» «
Photo

[GTAIV] 100% Review Topic

37 replies to this topic
GTAIV Reviews
  • GTAIV Reviews

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:56 AM Edited by GTAIV Reviews, 15 July 2008 - 06:22 AM.

*SPOILER ALERT/ NO SPOILER TAGS used in this topic.*

user posted image

"Welcome to America!"
"Everyone's a rat!"

"During the war, I did some bad things..."
"I need this for you. A guarantee that you will find this man!"

"The creature that could do this, doesn't have a soul."
"Please, No more killing!"

""You were ice cold, man, you didn't even blink! I like that!''"
"We're all looking for that special someone."

"Life is complicated,"
"Whoever I tell ya to go see, go see'em!"

I killed people, smuggled people, sold people..."

"So you're in, big guy? Or are we gonna have to kill ya? "

April 29th, 2008 was a day burning in many GTA fans hearts and minds since it's initial announcement earlier in the year and set many people on edge as the day drew closer to GTA IV's actual release. Despite a few initial leaks and some technical glitches here and there the game was received by critics and fans alike as a fairly huge success, in a very general sense, the best GTA to date.

When you approach any game review though, (for which you are not being paid on the sly by some 3rd party) you have to give it a personal touch and talk about what it has been to you, first hand.

Most things good, bad and ugly have to come out in your assessment and if your fortunate you'll have less of the latter to report.

Trying to get myself in the proper mindset for writing a GTA review I actually looked back to my 100% Review of San Andreas Topic, now, nearly 4 years back...

QUOTE (San Andreas 100% Review Topic)

Like a fine wine, or an expensive meal there are a few things in life you allocate some time to savor. I spent an hour or so pouring back through all the posts here in recent months and seeing how much we speculated and argued and imagined what San Andreas should or would be and now I guess we come to the obvious question,

After so much unprecedented hype, anticipation and promotion did it live up to our expectations?

I didn't want to weigh in on this, till I saw 100% under Game Progress as I don't think it would be fair to judge something like this until you've seen everything it's had to offer, as opposed to the quick synopsis many a gaming mag will assert after playing a game for a few hours. At the same time, I feel this wasn't an easy question to answer as my enjoyment and disappointments with the game had many layers. So if you'll bare with me, I will attempt to break it down a bit for the reader into a number of categories to give an overall impression. Read On.

Funny how much of the above remains true, as the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it" so we approach things in the same way this go round for the most part, on the other hand many things this time through have been decidedly different, so it's important to note that in our approach with a few more features in this review topic for our readers.

Namely, a Survey section for people who've actually played the game through first hand to add to, the ability to add your own comprehensive review to this topic and for those less inclined to write something in depth, the survey is here to note your favorite and least favorite features of Grand Theft Auto IV and maybe add a tip or two from someone who's actually played through the game.

So, a little something for everyone.

Participation, as always, is encouraged.

Read On.

user posted image

AuthorDate SubmittedPage #
meta187 July, 8th 2008page 1
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -

user posted image

CODE

[list=1][b]
[*]GTAF Member Name:

[*]GTAIV Percentage Complete:

[*]Completed Story?:

[U]Random Favorites[/U]

[*]Fav Television Show:

[*]Fav Commercial:

[*]Fav Website:

[*]Fav Random Pedestrian comment:

[*]Fav Map Location:

[*]Fav/Least Fav Mission:

[*]Fav Social Activity:

[*]Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend:

[*]Fav/Least Fav Friend:

[*]Fav Weapon:  

[*]Fav Clothing Combo:

[*]Fav New Feature:

[*]Fav Interior:

[*]Toughest Moral Choice:

[*]Most Missed Removed Feature:

[U]Vehicles[/U]

[*]Fav Bike:

[*]Fav Sports Car:

[*]Fav 2 Door:

[*]Fav Luxury:

[*]Fav Boat:

[*]Fav Helicopter:

[*]Fav Truck:

[*]Fav Classic:

[*]Fav Vehicle Overall:

[U]Favorite Musical Tracks[/U]

[*]The Beat 102.7:

[*]The Classics 104.1:

[*]ElectroChoc:

[*]Fusion FM:

[*]IF99 - International Funk:

[*]JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5:

[*]The Journey:

[*]K109 The Studio:

[*]LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore:

[*]Liberty Rock Radio 97.8:

[*]Massive B Soundsystem 96.9:

[*]Radio Broker:

[*]San Juan Sounds:

[*]Tuff Gong Radio:

[*]The Vibe 98.8:

[*]Vladivostok FM:

[*]Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment):

[*]PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment):

[*]WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment):

[*]Fav/Least Fav Track Overall:

[*]Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall:

[U]Multiplayer Features[/U]

[*]Fav Team Deathmatch Location:

[*]Fav Race:

[*]Fav Co-Op mission:

[*]Fav MP Game Overall:

[*][U]Subjective Questions[/U]

[*]What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?:

[*]What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?:

[*]What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?:

[*]What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?:

[*]What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?:

[/list][/b]

*If you are having trouble remembering all the details within this game, gta4.net is a solid reference and listing for weapons, vehicles, music and just about any other detail you are trying to recall while filling out this survey.

SubmitterDate SubmittedPage #
meta187 July, 8th 2008page 1
IHEARTGTAIV July, 8th 2008page 1
TheSamurai HoboJuly, 8th 2008page 1
VinnyGouveiaJuly, 8th 2008page 1
gtamodderJuly, 8th 2008page 1
RonnyboyJuly, 9th 2008page 1
BlOoDStReAm101July, 13th 2008page 1
RaptomexJuly, 13th 2008page 1

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:57 AM

user posted image

H omecoming

Since, the announcement that the last Grand Theft Auto was going to be based largely in California, I'd been kind of dreaming of a return to a next gen version of Liberty City. I immediately started spinning my wheels and writing on that very idea in a proposal I'd written earlier this year, GTA TriState, that is now around 4 years in the making. There had been some debate here at the boards and amongst fans in general as to where the next game would take place. London, in particular, seemed to take the lead in speculation, as it seemed suitable in a fashion, to be next in line with the old GTA: London installment all ready having a benchmark in GTA's previous PC continuity.

I'd actually kind of resigned myself to the idea and thought to myself," Oh well..ya know.. The Getaway could have been done much better if Rockstar had taken a swing at it."

So there was a bit of genuine excitement when the words "Liberty City" came into view during GTA IV's debut trailer, earlier this last year.

The way I'd approached the game this time out was entirely different than anytime prior. Usually, I'll spend a day or two roaming about the new "sandbox" seeing where I can go, what I can do, roaming aimlessly, taking it all in. Then I get right down to business and plug away at the game slavishly, cutting off all contact from family and friends till I hit 100%.

Thanks in large part to the games new in-game, Party, free roam feature, I spent my first 10 Days with this game, playing into the wee hours doing stunts, exploring, playing mad scientist with a few select friends and just soaking it in, entirely.

Culturally and as a generation of gamers, typically, your 20 to 30 something set is so dead set on immediate consumption and gratification.

I'm a bit proud to say, I showed restraint, even mixed in some multiplayer, lightly touching on the in-game story missions from time to time, before finally buckling down to do them after hitting Rank 8 on the ranked competitive selections.

We'll touch on a lot of things favorable and a few bits unfavorable within the context of this review but first and foremost, lets just say I've been an official resident of Liberty City since that late day in April and have no plans to say otherwise anytime soon.

user posted image

W hat Works...

So many favorable things have all ready been said in regards to the overall blast you get from taking in these painstakingly created environments, that it's difficult to lavish any praise on this game without sounding redundant, echoing all the other unprecedented slobbery talk of countless other reviews.

But I would simply ask anyone who's played through this game and is maybe now sort of backing off and finding other things to do, to simply get off your bike or step out of your vehicle and look around, I mean seriously, open your eyes.

Nothing around you has not been graced with severe, eye popping detail, nothing around you looks particularly generic.

Take a slow drive on a rainy night through Star Junction, with the multi-colored neon reflecting off the roof of your car and the slick asphalt below. The weather, the time of day, the sounds buzzing from the busy streets seem less of an "effect" and more so a fact of life, here in Liberty. Stroll into a back alley, a project building, a restaurant, an apartment, a construction site, a fast food joint and the devils fully in the details. This is a undeniable benchmark in gaming, a step forward for the genre as a whole.

For any graphical limitations you pick up on, the possibility of a much richer virtual reality, so much more realized, seems right around the corner. The fact that this game is not running on a high end PC with all the fixings, fully frames the fact that we are turning a corner in what our expectations should be from the gaming design community.

For example:

If you damage your vehicle in any way from any direction the crumple is accurately displayed on that part of the vehicle until it's repaired. If you run someone down, 15 minutes later and longer, their bloody stains will still be found on whatever part of your car came in contact with them.

On that tip, the familiar pedestrian on the street with the funny random saying and typical behaviors you've come to expect, now reacts to you fully. If you bump into him, he doesn't typically like it. If he sees you carrying a weapon, he comments or reacts to that. If you point your weapon directly at his face, his eyes go wide and his jaw drops, at which point he fights or flees. If you shoot him, maybe he topples over in a heap and bleeds out all over the concrete or maybe he gets up and staggers away clutching his wound. His body jerks and reacts to wherever you've placed the bullet.

In one particularly funny display, I clipped a random pedestrian in the right shoulder causing him to grab his wound with his left hand. Then I clipped him in the left shoulder causing him to grab that wound with his right hand. This looked very much like an impromptu version of The Macarena.

On another occasion, a poor soul crossing the street ended up on the hood of my shiny black Dukes and rode with me down the street for two city blocks, that is until I broke to the right and sent him careening on to the front grill of an LCPD cruiser in the on coming lane, while I continued to casually roll down the avenue. I did not stop to confirm the details with the officer.

Sadistic?

Probably but it's the little things and possibility of further complex situations emerging from a few simple actions that count towards ridiculous and humorous out comes, which produce sometimes rewarding results that make experimenting all worth while for the tactile player. Pick up and play, baby.

Bottom Line.

Be very thankful for all you've been given you insipid, spoiled brats!

If you're a seasoned gamer, it's occasions like this that remind you, it's a great f*cking time to be alive.

The Pen is Mightier...

It stands to mention that the writing on this installment of GTA is top notch, better than most of the tripe offered from Hollywood these days. The characters, played a bit broad, remain believable, three dimensional and surprisingly human, a little complex and less stereo typical but complicated creatures with their own situations and issues to work out.

Packie, Duane, Roman and Brucie, the friends you hang out with throughout the game are all very different sorts. Your base reason for doing this is to gain some percentage and special assistance later on in the game. But as you hang out with these guys on various activities, playing pool, shooting darts, joy riding, eating out and getting sh*t faced off your arse, they start to reveal a lot of hidden details about their lives, some humorous, others disturbing and sad. So what feels initially like a chore can actually be a viable plot device towards the overall story if you bother to pay attention.

user posted image

The girlfriends have a similar thing going on but I think most of their true personalties and motivations come out during their inebriated state, with the exception of Kate, they all seem fairly vapid and superficial which I'm sure is entirely intentional on Kate's behalf.

