Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Location

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3,403 replies to this topic

Poll: Where do you think the next GTA will take place? (4530 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you think the next GTA will take place?

1. Vice City (1127 votes [28.18%])

Percentage of vote: 28.18%

2. San Andreas (635 votes [15.88%])

Percentage of vote: 15.88%

3. London (406 votes [10.15%])

Percentage of vote: 10.15%

4. Europe (multiple cities) (405 votes [10.12%])

Percentage of vote: 10.12%

5. America (multiple cities) (368 votes [9.20%])

Percentage of vote: 9.20%

6. Futuristic (GTA2 style) (71 votes [1.77%])

Percentage of vote: 1.77%

7. Tokyo (212 votes [5.30%])

Percentage of vote: 5.30%

8. Chicago (119 votes [2.97%])

Percentage of vote: 2.97%

9. Detroit (91 votes [2.27%])

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

10. Australia (100 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

11. Hawaii (74 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

12. Carcer City (86 votes [2.15%])

Percentage of vote: 2.15%

13. Singapore (34 votes [0.85%])

Percentage of vote: 0.85%

14. Las Venturas (62 votes [1.55%])

Percentage of vote: 1.55%

15. Los Santos (92 votes [2.30%])

Percentage of vote: 2.30%

16. San Fierro (16 votes [0.40%])

Percentage of vote: 0.40%

17. Washington D.C. (102 votes [2.55%])

Percentage of vote: 2.55%

18. Houston (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote
GTA-UK-NEXT
  • GTA-UK-NEXT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

Definatley London biggrin.gif I really cant understand most of your guys logic in another vice city mercie_blink.gif Its got to be out of london or Tokyo

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (GTA-UK-NEXT @ Jan 4 2009, 22:54)
Its got to be out of london or Tokyo

Thanks for your insight. Tell Dan I said Hi when you goto work next, will you?

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

My cousin and I have been talking about this for the last couple of days.

We both strongerly predict it could be in Tokyo, while the other option would be Miami - Vice City.

Dwayne
  • Dwayne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:39 AM Edited by Dwayne, 07 January 2009 - 04:43 AM.

i reckon in multiple American cities...

Like San Andreas,Liberty City,Vice City...

And detail evry space (not like in SA with half the map with a country side)...i dont mind the desert or country side tho but make it more detailed like GTA 4...I said Vice City cuz the treez own! they r so cool!

I do not wan it to be in London (theres a GTA London so go play that) and it isnt that cool the place (except Big Ben)...not in Australia cuz ppl here r too peaceful (i live in Australia)...AND not in the future cuz that'll be stupid (like steal a hovercraft with rocket boosters than jump out and use lightsaber to kill random robots and than walk in to a store and the keeper will fire a laser blaster at u than u will survive cuz of the laser shield ur holdin than u take a can of super coca cola and get extra health....STUPID!)

If it was set in an Asian country i wuldnt mind (but go play Chinatown wars)...as for the other places i have nevr herd of lol...

Above was wat i wanted....

OK! I reckon thee next place to be set tho is in SA...on PS3 or XBOX 360 tho cuz they'll make betr graphics...
Definetly not Vice City (y do ppl wan and think it will be next in VC??) cuz they'll may as well have it in SA....
AND the last Vice City game (VCS) whoevr made the roads or streets is weird....really hard to get around...its a good game tho

Doubt it'll be in Liberty City cuz GTA 4 (the ownage one) just came out it it ownz so much that if the place was in Liberty City they'll tell u to go play GTA 4...

There mite be a Asian City place on PS3 or XBOX 360 next....(how am i supposed to no???)

so yer probably SA....AND not in the futer

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (Dwayne @ Jan 6 2009, 23:39)
i reckon in multiple American cities...

Like San Andreas,Liberty City,Vice City...

And detail evry space (not like in SA with half the map with a country side)...i dont mind the desert or country side tho but make it more detailed like GTA 4...I said Vice City cuz the treez own! they r so cool!

I do not wan it to be in London (theres a GTA London so go play that) and it isnt that cool the place (except Big Ben)...not in Australia cuz ppl here r too peaceful (i live in Australia)...AND not in the future cuz that'll be stupid (like steal a hovercraft with rocket boosters than jump out and use lightsaber to kill random robots and than walk in to a store and the keeper will fire a laser blaster at u than u will survive cuz of the laser shield ur holdin than u take a can of super coca cola and get extra health....STUPID!)

