Photo

Diablo III

130 replies to this topic
baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 09:17)
QUOTE (TommyAngelo @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 11:06)
QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 06:47)
I don't think I've ever been more excited for a game than I am for Diablo 3. I put so many hours in Diablo 2 and Blizzard never disappoints.

My excitements levels have risen so much in the past week. Less than two weeks to go!

One question, everyone getting a psychical copy or digital?

Digital, if I can get Steam to work.

Diablo 3 isnt on steam.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:25 PM Edited by El_Diablo, 15 May 2012 - 09:31 PM.

LOL!
nearly 1,000 reviews and the average isn't even 3.5 lol.gif

http://www.metacriti...e/pc/diablo-iii

this one is telling...

This is a serious review with no spoilers. To Blizzard and all developers that read this, DRM is not an option and gamers will not except it EVER. Single Player should mean offline play with NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Anyone giving this a low score because they cannot log in to play are morons. The graphics and sound are obviously going to be good. The story might pass or fail in the end. But this game is a complete failure because of server side DRM being recquired. After so many years when blizzards servers shutdown my children will not enjoy this game because of DRM. Shame on you Blizzard and anyone who supports DRM games with their $$$. Duke Nukem may have been a bad game but at least the steam lets me play single player offline. Also wheres our LAN!

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

http://www.metacriti...ii/user-reviews

Jesus Christ!!.......

Yeah, i don't think i will be getting this game after all.

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• D1RTY12
  • Canada

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 21:44)

Jesus Christ!!.......

Its just people complaining about the shaky launch and DRM, if always having to be connected online doesnt bother you, then give the game a try.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (lkkarus @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 22:24)

Jesus Christ!!.......

Its just people complaining about the shaky launch and DRM, if always having to be connected online doesnt bother you, then give the game a try.

A lot of people are also complaining about the attribute point distribution being removed and skills being unlocked as you level up automatically. Sounds pretty basic. And yes, having to be connected to the internet just to play single player deeply bothers me, as its f*cking ridiculous.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

AC2 was 2.9 but the game is masterpiece. Don't listen to whiny bitches.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

To be honest if what these people are saying is true. The game is a massive disappointment. Not even being able to make a unique build for your character, and automatically unlocking skills as you level up, defeats the point. If they are chatting bullsh*t, then please tell me as my opinion will change.

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• D1RTY12
  • Canada

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 22:26)

Jesus Christ!!.......

A lot of people are also complaining about the attribute point distribution being removed and skills being unlocked as you level up automatically. Sounds pretty basic. And yes, having to be connected to the internet just to play single player deeply bothers me, as its f*cking ridiculous.

I'm not sure if this is related but be sure to enable Enhanced Tooltips and Elective Mode in the gameplay options menu. Elective Mode allows you to assign your skills in any manner, rather than being forced to choose from a specific category for each slot - allowing many more possible builds. Both are disabled by default.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (lkkarus @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 22:53)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 22:26)

Jesus Christ!!.......

I'm not sure if this is related but be sure to enable Enhanced Tooltips and Elective Mode in the gameplay options menu. Elective Mode allows you to assign your skills in any manner, rather than being forced to choose from a specific category for each slot - allowing many more possible builds. Both are disabled by default.

Thats 100% related to my concerns and is very good to know.

EDIT : I'm not being sarcastic. To me it looked like sarcasm.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

I dunno if this is credible or not but it's pretty funny.

user posted image

Madvillainous
  • Madvillainous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

Anyone else waiting for the servers to go back up? I'm thinking of suing Blizzard for potential health hazard, I've taken way too many smoke breaks today.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

the following post is entirely relevant.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm loving this game so far! Level 16 Wizard smile.gif

The game is much better playing with people online, although it's incredibly frustrating when someone joins and they decide they don't want to explore the areas... just rush forward without the group sad.gif .

If there's any Australians out there wanting to play, hit me up a pm!

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Remix @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 21:41)
I'm loving this game so far! Level 16 Wizard smile.gif

The game is much better playing with people online, although it's incredibly frustrating when someone joins and they decide they don't want to explore the areas... just rush forward without the group sad.gif .