And then there's Niko.

You've seen the commercial, the poster, the movie, the breakfast cereal but the man?

Hell, Niko's, The Man.

An entirely likable, charming, witty, little psychopath. He is possibly the most contradiction ridden, complex and tortured soul in the game but he doesn't whine. Niko isn't emo.

He's a dude who's drawn his lines and principles in the sand. He's made some decisions about what he will and won't do for money and has probably made many mistakes along the way defining those parameters. Sometimes the villain, sometimes the hero, he does what's right for him for money or personal vindication and doesn't get too wrapped up in semantics. A lovable monster with a conscience and an entirely believable bit of wrath to back it up.

No, I'm not describing Cookie Monster with a .357 magnum, I'm describing a person who acts and reacts solely on what his gut tells him and is hellbent to tear apart anyone who would bring harm to those he cares for or for those individuals he feels are getting the short end of the stick.

The latter bit is displayed more so in his random pedestrian encounters throughout the game, you get a stronger sense of his ethics and moral reasoning on these little random side missions which are entirely worth doing.

As much as I have used this game as my own personal toybox, it wouldn't have been half of what it was without it's solid script and measured voice acting to back up the whole package. Which, by the way relied so heavily on a celebrity cast list in prior installments now has a simple list of non-notable but effective voice choices. The biggest celebrity names actually seem to appear on the DJ list for the various radio stations which is a nice segway to our next bit.

Quality Media

No Complaints.

There is music that you listen to by preference and personal taste and their is music that matches up really well with a commercial or scene in a movie, a rare selection you might actually let play if you randomly turned the radio dial to it in the car and no one was around to poke fun at you. Rockstar knows the difference and have selected an eclectic variety of stations and sounds to suit any persons needs and expose more conservative listeners to something new. Variety being the spice of life there are some immediate instance that come to mind.

I'm not in any way an avid listener of punk rock music but during ranked races on XBOX LIVE, a majority of the time I find myself listening to LCPR. Maybe that's due to the fact that it's the default station for my favorite vehicle (NRG 900) but it really started to grow on me after repeated play and matches up well with the pace of any competitive race.

I don't think there's any one station that I avoided, all seemed to fit in somewhere within the context of the game. Even the reggaeton station, San Juan Sounds, which usually gets on my last f*cking nerve fit in well with a fast car chase or while escaping the police.

DJ Premier my absolute favorite turn tabliest from the golden age of Hip-Hop and a living legend from the hip-hop duo GangStarr hosting, The Classics 104.1 was direct icing on the cake and locked the New York vibe down to the bolt, along with Nas's exclusive track War is Necessary and Mobb Deep's, Dirty New Yorker.

As far as the talk station's go Lazlow does his thing, kind of lampooning Howard Sterns' anti-climactic move to Sirius Satellite Radio with his own take Integrity 2.0. PLR has some odd fair that you might expect to hear on any given day listening to public radio and WKTT properly frames the ludicrous right-wing agenda to a T. Just or Unjust is simply the best, someone really needed to take the piss from these wack-ass daytime, court shows.

"Your Honor, That woman is crazy!"

I know I've heard that particular line more than once, so they're certainly paying attention to the train wreck that is daytime television.

Additional media includes actual television and internet access. Both are very well developed beyond any of the crappy simulated attempts I've seen in prior games. The television, is sort of a flash style presentation but effective and humorous nonetheless, particularly the Pisswasser Lager commercial and The History of Liberty which is a mock take on Ric Burns' New York, watched that all the way through, while eating my actual dinner one night, entertaining.

You can access the internet in various ways, police cars, apartment laptops and internet cafe, TW@T, which is a nice little nod to GTA IIIs' original internet cafe. The amount of sites are fairly extensive and many interact with things you have to do in the story, in a relevant, applicable way.

Rounding it all out is the handy little, Whiz Wireless cellphone, which allows you to set appointments, call in services and schedule meetings with friends and mission objectives. The ability to customize your ring tones and theme by ordering them off the internet is also very, very cool.

All these devices work together to give you a deeper sense of immersion, helping you to feel that much more connected to everything going on around you, at the same time the sense is instilled that you are in a world that is actually happening with or without your consent and not waiting on pins and needles for your next move.

user posted image

THIS JUST IN... "At the top of the news tonight, in a late breaking story, we find you, the player, engaged in what looks like a photo realistic standoff with the Liberty City Police Department."

Auto Mechanics

The overall Gameplay here feels smooth and fluid, your walking, body language and overall movement with the ground beneath your feet feels tangible. The new Euphoria and RAGE game engine gives just about anything you do in an aggressive manner a touch of genuine satisfaction, though you will notice that your body is just as much a victim of on coming traffic as you are to others. On one mission in particular, Shadow, I was stalking a man through some back alleys following him frantically as he ran, when out of left field a full sized bus drove directly over me, Final Destination style.

This biggest moral lesson this game teaches you is to listen to your mother and look both ways before crossing the street.

The cover system is nice and adaptable but auto-targeting is so dead on that you only rely on it lightly.

When you first start to drive be prepared to crash into things..a lot. The weight and feel of vehicles is a lot more realistic and centered to something that feels and looks good visually but makes you think twice about trying to take a ninety degree turn at 65 miles per hour. I'll reserve all talk about my favorite weapons and vehicles for the survey but suffice it to say you're given more than enough open sky and water to have a good time and a lot of winding streets and rolling hills to test just about any mode of transportation to it's limit.

L ess is More?

Lets face it, the story where the misunderstood loser goes from rags to riches and ends up sipping Mai Tai's by the pool next to a big breasted blond, wearing sun glasses as the credits role, kinda played itself out somewhere back around the mid 90's. It's been openly admitted that in GTAIV there would be a "back to basics" approach an attempt to inject quality over quantity. Not to expand outward to sheer limitless volumes but to focus back to the central theme and function of Grand Theft Auto.

If GTA San Andreas walked away with one discernible and common retrospective criticism, it would be that it tried to be everything to everyone, thus bogging us down with a bunch of added extras that didn't really serve to build the story up but rather seemed like a frantic attempt to add features for the sake of variety and to sate not so well thought out fan requests.

The limitations of the PlayStation 2 at the time only served to exasperbate the creative process and Rockstar were left to hold the bag, cutting even more features at the last minute, putting out a game that probably had not met the full potential of what it could have been. Mind You, I loved it but it's..well it was more like taking home a drop dead, gorgeous chick in a drunken stupor, f*cking her like a chimp only to find out the next morning that she speaks and laughs with an awful whine and always refers to herself in the 3rd person (Carmen, anyone?). Sure you'll call her during a dry spell but you won't be taking her home to ma.

Some have referred to the new design approach on GTAIV as a step towards "minimalism" but I disagree and fully believe a majority of what's been taken out works fully towards focus.

An interview with Sam Houser on the gaming site, 1UP revealed more about the line of thought that went into this.

QUOTE (Houser Interview)

1UP: GTA4 seems like a bit of a harder sell, because players might look at it after playing San Andreas and say, well, you've pruned features. It doesn't have the suburbs, the planes, the working out to build up your character....

SH: When we first started talking about the game, the first map that we were all looking at here...it was f***ing enormous. It was the logical move on from San Andreas. You had the Catskills, the Adirondacks. I'd only been to the Adirondacks once; it took me six hours to get there! It's f***ing miles away. And the more we looked at it, the more we thought, "How are we gonna achieve the level of fidelity?" How are we going to increase the resolution of the experience -- not just the graphics but the experience, the gravity of everything, the weight of every action, the intensity of everything -- if we just go farther and farther out? The more we chatted about that as a group...the more it started to shrink down. The more it became a traditional, what you think of as a "New York City" kind of environment. It was a very conscious thing.

So we wanted to make sure that every single thing that you do, whether it's walking down the street, getting into a pawn shop, using the guns, driving a car or a bike or a boat or a helicopter or whatever -- just general basic interaction -- felt reengineered and reengaged so it feels new for people. Because for me as a consumer, that's what I demand. If I'm going to buy an expensive machine and this beautiful, immersive piece of entertainment, I want to be engaged on levels that I've not had before. And I feel that by going what we flippantly refer to as "back to basics," we were able to really go into each area of the game, each mechanic of the game, each bit that makes up the overall experience, and just crank the absolute life out of it and take everything to that next level that we wanted....

And since then and now, later as we've held the game in our hands a bit, children have cried and nitpicked about all the little things they've been deprived of. I'd say the majority of what has been removed is indeed trivial but a few crucial things do seem "hedged". Now whether or not those things were removed purposely or more so because the game was approaching a deadline and maybe starting to hit a few of the current consoles limitations is a point for debate and speculation, to be sure.

Let's do a quick account of what's been lost and what's been gained, shall we?

Game Features Removed from GTAIV:
QUOTE (chopping block)

* Silencers on Pistols * Stealth kills with melee weapons * Stealth while hiding in shadows to avoid being seen * Dual-wielding handguns/submachine guns * Ammunation * Ammunation Mini challenge or a "Gun Club" prominently advertised at the main IV site * Flamethrower * Rampage side-missions with certain weapons * Purchasable Properties and Businesses * Parachutes * Free-fall control of character when falling off high buildings or helicopters * Extensive Clothing Options * Car Customization * Car Color Choice * Police on motorcyles/ police motorcycles * Nitro * Airplanes and Jets * Jetpack * Garage storage for cars. * Tanks * Military * Combat Helicopter that can shoot missiles * Working Semi's W/ Trailers * Farm Equipment * ATV's * Trucks with ramps to carry cars, ramps cannot be lowered to use as stunt jump ramps * Driving Schools * Multiple Races w Vehicle Rewards * Marathons * Bicycles * Melee training system, kung-fu dojo, boxing arena, etc. * Mountains & Country to have large chases or fun with vehicles* Tatoos * Haircuts * Monster trucks * Stadium for monster truck, demolition derby, or dirt bike racing * Diving Underwater * Paramedic side-missions * Firefighter side-missions * Truck side-missions * Cheeta * Cannot enter Police stations * No gang territory battles * Cannot conquer Liberty City * Katana sword * Machete * Chainsaw * Working Forklift * Saving your pictures you take with camera on your actual cell phone * BF Injection * Hovercraft * Tractor * C4 explosive charges * Brass knuckles * Tear Gas * Golf club melee * Fire extinguisher * Thermal Goggles for night-vision * Cannot drive Trains * Home Burglary * Weapon and driving skills improvement * No outward, unprovoked gang aggression outside standard missions. * Remote control toys * Gambling on horse racing, blackjack, etc. * Gym/customizing your character's body shape * Cannot pick up vehicles with helicopter * No particularly interesting cheats * No ability to max out running skill or make yourself fire proof by doing side missions * No noticeable change on the interiors of your apartments based on mementos or rewards achieved from in game missions * Less arcade games *

(thanks to GTAaddictforever for saving me some footwork in compiling that little list, some things that were more opinion based were edited out and a few things you missed were edited in.)

