» «
Photo

Stupid Taxi Driver...

11 replies to this topic
fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:06 PM Edited by fishing4monkeys, 06 July 2008 - 02:28 PM.

I'm going through the game again just for fun and i'm taking Brucie to get the car for the first race. I decide to take a cab and I tell him to hurry up as usual. Well I decided i'd like to not skip it for once so i'm just in the car with Brucie, him asking me to touch his abs and stuff like always and then all of a sudden I just see asfault out my window! Well I look around and I thought the car had just glitched into the ground and was stuck on two wheels...but no! Suddenly everything goes black so I press triangle to get out and it stays black and i'm thinking "oh no the game froze". But it didn't,as I soon realized, when I got out the taxi was on it's side! The dumb taxi driver flipped the car with me in the back! Haha I just thought it was pretty cool. Anyone else have and other crazy stories with taxi drivers?

EDIT: Just did something else with a taxi. Apperantly Roman's driver doesn't mind being your getaway driver biggrin.gif I got 2 stars and called Roman for a cab. I hung up just as the call started though so this could be a glitch but the car arrived and I told him to hurry up. I broke the window while he was speeding across a bridge. Ultimatly, though, he stopped at a toll booth and we got blocked in. I held us off with an uzi for a minute or so and then I died. Epic stuff.

How can anybody say this game is boring after the storyline!? If anything San Andreas was boring after the story...I ended up beating it six times and got bored with it. But with IV I'm barely making it through my second time because I just do stuff like this so much! I love this game!

.Up&Coming.
  • .Up&Coming.

PanzIV

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

That's funny.
I experienced a female cab driver. I took a video..The reason I kept changing destinations was because I wanted to see if she would talk. Same goes for the shooting. It was either a bug or a very rare occurrence.

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=ncX7An1lWDQ

Another weird thing that happened was I was hailing a cab, and I guess I waited too long and it started driving away, but I still managed to get in. The weird thing was that the guy never asked me to go anywhere or anything. I didn't have the in-car view..It was the normal view you have when you're driving any vehicle. The taxi guy was just randomly driving around Bohan. He went across bridges and everything. I tried to put in a destination, but it wouldn't let me. He eventually passed by where I wanted to go, so I got out there. No charge or anything. tounge.gif

Bawjaws
  • Bawjaws

Fitch it.

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:48 PM

^ the female taxi drivers are the polish sounding peds, like the girl at the internet cafe. Ive never been able to get them to talk but occasionally they'l yell or scream if they hit something.

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

mercie_blink.gif Nearly every time I get into a taxi the driver says "Sorry about the smell, I've just laid down some gas". If I didn't need the cab ride so badly I would probably get out and RPG the vehicle....!! Eurgh!

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Members
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (fishing4monkeys @ Jul 6 2008, 14:06)
EDIT: Just did something else with a taxi. Apperantly Roman's driver doesn't mind being your getaway driver biggrin.gif I got 2 stars and called Roman for a cab. I hung up just as the call started though so this could be a glitch but the car arrived and I told him to hurry up. I broke the window while he was speeding across a bridge. Ultimatly, though, he stopped at a toll booth and we got blocked in. I held us off with an uzi for a minute or so and then I died. Epic stuff.

I've spent hours doing that, it makes you feel like your in a gangster film.

EDIT: ^They do that on mine at the end of the journey and Niko replies (not sarcastically) 'thanks'; I ROFL!

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:50 PM

I remember taking a Taxi in Bohan near the cliffs and the idiot reversed of a cliff. I stayed on the 1st person default view, so the car rolling down the cliff and the glass smashing was just epic. At the bottom the driver bailed and was arrested by a cop straightaway. But as it was a cliff, there were no cop cars to come collet him, so he just stayed with his hands up lol.

That asshole so deserves to keep his hands up for eternity waiting for a cop car to show in a place it simply wont reach/spawn.
biggrin.gif

woozie92
  • woozie92

Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s.

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:33 PM

The same happenned to me.
I took a free taxi ride and when we were exiting Bohan (near the safehouse) it happenned.

user posted image

After that, he kept walking but couldnt get out of there then i shot him. Stupid driver.
biggrin.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Members
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (.Up&Coming. @ Jul 6 2008, 14:59)
That's funny.
I experienced a female cab driver. I took a video..The reason I kept changing destinations was because I wanted to see if she would talk. Same goes for the shooting. It was either a bug or a very rare occurrence.

I recently made a topic about this: here.

teh man w00ter
  • teh man w00ter

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:48 AM

I still cant get over how real it looks, that's all I could think of when I saw the OP's vid.

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Serpent Ruled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

One of them flipped the car with me in it too. And they always crash into my saved cars at my safehouses. It pisses me off.

.Up&Coming.
  • .Up&Coming.

PanzIV

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (teh man w00ter @ Jul 7 2008, 23:48)
I still cant get over how real it looks, that's all I could think of when I saw the OP's vid.

Ah. I think you mean mine. confused.gif lol.gif

gamesguru: Ok, cool. It must be a really rare thing. Nice hunting. sneaky2.gif

Fizziii
  • Fizziii

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Mzeppelin @ Jul 8 2008, 09:24)
One of them flipped the car with me in it too. And they always crash into my saved cars at my safehouses. It pisses me off.

Set a way point about a block away from your safehouse, then take the taxi to the waypoint. Then walk the block. It'll save your cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users