• This topic is locked This topic is locked
235 replies to this topic
CaseD
  • CaseD

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Jul 8 2008, 18:37)
Well you know, even if the topic is true, it's still fun to point out that everybody wants to move here and it's most assuredly American cursing you hear from the non-English speakers. I mean, trust me, you hear "f*ck you motherf*cker" wayyyy more than you'll ever hear "wanker" or "bellend".

We pwn cursing at people, and that makes this the best country in the Universe! Fo reals!

The word 'f*ck' is American now? WTF

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

Without reading any other comments in this thread to keep myself from getting angry, everyone understand that every country has huge pricks that like to run their mouths. As for I, an American, the people I hear being jackasses most are British!

Seriously, in almost every game there's at least two Brits running around using the F-word and pissing everyone off with immature and stupid comments.

But you know what? I know a lot of Brits on GTA too that are cool and fun people and can even joke easily about touchy subjects like the Iraq War and the world's relationship with America.

People, you must understand, it's not their country that makes them annoying or immature, it's their upbringing and personality. Don't blame the flag. I'd much rather fight with you against them than fight against you because you're fighting against me because I'm American and you think I'm an arrogant jerk (which I'm not).

alx-ndr
  • alx-ndr

Ban ends never at never o'clock

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

Americans shud just shut up... they are the rudest most annoying nation in the world. with exceptions obviously, but most of them are.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (CaseD @ Jul 9 2008, 14:26)
QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Jul 8 2008, 18:37)
Well you know, even if the topic is true, it's still fun to point out that everybody wants to move here and it's most assuredly American cursing you hear from the non-English speakers. I mean, trust me, you hear "f*ck you motherf*cker" wayyyy more than you'll ever hear "wanker" or "bellend".

We pwn cursing at people, and that makes this the best country in the Universe! Fo reals!

The word 'f*ck' is American now? WTF

Must I literally encase my posts in <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags?????????

How much more obviously sarcastic can the last line in that post possibly even be?

alx-ndr, maybe we're just rude to you because you're f*cking lame???

Spectarofdeath
  • Spectarofdeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:03 PM

Please, please. It makes them feel better to blame Americans for their sh*tty lives. Please don't take this away from them. Without it they may just suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif . It's funny, was in a game the other day with 2 brits, they teamed up on me, I got into a chopper and started landing on bldgs close to them and sniping the sh*t out of them and all they could do is cuss and say I must be female since I wasn't talking to them. Then some young american kid came in and joined them and the brits tried to say I was the one who started it and that they should all kick me. LOL To all the people from other countries who are trying to defend americans or show the OP that it's people from all nations, Thank you. You restore my faith in the Human race.

FiendishDog
  • FiendishDog

Musical Hobo

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

I'm Greek-American, and I understand. Theres always that one Idiot who acts retarded and is constantly screaming. But there pretty easy to deal with. Mute 'em or Boot 'em I always say wink.gif

robbo1239
  • robbo1239

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

i actually dont mind playing with americans as the ones i have come across have been awesome guys, although are some irritating ones but i have seen more idiots from england particully from up north they are worst! although im sure sum of them are cool lol.

cr416
  • cr416

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

a lot of europeans talk with an american accent (so ive heard) .Something about american accent classes

robbo1239
  • robbo1239

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

haha why tho?

FilthSLUG
  • FilthSLUG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:30 PM

To be honest I've heard a lot more in game sh*t talking from Brits than anyone else.
One particular nasty case was two fellow southerners mouthing off to an Irish kid. Brutal and completely unnecessary.
Embarrassing.

There're morons all over the world... what can you do?

I do agree with OP though, dictating what the settings should be in the lobby like that ain't on... And yes it's mostly American accents I hear doing this but I hear it in other accents too.
Host your own game or find one more agreeable to your liking.

neato9611
  • neato9611

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:01 AM

I am an American gamer, and it too pisses me off when a bunch of idiots give players a hard time (americans are no exception) for really no reason at all.

Lazlo_Panaflex
  • Lazlo_Panaflex

Faggio Death Squad Member

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:57 AM

Oooh, this kind of makes me want to get a mic so I can interject with some Aussie swearing and cursing.

We also speak English but we've bludgeoned it into submission so now it barely resembles anything that has come out of the Auld Land.

Here's an example:

*ahem*

"Ahhh fer faaarks sake! Oi, youse cunce over there. What the faaaark are you drongos playing at. Fair dinkum! Youse can all gaaarn get faaaarked. Shoot me in the faarking back, you faarrking kiddie fiddlers!

Strewth! All this gaming has made me as dry as a nun's nasty. I've been flat out like a lizard drinking. I need some more beeeah!!"

...etc etc and so forth.

Carry on.

vicecitymayor
  • vicecitymayor

AKA dombrfc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:02 AM

As a British guy, I do have to agree with topic creator.

In any game, out of up to 16 people, one guy (always american) will start talking cr*p. He might be saying hows hes so much better than everyone else.