If it was set in an Asian country i wuldnt mind (but go play Chinatown wars)...as for the other places i have nevr herd of lol...

Above was wat i wanted....

OK! I reckon thee next place to be set tho is in SA...on PS3 or XBOX 360 tho cuz they'll make betr graphics...
Definetly not Vice City (y do ppl wan and think it will be next in VC??) cuz they'll may as well have it in SA....
AND the last Vice City game (VCS) whoevr made the roads or streets is weird....really hard to get around...its a good game tho

Doubt it'll be in Liberty City cuz GTA 4 (the ownage one) just came out it it ownz so much that if the place was in Liberty City they'll tell u to go play GTA 4...

There mite be a Asian City place on PS3 or XBOX 360 next....(how am i supposed to no???)

so yer probably SA....AND not in the futer

GTA 4 the ownage one just came out it ownz that the place was in liberty city so they'll say go play GTA 4??? the way you type confuses me..

Anyway, its going to be in a redesigned Vice City, most people who have been playing the game for a while know that.

HOWEVER, I can see R* shocking us and creating a completely unexpected area for the next game.

pifpaf128
  • pifpaf128

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

It would be cool if the next gta could be in vice city. A re-made vice city like liberty city in GTA IV. The GTA V - Vice City colgate.gif icon14.gif

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:17 AM

If I may, I would like to reiterate what I said earlier.

Personally, I think it is plausible to expect a return to the premise of multiple cities, like San Andreas, but not San Andreas. A multiple-city environment and its differences could nowadays be effectively communicated through the level of life that is now possible for inclusion in a GTA title. From the internet, to what pedestrians say, to what a billboard says and to what you hear on the radio, this level of life for more than one city in a GTA title could be communicated to the player more effectively than ever before. This life can be used to give the location its own feel, all while obviously being based on another real-life location. Just look at Liberty City and even San Andreas. Now imagine the success of both locations stepped up tenfold in a much larger playground.

Of course, having a larger environment with the same amount of - or more than - IV's Liberty City would have to come at the expense of detail, unless the same level of detail as we saw in IV can be efficiently and easily carried across to the next title. Dead spaces - hopefully - are forever a thing of the past. No one's to say that countryside will never again feature in a GTA title, only dead spaces. Now, would this mean a limit on the amount of countryside, or a clause on the type of rural land that could feature?

I do not expect a return to Vice City. A return to the east coast paradise would be a little too predictable, and it is not in Rockstar's nature to be predictable. Seriously, how many people expect a return to New York? I have a feeling that Rockstar are thinking that we 'know' that a single city will be the next location, as Liberty City's level of detail 'cannot' be equalled or surpassed. So that is why I think the surprise will be a multiple-city location.

Guanxi
  • Guanxi

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

Grand Theft Auto V (2012).
Available for Xbox 3, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Marks the 10th anniversary of Vice City, 1986. Same year different world, RAGE 2.0. Focus on deep storytelling, the setting a more gritty, fully-realized accurate depiction of life during the Reagan administration through the eyes of an illegal immigrant from an unnamed Caribbean island who travels to the United States in the hope of escaping poverty for a new life on the straight and narrow path but quickly find themselves feeling trapped and forced into a life of crime just to survive.

The emphasis very much upon the stark contrasts between the media glamorization of life in the Miami criminal underworld of the day ala Scarface, Miami Vice and of course Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and the reality.

The city itself will more closely model the street maps, architecture and landmarks of Miami with particular attention to 1986, but Rockstar will retain creative license to create very much their own city, optimized for gameplay, on a scale not too dissimilar to Grand Theft Auto IV's Liberty City, which may or may not include portions of the greater metro area.

The soundtrack will be greatly expanded from the original, however the choice of song selection will largely be on the obscure side and made with particular attention to the character and their story, so I wouldn't expect another big hit collection if I were you or you will probably be disappointed, however the xbox and PC versions will in all likelihood allow custom tracks. No original stations, hosts or guests will return with the added exception of Lazlow.

Television, print media, mobile phones, "friends" and multiplayer will also figure prominently in much the same way as GTA IV unfortunately, however print media in the form of magazines and newspapers will replace the internet. Tragic.