Game Features introduced by GTAIV:
QUOTE (bells & whistles)

* Multiplayer on console * Multiplayer custom clothing options * High Definition Graphics * Realistic vehicle, weapon and melee physics * Vastly improved world detail overall * Euphoria/RAGE Physics engine * Television * Internet * Darts * Getting Hammered as an activity with Friends * Having friends without breasts that you actually hang out with* Comedy Club/Cabaret shows * The ability to pick and throw small objects * A fully functioning cell phone * The ability to drag along people who try to get into your vehicle. * A vastly improved adaptable cover system * Helitours and Boat rides * An improved game of pool * A new arcade game * New Radio Stations * The ability to find out the name of artist and title of song with the ZIT! service feature on your cell phone * Bowling * Extensive, more realistic and long lasting Vehicle Damage * Better scripts and AI used for basic pedestrians * Impending Downloadable Content, the ability to add to and enhance on what has all ready been given* A working sky trolley * A noticeably more mature and well thought out level of writing, no seriously. * "Moral Choices" * Multiple Endings * Varied scripts and dialog on drives to and from repeated missions and hanging out * "Random" Pedestrian encounters * Execution style cut scenes *

Now by comparison, looking at all that's been removed compared to the lesser that's been added in hard numbers, you may find yourself swallowing a pretty tough pill.

And if you've played through the game entirely you may be asking yourself, "did I play through the game on my own creative terms or did I simply play through the feature film the creators wanted me to see?"

This is a fairly poignant question, GTA's strength has always relied on its' wander-lust induced, replayability to free-roam into various activities and environments well after the stories conclusion. Some people may feel like they've just been given a taste when what they really wanted was a greedy mouthful.

I think the best approach here is to look at things objectively: 50% of the things taken out are in fact trivial to the overall look, feel and playability of this game, 40% would not even apply to this game as we now know it in a strictly urban environment, 10% down to the core of what's been taken out may fall under "legitimate gripe".

But a few things before we touch on that.

Liberty is a city, not a rolling country side with massive mountains or an expansive desert on the outskirts of Vegas. I personally spent countless hours roaming, driving, bicycling and flying around Mount Chilliad and the deserts west of Las Venturas. But this is just not where we're at this time around and to have expected otherwise seems silly on any account. To jump in a Harrier Jet and fly from Alderny to the Airport on the east end of the map in 60 seconds would frankly suck ass.

On another front, Niko is Niko. This is his story, not ours. To expect him to be walking around wearing a wife-beater, rocking a blown out Afro with platinum bling and a hundred gang tattoos is simply ridiculous. He is who he is. He wears things and fashions that are for the most part in step with his character, which is very no nonsense and acutely defined towards a more conservative fashion sense.

You want further custom options to make yourself feel cooler look to multiplayer and further DLC updates to get some satisfaction.

The Little Things That Count.

Now we get down to the nitty-gritty, time to actually talk about what could have been and still could be better in this game with some thoughtful tweaking.

Interior Decorating

This particular point of interest has carried over from my last review of San Andreas and remains on the forefront of what I'd like to see improved in future GTA's, it's a crucial point, that will make or break progressive steps forward in future games.

Here's the deal, a little game came out a while back called Vice City , being a Floridian for over half my life I fell in love with every stinkin' detail of the place. As we've moved forward a few of those things I've enjoyed have never been properly reintroduced to the game.

I'll echo a bit from the last San An review to give you a bit of the on-going sentiment.

QUOTE (Interior Decorating- San Andreas)

Generic, often drab interiors chipping at the overall presentation in not only the clone-ish save houses but also the storyline and business based buildings were this games biggest toothaches. Where was my sprawling shopping mall, my stylish club, they wouldn�t even open up Jizzy's Pleasure Dome, my Nouveau Riche house on the hill to look out the transparent window and survey my kingdom, as they so prominently displayed in the "Welcome to Los Santos" promo at the official site?

In Vice City as you completed the storyline and side missions things are added to your home, mementos, trophies, photos. Here, nothing.

First, I'll go on record as saying that the above does not entirely apply, GTAIV sports some of the nicest looking interiors to date, both in the save houses and the active mission areas.

Now, lets again say that this game is not about ruling the world in it's final act, in fact there's a very pronounced, "money isn't everything" vibe going down in the last few bits. Would it have been cool to gain the big gangster mansion in the western hills as a reward for all your hard work? Sure it would have but that's not what I'm addressing here.

I can certainly say that this game has some frikkin' awesome, in depth, interiors, without question. What they do give you, they've done exceedingly well, without question. Apartments, restaurants, bars, Perestroika, bowling alleys, office buildings, clothing shops, strip clubs and the Superstar Cafe all look up to par.

But here's the thing as petty as it sounds, no sprawling shopping mall, no truly authentic looking New York dance club.

I know, I know that sounds like a straight up nit-pick but here's the thing.

I'm in Vice City I walk into the Malibu Club, the place looks fairly, happening. There's people all over the dance floor, dancing badly, the music is droning on overhead, there are bouncers at the door and a hot chick tending the bar. I can go upstairs to the office and play club owner or I can drop a molotov cocktail on the dance floor and watch everyone do a Kentucky Fried Two Step.

The simple pleasures in life, ya'know?

The dance or casual club vibe is just cool in any era and it just hasn't been touched on very well, this time around. You can even see where they were very likely going to add one in, Club Liberty in northwest Algonquin but it simply got demoted to a drinking location. I want one particularly kick-ass club to go chill in or terrorize on a regular basis, damn it! Not too much to ask, is it?

The Northpoint Mall in VC, simply blew me away with it's fully reflective waxed floors and various shops which by current standards may look pretty blocky and generic, were pretty convincing at the time. Hell, there was even some wonderfully cheesy Muzak playing on the mall speakers in the background.

But imagine if you will a mall with even half the detail and interiors found in Dead Rising.

Given system limitations that sounds a bit unrealistic, The mall is the game in Dead Rising but the idea of wreaking havoc in a consumer packed, shopping mall is simply too fun an idea to overlook and when you look at popular films it's been the location of many misadventures and hi-jinks.

And as previously stated, your apartments could reflect some personal effects from the game. I'm not asking for The Sims here just some acknowledgment that, yes indeed, your character does, live, relax and do things in his residence, just a few subtle changes from time to time would be nice.

What I'm really getting to here, if you've dismissed the rest of what I've said entirely as my own personal wants is, the next substantial leap forward for sandbox platform games will not be improving and expanding on the exterior world but rather it will be going further into depth and functionality of interiors. The more quality interiors found in a game the higher the fidelity it will have towards simulating a convincing and stimulating environment.

Ideally, you will come home from work to your apartment one day, turn on your console or computer and come home to your virtual apartment and it will actually be a place worth hanging out in. There will be several items to interact with and a physicality towards arranging things as well, without having to drag and drop a cursor.

Outside there will be fun and interesting places to go that have little or nothing to do with your characters main goals but will serve as worthwhile diversions that make sticking around more rewarding and social.

So many games out there, are knocking on the door of this eventuality but no ones particularly nailed it.

Sure there are chatroom-esque, virtual porno communities and Stormwinds' grubby little auction house in World of Warcraft but can't we imagine and see something beyond these mediocre settings.

I look at the level of detail in the buildings in Liberty and in my mind's eye I see and imagine all the interesting stories and lives of the people living inside of them. It would be impossible and insanely expensive to frame them all but we could certainly do with more.

More content in that direction, wins.

user posted image

Pimp My Ride

I'm feeling a bit dubious to bring up yet another game comparison but there's a well known clone out their going by the tag, Saint's Row and the sad thing about it is, it's not half as sh*tty as I thought it would be when I first dismissed it, prior to playing it. The games small edge is that it has given the player a few ridiculous things that GTA hasn't. Usable Drugs, massive amounts of platinum coated bling and weaponry, droves of henchmen and women. Flashy clothes and cars and a retardedly easy level of challenge.

They stole all the things from GTA that were fun and added all the flashy fat twelve year olds crave without any of that pesky substance, GTA's going for.

San Andreas introduced a variety of options to customize your vehicle that were fun and made your vehicles worth storing in your garage. Saint's Row upped the ante by jumping to the next gen set first with better looking vehicles and a level of vehicle customization that simply outdid GTA.

My hope was that GTA would answer the call and come back with something even better or equal for their automotive roster but this was simply taken out, completely.

This is not to say the vehicles in this game don't look damn sexy, on many occasions, I've been on my way to do an errand or mission when I see something shiny and freshly painted that I just can't pass up but this feature is certainly missed.

I respect the story and the creative direction, yada-yada but this game is still very much played by vehicle enthusiasts, there's no way around that, it's irresponsible to think or act otherwise. Artistic indulgences aside, simply going back to a random color spawning respray is an ill step backwards.

We Have The Technology?

No need to go on a particularly long tear about this but amongst a few mutual friends and myself, going around the game taking and saving pictures with the camera was a truly favorite pastime.

There's a camera on the phone that works.. actually works in a nifty and functional, real-time way and yet..we..can't save pictures?

Come on, seriously, what's up with that?

user posted image

F inal Take
QUOTE (On San Andreas)

If anything, Rockstar did accomplish one objective they set out to do in many of their lofty goals and aspirations, probably the most important, they raised the bar.

Saying Rockstar, raised bars this time around seems so ...it's like... it's like a f*ckin' given.

Is the sky blue?

Like what do you want from me? A 10 out of 10, Five shiny-ass stars, an A-f*ckin' plus!?

This game is indeed a star that rocks.

I just picture several other game designers out there launching their blueprints towards a waste basket and going back to the drawing board, looking to make entirely new games or simply quitting based on the level of production given to this piece of living, breathing artwork.

Any small disappointments I had here simply pointed the way towards this formats ultimate potential, which is stepping lively in the right direction.

I'm totally there on the page, with writers, game designers and creators I have never met. I get what you were going for and I appreciate what you've done in trying to entertain us beyond our set expectations, for challenging us to care more for substance over style, even though there's no shortage of the latter. We've enjoyed a richer experience and have a decidedly more memorable story to tell this time around, in parting.

For better or worse, things this time were indeed, different.

-Z C Carr
a.k.a. meta187

*A large thanks to GTA4.NET for providing me with a solid and constant point of reference links and images for the Choice Cuts section, 1 Up.com for the interview snippet with Sam Houser and azazel for a few nifty screen caps.

user posted image

GTAIV Survey
  1. GTAF Member Name: meta187
  2. GTAIV Percentage Complete: 100%
  3. Completed Story?: yes.

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show: A History of Liberty
  5. Fav Commercial: Pisswasser Lager (When it cuts to the drunken pedestrian stumbling around Star Junction with a traffic cone on his head I f*ckin' lose it every time.)
  6. Fav Website: All the Blogs
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: The religious fanatics standing outside your savehouse in Bohan, one's a hippy the other looks like some dude from The Nation of Islam. They both have really long scripts that are worth sticking around to hear.

