Algonquin Assassins

4,935 replies to this topic
Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

Hahahaha, I happened to dream of a similar place last night.

Irish00
  • Irish00

I'm the son of rage and love

• Members

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:18 AM Edited by Irish00, 01 June 2010 - 03:24 AM.

Sorry for the absence friends, I got a bit distracted by a place down South with a whole lot of horses and people needing my help. Hopefully I can do some work, but no promises because I've been busy as of late. And with Wolf's assassination, I too find it odd how I did it the exact same way he did it without looking at his post. Well great minds think alike.

Irish00
  • Irish00

• Members

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

Well looks like I'm back again.

After a long two weeks of horseback riding, hunting, and pre-World War 1 weapons, I decided to visit Liberty City again. Wish I could go to Vice City if you know what I mean, but anyway I decided to go after an easy target.

The easiest to me seemed like Si Coe, and honestly after what I've seen these past two weeks, cannibals are truly freaks and I had to take him out of this city for good. I went downstairs and stepped outside. I could smell the rain coming and I could see the ominous black clouds to the west. Had to do this fast before the rain came. I got onto my Freeway(yes the same one) and drove to Middle Park.

When I got there I saw the usual tourists and vendors. I got off by bike and walked around the perimeter of the park taking in the sights and the familiar smell of heavy car pollution that I was so used to. Good to be back to old Liberty.

Eventually I walked by the Libertonian which was still closed after 2 years for some reason. Anyway, as I was walking I saw Si Coe yelling out innuendos in an attempt to sell his hot dogs.

I walked up to him and we made eye contact. What I saw in his eyes wasn't human, and I have no words to describe him. He was.... empty as if he had no soul.

I pulled out my combat pistol and aimed at his body. Next thing I knew he was on the ground bleeding and my clip was empty, the crowd running away. To fulfill the requirements I lit a molotov and threw it at his body.

For some reason I felt no rush to get away. I just walked to my Freeway as the rain began to fall.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:11 AM Edited by Piperka, 02 June 2010 - 07:40 AM.

wow.gif I haven't done one of these since page 59, god how I miss it.

And what happened to showing pics? Irish00? lol

I'll post a target later. And I'll show pics of him/her tounge.gif

EDIT:

New Target

Name: Tyrone Rastalismon
Location: Perseus, Amethyst Street, Castle Gardens, Algonquin, Liberty City.
Reason for target: Blew up my meth lab.

PICTURES:

Perseus
user posted image
user posted image

TARGET
user posted image
user posted image

REWARD: Depends on how well of a job you do. NO PICTURES, NO REWARD! smile.gif

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ May 2 2010, 23:47)
Can everybody post missions? If so, my dear assassins, here's one for you.

Mafia Killer

Target info:
Your assignment is to stage a mafia hit. The target is a colombian male,
Rafael Torres, a.k.a the "Crack Angel", a rather well known drug dealer
who frequently hangs around in Meadows Park, Dukes, looking for
customers. He favours a spot in the playground, on the west side of
the park, but it may take several attempts to locate the target due to the interest that the
LCPD has on him.

Requirements
This thing needs to look like it was a mob job, so head to Perseus
and purchase a black three button jacket with obsidian pants (1000$)
and black wingtips (200$). Now, dressed up like a proper hitman,
head to Little Italy, Algonquin and find yourself either a modded mafia
PMP 600. If you need a piece, visit the
Gunstore and get the standard pistol (Glock).

Now drive to Meadows Park and leave your car to the side of
the road near the playground and locate the target. If the
target is in place, eliminate him with several shots to the
back of his head. If not, return later. Be advised that a screenshot
is required as a confirmation.

Afterparty:
Return to your car and make sure that at least one witness
has seen you. This is crucial in stageing the hit. Now lose the
cops (if any) and drive to Firefly Island, and dump the car
in the water, under the wooden bridge. Make sure the car is
completely sunk and the mission is the completed.

Fee:
After providing the comfirmation screenshot, a reward
of 3500$ will be transferred to your swiss account.

Additional photographic info of you target is found here:

user posted image
Target

user posted image
Close-up on the target's location.

user posted image
Vehicle

user posted image
Suit

user posted image
Dump the vehicle here

TARGET ELIMINATED

I went to Perseus and bought the required clothes, Already had a Custom PMP 600 in my driveway.

