Photo

Liberty City Minute

6 replies to this topic
Infinite Monkey
  • Infinite Monkey

Don't think about it... ...it's a zen-headache

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

So; I'm just getting around to limbering up for the LC Min acheivement, thought I might as well check for pointers from those who've already done it.

How hard is it? I tend to play a more cautious game (sneak, line up headshot, check it's safe before moving, etc) so how hard do I need to cain it?

Skipping taxi rides can shave time off, yes? But am I right in thinking cut-scenes make no difference?

Also any pointers on quick ways through missions would be nice; I found a suggestion on this forum for using a helicopter in the hotel mission which sounds like genius...

ruusteri
  • ruusteri

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:42 PM

Just do only story missions, no side missions. Money is not problem, because you will get it a lot (over 200 000$ from Three leaf clover)

GTAGangsta58
  • GTAGangsta58

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

Just stay stocked up on ammo, dont hang out w/ friends. mad.gif (You could probally make up for this at tthe end of the game.) And, taxi rides help a lot. If you've already played through the game once, skip the cutscences(not sure if it helps), I beat it in 13hrs and 26 mins biggrin.gif And if it is your second play through, dont worry about your friends at all. If its still the 1st, when they call, accept it, and then cancel it(lose no % liking).

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

I'm looking set for 18 hours on my second playthrough. I keep getting distracted.

Also, ignore pigeons and stunt jumps (unless you really need to make the jump to escape the fuzz). Just power through the missions. You can still be cautious and use cover, but I've found I can get upto 20 missions done in a 2/3 hour session. Easy. It's even easier once you've got past all of the tutorial missions that Roman gives you smile.gif

Breggs
  • Breggs

Houses In Motion

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:09 AM

I got the achievement with a time of 29h 45m cool.gif

I wasn't even trying for it, it came up after the credits and I was like "...yay"

And I screwed around waaaay too much during the story.

GTAGangsta58
  • GTAGangsta58

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (Breggs @ Jun 26 2008, 06:09)
I got the achievement with a time of 29h 45m cool.gif

I wasn't even trying for it, it came up after the credits and I was like "...yay"

And I screwed around waaaay too much during the story.

well, lucky you. tounge.gif i had to play through the game a 2nd time to get it, 1st time was 30 hours and 40 mins bored.gif

Pantheras
  • Pantheras

Pantheras

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

yeah, my first time through i screwed around so much, really getting into the story....ended up with like 40 hrs. my second time through i plowed through the story....finished just under 12 hrs (pretty safe, didn't die/get busted/have to restart missions once). just make sure you always use an online map or something so you can find close armor packs and health packs to stock up, and just plan out the entire mission first. it gets pretty easy to plow through missions, just make sure you listen to directins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users