Also- "[after Niko honks horn at him or nearly hits him with a car] Did you see? Reptilian death ray! It's gotta be! " (basically, any crazy bums comments about "reptilians". alien.gif )

police officer: "MORE DRAMA FOR YO MAMA!"

8. Fav Map Location: Star Junction (without question)
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Three Leaf Clover/ Smackdown (for some reason I had a REALLY sh*tty time doing that one)
  10. Fav Social Activity: Pool. - I really, genuinely enjoy playing it- wish it were an MP option.
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Alex, seems the most fun and together/ Carmen, soOooOOoo f*cking annoying.
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Little Jacob/ Duane - his constant negativity just really starts to grate on you after a while.
  13. Fav Weapon: combat pistol: The most reliable, accurate gun in the game, I played through the entirety of "Revenge" using nothing but this sidearm and it served me well.
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: Tie between the Black Suit, Red Tie and the Dark Grey Suit, Burgandy Shirt- black formal shoes w/silver buckle and gold rimmed aviators
  15. Fav New Feature: Physics.
  16. Fav Interior: Perestroika
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: That Special Someone
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Vehicle Customization

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike: NRG 900 (Burgandy, with Hayabusa style front), Close 2nd would b the Hellfury, it just looks super sexy from every angle.
  20. Fav Sports Car: Banshee (solid black, looks like the f-ing, Batmobile)
  21. Fav 2 Door: Ruiner (burgandy, with T-Top- only because I owned this car in real life, minus the mullet)
  22. Fav Luxury: Modified and rare, Sentinel
  23. Fav Boat: Jetmax
  24. Fav Helicopter: Maverick
  25. Fav Truck: Mr. Tasty (the jingles are a nice touch)
  26. Fav Classic: Peyote (black, with the wheel well in back- so pimp it hurts)
  27. Fav Vehicle Overall: NRG900- I was made for it, it was made for me.

Favorite Musical Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7: "War Is Necessary" - Nas
  29. The Classics 104.1: "Live At The Barbeque" - Main Source (first commercially produced Nas track, ever)
  30. ElectroChoc: Turn To Red" - Killing Joke
  31. Fusion FM: "The Edge" - David McCallum- (Dr.Dre had to do very little to modify this track when he sampled it almost entirely for The Chronic- 2001
  32. IF99 - International Funk: Home Is Where The Hatred Is - Gil Scott-Heron (as soulful and sad as it gets)
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: "Let's Get Lost" - Chet Baker
  34. The Journey: "Selected Ambient Works Vol. II CD2 TRK5" - Aphex Twin
  35. K109 The Studio: "Standing In The Rain" - Don Ray
  36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: "Back To Back" - Underdog
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: "Goodbye Horses" - Q Lazzarus
  38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: "Real McCoy" - Mavado
  39. Radio Broker: "Mayday" - Unkle Featuring The Duke Spirit
  40. San Juan Sounds: "Impacto" - Daddy Yankee
  41. Tuff Gong Radio: "Pimper's Paradise" - Bob Marley & The Wailers
  42. The Vibe 98.8: "Footsteps in the Dark" - Isley Brothers
  43. Vladivostok FM: "Liberty City: The Invasion" - Seryoga
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): When Lazlow forces the hotdog vendors face into the hotdog water.
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): The Séance with host, Beatrix Fontain.
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): Just or Unjust
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: "The Edge" - David McCallum/ - "Wild Dances" -Ruslana (this song jumps up and down on my last f*ckin' nerve but apparently it's a hit over seas tounge.gif )
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: The Journey (best to cruise to and the computer host says some REALLY crazy sh!t)/ San Juan Sounds

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Happiness Island
  50. Fav Race: Drag Kings on NRG900
  51. Fav Co-Op mission: Bomb Da Base II
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: Race (surprisingly)

Subjective Questions
  53. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?:

Just tooling around on the NRG900, hitting stunt jumps and regular jumps, some of the better ones aren't even official stunt jumps. I have a few routines worked out where I go from one to another continuously, using the brakes as little as possible.

54. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?:

I picked up a 3 Star Wanted level somehow on the way to go boat riding with Brucie. I get to the meeting point near his home and step out of my car, after a rather crazy chase, the LCPD have me surrounded. A police cruiser comes barreling around the corner and side swipes me, so my character starts stumbling all around real punch drunk, which is one of those standard reactions you'll see now when a vehicle sort of hits you from the side but not directly.

Anywho, the police light me up. Bullets are coming at Niko from every possible direction and because he's in that weird floppy, semi-drunk looking state he starts swaying to and fro all over the place, like a ship lost in a storm, as bullets just ricochet off every part of his body, in a really dramatic, cinematic fashion.

Finally, I get my bearings and walk over to the meeting point on the sidewalk and everything goes straight to the cutscene with Brucie and the ladies greeting me at which point about twenty or so police officers walk away casually like nothing ever happened.

55. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?:

♦ Hanging Out with friends and girlfriends can seem like a real hassle and time consumer but you can expedite the process by making sure you use a taxi going to and from all activities. The moment you exit a taxi to pick up a friend, whistle for it again and it will wait for you on the side of the road. Once you arrive at your activity, exit the taxi and whistle for it again and it will usually wait till you've completed your activity as well to return your friend home in a quick fashion. You can complete any social outing using this method in less than five minutes (unless you're drunk then making it back to the taxi feels like some sort of ridiculous olympic challenge).

♦ The biggest drawback of completing your percentage "chores" such as unique stunt jumps or pigeon hunting *shudder* is that your relationship percentage with your friends and girlfriends drops rapidly. The easiest way to give yourself all the time in the world to ignore them, without repurcussions is to put your Whiz wireless on " Sleep Mode " in your phone options. Remember to reselect after every save or autosave as it will reset back to active following a save.

56. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?:

I think it stepped forward in just about every way but could borrow more from it's previous successes and using the things that worked well, that people enjoyed and nodding more to it's initial storyline.

57. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?:

I talked about that a lot in the review but if I want to just say some single feature that could be added that would improve the game in a significant fashion, I would say possibly destructible environments that would repop after a short period of time has passed. You could even have a script showing a construction crew coming out to rebuild the structure in clock work fashion.

Imagine the cool factor of firing a rocket launcher into the side of a building and having huge chunks of concrete rain down on the pedestrians and cars below or a large car explosion that simultaneously shatters every window on a corporate buildings first five floors due to the proximity of the explosion.

That'd be a nice touch. rampage_ani.gif

RyanUK
  • RyanUK

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:53 AM Edited by RyanUK, 08 July 2008 - 08:19 PM.

That review awesome cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

IHEARTGTAIV
  • IHEARTGTAIV

No, you cannot borrow my disc.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:17 AM Edited by IHEARTGTAIV, 16 July 2008 - 04:24 AM.

I must say I read this whole thing and I couldn't agree with you more. You covered every point perfectly and I totally agree with you.

Now for my survey!
  1. GTAF Member Name: IHEARTGTAIV
  2. GTAIV Percentage Complete: 85.67
  3. Completed Story?: Yes

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show: N/A
  5. Fav Commercial: (Radio Commercial) El Chamoko Roboto
  6. Fav Website: FruitComputers.com
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: (After pulling my gun out) Cheezy Vaginas!
  8. Fav Map Location: Swing Glitch Location
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Final Interview/No.1
  10. Fav Social Activity: Comedy Club
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Alex/Carmen
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Brucie/Dwayne
  13. Fav Weapon: Combat Shotgun
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: Persus Top W/ Sweat pants tounge2.gif
  15. Fav New Feature: Internet Cafes
  16. Fav Interior: Tw@t
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: Killing Playboy X or Dwayne
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Planes (I know they would fit terribly with LC but they were just so fun to steal and jump out of!)

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike: NRG 900 (DUH!)
  20. Fav Sports Car: Infernus (But I can never find one!)
  21. Fav 2 Door: Comet
  22. Fav Luxury: Cognoscenti
  23. Fav Boat: Tug
  25. Fav Truck: Burrito
  26. Fav Classic: Peyote
  27. Fav Vehicle Overall: Infernus

Favorite Musical Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7: Flashing Lights" - Kanye West featuring Dwele
  29. The Classics 104.1: "All For One" - Brand Nubian
  30. ElectroChoc: "& Down" - Boys Noize
  31. Fusion FM: "Holy Thursday" - David Axelrod
  32. IF99 - International Funk: "Just Kissed My Baby" - The Meters
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: ALL OF THEM! This is by far my favorite station! (No, Im not 70 years old)
  34. The Journey: "Selected Ambient Works Vol. II CD2 TRK5" - Aphex Twin
  35. K109 The Studio: "Standing In The Rain" - Don Ray
  36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: N/A (I hate this channel and always change it when it pops up.)
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: "Jailbreak" - Thin Lizzy
  38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: N/A (See LCHC)
  39. Radio Broker: "Vagabond" - Greenskeepers
  40. San Juan Sounds: "Impacto" - Daddy Yankee
  41. Tuff Gong Radio: "Satisfy My Soul" - Bob Marley & The Wailers
  42. The Vibe 98.8: "Because of You" - Ne-Yo
  43. Vladivostok FM: Gluk'Oza - Shzwine
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): When lazlow is talking to this woman on the street, "Oh my god am I on the Radio?" "Uh, do you not realize that? This is a microphone stupid!" "OH MY GOD! Your an Asshole!" That makes me laugh everytime.
  45. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): All of Just or Unjust.
  46. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall:"Selected Ambient Works Vol. II CD2 TRK5" - Aphex Twin/"Driver" - Buju Banton (Thee most iritating song in the world!)
  47. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: JNR/Massive B

Multiplayer Features

48. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Alderny State Correctional Facility
  49. Fav Race: GTA Race
  50. Fav Co-Op mission: Mafia Work
  51. Fav MP Game Overall: GTA Race
  52. Subjective Questions
  53. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?: Stocking pedestrians to see what their lives hold.
  54. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?: Shot the guy at the hot dog stand next to the Helitours place, ran away fast, and then got blown a million feet away by the that stupid suicide bomber glitch. (or whatever that is)
  55. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?: Take it slow and save before big missions, because you will usually want to play them again.
  56. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?: It was the best yet!
  57. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?: Having very stealthy abilities.