I drove to the park in Meadows Park, and parked my car on the side of the road.
user posted image

I entered the park and looked around for Torres, until I found him standing minding his own business
user posted image

I went behind him and quickly aimed at the back of his head
user posted image

before shooting multiple times
user posted image

As he collapsed on the floor, everyone around quickly fled the scene.
user posted image

I went back to my PMP 600, and escaped my wanted level on my way to Firefly Island
user posted image

Shortly after losing my wanted level, I had arrived at Firefly Island.
user posted image

After speeding down under the bridge, I jumped out quickly and let the car go in deep and dissapear
user posted image

I then went to Burger shot for a burger before going home to my safehouse to sleep.

By the way, sorry for the double post.

Irish00
  • Irish00

• Members

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:56 PM Edited by Irish00, 02 June 2010 - 11:07 PM.

Well Piperka pictures aren't needed, they're just helpful for people who dont want to type a paragraph. And also for people who have the necessary items to do so, which I don't own. And really if all hits required pictures, me and Infinite wouldn't be able to do anything and this thread would go back downhill. Again. Besides why would we lie?

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:51 AM

It's more fun with pics. I think it went downhill after the BB Codes were disabled in August 2008, which meant you couldn't [IMG] the pictures, you could only put a link. That's when I stopped I think. Oh well. I guess a well written paragraph is just as good.

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Jun 3 2010, 01:51)
I think it went downhill after the BB Codes were disabled in August 2008...

sad.gif

You think this thread has gone downhill?

Just kidding. This thread has had its ups and downs in levels of activity, but as long as it stays pinned I'm happy. I'm still surprised it ever happened. Oh, and welcome officially to the Algonquin Assassins. If I'm not mistaken that was your first actual assassination.

Irish00, great to have you back, and great work on Si Coe. I'm happy you made it home safely on your two-wheeler, I'm not yet quite willing to ride in the rain unless it's necessary.

My attention here has been a bit sluggish because I have had a cold, but I am in the final stages of beating it now. For all we're worth as a species, the fact that something as simple as bacteria can take us down is, well, kind of lame.

I just got an idea: What if I or someone else started up a similar organization for Red Dead Redemption?

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:26 AM

lol are there enough pedestrians in Red Dead Redemption?

Irish00
  • Irish00

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:04 AM Edited by Irish00, 05 June 2010 - 02:08 AM.

Why are we putting spoiler tags over Red Dead Redemption?

I think it could be done. Although I can't think of any way to do it.

Anyway, for some reason I feel more confident on a bike. Closest thing to a horse if ya know I'm talkin bout pardner.
Disclaimer: All people in the South don't talk like that, trust me I live there.

Infinite Monkey
  • Infinite Monkey

Don't think about it... ...it's a zen-headache

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Jun 2 2010, 07:11)

New Target

Name: Tyrone Rastalismon
Location: Perseus, Amethyst Street, Castle Gardens, Algonquin, Liberty City.
Reason for target: Blew up my meth lab.

PICTURES:

TARGET
user posted image

It was high noon when I decided to mosey on down to Perseus Notions and General Store to see about cashing the bounty on Tyrone Rastalismon. The door swung closed behind me as I took a reckoning of the room: The clerk was nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers, I did not doubt I'd see no trouble from him, but Tyrone stood sound on the goose and eyed me keen and mistrustful.

I faced him square and let him a glimpse of my sidearm. "What say we step outside and settle our differences like men?" I drawled.

"You better hide that sh*t away!" was his only reply.

"Come now;" says I, "don't be lettin' out that you're yellow. What kind of Private Man goes about his business in this 'burg without a peacemaker on his hip?"

Well, my brothers, I am here to tell you that that would be the kind who is nothing less than a bulldozer with a punch like a freight train. For all his high faulting' rig-out, Tyrone dealt me a sucker punch that lifted me clean off my heels and sprawling into a nest of Italian cut silks.

"Well," says I, brisking up and holstering my canister, and spitting a fid of blood on the carpet, "If that's the jig you want to dance then I'll be your huckleberry..."

We went at it then like a pair of Kilkenny cats. By good rights I should have cleaned his plough, but my recent excursions out west on the owl hoot trail had left me a mite rusty in the noble art of fisticuffs, and Tyrone was a wrathy old prodder to the manor born. I got a few good licks on him, mind, but they didn't seem to make no never-mind.