But more often than not, his comments are obscene. Explicit isnt a strong enough word. Fair enough, we will probably then see a British guy say (In vintage style) 'shut up you f***ing w***er'. which starts a war. devil.gif

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:12 AM

You're exaggerating vicecitymayor. Most of the games I play with mic users are fine and most people are pretty chill on the mic. It's a rare few who are assholes, or maybe as I suggested to somebody else, some of you are doing things that piss people off and make them talk smack?

Just saying, it really isn't that bad out there!

Yeoman
  • Yeoman

Demon-Truck Driver

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

I've noticed that alot, but its not just American's, alot of the offenders seem to be British, unfortunately.

I've been in free mode at times, and 1 person will say something, and then some complete idiot will start shouting and tell them to 'please be quiet' - but obviously alot less elloquently.

But of course, twats will be twats and idiots will be idiots.

jizzle8585
  • jizzle8585

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:51 AM

You can't have a few bad apples ruin a country. I have never been called a wanker before i bought this game. When people from the UK are attempting to talk here's what i do. Start making fun of futbol/soccer, that is a for sure way to get them to shut their faces. I tell them the only people that play soccer in the US are little kids and people with disabilities. Seems kinda mean but you gotta fight fire w/fire.

Spectarofdeath
  • Spectarofdeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

Nah, the one american who says f*ck you means all americans are bad. The 10 brits who go off because they can't kill you and start cussing just means they have a legitimate right, esp. if the person who their trying to kill is American (regardless of if the person even talks). But on the other hand, since all Americans get blamed for one idiots rantings, the rest of us may as well do it too since we're getting blamed for it.

EaStSiDe SoUlJa
  • EaStSiDe SoUlJa

Str8 Rider

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (OdDsOcK @ Jul 9 2008, 15:14)
Without reading any other comments in this thread to keep myself from getting angry, everyone understand that every country has huge pricks that like to run their mouths. As for I, an American, the people I hear being jackasses most are British!

Seriously, in almost every game there's at least two Brits running around using the F-word and pissing everyone off with immature and stupid comments.

yea,i can honestly say that ive never met a brit online that isnt talkin trash to everyone,and especially at all tha americans in tha game...

deadmanwalking
  • deadmanwalking

Striving to become Worst level 10 player EVER

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:18 AM

If I could just add my own two cents:

It's not "just americans". Or "Just brits". Or "just aussies". Its everybody in general. I've played everything from Pac Man to poker to games like this. When you can safely hide behind the anonymity of the internet and suffer no real consequences for what you say, it tends to bring out the worst in people. People tend to say things that they would never dare to say in real life, knowing that they'd get their asses kicked on the spot.

And no country, or age, or anything is better or worse than any other. Everybody is equally as guilty.

That being said, there's one thing that some people haven't considered. I'm sure that in at least some cases, the trash talking is actually a strategic way to throw others off their game. I've seen it in poker all the time. You trash talk the guy across from you in hopes he goes on tilt. Maybe he'll get so angry and intent on busting you that he'll make bad plays and call your big raise when you're holding the nuts. I'm sure the same thing happens here, too; I'm sure that some players are just saying what they think will get the most players angry in hopes that it'll throw off their aim. They want you to become so intent on killing trash talker #1 that they don't notice his teammate getting ready to pick him off from behind. Stuff like that.

I'm not saying that this happens all the time, and I'm sure that a large majority of the trash talking is a bunch of adolescents trying to stroke their own ego. But like I said, it's not just one country, or one group. It's everybody. And I don't think any one group is any better or worse with the trash talking than any other. And in a few of those cases, the trash talking is strategic.

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:25 AM

As an englishman, i can say everyones as bad as each other. Just we are all out to agree one contry's worst than each other. But don't blame the flag peopl seriously.

WellsMcK
  • WellsMcK

Mt. Hood

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:17 AM

That's why Xbox Live here in America is so annoying. Because we are annoying. The majority of American Xbox Live players are like 8 years old lol. I love getting lucky and playing with British people. I mean come on it's easier to play when you don't have to listen to annoying people. I wish I could play with just British and Australian people. Also the accent is fricken awesome.

Seeing as I unfortunately can't I have just have to have a large tolerance, and just block everything out. Or I just do a private chat or talk to people with the ingame cellphone.

novasknight2k6
  • novasknight2k6

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (MckMan31 @ Jul 12 2008, 03:17)
That's why Xbox Live here in America is so annoying. Because we are annoying. The majority of American Xbox Live players are like 8 years old lol.

Actually I think the percentage of people under 16 years of age playing video games online is way fewer then 16 and up. Its just that they are young, hve squeaky and high-pitch voices, and most of them do not know how to control their mouth.

Like today i was playing a match on COD4 (it was the 3 vs 3 gametype) and I was stuck with this kid who kept saying repeatedly "Im gangsta...i'm from Compton yo, so i'm gangsta". But I didn't complain because I can easily ignore people.

WellsMcK
  • WellsMcK

Mt. Hood

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (novasknight2k6 @ Jul 11 2008, 21:12)
QUOTE (MckMan31 @ Jul 12 2008, 03:17)
That's why Xbox Live here in America is so annoying. Because we are annoying. The majority of American Xbox Live players are like 8 years old lol.

