Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV BETA: An In-Depth Look With Pics.

336 replies to this topic
gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (GT409 @ Jul 9 2008, 20:21)
The white car in the Dukes car picture looks sorta looks like the Miabatisu Vincent, it was in the game

Sorry, I meant the right screen; I will correct it, once the picture is working on TinCan's post. blush.gif

TinCan
  • TinCan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:20 AM

alternate link:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2h30xv5.jpg

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (TinCan @ Jul 10 2008, 00:20)
alternate link:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2h30xv5.jpg

Thanks, I will update the list tomorrow (well today, but it's 01:32 here so I can't be bothered to do it right now; maybe I'll get some sleep first lol.gif ); thanks TinCan cookie.gif .

Day29
  • Day29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:59 AM

Here are some things from the early GTA 4 previews:

More side-activities are promised, and pedestrians and traffic flow is different depending on the time of day.

Your mobile phone can be used to set up deals or arranging ambushes - you can call the shots. More on this promised later.

The goal of GTA IV is to make the city look more populated than anything else people have seen before in a game like this.

As expected, there's no more pop-ups of buildings and trees as we've seen in the past.

Niko will be able to climb and descend exterior fire escapes and some meetings will take place high in the office buildings of skyscrapers. It's said that from on top of them you'll be able to throw people off.

"Fun ridiculous" weapons is said to be in the game, because R* is not going too "naturalistic".

During the demo, Niko was seen approaching a bus stop. When he reached it, an icon appeared on-screen that enabled him to control the bus schedule.

Niko can freely climb wherever possible.

When selecting a contact on your mobile phone, a list of several commands are made available to the player, such as "meet me here" etc.

Determining which figures you need to kill requires perception - there are no arrowheads to direct you like in the previous games.

You can find "useful things" in cars that you hijack.

Heavy fire will scar - and permanently destroy - parts of the environment.

The car paint jobs are noticable from newer cars being gleaming and spotless, to old cars being rusted and dull.

Interior walls can be greatly damaged, "ripping chunks out of the plaster with gunfire."

Its Dan Dan Ey
  • Its Dan Dan Ey

LC Prostitute

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Day29 @ Jul 10 2008, 08:59)

More side-activities are promised, and pedestrians and traffic flow is different depending on the time of day.

Your mobile phone can be used to set up deals or arranging ambushes - you can call the shots. More on this promised later.

The goal of GTA IV is to make the city look more populated than anything else people have seen before in a game like this.

As expected, there's no more pop-ups of buildings and trees as we've seen in the past.

Niko will be able to climb and descend exterior fire escapes and some meetings will take place high in the office buildings of skyscrapers. It's said that from on top of them you'll be able to throw people off.

"Fun ridiculous" weapons is said to be in the game, because R* is not going too "naturalistic".

During the demo, Niko was seen approaching a bus stop. When he reached it, an icon appeared on-screen that enabled him to control the bus schedule.

When selecting a contact on your mobile phone, a list of several commands are made available to the player, such as "meet me here" etc.

Determining which figures you need to kill requires perception - there are no arrowheads to direct you like in the previous games.

You can find "useful things" in cars that you hijack.

Heavy fire will scar - and permanently destroy - parts of the environment.

The car paint jobs are noticable from newer cars being gleaming and spotless, to old cars being rusted and dull.

Interior walls can be greatly damaged, "ripping chunks out of the plaster with gunfire."

source?

i think it is about time we ran an online petition to get gamespot, ign, gametrailers etc etc, to tell us if the game they playedfor review purposes is the same game we are playing today!!! i wouldn't blame rockstar for the missing features either, i would place the blame on take 2 (the publisher)

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:18 AM

I believe this ^^^ is from here while there is more here

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:23 AM

I am shocked to hear that IV wasn't exactly the same as the beta version.

dozingoff.gif

Its Dan Dan Ey
  • Its Dan Dan Ey

LC Prostitute

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (Fuzzknuckles @ Jul 10 2008, 09:23)
I am shocked to hear that IV wasn't exactly the same as the beta version.

dozingoff.gif

i don't think anyone here is saying that, i think it has more to do with whqt reviewers and previewers were saying, so people believed those feaatures would make it into the final game

TT1987
  • TT1987

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

What are those features that didn't make it? I know the built in radio and climbing poles. What else?

JeNvEy
  • JeNvEy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

This wasnt in the final game. When she sais "Please no more killing" all you see is a picture of her in a cutscene

user posted image

Dr.Roetker
  • Dr.Roetker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

OPEN jackets were in the game..or did i missed that? dontgetit.gif

tootricky
  • tootricky

Totally Fraked

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

This is slightly related... but why aren't the fire escapes in GTA4 all accessible from the ground? Some are, but most are off the ground with no way to "pull" them down. This game would have been so much more vertical if you could actually access the roofs of buildings!

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (JeNvEy @ Jul 10 2008, 20:23)
This wasnt in the final game. When she sais "Please no more killing" all you see is a picture of her in a cutscene

user posted image

Yes it is! I thought it wasnt either.. but when finished the storyline missions, the is at the peir near the bowling alley as a "Random Character" you can do missions for. I did the mission the other day and thought "Ah.. thats where that cutscene in trailer 2 is off" tounge.gif

Apollo_33
  • Apollo_33

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (JeNvEy @ Jul 10 2008, 10:23)

user posted image

As someone said, it is in the game. Is a Random Ped mission.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:25 PM

^I third that. I also stated, I would not post anything in the list that was stated as a 'feature' in previews; only pictures that have changes in them.

woozie92
  • woozie92

Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:05 PM

You would be able to take a bus ride and they said the buses would be full of people.
I was looking forward to that confused.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:24 PM

List Updated.