It had been a while since I'd gone mano a mano with a buck so uncommon active and straightforward in his habits at close quarters. But I managed to get a dodge on one of his hay-makers and cracked him a solid one with my sconce on the bridge of his nose, then while he was temporarily buffaloed, I hefted my boot into his Sunday face and we both bust out of the doors and spilled onto the street spitting blood, hair and loose teeth, not all of them each our own.

Tyrone wasn't done with me yet, not by a long chalk, nor I with him, and we had a ways to go afore we came to some remedy. Both of us was near tuckered, but I could see he wasn't going to rest until I was below snakes, and for my part I'd be danged if I was going to hang up my fiddle.

The street was most-part empty, and we stood off a whiles at a short slipe. Then he came at me and I at him at full chisel, with no notion for how I'd fare when we pulled up together and he set to on me once more with those big hams of his.

As I ran at him hell for leather, my eyes caught a flash of yellow as a taxi carriage rounded the corner behind him. Then quick smart I dodged to one side and met him with my shoulder in his ribs. We went sideways across the line as the taxi came came on, and for the next few moments we was both of us up in the air or someplace down. I knew nothing but pain and tumbling as the quirt pulled on the breaks, and when I came to rest I was in a heap but whole, and Tyrone was twisted and broke under me, his eyes staring up at the noon sun with all the quick gone out of them.

I rolled off, and limped home; wishing for spring and a warm bath...

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:54 AM

You know, if anyone posts in this, I haven't forgotten about this thread at all. I understand things ebb and flow and probably this thread has reached its peak, but as far as I care it's still pinned and active.

Grizzly20
  • Grizzly20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

Good evening gentlemen, I come here looking for work, if you know what I mean. This business is what I am best it, dealing in death. I would like to join this organization, the Algonquin Assassins, as a brother, an assassin, ridding this world of the unwanted. I realize that the initiation into this brotherhood involves the signing of a covenant, the manner of execution my signature, the target's blood the ink. I will report back with a debriefing soon when my chosen contract is complete, until then, I bid you farewell gentlemen.

-Michael

Infinite Monkey
  • Infinite Monkey

• Members

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

We look forward to welcoming you into the family.

Admittedly, many of the brethren -like myself- have been distracted of late with life on the prairie (or muddy fields), but we're not ready to be mothballed yet.
We shall always be here and ready for business.

After all; what would happen to the world if -for example- I wished to try and quit smoking again, and I had nowhere to vent my murderous frustrations? Oh, the humanity...

Grizzly20
  • Grizzly20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:31 PM Edited by Grizzly20, 11 August 2010 - 01:39 PM.

Greetings gentlemen, after relentless searching, I have finally found this "bag man". It appears he somehow suspected that someone, the client, had put a hit out on him. Never the less, he is now one with the ground, and his bag is in the hands of the client. Here is a debriefing on how it went down.

Early in the morning I woke up, it was 6:00 am. The sun was creeping over the Liberty City skyline, rays of light slowly pouring into my apartment. I enjoyed the beautiful scene for a short while before getting dressed and having a quick breakfast. I slipped into an Onyx colored suit, with a red tie, and black wing tip shoes. I proceeded to my kitchen area, and pulled out two eggs and five strips of bacon from the refrigerator. After frying the eggs and bacon, I poured myself a glass of orange juice, and quickly downed my meal. As they say, a healthy breakfast helps you get through the day.

Before leaving, I grabbed my sunglasses and briefcase from my nightstand, and called the elevator to take me down to ground floor. The door man greeted me with a short, "Hello sir," and I simply smiled back and made a short hand gesture. As I walked through the door, I was greeted by the refreshing Liberty City morning air, crisp and cool. I gave a short smile, and made my way to my clean, jet black Sentinel. I hurried over to the driver's side, slipped the key into the lock, and opened the door. I laid my briefcase down on the passenger seat, closed the door, slipped the key into the ignition, and started up the machine. I was off to Berchem, for the umpteenth time.

When I arrived in Berchem, it was around 10:00 am. I rode around Berchem, skimming the crowds on the sidewalks. Many people were carrying shopping bags, none fitting the description. Cars honked, people yelled, a car wreck, typical day in Liberty City. Hot dog vendors yelled out innuendos in attempts to sell beef franks. Pollution from the industrial district filled some of the sky. "Today...I will find him...and I will kill him." I said to my self. I came to a red light, and an impatient Taxi driver pulled to the side of me, scratching my recently painted vehicle. I kept my cool, this happened regularly. Then, I spotted him walking along the sidewalks of Berchem.