The Tommy Vercetti "street" outfit will be an unlockable. However there will be no mansions or coke barons or private yacht parties. There may be a golf course, but don't kid yourself because you won't have the option to play golf. GTA V will be all about the Jet ski's, jetmax's, Squallo III's, helicopters (no planes) and limited but expanded weapon (no Ammu-nation, but chainsaws, etc) and clothing options and a modest condo overlooking the gasworks or some sh*t.

Of course you unlock several other squalid sh*t-holes throughout the course of the game as more of the map is unlocked (hurricanes) but buying property and small businesses will be a no no, even if you have over $1m dollars in cash by the end of the game that you will have no hope in hell of ever being able to spend. Why do they do this to us?

Rampages will not return, not since 2002 have they, the most wanted system from IV will likely be adapted with in-car police scanners, stunt jumps will return, as will collectable hidden packages (as always) which may well be a flock of seagulls (get it)? Illegal street racing and dirt biking will return with dirt-ring and multiplayer destruction derby also being a possibility.

And for me, which is not a given at all, I would like to see in the next generation the return of proper vigilante, taxi driver, fire fighter, pizza boy and paramedic updated with decent unlockable rewards that contribute to 100% completion.

The announcement will happen in mid 2011 after E3 at or around the time of Leipzig, the first trailer will launch early 2012, the provisional release date will announced shortly afterwards via the website claiming October 2012, the second trailer in June will date it but it will be undoubtably pushed back by the 3rd trailer to Q2 2013 for no other reason than because they like f*ck with your brain. In reality some degree of hype-building, some degree of over-optimism. There will be a total of 5 trailers including 2 after the delay. The PC version will finally be released in late 2013 and will play like utter crap.

Starskos
  • Starskos

Wasted

• Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:02 PM Edited by Starskos, 11 January 2009 - 08:45 PM.

Love the VC idea, it was the first one i played and got me completely hooked. SA doesn't seem as dated... IMO Vice City would definately benefit more from a re-visit next time round unless R* decide to go somewhere completely new... how about SA style with VC as one of the cities, a city from from SA and somewhere completely new... i can dream can't i tounge.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:11 PM

I've said it before, but I'm not too wild at all about VC as a standalone game. I can get behind the multiple cities idea with Vice being one of them, but I really don't want a rehash of a seven-year-old game. I respect everyone's feelings and all, but really, f anyone is that nostalgic for Tommy and crew, there's already a game to play for that. I'd like to actually see some new ground broken in the series for a change.

LatiinoHeat
  • LatiinoHeat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:13 PM

Have half the game is Mexico and half in LS, everyone wins

Or in London, and I live in London so don't say its all people who are posh and the london eye and sh*t. I live in the ghetto area of London and its f*cking ruff so have it half in the rich side of london, central and then some parts in North London where the real sh*t goes down

left circle left

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (LatiinoHeat @ Jan 10 2009, 07:13)
Or in London, and I live in London so don't  say its all people who are posh and the london eye and sh*t. I live in the ghetto area of London and its f*cking ruff so have it half in the rich side of london, central and then some parts in North London where the real sh*t goes down

icon14.gif If the game is taken out of North America, London would be my top choice.

There are a number of topics that discuss the Mexico/US border concept at length, some of them with maps even. I think it's a really cool idea, and one I'd mentioned in the past incarnation of this subforum in the leadup to IV.

keybladekyle
  • keybladekyle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

I think London would be great, especially with the next olympic games being held there. The spotlights going to be on London so why not host the next GTA there?

Derelict Frog
  • Derelict Frog

VRock - Home of the Vulture

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

Vice City would be amazing. Imagine them adding a massive swamp land and you can have airboat chases biggrin.gif

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

Born Scottish, DIE SCOTTISH

• Members

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

EDINBURGH

Its where GTA was started (the best GTAs)!

Forget about that dump London, set it in Scotland!

Ultraussie
  • Ultraussie

With Sexy Company of CowGirl69 :P

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

Either good old Aus-Tray-Lea-Ah AKA Down Under, or Vice city.
Ahhhh yeah baby.
Or...
user posted image
GTA-VC?
Ahh Haa!!!!
And look at the heli in the Top left corner! tounge.gif

JWO
  • JWO

Grove Street member

• Members

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

user posted image
Detroit FTW!

dave123
  • dave123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

America has been done (brilliantly), time for the UK.