LanceVanceDance07
  • LanceVanceDance07

Endless...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

That was a great review, loved it.
  1. GTAF Member Name: LanceVanceDance07

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show: That show about the rich people, I forget what its called
  5. Fav Commercial: Pisswasser
  6. Fav Website: www.yourmexicandoctor.com
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: There's a bunch, but I can't pick out a favourite
  8. Fav Map Location: Airport
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Three Leaf Clover/Tunnel of Death
  10. Fav Social Activity: Pool
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Alex/Carmen
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Little Jacob/Brucie
  13. Fav Weapon: Rocket Launcher
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: A suit, so that you look nice
  15. Fav New Feature: Euphoria/RAGE Physics Engine
  16. Fav Interior: Tw@t
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: Revenge or Deal
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Car Customization

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike: NRG 900
  20. Fav Sports Car: Infernus
  21. Fav 2 Door: Ruiner
  22. Fav Luxury: PMP 600
  24. Fav Helicopter: Annihilator
  25. Fav Truck: Fire Truck
  26. Fav Classic: Peyote

Favorite Musical Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7: Swizz Beatz - "Top Down"
  29. The Classics 104.1: Audio 2 - "Top Billin"
  30. ElectroChoc: Don't have one
  31. Fusion FM: David McCallum - "The Edge"
  32. IF99 - International Funk: Don't have one
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: Miles Davis - "Move"
  34. The Journey: Aphex Twin - "Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2 CD2 TRK5"
  35. K109 The Studio: Don't have one
  36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: Don't have one
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: ELO - "Evil Woman"
  38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: Chezidek - "Call Pon Dem"
  39. Radio Broker: Greenskeepers - "Vagabond"
  40. San Juan Sounds: Wisin & Yandel - "Sexy Movimiento"
  41. Tuff Gong Radio: Bob Marley and the Wailers - "Satisfy My Soul"
  42. The Vibe 98.8: R. Kelly - "Bump N' Grind"
  43. Vladivostok FM: Seryoga - "King Ring"
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): I love all the talk radio stations, but I don't have a favourite moment
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): Don't have one
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): Don't have one
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: Swizz Beatz - "Top Down"/ Glukoza - "Schweine"
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: The Beat 102.7/LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Charge Island
  50. Fav Race: GTA Race
  51. Fav Co-Op mission: Hangman's Noose
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: Team Deathmatch
  53. Subjective Questions
  54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?: Shooting pedestrians
  55. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?: In multiplayer, I was at the airport on my bike, then a helicopter started chasing and shooting at me. Then at top speed, I hit a ramp and did a backflip, and the helicopter passed right under me. It was like something out of an action movie.
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?: Take it slow, save frequently, and enjoy every minute of it
  57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?: It was the best one of the lot.
  58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?: I would like to see car customization back. I wish there could be a way to save your customized car, and race it online with other customized cars. That would be pretty cool.

TheSamurai Hobo
  • TheSamurai Hobo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

This is hella long (tl;dr yet)

Can I has summary?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (TheSamurai Hobo @ Jul 8 2008, 18:00)

Can I has summary?

Write a review or fill out a survey, if reading something longer than your cereal box cover gives you a headache look at the pretty pictures in the 1st review and move on.

Thanks for showing an interest. smile.gif

TheSamurai Hobo
  • TheSamurai Hobo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:22 PM Edited by TheSamurai Hobo, 12 August 2008 - 02:47 AM.

QUOTE (meta187 @ Jul 8 2008, 18:13)
QUOTE (TheSamurai Hobo @ Jul 8 2008, 18:00)

Can I has summary?

Write a review or fill out a survey, if reading something longer than your cereal box cover gives you a headache look at the pretty pictures in the 1st review and move on.

Thanks for showing an interest. smile.gif

It doesn't hurt my head, I'm just occupied with other things dozingoff.gif

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show:Republican Space Rangers
  5. Fav Commercial:None
  6. Fav Website:wwwlittlelacysurprisepageant.com (or however it's spelled)
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment:"I'm gonna knock you out, then french kiss ya!"
  8. Fav Map Location:Mid-North Algonquin
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission:Three Leaf Clover/Snow Storm
  10. Fav Social Activity:Drinking
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend:Never bothered with them cool.gif
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend:Packie~Roman/Rest are equally hated
  13. Fav Weapon:Desert Eagle
  14. Fav Clothing Combo:Red Tie-Black Suit, Black boots
  15. Fav New Feature:Does car detail count?
  16. Fav Interior:Roman's/Playboy's Penthouse
  17. Toughest Moral Choice:Kill Derrick or Francis
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature:Car modding

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike:Hellfury
  20. Fav Sports Car:Comet
  21. Fav 2 Door:Sentinel (XS)
  22. Fav 4 Door/Luxury:Sultan (RS)/Cognosceti
  23. Fav Boat:Jetmax
  24. Fav Helicopter:Annihilator
  25. Fav Truck:Rancher/Phantom
  26. Fav Classic:Dukes, Sabre GT
  27. Fav Vehicle Overall:Comet/Sabre GT

Favorite Music Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7:None
  29. The Classics 104.1:None
  30. ElectroChoc:None
  31. Fusion FM:None
  32. IF99 - International Funk:None
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5:None
  34. The Journey:None
  35. K109 The Studio:None
  36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore:None
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8:Queen - One vision
  38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9:None
  39. Radio Broker:Vagabond - Greenskeepers
  40. San Juan Sounds:None
  41. Tuff Gong Radio:None
  42. The Vibe 98.8:I always forget the name dontgetit.gif
  43. Vladivostok FM:None
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment):hotdog guy
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment):Can't think of one, but it's still a nice channel icon14.gif
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment):Court trials
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall:Can't really say, hard to tell../I hate alot of them monocle.gif
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall:LRR/Beat

Multiplayer Features

49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location:Algonquin
  50. Fav Race:Stars in Your Eyes
  51. Fav Co-Op mission:Bomb da Base II
  52. Fav MP Game Overall:Free Mode
  53. Subjective Questions
  54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?:As Niko says "Watch stuff blow up"
  55. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?:Riding a bike in a race, around Meadows park, I hit a steep bump (going up) and hit an overhead sign with my face, lulz were had
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?:Don't piss your money away on guns, you'll always have enough
  57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?:SA had more to do after beating it, hell, I didn't even get 100% I was able to have so much fun in them
  58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?:Outdoors, yes, bring back SA's outdoors
Overall, the game gets 8.5/10 from me

E: Fixed some stuff

VinnyGouveia
  • VinnyGouveia

Back to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

1. GTAF Member Name: VinnyGouveia
  2. GTAIV Percentage Complete: About 85%
  3. Completed Story?: Yep

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show: Republican Space Rangers
  5. Fav Commercial: Brucie Executive Lifestyle Autos, or something like that
  6. Fav Website: www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: CALL AIR SUPPORT
  8. Fav Map Location: The Skatepark in Algonquin
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Favorite: Three Leaf Clover - Patrick McReary / Least Favorite: I don't have a opinion on this
  10. Fav Social Activity: Drinking
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Favorite: Kate / Least Favorite: Carmen
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: I like all, except Dwayne
  13. Fav Weapon: Handgun, the normal one
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: Claude's Clothes
  15. Fav New Feature: Euphoria
  16. Fav Interior: PlayboyX's Penthouse
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: Deal or Revenge
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Car surfing

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike: NRG-900
  20. Fav Sports Car: Banshee
  21. Fav 2 Door: Sultan RS
  23. Fav Boat: Squalo
  25. Fav Truck: Packer
  26. Fav Classic: Dukes
  27. Fav Vehicle Overall: Sultan RS

Favorite Musical Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7: Top Down
  29. The Classics 104.1: Didn't listen it too much
  30. ElectroChoc: Same
  31. Fusion FM: Same
  32. IF99 - International Funk: Same
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: I HATE IT
  34. The Journey: Philip Glass - Pruit Igoe
  35. K109 The Studio: Nope
  36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: All of them
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: Same as LCHC
  38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: Don't like reggae that much
  39. Radio Broker: The Boggs - Arm in arm
  40. San Juan Sounds: Nope
  41. Tuff Gong Radio: Nah
  42. The Vibe 98.8: Nope
  43. Vladivostok FM: Seryoga - King Ring
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): Ha, this owns. All of it
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): I didn't hear to it very much
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): Same as PLR
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: Favorite - Probably "Remedy" / Least Favorite: Any from Massve B
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Favorite: LRR / Least Favorite: Massive B

[B]Multiplayer Features

49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Prison
  50. Fav Race: I don't know the name
  51. Fav Co-Op mission: Hangman's Noose
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: Free Mode
  53. Subjective Questions
  54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?: Just free riding, doing some stunts and other jackass-alike stuff. I just love the possibilities that can be done with Euphoria, it turns the game very awesome, and at least for me, it compensates a lot on some of the other features that were cut from the final game
  55. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?: Probably when I went to jack a Banshee, the guy sped over and I hang on the door. He made a turn right, and Niko went flying into a truck, causing me to die. tounge.gif
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?: Don't rush. If you're playing in the 360 version, don't try to get the "Liberty City Minute" achievement on the first run, because you'll skip a lot of awesome moments that you would have in the cutscenes and in other stuff. Also, abuse the taxis.
  57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?: I love this game. It's the best game ever made, not in graphics, but in overall. Everything just blends perfectly, everything is good. It's not "good graphics with bad gameplay" or vice versa, everything is good here. Also, the details are awesome in the game.
  58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?: Probably some fixes in the euphoria engine, so you can car surf and hang in the vehicles longer. Also, please rockstar, let there be planes.

Gets a 10 from me.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

1. GTAF Member name: gtamodder
3. Completed story? Yes

Random favorites

5. Not sure
6. www.yourmexicandoctor.com
7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: Loads, not sure which to pick tounge.gif
9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Favorite Three leaf clover/Least Luck of the Irish.
11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Favorite Kate/Least: Carmen
12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Fav/Roman, Least/Brucie
13. Fav Weapon: M4
14. Fav Clothing Combo: A suit
15. Fav New Feature: Niko going through windscreen if you crash car hard at high speed that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif
16. Fav Interior: PlayboyX Penthouse
18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Flying Planes

Vehicles

21. Fav 2 Door: Ruiner
23. Fav Boat: Tropic
25. Fav Truck: FireTruck
26. Fav Classic: Dukes

Favorite Musical Tracks

28. The Beat 102.7: None
29. The Classics 104.1: Didn't listen it too much
30. ElectroChoc: "Optimo" - Liquid Liquid
31. Fusion FM: "Funk In The Hole" - Roy Ayers
32. IF99: "Galaxy" - War
33. JNR: "April In Paris" - Count Basie
34. The Journey: Philip Glass - None
35. K109 The Studio: None
36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: None
37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: "Jailbreak" - Thin Lizzy
38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: None
39. Radio Broker: The Boggs - None
40. San Juan Sounds: Nope
41.Tuff Gong Radio: Nope
42. The Vibe 98.8: Freddie Jackson - Have You Ever Loved Somebody
43. Vladivostok FM: Seryoga - King Ring
44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): None
45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): None
46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): None
47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: Favorite - Fav: Freddie Jackson - Have You Ever Loved Somebody/ Least Favorite: Everyone one from Fusion FM
48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Favorite: The Vibe,/Least: San Juan Sounds

49.Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Algonquin
50.Fav Race: Hangman's Noose
51.Fav Co-Op mission: Not sure
52.Fav MP Game Overall: Free Mode

53.Subjective Questions:

54.What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?: Just driving around, getting cops after me.

55.What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?: When I was shooting at cop cars, and one kept rolling over and over loads of times.

56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?: Take your time on long missions.

57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?: Well, Imo it was one of the best ones in the GTA Series.

