Quantcast

» «
Photo

Try This If You Like Cop/Gang Shootouts!

14 replies to this topic
Lanzfeld
  • Lanzfeld

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

Did the mission "Smackdown" where you have to follow the guy from BurgerShot to his hide out in a cop car to kill him and his gang.

Well I parked out front across the street and crouched behind my cop car and called the cops on 911 about 8 times. I did NOT fire back as I didnt need the cops trying to get me as I watched the drama unfold. Many cops came and surrounded the house and got into a HUGE firefight with the gang outside. It lasted a long time. I would call 911 now and again to have them send more cops as they didnt do this themselves. (I also called an ambulance to add to the drama). After awhile the cops took down those boys outside (the gang had micro uzis and the cops had pistols so it took awhile) then the cops gathered at the front door and tried a breach. The cops got slaughtered going in though (why dont the bad guys get N.O.O.S.E. called on them like me?!?!?)

Anyway...I took it from there and cleaned up inside with a nade and a shotgun. I hate it how I THEN got a wanted level but I used Kiki and it was no more.

Also, when it was over, there were about 9 cop cars outside the house and bodies everywhere. Plus some good ambulance action. Looked cool!

But if you want to witness a grand shoot-em-out try this. Just remember not to fire!

XxLDCxX
  • XxLDCxX

Cloud Strife

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

that does sound fun, but i got another thing that is fun.

Cause a traffic jam somewhere in a tight street.And wait until a cop car is stuck in it, then start hitting EVERY car that is in the jam with a bat(Dont hit the cop though). And when all the people start trying to punch you they start hitting each other and a HUGE brawl breaks out and the cops try to arrest all of them, it is really fun to watch.I found this out this morning when i was trying the "Blow 10 cars up in 10 sec" achievment.

Crosby
  • Crosby

This place will come to life Feb 17

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

These are both good. Thanks for sharing.
More stuff I learned in this forum that I wouldn't
have figured out.
cookie.gif cookie.gif for the both of ya

Lanzfeld
  • Lanzfeld

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:48 AM

I love the brawl starting idea.

Thanks!

MrKlorox
  • MrKlorox

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:53 AM Edited by MrKlorox, 02 July 2008 - 01:55 AM.

Haha! I actually did this two days ago. I killed the guys outside then called the cops, shot them for a wanted level, waited for more to show up, cleared my wanted with the cheat, then walked by the door until the guys in the house started shooting at me. The cops took them down except for the guy upstairs, so I shot a cop and had him follow me up there before clearing my wanted level. Afterward, there were maybe 6 cops on the staircase when I got the end of mission wanted level and blasted to death by a couple of shotguns.

Regardless, it was one of the more interesting ways to handle the mission.

EDIT: For the 10 explosions in 10 seconds achievement, go to the Westdike Autos bikeshop in Alderney. Drive a car through a window and push all eight bikes up close to eachother in a pile, leave the car beside it. Grab another car and park it by the pile as well, now toss a grenade and watch all 10 vehicles explode at once.

Cyrius
  • Cyrius

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:05 AM

I was going for the vigilante level, when I went for a gang that was hold up in an ally.
As I stoped outside the ally they shot at me and accidently hit a copcar that passed by, and the cops started shooting at them.

At first I thout I just wait for the cop to die, when I remembered You can call the cops. So I did several times.
It was like 5-6 copcars lined up as cover for the cops I was crouched behind watching the entire fight.
Very cool, gangmembers heavely armed shooting up the cars.
Unfortunatly one of the gangmembers outflanked the cops and went for me, when I shoot him in selfdefence I imedeatly got 3 stars, and was forst to desperatly flee throug the ally the last gangmember was in.
Only barley made it out of there alive.

Will defenatly experiment more with these tips.

keithmii2
  • keithmii2

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (MrKlorox @ Jul 2 2008, 01:53)
EDIT: For the 10 explosions in 10 seconds achievement, go to the Westdike Autos bikeshop in Alderney. Drive a car through a window and push all eight bikes up close to eachother in a pile, leave the car beside it. Grab another car and park it by the pile as well, now toss a grenade and watch all 10 vehicles explode at once.

That wouldve been easier than what I did. I waited for a mission in which you could not wanted get a wanted level and went to a gas station. 10 stolen cars and some careful parking later.....ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

GTAustralia
  • GTAustralia

GT(A)ustralia

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

Can you please locate that for me??

I've forgotten, and i wanna see some action.. PLEASE let me know asap...

