAUGH_INSURANCE
  • LAUGH_INSURANCE

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Benfolio @ Jul 13 2008, 16:57)
I was so depressed when he ran out of dialogue that I stopped taking his taxi rides. sad.gif

Never mind. It could have been worse. You could have been hitchhiking and got a ride from Miss Daisy where she was rambling on about her aches and pains through-out the journey and because she drives so slow you would hear more sh*t from her.

GT500Interceptor
  • GT500Interceptor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:59 AM

Love it when Niko asks the driver to change the radio and he replies "maybe you can also make love to my wife". I LOL every time I hear that.

VinnyGouveia
  • VinnyGouveia

Back to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

I always call Packie, get a bomb, then call Roman for the car service and plant the bomb on the taxi. I take some distance and boom.

macorules94
  • macorules94

MACEDONIAN KING

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (dro0001 @ Jul 13 2008, 13:48)
I laugh each time he says, "get in head dick" its the funniest thing in the game.

hey i can understand your sig...

ZGUBO SEM MOJ AK-47 means I LOST MY AK-47

Unkle Dysfunktional
  • Unkle Dysfunktional

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

hes clearly based on the guy from 40 year old virgin. head dick the greatest insult of all time.

AssassinMessenger
  • AssassinMessenger

Your {Name} AssassinMessenger

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

yea roman's driver is a jackass. 1 time i was trying to get a taxi near the irish pub in dukes. he ditched me so i blew up his taxi wit an RPG

Pellypopper
  • Pellypopper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:19 AM

You kidding? The taxi driver was the best. I got a little disappointed after a while when Niko stopped replying back to him and holding a conversation. Still, the guy was hysterical x]

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:22 AM

Everytime I use one of his drivers, I always kill him once I get out of the car, for sitting there talking sh*t to me the whole time.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

This driver is no doubt the funniest thing in this game. So many great moments... "Another free ride for the ugliest bastard in Liberty City. Perfect!" How can you hate him? lol.gif

Yacapo
  • Yacapo

Murloc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

I loved his indian taxi driver lmao

He was always ranting XD

AdvanceTrak RSC
  • AdvanceTrak RSC

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

he comes back if you hop out and kill him and its probably someone jacking the car

AdvanceTrak RSC
  • AdvanceTrak RSC

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Niko was quite funny threw out the game

TommyMan
  • TommyMan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

I don't wanted to fire him, cuz he is funny. Sometimes i laugh when he say's something funny biggrin.gif .

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Is the sky f*cking blue?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Maybe he will return in V. The possibilities are endless!

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

The first time I played GTA IV was basically a long slow process of me going from "Man this game sucks" to "OMG BEST GTA EVAR!" Riding in this asshole's cab and listening to him rant was definitely one of the many things that moved it up a peg in my esteem.

Free_Jonte
  • Free_Jonte

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

The driver always tell me that I have a bad taste of music when I tell him to change the radio station.

wyyan100
  • wyyan100

I love smashing cars

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Yeah, talks about his wife a lot --Get in you free riding dog lover mercie_blink.gif

Sonic-The-Hedgehog
  • Sonic-The-Hedgehog

Quick & 2 Points!

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

He may be annoying, but he has a point for feeding his Family...
He is funny, saying some words that makes me lol for hours...heh...i didn't kill him, but i was in rush & i jacked his ride... lol

Mr.Raspberry Jam
  • Mr.Raspberry Jam

Bringing great joy to a lonely man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

It's probably just me but I always found him quite funny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users