58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?: Add some car mod garages

10/10 from me.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

Didn't see this topic just until now.

I have to say meta, a well written, personal, thorough and epic review! I have to say, everything you mentioned, I whole heartily agree with. I only just realised about Darko. I noticed he looked similar to Niko, but I thought I had to kill him since Niko went all this way to get him.

I wish I hadn't have borrowed a 360 off a friend for a month. I never really got a chance to discover since I was obsessed with finishing the story, and quite a story it was.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Jul 9 2008, 07:13)
I have to say meta, a well written, personal, thorough and epic review! I have to say, everything you mentioned, I whole heartily agree with. I only just realised about Darko. I noticed he looked similar to Niko, but I thought I had to kill him since Niko went all this way to get him.

Glad you enjoyed it.

The thing I'm saying about Darko, isn't that it was necessarily "wrong" to put him down but for the player to take a moment to step inside Niko's head. This guy at one point was also his friend and he's about to shoot him unarmed and in cold blood in front of his easier going cousin, Roman.

You should have some palpable sense of hesitation, regardless of whatever you decided and understand why killing Darko is not only hard for Niko but in the end not particularly satisfying either. The answers Darko provides are just sad, little, desperate excuses for what he did, nothing that paints him as some diabolical master or by comparison, the unapologetic betrayer, Dimitri Rascalov.

A good bit of drama's being played out there.

master gunner14
  • master gunner14

man with the guns and $cash

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:22 PM

http://infinitejestc..._cookie.jpgnice topic you deserve a jumbo cookie

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:06 PM Edited by Ronnyboy, 10 July 2008 - 03:33 PM.

1. GTAF Member Name: Ronnyboy

Random Favorites

5. Fav Commercial: Pisswasser Ad

6. Fav Website: www.litllelacyssurprise.com

7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: "Go eat your mom's ass!"

8. Fav Map Location: Statue of Happiness

9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Three Leaf Clover/ The Holland Play

11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Lawchick/ SoboHoe

12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Roman/ Dwayne

13. Fav Weapon: RPG

14. Fav Clothing Combo: Perseus Flower Suit and Black Pants

15. Fav New Feature: Euphoria Engine

16. Fav Interior: Playboy's House

18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Car Surfing

Vehicles

21. Fav 2 Door: Stallion

22. Fav Luxury: Limo

23. Fav Boat: Dinghy

25. Fav Truck: Biff

26. Fav Classic: Stallion

Favorite Musical Tracks

28. The Beat 102.7: N/A

29. The Classics 104.1: N/A

30. ElectroChoc: Waters of Nazareth- Justice

31. Fusion FM: N/A

32. IF99 - International Funk: N/A

33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: Anything

34. The Journey: N/A

35. K109 The Studio: N/A

36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: N/A

37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: One Vision- Queen

38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: N/A

39. Radio Broker: Homicyde- The Prairie Cartel

40. San Juan Sounds: N/A

41. Tuff Gong Radio: Get Up Stand Up- Bob Marley

42. The Vibe 98.8: N/A

43. Vladivostok FM: Wild Dances- Ruslana

44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): When Lazlow is in the cab
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): Pharmecutical Talk

46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): Richard Bastian Show

47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: Wild Dances/ Top Down

48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Liberty Rock Radio/ Beat 97.3

Multiplayer Features

49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Colony Island

50. Fav Race: Any

52. Fav MP Game Overall: Deathmatch

53. Subjective Questions

54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?: Just enjoying it's beauty and charm that R* built
  55. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?: Figuring out I could pull a Gone in 60 Seconds scene with the Ferroci Dealership.
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?: Learn how to drive, and handle your car. Also, make sure you only shoot your gun when necessary, keeps the cops off of you.

57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?: It was better. It took everything I liked, got rid of those crappy San Andreas features, and just made it better.

58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?: Planes, I miss randomly flying around and crashing.

GTAIV Reviews
  • GTAIV Reviews

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:49 PM

Submission List Updated.

Also a problem with the bold tags in the survey CODE has been corrected.

Feel free to remove the bold tags completely and customize the survey in any way you feel aesthetically pleasing or presentable.

(barring page stretching of course)

Mr.Boonya
  • Mr.Boonya

Respect is Everything

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:32 AM

Vladivostok FM: Not sure what its called but the song playing right at the beginning of "The Cousins Bellic"

It called: Gluk'Oza - Shzwine

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:10 AM

1. GTAF Member Name: BlOoDStReAm101
  2. GTAIV Percentage Complete: 95.33%

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show: I'm Rich
  5. Fav Commercial: N/A
  6. Fav Website: www.weazelnews.com
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: "Stupid maraka!"
  8. Fav Map Location: Bohan
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Fav: Three Leaf Clover/ Least Fav: First Date
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Alex
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Kiki
  13. Fav Weapon: MP4
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: Blue Tracktop, Modo jeans, black boots
  16. Fav Interior: Faustin's house
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: Killing/Sparing Darko
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Purchasing Safehouses

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike: PCJ-600
  21. Fav 2 Door: Uranus
  25. Fav Truck: N/A
  26. Fav Classic: Banshee
  27. Fav Vehicle Overall: Futo GT

Favorite Musical Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7: Flashing Lights by Kanye West
  30. ElectroChoc: N/A
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: N/A
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: Mama by Genesis
  39. Radio Broker: Arm in Arm by The Boggs
  41. Tuff Gong Radio: Get up Stand up by Bob Marley
  43. Vladivostok FM: Mama by Basta
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): N/A (too short)
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): N/A (too short)
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): N/A (too short)
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: Fav Track: Mama by Genesis/ N/A
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Vladivstok FM/San Juan Sounds

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Bohan
  50. Fav Race: N/A
  51. Fav Co-Op mission: Cops and Crooks
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: Deathmatch

53. Subjective Questions
  54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?:

Driving like a regular civilian. Feels cool.

55. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?:

I was speeding in a high speed chase with three stars, and I happen to go up a really steep hill with an Infernus and I jumped over about four to six cars below me. It was amazing!
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?:

I suggest they do the storyline than do multiplayer after.
  57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?:

GTA IV lacks some features that will be truly missed in some previous installments of GTA. Like purchasing safehouses, car modding etc.
  58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?:

Purchasing safehouses, car modding, and improved wanted system. I still feel the wanted system too easy to escape.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:41 AM Edited by Raptomex, 13 July 2008 - 06:46 AM.

1. GTAF Member Name: Raptomex

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show: The Men's Room
  6. Fav Website: www.vipluxuryringtones.com
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: "I'll break your f*cking kneecaps."
  8. Fav Map Location: Star Junction
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Favorite mission = Three Leaf Clover. Least Favorite Mission = Buoys Ahoy
  10. Fav Social Activity: Bowling
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Favorite Girlfriend: Carmen Ortiz. Least Favorite Girlfriend = Alex Chilton
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Favorite Friend = Patrick McCreary. Least Favorite Friend = Brucie Kibbutz
  13. Fav Weapon: Carbine Rifle
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: GTA III/Claude Speed
  15. Fav New Feature: Physics
  16. Fav Interior: Playboy X's apartment.
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: To kill Playboy X or Dwayne
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: In-depth gang interactivity

Vehicles
  21. Fav 2 Door: Sentinel
  22. Fav Luxury: Stretch
  25. Fav Truck: Bobcat
  26. Fav Classic: Patriot

Favorite Musical Tracks
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: Heaven And Hell
  39. Radio Broker: N/A
  41. Tuff Gong Radio: N/A
  43. Vladivostok FM: N/A
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): When Lazlow interview's the hot dog vendor.
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): N/A
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): N/A
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: N/A
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Favorite Radio Station = Integrity 2.0. Least Favorite Radio Station = All the rest

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Anywhere around the city
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: Bomb Da Base II

Subjective Questions
  53. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?: Shooting up the city, causing chaos, causing wars in the streets.
  54. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?: So many things. I'll have to play more to give an answer.
  55. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?: Beat the game 100% without cheats. Especially when going for the achievements. Once you have all the single player achievements and 100%, use cheats to increase the fun.
  56. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?: The best in the series. Phenomenal graphics and outstanding physics.
  57. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?: In-depth gang interactivity.

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:35 PM Edited by fishing4monkeys, 05 September 2008 - 12:45 PM.

edit:

IHEARTGTAIV
  • IHEARTGTAIV

No, you cannot borrow my disc.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Boonya @ Jul 10 2008, 16:32)
Vladivostok FM: Not sure what its called but the song playing right at the beginning of "The Cousins Bellic"

It called: Gluk'Oza - Shzwine

Oh ok thanks! I'll fix that.

Kevin143
  • Kevin143

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

1. GTAF Member Name: Kevin143
  2. GTAIV Percentage Complete: 90.58%

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show: I'm Rich $
  6. Fav Website: www.yourmexicandoctor.com and www.vipluxuryringtones.com
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: "Go eat your mom's ass"
  8. Fav Map Location: The Middle Park/Star Junction area
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Favorites - Bernie's Infernus, A Dish Served Cold Least Favorites - Scripted Chase Missions
  10. Fav Social Activity: Heli Rides and Bowling
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Alex/Michelle
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Tie between LJ and Brucie for favorite/Packie
  13. Fav Weapon: M4 for missions/Combat Shotgun for free roam
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: Perseus sport/slate suit, Perseus pants or Modo Jeans, Perseus loafers
  15. Fav New Feature: Graphics, Euphoria
  16. Fav Interior: Playboy X's penthouse
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: Darko
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Purchasing safehouses

Vehicles
  21. Fav 2 Door: Infernus/Comet
  23. Fav Boat: Tug
  25. Fav Truck: Cavalcade
  26. Fav Classic: Patriot

Favorite Musical Tracks
  34. The Journey: Pruit Igoe
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: N/A
  42. The Vibe 98.8: Because of You
  43. Vladivostok FM: N/A
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): Lazlow's interview with the hot dog man
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: N/A
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Favorite- Talk shows, Vibe, JNR, Broker, The Beat, LRR Least - The others

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Happiness Island and The Airport
  50. Fav Race: Stars in Your Eyes
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: GTA Race and any Free Roam game that isn't a deathmatch
  53. Subjective Questions
  54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?:

I'll look for new things i haven't discovered, and sometimes I'll just try to blend in with the other citizens of Liberty City by following driving rules and pretending the Niko has a normal life...
  55. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?:

I escorted LJ back to his house after a delightful meal at Cluckin' Bell, and he stole my car after he said goodbye to me. I stole it back and popped my tires with a hidden pistol.
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?:

Don't immediately jump into MP, i did that and I got 4 kills and 15 deaths... Always brake while turning, and give it a chance if you dislike the beginning; it'll get better...
  57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?:

It was the best in the series because the graphics/physics were just so much of an improvement over the previous generation. I remember trying VC after I finished the storyline of IV, and it amazed me how IV is a much better experience, especially after seeing Tommy drown in the same position every time.
  58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?:

More creative ways to use money. And possibly even making more interactive interiors such as malls, filled tourist sites as opposed to the empty museum in IV, and the ability to eat in all restaurants, even the upper-class ones like the Superstar Cafe.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Kevin143 @ Jul 17 2008, 19:19)

1. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?:

More creative ways to use money. And possibly even making more interactive interiors such as malls, filled tourist sites as opposed to the empty museum in IV, and the ability to eat in all restaurants, even the upper-class ones like the Superstar Cafe.