RONIN1191
  • RONIN1191

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

I like both ideas, especially the brawl one, I'm gonna go for that tonight. Since I restarted, I haven't reached Smackdown yet but when I do, I'll keep this in mind.

I got the 10 cars in 10 seconds achievement while engaged in a shootout while holed up in the SoBo safehouse...by accident of course; I had no idea there were that many cars out there til I tossed two grenades (arced in different directions thru the doorway) and started hearing explosions following one another rapidly. Very cool.

yashrulz
  • yashrulz

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Lanzfeld @ Jul 1 2008, 20:09)
Did the mission "Smackdown" where you have to follow the guy from BurgerShot to his hide out in a cop car to kill him and his gang.

Well I parked out front across the street and crouched behind my cop car and called the cops on 911 about 8 times. I did NOT fire back as I didnt need the cops trying to get me as I watched the drama unfold. Many cops came and surrounded the house and got into a HUGE firefight with the gang outside. It lasted a long time. I would call 911 now and again to have them send more cops as they didnt do this themselves. (I also called an ambulance to add to the drama). After awhile the cops took down those boys outside (the gang had micro uzis and the cops had pistols so it took awhile) then the cops gathered at the front door and tried a breach. The cops got slaughtered going in though (why dont the bad guys get N.O.O.S.E. called on them like me?!?!?)

Anyway...I took it from there and cleaned up inside with a nade and a shotgun. I hate it how I THEN got a wanted level but I used Kiki and it was no more.

Also, when it was over, there were about 9 cop cars outside the house and bodies everywhere. Plus some good ambulance action. Looked cool!

But if you want to witness a grand shoot-em-out try this. Just remember not to fire!

When i reached the guy's house'the cops were already there and shooting the gang.I was fun,

Mute Giant
  • Mute Giant

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

Is there a way to start a huge fight between gangs and cops except for in missions? The brawl idea seems cool but regular pedestrians normally aren't armed, and they tend to turn themselves in once the cops show up. I want to vitness some heavy gunfights biggrin.gif

Xbcfootball54X
  • Xbcfootball54X

TMM Member

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:27 PM Edited by Xbcfootball54X, 02 July 2008 - 08:29 PM.

QUOTE (RONIN1191 @ Jul 2 2008, 19:09)
I like both ideas, especially the brawl one, I'm gonna go for that tonight.  Since I restarted, I haven't reached Smackdown yet but when I do, I'll keep this in mind.

I got the 10 cars in 10 seconds achievement while engaged in a shootout while holed up in the SoBo safehouse...by accident of course; I had no idea there were that many cars out there til I tossed two grenades (arced in different directions thru the doorway) and started hearing explosions following one another rapidly.  Very cool.

how did u get into Sobo Hoe's house confused.gif
edit: O wait does SoBo stand 4 South Bohan- suicidal.gif im an idiot suicidal.gif

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (XxLDCxX @ Jul 1 2008, 20:25)

Cause a traffic jam somewhere in a tight street.And wait until a cop car is stuck in it, then start hitting EVERY car that is in the jam with a bat(Dont hit the cop though). And when all the people start trying to punch you they start hitting each other and a HUGE brawl breaks out and the cops try to arrest all of them, it is really fun to watch.I found this out this morning when i was trying the "Blow 10 cars up in 10 sec" achievment.

You don't actually need a bat. Simply kicking the wheel is enough to get any driver pissed just like you smashed a window.

XxLDCxX
  • XxLDCxX

Cloud Strife

• Members

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (chitoryu12 @ Jul 2 2008, 14:34)
QUOTE (XxLDCxX @ Jul 1 2008, 20:25)

You don't actually need a bat. Simply kicking the wheel is enough to get any driver pissed just like you smashed a window.

Very true, except it is a lot funner with a bat biggrin.gif

Forelli_Boy
  • Forelli_Boy

Your chance to repent on the way downstairs.

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:10 AM

I did that for quite a few most wanted missions. What I do is I get to the scene and when the gang members start shooting I duck down behind my car and call the cops. When the first car gets there I whack the driver and get 3 stars. I get to a safe place between the cops and the suspects so the cops will get distracted by the gang members and essentially finish them off for me. lol.gif

The only disadvantage is that I often have to be out of sight of the actual gunfight which sucks since the cops bring shotguns and there's a constant stream of reinforcements, but sometimes it feels just like MGS4 trying to sneak around and out of sight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users