Yeah that's why I'm going through it in Single Player first so I can enjoy and explore everything.

I do want to play online with people but as of now don't have anyone on my friends list, anyone from the EU here playing it?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

also relevant lol.gif

user posted image

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

That's hilarious!

TommyAngelo
  • TommyAngelo

figure

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Who here is keen to play co-op when I begin nightmare?(currently in act 3 normal)

Hit me up anyway, got a level 25 monk.

FrankieP
  • FrankieP

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

I am sorry if this is in any way inappropriate, but I would be glad to try this game out with starter edition, the unfortunate part is that I am in dire need of a guest pass. I know I might be sounding pretty silly, but I would really appreciate it if someone would be so kind as to give me a guest pass. I might buy this game, but before I do so, I want to try it and see the way it runs on my PC and also the way it is played. Thank you in advance.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

any1 having the bug where act 4 quest 3 isnt showing in the public games menu?

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

Epic game. So far, everything I was hoping for and more. Love it. Played for seven hours straight tonight.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

relevant...

user posted image

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

Level 33 Barb so far. On Act I in Nightmare now. Sweet game. After the many years of D2, same sh*t will happen to me in D3.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

6.3 million copies in the first week. DRM boycott worked as always. cool.gif

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Wednesday, May 23 2012, 08:23)
DRM boycott worked as always. cool.gif

"If you're paying upwards of $60 dollars for a game that you can't play when you choose to play it and you aren't complaining, you're contributing to the biggest problems that faces the game industry."

http://www.escapistm...ways-Online-DRM

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:48 PM Edited by OverTheBelow, 20 August 2012 - 05:50 PM.

New feature in the next patch: Paragon system
http://us.battle.net...n/blog/6968517/

Level 60 Rewards
We understand that some players feel frustrated once they hit level 60 because they no longer feel like theyre making progress. It can be demoralizing to play for an hour, not get any drops, and also be out a big chunk of gold from repair costs.

Introducing the Paragon System
The new Paragon system coming in patch 1.0.4 is designed to address Magic Find gear-swapping while providing players whove reached level 60 with an extended progression system.
Heres how it works:

- After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
- There are 100 Paragon levels
- Every Paragon level will reward you with:
Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what youd gain from a normal level
3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find
- In addition, a distinctive increasingly-impressive border will surround your character portrait in the in-game party frame to denote your Paragon progression, with a new frame earned after every ten levels. Your Paragon level will also be visible to other players wherever your normal level is shown

We know that a lot of you out there are level 60 -- maybe on multiple characters -- and this system provides a way to make progress every time you log in to the game.

This might actually make me start playing again, I havent actually played the new balanced Inferno difficulty yet. And I'm glad they finally got rid of the "invulnerable minions" entity that some special enemies would have.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

last i heard, peoples accounts were getting hacked online, is this still happening?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 07:44)
last i heard, peoples accounts were getting hacked online, is this still happening?

You better Hide yo kids and hide yo wife and hide yo husbands because they be hackin everybody out here.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

Still playing this but it's going really slowly when you only beaten the game once with one character (and who's not so far in his second run) and playing with three other characters.

So Monk on nightmare, Barbarian, Demon Hunter and Mage on their first playthrough... somewhat all level 28-ish.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

Is Diablo 3 just multiplayer?

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 02:01)
Is Diablo 3 just multiplayer?

No. It's online-only so you have to log in to play, but you can play singleplayer or with up to 3 others cooperatively.

I beat Inferno Diablo July 4th and haven't really touched it since but this patch is interesting and I've been playing it off and on again. Battletag is MikeRabsitch#1923 if anyone wants to team up sometime.

I played the auction house pretty hard from the start, made a couple hundred bucks, but then the patch that upped the drop rate flooded the market bad and after beating the game I pretty much stopped. Dabbled in hardcore a bit, still have a 57 witch doctor that I'm scared to move forward with, but I'll play with someone or help them through an area if they need. I've seen loot with mainstat bonuses up to 400 now, that's crazy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users