Looks like someone was paying attention. wink.gif

Anywho, thanks for all the participation and viewership, so far. Some of the survey answers have been very interesting and funny though I really would like to see someone write their own review and submit it as well. It can be something short and to the point or elaborate, don't feel as if you have to write a novel because of the 1st pesky one posted. blush.gif

Doctor Emmett L. Brown
  • Doctor Emmett L. Brown

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:40 AM Edited by Doctor Emmett L. Brown, 22 July 2008 - 12:49 AM.

icon14.gif
  1. GTAF Member Name:Doctor Emmett L. Brown
  2. GTAIV Percentage Complete:100%
  3. Completed Story?:Yes

Random FavoritesPeds quotes, small details and more that I can't think of right now biggrin.gif
  4. Fav Television Show:The Mens Room
  5. Fav Commercial:Pibwasser
  6. Fav Website:www.litlemacyssuprisepagent.com
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: "Welcome to burger shot motherf*cka!"
  8. Fav Map Location:The Triangle
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission:Least Fav Mission: The Snow Storm Fav Mission: Three Leaf Clover
  10. Fav Social Activity:Drinking (Getting Pissed lol.gif )
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Kiki Jenkins
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Brucie
  13. Fav Weapon: MP4
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: Don't know what you mean sorry confused.gif
  15. Fav New Feature: Friend Activities
  16. Fav Interior: Playbox X's Loft
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: Toughes would be Playbox X's loft frigging awesome TV, Claudes clothes (He was my fav character ever, apart from Niko)
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: No Jetpacks, Parachutes features like SA

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike: NRG 500
  21. Fav 2 Door: Feltzer
  22. Fav Luxury: Limo
  23. Fav Boat: Speedmax
  24. Fav Helicopter: Annihalator
  25. Fav Truck: Biff
  26. Fav Classic: Blista Compact

Favorite Musical Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7: Kanye West - Flashing Lights
  29. The Classics 104.1: Meh not fussed
  30. ElectroChoc: I really don't listen to them
  31. Fusion FM: I really don't listen to them
  32. IF99 - International Funk: I really don't listen to them
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: I really don't listen to them
  34. The Journey: I really don't listen to them
  35. K109 The Studio: I really don't listen to them
  36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: I really don't listen to them
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8:I really don't listen to them
  38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: I really don't listen to them
  39. Radio Broker: No Sex for Ben, LCD Sounsystem - Get Innocous
  40. San Juan Sounds:
    I really don't listen to them
  41. Tuff Gong Radio:I really don't listen to them
  42. The Vibe 98.8: Pony
  43. Vladivostok FM: Seryogia - Knig Ring
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): I really don't listen to them
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): Never listened to it...
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): Ricky Gervais and Katt Williams
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: Fav: Seryioga - King Ring
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Integrity 2.0

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Never have played MP but getting it tomorrow on 360
  51. Fav Co-Op mission: N/A
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: N/A
  53. Subjective Questions
  54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?: Killing cops, hanging out with Roman, friends E.T.C.
  55. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?: Roman when he was sleeping and being ignorant and then Niko says "Roman?, Roman?!. Roman your sleeping you fat f*ck) Can't beat moments like that lol.gif
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?: I would suggest to take cover where evr you go because it can get quite tought out in Liberty City. Where armor when on missions like the Snow Storm, Three Leaf Clover E.T.C. also when on The Snow Storm go out very quick and take the bobcat or if you want an easier way take the boat it's just outside the old hospital on the left biggrin.gif
  57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?: I found it pretty good overall for R*'s first GTA next - gen game. But I would have liked to have seen a lot more missions and more harder because this is about the easiest GTA I have ever done tbh icon14.gif
    More clothing definitely also I want the same features as San Andreas you know more fun when you've completed the game 100% you know? wink.gif I would like to see more than over 150 missions also more harder put youre skills to the challenge eh? Also more interiors and more graphical improvements

spdrlfc
  • spdrlfc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

1. GTAF Member Name:spdrlfc
  2. GTAIV Percentage Complete:100% twicer
  3. Completed Story?:yes

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show:the halo rip off lol
  5. Fav Commercial:weasel news
  6. Fav Website:www.craplist.net
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment:i lost one eye in the war now im HIV +
  8. Fav Map Location:swing glitch
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission:FAV: i need your clothes your boots and your motercycle least: N/A
  10. Fav Social Activity:drinking
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend:dunno
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend:fav: roman least:dwayne
  13. Fav Weapon: m4 carbine
  14. Fav Clothing Combo:claude speed costume
  15. Fav New Feature:sat nav on the map
  16. Fav Interior:pbx's appartment
  17. Toughest Moral Choice:revenge/deal
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature:planes lol

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike:NRG900
  20. Fav Sports Car:comet
  21. Fav 2 Door:ruiner (lol)
  22. Fav Luxury:pmp300 (or 500 i cant remember)
  23. Fav Boat:dinghie
  24. Fav Helicopter: ahnilalater
  25. Fav Truck:NOOSE
  26. Fav Classic:stallion
  27. Fav Vehicle Overall:comet

Favorite Musical Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7:dunno
  29. The Classics 104.1:dunno
  30. ElectroChoc:dunno
  31. Fusion FM:
  32. IF99 - International Funk: dunno
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5:dunno
  34. The Journey:dunno
  35. K109 The Studio:dunno
  36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore:dunno
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8:dunno
  38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9:dunno
  39. Radio Broker:dunno
  40. San Juan Sounds:dunno
  41. Tuff Gong Radio:dunno
  42. The Vibe 98.8:dunno
  43. Vladivostok FM:dunno
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment):dunno
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment):dunno
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment):dunno
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall:dunno
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall:dunno

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location:bohan
  50. Fav Race:stars in their eyes
  51. Fav Co-Op mission:deal breaker
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: NOOSE
  53. Subjective Questions
  54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?:stunting driving etc...
  55. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?:i shot a pigeon and some dude started crying
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?:take cover but dont use the cover system, it sucks
  57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?:good/quite good
  58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?:FINGERLESS GLOVES FTW lol

jakeylake
  • jakeylake

>-\*Rockstar Supporter*/-<

• Members

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

1. GTAF Member Name: Jakeylake
  2. GTAIV Percentage Complete: 70%

Random Favorites
  5. Fav Commercial: None
  6. Fav Website: www.thingstheydontwantyoutoknow.com (or whatever it is)
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: "I'm gona f*ck you up punk!"
  8. Fav Map Location: Skate Park
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Three Leaf Clover / It's Your Call
  10. Fav Social Activity: Comedy Club
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: SoeBoHo / Michelle
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Little Jacob / Brucie
  13. Fav Weapon: Deagle
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: Broad Chested Jacket (Brown) / Grey Long Pants / Brown Shoes
  15. Fav New Feature: Endorphin
  16. Fav Interior: The Majestic Hotel
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: Francis / Derrick
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Parachutes

Vehicles
  21. Fav 2 Door: Sentinal
  23. Fav Boat: Tog
  25. Fav Truck: Trash Master
  26. Fav Classic: Banshee
  27. Fav Vehicle Overall: Sultan RS

Favorite Musical Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7: Flashing Lights by Kanye West
  29. The Classics 104.1: n/a
  30. ElectroChoc: n/a
  31. Fusion FM: n/a
  32. IF99 - International Funk: n/a
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: n/a
  34. The Journey: n/a
  35. K109 The Studio: n/a
  36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: n/a
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: n/a
  38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: n/a
  39. Radio Broker: n/a
  40. San Juan Sounds: n/a
  41. Tuff Gong Radio: n/a
  42. The Vibe 98.8: n/a
  43. Vladivostok FM: n/a
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): Hotdog Bit
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): n/a
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): n/a
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: Flashing Lights / n/a
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Integrity

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Whole City
  50. Fav Race: n/a
  51. Fav Co-Op mission: Hangman's NOOSE
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: Cops and Crooks
  53. Subjective Questions
  54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?: Running people over

I was walking around the train station (not underground) trying to pick up a brick by pressing 'LB'. I accidentily gave a saxaphone player some money so I proceeded to wait for the next train which I pushed him infront of. I then tried to pick up the Saxaphone on the train line and got myself killed by a train.
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?: Do not get arrested! Get arrested and loose every weapon you have, and it is a massive waste of money so you may as well get yourself killed by them instead.
  57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?: It is more realistic than others and I hope it continues with the realism in future installments of the game.
  58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?: More interior areas (The game is mainly set outside)

trackmania
  • trackmania

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:45 AM

1. GTAF Member Name: trackmania

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show: The Men's Room
  6. Fav Website: www.vipluxuryringtones.com
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: "Do you know how I respect women?? With one hand!"
  8. Fav Map Location: Middle Park
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Three Leaf CLover
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Carmen
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Little Jacob
  13. Fav Weapon: M4
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: LSD jacket (Liberty Sanitation Department)
  16. Fav Interior: Playboys Safehouse
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Tanks

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike: NRG900
  20. Fav Sports Car: Turismo
  21. Fav 2 Door: Habanero
  22. Fav Luxury: PMP600
  25. Fav Truck: Trashmaster
  26. Fav Classic: Stallion
  27. Fav Vehicle Overall: Turismo

Favorite Musical Tracks
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: John Coltrane - "Giant Steps"
  34. The Journey: Philip Glass - "Pruit Igoe"
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: Electric Light Orchestra - "Evil Woman"
  40. San Juan Sounds: Angel & Khriz - "Ven Baílalo"
  43. Vladivostok FM: Glukoza - "Schweine"
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): N/A
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: Glukoza - "Schweine"
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Liberty Rock Radio 97.8

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Happiness Island
  50. Fav Race: -
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: Team Deathmatch
  53. Subjective Questions
  54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?: Just driving
  55. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?: Cant choose
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?: Take cover and wait for the best moment
  57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?: as brilliant as ever
  58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?: seasons

31st Funk
  • 31st Funk

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:36 AM

1. GTAF Member Name: 31st Funk
  2. GTAIV Percentage Complete: 87%

Random Favorites
  5. Fav Commercial: n/a
  6. Fav Website: Little Lacy Surprise (haha)
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: "Will dance for money"
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Most of the missions are good.
  10. Fav Social Activity: Huh?
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Carmen/Kate. Kate is horrible D:
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: All of them are great.
  13. Fav Weapon: M4/Sniper/Molotov
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: Smart suit with red tie.
  15. Fav New Feature: Hailing taxis, multiplayer (legally).
  16. Fav Interior: n/a
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: Killing Ivan.
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Probably wackyness. I mean, VC and SA had a lot of side-missions, weapons such as Flamethrowers, etc. Also, I miss the quality of the soundtrack; K-DST, K-Rose, Espantoso, VCPR, Radio Los Santos, amazing radio stations. Cars such as the Bandito, quadbikes, etc. Car modification(especially those of San Fierro). PARACHUTES.