I also corrected the mistake on the car area of the Misc Section (changed text to say right screen, instead of left).

Again, thank you all for your contributions, cookie.gif s to you all.

Its Dan Dan Ey
  • Its Dan Dan Ey

LC Prostitute

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (tootricky @ Jul 10 2008, 11:18)
This is slightly related... but why aren't the fire escapes in GTA4 all accessible from the ground? Some are, but most are off the ground with no way to "pull" them down. This game would have been so much more vertical if you could actually access the roofs of buildings!

i thought this was the dumbest move they could have made

Suki007
  • Suki007

GTA Lady

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

This is a really good topic. It must have taken time getting all the images and noticing the differences. Welldone, i'm gonna give you a cookie.gif Yum!

Day29
  • Day29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Its Dan Dan Ey @ Jul 10 2008, 05:12)
source?

i think it is about time we ran an online petition to get gamespot, ign, gametrailers etc etc, to tell us if the game they playedfor review purposes is the same game we are playing today!!! i wouldn't blame rockstar for the missing features either, i would place the blame on take 2 (the publisher)

Well if you go to GTA4.net and click on "News" and go to "Reviews", those all all excerpt from various reviews on there; just in case anyone needs proof.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Suki007 @ Jul 10 2008, 16:37)
This is a really good topic. It must have taken time getting all the images and noticing the differences. Welldone, i'm gonna give you a cookie.gif Yum!

Thanks cookie.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif .

It took longer to make 'cause I only had paint at the time.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Its Dan Dan Ey @ Jul 10 2008, 14:29)
QUOTE (tootricky @ Jul 10 2008, 11:18)

i thought this was the dumbest move they could have made

Amen, brother. Some, even when you reach them, aren't even climbable. Niko just slips and slides, jogging in place. If it was a feature than was never meant to be in the game I'd understand, but if you look at trailer two all the fire escapes reach the ground. Which means they took it out for unexplained reasons.

michaelekylon
  • michaelekylon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

Tbh the beta version would have kept me entertained a whole lot longer. I mean fire escapes, music on mobile phone, climbing up telephone poles, ferries sarcasm.gif , bus rides (along defined routes)

What happened to the massive amount of peds also, like in one of the first screenshots. And the awesome amount of traffic outside the burger shot in another screen.
Also the searchlights on the side of police cars isn't there anymore.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (michaelekylon @ Jul 10 2008, 21:09)

Actually they're, you've just go to look.

woozie92
  • woozie92

Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (michaelekylon @ Jul 10 2008, 18:09)
Tbh the beta version would have kept me entertained a whole lot longer. I mean fire escapes, music on mobile phone, climbing up telephone poles, ferries sarcasm.gif , bus rides (along defined routes)

What happened to the massive amount of peds also, like in one of the first screenshots. And the awesome amount of traffic outside the burger shot in another screen.

I usually get alot of cars (+15) around that burger shot dozingoff.gif

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:24 AM

Great thread! But there is something else you missed (forgive me if this was mentioned before here).

In the first trailer, when it shows us the Platypus ship (where you said there used to be rotating antennas), look at the men around the docks. Some have objects in their hands such as hammers, and one even appears to be holding a giant plank of wood over his shoulder. These aren't in the game anymore. The hammer could have also possibly been used as a melee weapon.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:25 AM Edited by gamesguru, 11 July 2008 - 11:31 AM.

QUOTE (Claude94 @ Jul 11 2008, 02:24)
Great thread! But there is something else you missed (forgive me if this was mentioned before here).

In the first trailer, when it shows us the Platypus ship (where you said there used to be rotating antennas), look at the men around the docks. Some have objects in their hands such as hammers, and one even appears to be holding a giant plank of wood over his shoulder. These aren't in the game anymore. The hammer could have also possibly been used as a melee weapon.

The Hammer is in the game but I don't think the plank is, it looks like it out of place (and is it Niko?); scripted most probably. Once I get confirmation to use something found in another thread about another BETA gun, then I will add this aswell.

You've got a good eye monocle.gif .

PS: I'm going on my holiday for 11days on Sunday, so don't worry that this list doesn't get updated if new finds are posted; 'cause when I get back I will update ASAP. wink.gif

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

Stand at an intersection for a few seconds and watch things pile up...

the key phrase being "wherever possible"

There are plenty of dirty and/or rusty cars in the game

This is possible in certain places.

^^

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (fishing4monkeys @ Jul 11 2008, 12:20)

Stand at an intersection for a few seconds and watch things pile up...

the key phrase being "wherever possible"

There are plenty of dirty and/or rusty cars in the game

This is possible in certain places.

^^

Owned! lol.gif

But what I really made this post for is to tell you all that I have updated the Misc section with; Revolver ( dro0001 ) and Man With Plank ( Claude94 ).

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Rautatie
  • Rautatie

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

This was very interesting. By the way, where did you get that ''Track Swapping''-picture?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users