Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Location

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3,403 replies to this topic

Poll: Where do you think the next GTA will take place? (4530 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you think the next GTA will take place?

1. Vice City (1127 votes [28.18%])

Percentage of vote: 28.18%

2. San Andreas (635 votes [15.88%])

Percentage of vote: 15.88%

3. London (406 votes [10.15%])

Percentage of vote: 10.15%

4. Europe (multiple cities) (405 votes [10.12%])

Percentage of vote: 10.12%

5. America (multiple cities) (368 votes [9.20%])

Percentage of vote: 9.20%

6. Futuristic (GTA2 style) (71 votes [1.77%])

Percentage of vote: 1.77%

7. Tokyo (212 votes [5.30%])

Percentage of vote: 5.30%

8. Chicago (119 votes [2.97%])

Percentage of vote: 2.97%

9. Detroit (91 votes [2.27%])

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

10. Australia (100 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

11. Hawaii (74 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

12. Carcer City (86 votes [2.15%])

Percentage of vote: 2.15%

13. Singapore (34 votes [0.85%])

Percentage of vote: 0.85%

14. Las Venturas (62 votes [1.55%])

Percentage of vote: 1.55%

15. Los Santos (92 votes [2.30%])

Percentage of vote: 2.30%

16. San Fierro (16 votes [0.40%])

Percentage of vote: 0.40%

17. Washington D.C. (102 votes [2.55%])

Percentage of vote: 2.55%

18. Houston (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote
FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

As it seems, Rockstar is trying to visit different eras with different themes. This is applied to all the games from its publishing not only Grand Theft Auto. Since we are talking about GTA V, then we predict which era it will take place in by removing the eras that were already visited. By predicting the era, we would probably be able to predict which setting it will take place in more accurate than before.

tha blazer
  • tha blazer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

I just hope it's VC or SA, I don't want GTA universe to expand, there is so much love among fans for Vice City and San Andreas, new locations are unnecesary tounge.gif

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

I want to make a topic but I just don't know where to set it.
I've been thinking about 60s London or 70s New Orleans, what do you guys think?

Personally I think New Orleans is the bestlocation choice. My reasons being:
1. It has a unique culture. This cities vibrant, exotic and laid back culture is more similar to the West Indies or France rather than the US.

2. It's set out unlike any other city in the US. The architecture of New Orleans is unique, full of old French buildings amongst palm trees and swamps.

3. It has a high crime rate. Sadly New Orleans is one of the worst cities in the US for crime, normally lurking around the top 10 highest murder rates in America.

Imagine playing a GTA in smoke filled jazz clubs, third world ghettos, steamy alligator ridden bayous, seedy gamlbing dens and alcohol soaked brothels.
Or playing alongside Creole crime lords, Voodoo shamans, inbred Cajuns and psychotic gang bangers.

I detailed my reasons for 60s London a few pages back if you're interested.

silentsharklol
  • silentsharklol

Bianco Crime Family

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:00 AM

How about Cottonmouth City? (City from Manhunt 2) Or Bullworth? (City from Bully) Both were cool Cities and have potential to be a GTA City IMO.

roman
  • roman

Ladies, hide your titties!

• Members

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:59 AM

I really miss Vice City and San Andreas, and I would like to see them return soon, but I don't know... I think it would be neat to see a totally new city, maybe one with snow (the way Mafia II had it?).

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (silentsharklol @ Jan 18 2011, 00:00)
How about Cottonmouth City? (City from Manhunt 2) Or Bullworth? (City from Bully) Both were cool Cities and have potential to be a GTA City IMO.

Seeing that Cottonmouth is in Florida, people would complain that they went there instead of Vice City. Also, Manhunt 2 shows Cottonmouth in 2013 already, and it is deserted for all intents and purposes. So they would have to set it in the past, and what would they base it on? Orlando?