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike: Zombie (Red wheels, black chasis).
  20. Fav Sports Car: Comet
  21. Fav 2 Door: Comet
  22. Fav Luxury: Comet
  24. Fav Helicopter: Maverick or Annihilator.
  25. Fav Truck: Phantom
  26. Fav Classic: n/a
  27. Fav Vehicle Overall: Zombie

Favorite Musical Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7: n/a
  29. The Classics 104.1: n/a
  30. ElectroChoc: n/a
  31. Fusion FM: n/a
  32. IF99 - International Funk: Anything is fine
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: GREAT radio station.
  34. The Journey: n/a
  35. K109 The Studio: n/a
  36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: n/a
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: n/a
  38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: n/a
  39. Radio Broker: n/a
  40. San Juan Sounds: Impacto.
  41. Tuff Gong Radio: n/a
  42. The Vibe 98.8: n/a
  43. Vladivostok FM: n/a
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): n/a
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): n/a
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): n/a
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: My favorite is JNR
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: JNR.

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Anywhere
  50. Fav Race: Anywhere
  51. Fav Co-Op mission: Anything is fine.
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: Free Mode/TDM
  53. Subjective Questions
  54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?: Chasing peds. Sometimes they do funny and very real stuff. Also, making stunt by myself, melee deathmatches or terrorizing LC with Dwaynes goons.
  55. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?: When a ped was (re)jacking my car, I sped off and he was hanging on the door for like 15 minutes. Or dogfights with helicopter fully loaded of passengers.
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?: Don't get busted, you'll loose all your weapons. Drive a lot, that way you'll get used to the new physics, experiment with the new fighting style and shooting.
  57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?: It's a f*cking amazing game, the only thing is that it needs to drop a little realism and bring back planes and that craziness of R* North we all love.
  58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?: Again, more (crazy) cars and weapons, more stuff to do and a Zombie mode in multiplayer (GTA IV could use one NOW).

macorules94
  • macorules94

MACEDONIAN KING

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

GTAIV Survey

GTAF Member Name: macorules94

GTAIV Percentage Complete: 68%

Completed Story?: yes.

Random Favorites

Fav Television Show: I'm Rich

Fav Commercial: Pisswasser Lager

Fav Website: love-meet.net

Fav Random Pedestrian comment: go suck your moms dick you fat prick

police officer: "MORE DRAMA FOR YO MAMA!"

Fav Map Location: airport for stunts

Fav/Least Fav Mission: Three Leaf Clover/ out of commision

Fav Social Activity: Pool.

Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: they're all gay

Fav/Least Fav Friend: packie/ dwayne

Fav Weapon: there's not much choice....so AK-47

Fav Clothing Combo: grey suite with white sneakers

Fav New Feature: graphics & physics

Fav Interior: majestic hotel

Toughest Moral Choice: That Special Someone

Most Missed Removed Feature: countryside/desert

Vehicles

Fav Bike: pcj-600 since VC

Fav Sports Car: Comet

Fav 2 Door: Futo

Fav Luxury: Oracle

Fav Boat: Jetmax

Fav Helicopter: Maverick

Fav Truck: garbage truck

Fav Classic: Peyote

Fav Vehicle Overall: Comet

Favorite Musical Tracks

The Beat 102.7: flashing lights

The Classics 104.1:dont really listen to this

ElectroChoc: all

Fusion FM: dont really listen to this

IF99 - International Funk: Home Is Where The Hatred Is - Gil Scott-Heron (as soulful and sad as it gets)

JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: dont really listen to this

The Journey: dont really listen to this

K109 The Studio: ALL

LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: none

Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: age of seventeen - stivie nicks

Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: number 4 on the soundtrack in AU

Radio Broker: she's inlove with the teacher

San Juan Sounds: Ponmela - Julio Voltio

Tuff Gong Radio: dont really listen to this

The Vibe 98.8: because of you - ne-yo

Vladivostok FM: O tebe - ranetki

Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): When Lazlow forces the hotdog vendors face into the hotdog water.

PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): dont really listen to this

WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): any

Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: o tebe - ranetki/ dunno wat its called

Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Vladivostok/ LCHC

Multiplayer Features

Fav Team Deathmatch Location: jail

Fav Race: any

Fav Co-Op mission: Bomb Da Base II

Fav MP Game Overall: free mode

Subjective Questions

What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?:

Niko VS Cops in Burger shot

What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?:

seeing a cop pull over a driver and give them a ticket

What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?:

♦ have FUN

What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?:

for me it is at the same level of fun ness with GTA SA

msteven59
  • msteven59

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:38 AM Edited by msteven59, 30 August 2008 - 05:40 AM.

1. GTAF Member Name: msteven59
  2. GTAIV Percentage Complete: 91.75%
  3. Completed Story?: yes

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show: i'm rich
  5. Fav Commercial: the one on the radio about people that hvnt walked in years because of there scooters
  6. Fav Website: whattheydonotwantyoutoknow
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: cheesy vaginas
  8. Fav Map Location: helitours
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: Favorite: Three Leaf Clover, Least:
  10. Fav Social Activity: i like them all i guess
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: i hate them all
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Favorite: Brucie/Packie/Little Jacob, Least: Dwayne
  13. Fav Weapon: Carbine Rifle
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: Jeans and Black Bomber
  15. Fav New Feature: Physics
  16. Fav Interior: playboy's place
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: That Special Someone (the only one i even really thought about, and i though...)
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: more missions in SA

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike:NRG 900
  20. Fav Sports Car: turismo
  21. Fav 2 Door: banshee
  22. Fav Luxury: i dont remember what its called but its a chrysler 300 in real life
  23. Fav Boat: jetmax
  24. Fav Helicopter: annhiorator
  25. Fav Truck: calvacade ???
  26. Fav Classic: marebelle
  27. Fav Vehicle Overall: turismo

Favorite Musical Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7: ???
  29. The Classics 104.1: ???
  30. ElectroChoc: ???
  31. Fusion FM: ???
  32. IF99 - International Funk: ???
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: ???
  34. The Journey: ???
  35. K109 The Studio: ???
  36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: ???
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: I LOVE THEM ALL
  38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: ???
  39. Radio Broker: ???
  40. San Juan Sounds: ???
  41. Tuff Gong Radio: Pimpers Paradise
  42. The Vibe 98.8: ???
  43. Vladivostok FM: ???
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): Lazlow talking to the pervert about touching woman
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): ???
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): ???
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: Favorite: Evil Woman Least: alot of songs
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Liberty Rock Radio is my favorite, Least: ???

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: ???
  50. Fav Race: ???
  51. Fav Co-Op mission: ???
  52. Fav MP Game Overall: ???
  53. Subjective Questions
  54. What's your favorite non-mission activity, something you enjoy doing in your own spare time in Liberty City?: KILLING
  55. What's your favorite GTA moment, something random, funny or cool that happened while you were playing GTAIV?: KILLING
  56. What Game Tip(s) would you personally suggest to people playing through GTAIV for the first time?: KILLING IS FUN
  57. What was your overall impression of GTAIV verses previous installments in the series?: IT WAS AWESOME AND BADASS
  58. What's one central feature you'd like to see added to future installments of GTA?: MORE KILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chickstick
  • Chickstick

Fortunate Son

• Members

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

What an interesting, well thought out opening post. If only more stuff like this was present in the IV boards.
  1. GTAF Member Name: Chickstick
  3. Completed Story?: Numerous times to get both endings.

Random Favorites
  4. Fav Television Show: A History of Liberty
  5. Fav Commercial: Pisswasser
  6. Fav Website: Police database, good stuff
  7. Fav Random Pedestrian comment: "I'm not in Kansas anymore!" Nice nod to Wizard of Oz
  8. Fav Map Location: Star Junction or Hove Beach
  9. Fav/Least Fav Mission: That Special Someone / Liked all the missions actually
  10. Fav Social Activity: Bowling
  11. Fav/Least Fav Girlfriend: Alex / Carmen
  12. Fav/Least Fav Friend: Roman / Packie
  13. Fav Weapon: Carbine rifle
  14. Fav Clothing Combo: Grey suit with red shirt from Perseus
  15. Fav New Feature: Taxis, definetely
  16. Fav Interior: Playboy X apartment/safehouse
  17. Toughest Moral Choice: Darko, I spared him in the end
  18. Most Missed Removed Feature: Planes, but I can understand why they were removed

Vehicles
  19. Fav Bike: Freeway
  21. Fav 2 Door: Feltzer
  22. Fav Luxury: Washington
  24. Fav Helicopter:
  25. Fav Truck: None really, only drove them for missions
  26. Fav Classic: Voodoo
  27. Fav Vehicle Overall: Dukes

Favorite Musical Tracks
  28. The Beat 102.7: Swiss Beatz_Top Down
  29. The Classics 104.1: Special Ed-I Got It Made
  30. ElectroChoc: Alex Gopher-Brian Leech
  31. Fusion FM: Grover Washington, Jr-Knucklehead
  32. IF99 - International Funk: Creative Source-Who Is He & What Is He To You
  33. JNR - Jazz Nation Radio 108.5: Sonny Rollins-St Thomas
  34. The Journey: Philip Glass-Pruit Igoe
  35. K109 The Studio: Cerrone-Supernature
  36. LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore: Sheer Terror-Just Can't Hate Enough
  37. Liberty Rock Radio 97.8: David Bowie-Fasincation
  38. Massive B Soundsystem 96.9: Chezidek-Call Pon Dem
  39. Radio Broker: Get Shakes-Disneyland Pt 1
  40. San Juan Sounds: Daddy Yankee-Impacto
  41. Tuff Gong Radio: Bob Marley-Stand Up Jamrock
  42. The Vibe 98.8: The Isley Brothers-Footsteps In The Dark
  43. Vladivostok FM: Seryoga-The Invasion
  44. Integrity 2.0 (favorite moment): Lazlow attacking the fast food vendor
  45. PLR - Public Liberty Radio (segment): Intelligent Agenda
  46. WKTT - We Know The Truth (segment): Fizz
  47. Fav/Least Fav Track Overall: Fascination / Goodbye Horses
  48. Fav/Least Fav Radio Station Overall: Liberty Rock Radio / Electro Choc

Multiplayer Features
  49. Fav Team Deathmatch Location: Star Junction
  50. Fav Race: GTA Race
  52. Fav MP Game Overall:
  53. Subjective Questions
    Just driving around and exploring parts of the city I haven't had a proper look round yet. You always find something different.
    The first time Alex sent me a dirty text message, I thought it was great how much detail had gone into every little bit of the game.
    Just enjoy it the first time. View it on your own terms, not other people's ill-advised criticism, and you'll find it a lot better.
    I honestly don't think you can compare them. But this is my second favourite GTA behind the god-like GTA III.
    Perhaps more clothing options for the protagonist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users