Actually I think the percentage of people under 16 years of age playing video games online is way fewer then 16 and up. Its just that they are young, hve squeaky and high-pitch voices, and most of them do not know how to control their mouth.

Like today i was playing a match on COD4 (it was the 3 vs 3 gametype) and I was stuck with this kid who kept saying repeatedly "Im gangsta...i'm from Compton yo, so i'm gangsta". But I didn't complain because I can easily ignore people.

Yeah I did exaggerate quite a bit. The ones I only seem to hear are the annoying ones.

Crude
  • Crude

Clans: LCST, Str33t D3m0nz

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:58 AM

lmao yeah usually the only ones I see running their mouths are the 8-14 year old sounding ones. Anything older than that is pretty chill online.

Anyone else think theres more of these damn squeakers online than back in halo2? I remember maybe 5 or so times where this had happened total in my time of playing halo 2, but now they are way too common imo.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (Crude @ Jul 12 2008, 04:58)
lmao yeah usually the only ones I see running their mouths are the 8-14 year old sounding ones. Anything older than that is pretty chill online.

Anyone else think theres more of these damn squeakers online than back in halo2? I remember maybe 5 or so times where this had happened total in my time of playing halo 2, but now they are way too common imo.

Except the hypocrite and immature ones that think that it ISNT annoying too to say a lot of things like "WOW YOU SOUND LIKE AN EIGHT YEAR OLD SHUT UP KID IM OLDER THAN YOU SO SHUT UP" to 10-14 kids that are completely mature, and do not say anu insulting things? Yes, i have run into a lot of people like this.

Catalinaslover
  • Catalinaslover

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (frka @ Jul 8 2008, 17:58)

Americans do trash talk europe, but what they don't know is that the whole world is laughing at them sly.gif

And the GTA series aint a celebration about how amazing USA is either.

Americans on mic=90% immature stupid semi retards who sux and f*ck up on Hangman-Bomb da base and then blame somebody else.

I get a good laugh of there attitude/ego and sucky play, or get annoyed at times.

alx-ndr
  • alx-ndr

Ban ends never at never o'clock

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Catalinaslover @ Jul 12 2008, 14:53)

Americans do trash talk europe, but what they don't know is that the whole world is laughing at them  sly.gif

Americans on mic=90% immature stupid semi retards who sux and f*ck up on Hangman-Bomb da base and then blame somebody else.

I get a good laugh of there attitude/ego and sucky play, or get annoyed at times.

the gta series was started in britain (scotland) by a company called DMA design (rockstar north).

rockstar games is just the publisher, so tbh the majority of people who came up with the idea of GTA aren't american at all.

GTA is british

GTCharged
  • GTCharged

7H3 M4DN355!

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:57 PM Edited by GTCharged, 13 July 2008 - 12:04 AM.

QUOTE (Catalinaslover @ Jul 12 2008, 14:53)

Americans do trash talk europe, but what they don't know is that the whole world is laughing at them   sly.gif

Now, is that directed at every American person that has a mic?

And by the way, I hate being represented by f*cktards that can't use proper english. Half the people in America don't use proper english, and then when they act all "gangsta", not using proper english, they are usually being immature and that's how us americans who are intelligent get knocked by the people in Europe.

To be honest, I f*cking hate America and I'm moving to Ireland in 6 months when I'm 18.

sananoutlaw
  • sananoutlaw

SA player

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:32 AM Edited by sananoutlaw, 13 July 2008 - 02:34 AM.

Mate, to be honest Ireland has it's fair share of sh*theads too. I have no idea why americans are generally obsessed with Ireland (I don't mean you, not having a go). You'll have paramilitaries to put up with (mainly up north - N.I) & 12 yerar old hoodies thinking they're hard.

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (alx-ndr @ Jul 9 2008, 10:19)
Americans shud just shut up... they are the rudest most annoying nation in the world. with exceptions obviously, but most of them are.

Nice job on being a stereotyping, xenophobic f*ckoff.

Gosh damnit I hate you people. You always generalize countries by what their government does. People think we're stupid, arrogant, and dumb and that we love Bush and want oil from Iraq.

WRONG MOTHERf*ckERS. We're a very smart and good-willing people at heart, but it's our goverment, especially the very-hated Bush, that gets us a bad rep. And you shouldn't badmouth a country that gave you lots of very important inventions such as the lightbulb and the harnessing of electricity, airplanes, and the refrigerated trailer (articulated lorry or whatever it's called to you British folk out there. And no I don't think that last one really counts, it's called attempted humor).

Grow up and understand you should not blame a country for meeting a few bad people, because like I said I meet assholes from all over the English-speaking world. America (of course), England, Scotland, Ireland, Canadians, everywhere. It's the people who are assholes, not the population they represent.

Just go spend a week or more immersed in another country and you'll understand. This spring I went on a school-sponsored homestay trip in Mexico. At first I was terrified everyone was going to kick my ass because I know how the world doesn't generally like Americans, but over time I developed a true platonic love for the people I met and they taught me that unity and peace can overcome any barrier, be it religion, politics, geography, or even language, if one tries.

So, for the last f*cking time, STOP STEREOTYPING POPULATIONS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users