And Bullworth definitely couldn't be used alone. It is a tiny town in comparison to a GTA city.

bucsfan
  • bucsfan

I'm the voice of the people, like Moses, only keepin it real

• Members

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

I'd have to say they'd go with Detroit (as Carcer City) and maybe even Chicago together. They haven't gone down the midwest route, and there's a lot of ways they can branch out the storyline. They said they don't just want to improve the graphics on San Andreas or Vice City, (although Vice City would probably get a complete overhaul) but this is something new.
Who knows, if they really want to impress us they can maybe add DC (Capitol City) but I don't want to get too greedy.

silentsharklol
  • silentsharklol

Bianco Crime Family

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Jan 18 2011, 03:33)

Seeing that Cottonmouth is in Florida, people would complain that they went there instead of Vice City. Also, Manhunt 2 shows Cottonmouth in 2013 already, and it is deserted for all intents and purposes. So they would have to set it in the past, and what would they base it on? Orlando?

But maybe they could include Vice City as well? (And tbh I always thought Cottonmouth was based New Orleans) But I think Orlando or Jacksonville could work.

batmankidal
  • batmankidal

Biker dude

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:21 AM

I'd like to see how R* make Vice City more fun and detail to explore..

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (silentsharklol @ Jan 21 2011, 01:00)

But maybe they could include Vice City as well? (And tbh I always thought Cottonmouth was based New Orleans) But I think Orlando or Jacksonville could work.

The best evidence that has been found shows that it's in Florida and in the same universe as GTA III's era. To quote WikiHunt (The Manhunt Wikia site):
QUOTE (http://manhunt.wikia...iki/Cottonmouth)
Cottonmouth is situated on the west coast of Florida, because the police helicopter shares the same colors with the Vice City Police Department Police Maverick helicopter, the Burrito, Stinger and Admiral cars have Florida license plates, and there are palm trees in several levels. The city is possibly based on Tampa.

Now, I'm a strong proponent of a late 50s GTA set in the New Orleans area. That would be an ideal setting for me.

DCTF
  • DCTF

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

As an English person, I should be behind London but to be honest I don't want it. The driving would be a huge ordeal - no grid, too many narrow streets and too much detail.

I did wonder of the appearance of Arnaud in the final DLC meant that it might be Paris, but really I'd be perfectly happy if it stayed in the US. I'll play it and love it no matter where they set it, if the game's good.

I'd like to see a new GTA city based on Detroit. There's a lot of potential for creating a GTA city based on a fictionalised Detroit, if it's taken towards the likely conclusions. Detroit's getting more and more ruined, and it's not just the Projects - there are also buildings that were once very grand, haunted-looking places like this: http://www.guardian....0173054&index=0

Right now, there's a population that's too poor to move out alongside richer people who've taken advantage of the low property prices, hoping for things to improve. This would be a perfect GTA environment, if you imagine that scenario taken a little way forward: a Detroit-like city getting back on its feet, lots of construction, lots of money flying around, but large areas of abandoned buildings where the police don't go and anything could be happening. Politicians, big business, whatever you can imagine could be there.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

And Bullworth definitely couldn't be used alone. It is a tiny town in comparison to a GTA city.

They could do what they did in IV, include the two states, in this case cities. Most of the map will be Vice City, and the last island can be a piece of Cottonmouth while the rest is closed off due to high crime rates. I would say serial killer on the loose, but the Manhunt and GTA universes have no relations.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Jan 22 2011, 18:22)

They could do what they did in IV, include the two states, in this case cities. Most of the map will be Vice City, and the last island can be a piece of Cottonmouth while the rest is closed off due to high crime rates. I would say serial killer on the loose, but the Manhunt and GTA universes have no relations.

Ah but they do. In GTA III, they talk about what is happening in Carcer City during Manhunt 1, and Manhunt 2 is the same universe as Manhunt 1. Thus, Manhunt 2 is the same universe as the GTA3-era.

ficko88
  • ficko88

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

Hey folks

I think that GTAV should take place in some sunny, seaside. Something like Vice City; warm sandy beaches, night clubs and stuff. GTAIV is cool and all but it has a a feeling like a war is going on.

It should also be like in the 70's or in the 80's! Vice City was also good because of the music. We can all agree that the best music was produced in the 80's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users