Photo

Not that we need another FM idea but...

17 replies to this topic
ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:12 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 26 August 2009 - 07:47 PM.

Edit: This is PSN Only...sorry should have put that in the title...

Ok..until last night I had never seen more than 3 stars in free mode. I was testing out the theory that you could transport vehicles on the Tugboat (which is bull BTW Ė when you try to drive a car onto the back of the boat you hit an invisible wall and into the water you go) and when that didnít work I decided to do some sniping from just offshore and got to 4 stars. A police helo came and since I have wanted to dogfight them since getting into MP I made a dash for a helo myself and was killed just as I got back to shore. I tried this several times, even parking a helo close by before I started, but just couldnít do it by myself.

user posted image

So here is the plan for getting (and staying alive during) 6 stars:

PEOPLE NEEDED:
This is what we would need minimum I think...

1. 2 helo pilots
2. 2 people to act as gunners for the helos (1 each) armed with RPGs & A4s (or is it M4...I forget)
3. 4 people on the Tugboat armed with assault and sniper rifles ( more than four would be too hard considering anyone not driving kinda has to walk with the boat while it moves or they will fall off...might even wanna go with 3)

OPTIONAL PEOPLE

1. 2 Dingys (or any fast boat) with two people each (Iím not sure any of the boats seat more than two) maybe fitted w/small arms for quick drive-bys along the shore.
2. 4 people brave enough (and good enough) to fight from shore.

I would obviously prefer that people choose a position they are good at.

user posted image

THE PLAN

First, we all meet in party mode, arm ourselves to the hilt with the appropriate weaponry, then go into free mode. I am going on the assumption that you can carry your weapons from party mode into the next game. If you canít do this, then we would just have to spend some time arming ourselves (preferably to max. ammo) once we got to free mode.

We would then each get their appropriate vehicles and meet at the battle zone (see map below). I chose this spot for the battle zone due to the fact that the shoreline is small cliffs (with one small spot to get onshore from the water if needed) and is then lined with a wall (by the road) with just a single gap in it that pretty much all the cops have to file through to get to the shoreline. The cops are dumb (most are anyway) and tend to fall into the water where they are sitting ducks. Also there are buildings close by for ground forces to snipe from.

user posted image

BATTLE

When all forces are in position, a member of the Tug crew will swim to shore, go through the gap in the wall, find a cop and...well...shoot him! He will then immediately return to the Tug and wait for the rest of the cops to start showing up. The reason why a Tug crewmate has to start the fight is that we want the cops to be going after the boat to start with. This way the ground forces and the helos will not immediately be targets.

The small boats will start their runs during the first wave of cops start coming into the battle zone (1 to 2 stars)

Everyone else (ground forces and helos) will hold there fire until we reach 3 stars (you will know when the Ďcop-floodí starts...lol). At that point the ground forces should join in, getting them from behind.

This will continue (and probably wonít take long) until we reach four stars. You will know when this has happened when the police helos start showing up. This will be showtime for OUR helos! Time to take down those Police helos!!! (Iím getting goose bumps...lol) After that...well, I just donít have a plan because I have never seen more than 4 stars in MP.

GAME SETTINGS
Friendly Fire Off
AA Off
Spawn to Near (so ppl that die can get back and watch the battle)
Weapons All

A FEW RULES

1. It is important for everyone to hold their fire until the appointed time for that position. If too many people get 3 or more stars too soon, we will loose people that we will need later in the fight.
2. If you die, you die. Thatís right...one life! The idea is to see how long our group can last in all this chaos. If you die and respawn, you can find your way back to the battle zone to observe what is going on, but cannot participate.
3. The Tug glitch: For those who donít know, there is a way of getting inside the base of the Tug where you can shoot out but no one can shoot in. I go back and forth about this...I think that maybe this should be reserved for the last few standing; example: There are only 3 ppl left...they get to the boat, 1 person drives (the glitch needs a driver to be activated) while the other 2 head for the base of the tug and unload on anyone that follows.

I would like to do this Sunday July 27th, 2008. I have not determined a specific time of day so that we can work around everyoneís schedule and time zone. This also gives us time to get participants and maybe do some scouting of the area to decide final positions.

I also have to work july 4th weekend (I set off a professional fireworks show for my hometown) and am covering the Vanís Warped Tour here in St. Augustine FL for work (I am the online supervisor and lead developer for staugustine.com). Our Warped Tour Site goes live July 11th at www.staugustine.com/warpedtour and the show here is on Sunday, July 13th. Check it out if you get the chance! (Shameless plug, I know...but every hit helps...)

I will start asking for people to sign up on July 20th. For now, this thread is just to see what you all think, if anyone has any suggestions, what postion would you want or maybe Iím just full of sh*t and this is a dumb idea.

I think it will be fun and I believe it is the only way that I will ever see 6 stars in Grand Theft Auto IV Multiplayer.

