Photo

Gta4 trophies

12 replies to this topic
patrick5152003
  • patrick5152003

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:48 PM

hey, let's all heckle the hell out of R* and get them to put trophies in the game. any one got an email?

reverendhannigan
  • reverendhannigan

Radius Adminion

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

Trophies = Acheivements.

Effilocher
  • Effilocher

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (patrick5152003 @ Jun 30 2008, 19:48)
hey, let's all heckle the hell out of R* and get them to put trophies in the game. any one got an email?

no

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

Two letters never looked so beautiful.

DX2069
  • DX2069

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:12 AM

they should have it for ps3 cause they have it for xbox its only fair

sananoutlaw
  • sananoutlaw

SA player

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:20 AM Edited by sananoutlaw, 02 July 2008 - 04:25 AM.

Isn't there a PS3 update out today that introduces a trophies system for PS3 games? Dunno if this will include IV at some point though.

EDIT:

This

second part of 2.40

vettefan88
  • vettefan88

just call me vette

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (DX2069 @ Jul 2 2008, 04:12)
they should have it for ps3 cause they have it for xbox its only fair

and that's because xbox originally came up with the idea and EVERY game for the console has achievements.
so, should EVERY game on the ps3 be patched to include these "trophies" just to be fair?

no.
I think sony should come up with an original idea. this whole update is just a big ripoff of the 360's features.

Syntek
  • Syntek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:33 AM

Stop crying, grow up, and go back to your damn xbox. Nobody gives a crap about your negative comments. Such fanboy remarks are really pathetic.

R* should indeed add-in the trophy system as it would make things a little bit more fun to play for.

BirdieNumNum
  • BirdieNumNum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:28 AM

Actually, a little game developer from Burbank called Insomniac came up with the concept of what they termed "skill points" way back on the original Playstation with a game series called "Spyro The Dragon", and they have continued to include them in every series they've produced over the years, from Ratchet & Clank to Resistance. All these "achievements" and "trophies" are basically that same idea appropriated by the console makers.

vettefan88
  • vettefan88

just call me vette

• Members

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (Syntek @ Jul 2 2008, 09:33)
Stop crying, grow up, and go back to your damn xbox. Nobody gives a crap about your negative comments. Such fanboy remarks are really pathetic.

R* should indeed add-in the trophy system as it would make things a little bit more fun to play for.

you obviously know nothing of fanboy remarks.
re-read my post.
it's all fact.

if adding it to one game would only be fair, then adding it to every game would have to be done for "fairness"
and the update is a rip of features the xbox has already been using. the in-game xmb only gives you options the 360 blades have been giving.

now, what's REALLY pathetic, is when somebody says something negative about another console some idiot ocmes in and starts throwing "fanboy" around.
just because I don't agree with somebody doesn't make me a fanboy.

now, a fanboy comment would of probably went along the lines of "atleast now all you PS3 users can enjoy custom music in IV... wait, that's right. you can't. as the feature doesn't even work yet. fail"

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:49 AM

lol, I guess microsoft created 'unrealiable consoles'(and OS') as well.

Sony was smart enough not to put that in their systems.

mitmitmit3
  • mitmitmit3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (BirdieNumNum @ Jul 3 2008, 01:28)
Actually, a little game developer from Burbank called Insomniac came up with the concept of what they termed "skill points" way back on the original Playstation with a game series called "Spyro The Dragon", and they have continued to include them in every series they've produced over the years, from Ratchet & Clank to Resistance. All these "achievements" and "trophies" are basically that same idea appropriated by the console makers.

yeh insomniac owns

WaterGolem
  • WaterGolem

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:55 AM

Also, I read somewhere that the trophies won't be retroactive. Which means that IF Rockstar decide to patch the trophy system in, all you 100% club members will have to go back and do everything again in order to get the trophies as well.

On a side note, I'm much more interested in the XMB access in-game, I'm starting to grow tired of the in-game radio stations, custom soundtracks will be sweet. I don't much care for the trophies, I've read too many horror stories about excessive time wasted on obtaining achievements. If I wanted to be addicted to something that bad I'd do something worth it, like heroin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users