How about starting of in the grittiest parts of Glasgow (maybe Gorbals in the 70-80s), sectarianism, neds and knifings.
Moving on to Edinburgh and the Scottish countryside, big castle, fantastic scenery.
Soon moving on to big London, the possibilities are endless.

Maybe having the game progress through time as you go along, from say early 80s to present.

(Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread first)

dannynaylor
  • dannynaylor

'the haymaker'

• Members

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

Vice City or San Andreas, aslong as it looks like the place its based on as well as NY was for Liberty City. And also have quads, pedal bikes and jetskis biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

magpies007
  • magpies007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

i dont no if its just me but vice city was based in the 80s then san andreas in the 90s then gta 4 is based on present times so im led to believe that maybe they will base the next one in a futuristic city.

magpies007
  • magpies007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

They would make up a futuristic city to keep us surprised. Otherwise the game should be based in australia before they do london because australia is a more exciting place to base a game.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:55 AM

I want Tokyo. Would be f*cking awesome to see the Japanese gangs like the Yakuza and Zaibatsu go at it.

Besides, Zaibatsu returning would f*cking own.

dark.clown
  • dark.clown

the darkest clown =A=

• Members

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:43 PM

i think it would be cool to see england in the virtual world. as The Getaway has let use down i think it should be in a place wich has riches but still has a dark underworld. basicly liberty city but some were new. i have grown up from the black ghetto/outa the hood sh*t so san andreas is old......... but l.a wouldnt work because of midnight club. but it would be good to be in vagas.... but i dont have the best ideas! i guess we will just have to wait and see wont we?

GTAFreak6989
  • GTAFreak6989

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

put he next gta in Canada
that would be cool

GTAFreak6989
  • GTAFreak6989

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

supposedly they were gonna make a gta disneyland
there was even a screenshot of the playable character putting a gun to mickey mouse's head

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:18 AM Edited by Mainland Marauder, 22 January 2009 - 01:52 AM.

Welcome to GTAF, GTAFreak6989.

QUOTE (GTAFreak6989 @ Jan 21 2009, 17:12)
supposedly they were gonna make a gta disneyland
there was even a screenshot of the playable character putting a gun to mickey mouse's head

First of all, please don't double post.

user posted image

Take a look at the upper-right hand corner here and you'll see this button. Use that to amend your posts. Thanks.

As for your quoted post, I highly doubt that GTA and Disney will mix anytime soon. Disney would never go for it, and besides....why? Seriously.

Fleckz
  • Fleckz

~ Sierra Lieutenant ~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:26 AM

Like Rockstar Games did with GTA3 and transformed it to to a living, fully detailed breathing city, I'd like to see this done to Vice City. Hopefully, in the same time era as Vice was. The 80's. The drug game going on, with a protagonist willing to put his hands in almost anything.

As a few posts above, someone suggested London. I can hardly see this happening. London is Soho Games' territory, so I believe Rockstar will leave it to them or another company to cover.

Guanxi
  • Guanxi

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:23 PM Edited by Guanxi, 24 January 2009 - 02:40 PM.

I was thinking recently about how future fully-fledged releases might be downloadable episodic content, with a retail disc also available for people without a broadband internet connection to install to the HDD.

The expansion would require the GTA IV disc to run the engine, allowing for smaller manageable file sizes that don't take too long to download or overly take up too much of the available storage space. Having installed the expansion to the HDD, you could seamlessly move from one Vice City (expansion) to Liberty City (IV disc/HDD install) using the "Juank Air terminal system" or pilot a helicopter in a certain direction and moving onto the "VC tile" ala GPS SD card systems. Games and mission packs could then take place over several cities, creating unique opportunities for story telling and adding a further dimension to the sense of a living breathing world.

Edit: Edited for spelling errors.

TMR2007
  • TMR2007

Wacky Wavy Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man - and Child.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

May or may not be Vice City.

Rockstar said they only went back to Liberty City because they were not happy with their previous attempt. Now we just have to wonder whether thats that, or whether they will continue this canon by going through the same cities as III, but having them based more thoroughly on their counterparts.

I'm hoping its Vice City as it will be crazy to revisit somewhere, similarly to when I first played IV, where I have been before in the past and find it revitalised and looking incredibly realistic.

Anti-Flag
  • Anti-Flag

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

I would want it to be Carcer City as in every game so far its been mentioned but never actually had a game set there, and I would like to see what the hell it is! pardon my language...

But its kind of clear now that its obviously going to be in Vice City suicidal.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users