((Damn this post turned out to be long!)

--Chris

Edit: I am driving 9 hours to Virginia tonight to get to where we fire the FW show, so I will probably not be able to reply to anything in this thread til after the Fourth.

The Moot
  • The Moot

Murder Inc.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

wow, i missed it. looks like it didn't go down anyway. good plan tho.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (The Moot @ Jul 1 2008, 17:42)
wow, i missed it.  looks like it didn't go down anyway.  good plan tho.

huh? mercie_blink.gif U must be in a different "Date" zone... lol.gif

The Moot
  • The Moot

Murder Inc.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:48 PM

oh, july 20. my bad. is this XBOX? if so i'm down
devil.gif

Breggs
  • Breggs

Houses In Motion

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

i'm in.

muscularmatt
  • muscularmatt

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:37 PM

sounds like a plan, one problem i notice is the fact that you can't fire
rockets out of the heli, which is gay

sananoutlaw
  • sananoutlaw

SA player

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:19 PM Edited by sananoutlaw, 01 July 2008 - 11:22 PM.

Hey OP, I love your idea icon14.gif It's very well thought out & i'm interested, the way you've set it up means a headset wouldn't be completely necessary?

Oh & the police heli's come into play at 3 stars, not 4, or is it different in MP?.

dov3434
  • dov3434

Gooner

• D1RTY12
  • Commonwealth

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:26 PM Edited by dov3434, 02 July 2008 - 12:29 PM.

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Jul 1 2008, 22:12)
Edit: This is PSN Only...sorry should have put that in the title...

I'm in since it's on PSN

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Jul 1 2008, 22:12)
I think it will be fun and I believe it is the only way that I will ever see 6 stars in Grand Theft Auto IV Multiplayer.

If you play Hangmans NOOSE on hard you get 6 stars

Seniorbboby
  • Seniorbboby

Air Ground War VET

• Members

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:48 AM

Im down for a pilot.

J4ADM
  • J4ADM

Red Rum Racing

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:28 AM

Chris just so you know, you can transport vehicles on the Large sail boat, it's found on the east coast of Alderney...

See tonksi's video, transporting a fire truck to happiness island!

llCHARGERll
  • llCHARGERll

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

I wanna be a pilot

DEEPINTHEBROWN
  • DEEPINTHEBROWN

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:29 AM

OH MY GOD YOU ARE A TOOL

blood_of_patriots
  • blood_of_patriots

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:21 AM

I get 6-stars single-handedly all the time. Its not that hard to do, just takes some time. The airport is a good place, just load up on armor, RPG, rifle, etc. Kill a random then just keep RGP'ing each cop car or chopper as it comes to you. You can sometimes get a couple carloads of pigs with one round. Park an annihilator close by so you can jump back into it whenever you're out of rounds (you get a full clip just for getting in and getting back out). What sucks is the fuzz eventually stop coming after you for a while, even when you're at six stars. Its like you've already blown away all the cops within a 20-mile radius and you gotta wait for them to send in more reinforcements from Alderney (or Vice City smile.gif )

Sounds like a fun battle plan though.

rnz1369
  • rnz1369

Im too damn old for this nonsense.

• D1RTY12

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:54 AM

eeerm: date OP ChristopherD Posted: Jul 1 2008, 22:12 ?

mr seniorbobby replied to a year old thread.. bit if this goes down, ill drive the dingy lol

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:37 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 21 July 2009 - 09:03 PM.

What in THE Hell?????

This is friggin embarrassing!!!! I was such a n00b back then!

Plus, the post makes hardly any sense without the visual aids!

Bobby, thanks for bringing my humble GTAforums beginnings to the forefront... blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif

(it was a good idea, though...lol I SO wanted my own event! biggrin.gif )

Ahh f*ckit. I'm gonna get the OP pics back up. If ppl are gonna look at this, at least they should see what I was talking about!

Seniorbboby
  • Seniorbboby

Air Ground War VET

• Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

No prob Chris this sounds really fun!

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:29 AM

I've done this single handedly like 100 times

It isn't that hard and only takes like 5-10 mins

And I never do it in the airport

Anywhere but there.

I put it on happiness island only so anyone joining
Has to make a journey

And I always leave friendly fire on

just uzi kill all cops ina vehicle, drop some grenades, repeat

One of my favorite things to do is all the above then when I have six stars I hold up on a roof somewhere wit shotty for cops and rockets for copters

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

Yea...the reason I kinda abandoned the idea was cuz when I went in to test my theory on this, I found that when you are more than 20 or 30 feet offshore, the cops on the shore just wander around confused like they can't find you.

I got to 6-stars by myself on the Tug by just sniping the wandering cops and stopping every cpl minutes to down a police heli.

Boring.

So, please! Let this poor (n00b) thread die already! lol

I would even say:

rampage_ani.gif LOCK THE BITCH! rampage_ani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users