It was noon when I spotted him, he was donning a black cap, blue/yellow/white collared jacket with the collar fixed upwards. Black sunglasses and gloves, jeans, and sneakers. His face, even though concealed, was reminiscent of a Russian. I pulled over, turned off my vehicle, and stepped out. I slowly walked down the same sidewalk as the target, approaching him nonchalantly. I eased my hand into the shoulder holster concealed by my coat. My hand slipped onto the handle of what the military grade weapons dealer called a "combat pistol," a hand gun reminiscent of a Desert Eagle. However, then he looked over his shoulder.

He looked over his shoulder, his mouth slightly opened, and he took off running. I immediately pulled out my pistol, and fired a single shot into the back of his head. He dropped, almost doing a front flip from the momentum he had gathered. His head made a sickening crack on the pavement, and fresh blood came rushing from the wound. I walked over to the corpse, bent down, and grabbed the bag. I heard the wail of Police sirens in the distance, and knew I had to go. I slipped the gun back into it's holster, and hurried back to the car. I laid the bag on top of my briefcase, slipped the ley into the ignition, and peeled out of there, next stop, Mr Fuk's Rice Box.

I arrived at Mr Fuk's, and pulled into the parking lot. I lowered the window, grabbed the bag, and carefully lowered it onto the black top. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I saw a man in a dark Parka, with the hood up, walk over to the bag, and pick it up. All of a sudden, a shot rang out, nearly hitting the man in the Parka. I muttered a comment on how terrible a shot the Assassin was, made a half switchblade, and darted back to the parking lot. Another shot rang out, missing again. Such a terrible shot.......I opened the passenger side door, and yelled at the man, "Get in!" He obliged, and told me to drop him off at his place in Chinatown. I could tell from his accent he was Asian. We didn't talk after that, and I drove on to Chinatown.

We arrived, and he told me to pull over. I opened the door, and he thanked me. I said nothing, and when he closed the door, I sped off to Northwood. When I arrived, I dumped the car in the water, and hailed a cab back to my Middle Park East apartment. I laid down on my bed, and drifted off to sleep.

Contract complete

-Michael

(on a side note, I think the idea of a thread such as this for Red Dead Redemption is a great idea)

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

Yeah, imagine it. Armadillo Assassins.
I could make it, but I wouldn't bet on keeping it alive, but if someone is up for it I can do some GFX, writing or something.

On-topic. Piperka, colleague, first of all, my appologies for my late reactions on your actions, but I am very thankful and obliged that you helped me, helped us, Liberty City, to get that Torres out of the streets.
This will be a perfect attack, not against Torres and the drug lords of the city, but the Mafia. Thank you, comrade.

Grizzly20
  • Grizzly20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:19 AM

Oh, on another side note, I will be acquiring some MS points either tonight or sometime this week, and will be purchasing GTA: SA. I am PUMPED. I remember long hours playing this amazing game on my PS2. How about we start a "Los Santos Assassins" thread and ask a mod to pin it perhaps. Or maybe San Fierro, or Las Venturas. smile.gif Yeah, Las Venturas definitely sounds better. cool.gif

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

Wow, people posting!

Welcome to the Algonquin Assassins Grizzly20. It was good of you to help out whoever was picking up the bag. There was nothing about it in the assignment other than take it and drop it off, so I have no clue what the contents were.

I'm not so keen myself on starting up a branch in San Andreas, but I allow anyone else to go ahead and try. I'd enjoy trying to do this with Red Dead Redemption but I'm afraid people won't be too keen on losing honor every time they off someone.

In the mean time, keep making a killing.

Grizzly20
  • Grizzly20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (OdDsOcK @ Aug 15 2010, 14:54)
Wow, people posting!

Welcome to the Algonquin Assassins Grizzly20. It was good of you to help out whoever was picking up the bag. There was nothing about it in the assignment other than take it and drop it off, so I have no clue what the contents were.

I'm not so keen myself on starting up a branch in San Andreas, but I allow anyone else to go ahead and try. I'd enjoy trying to do this with Red Dead Redemption but I'm afraid people won't be too keen on losing honor every time they off someone.

In the mean time, keep making a killing.

That's the thing though Father OdDsOcK, you can wear the solid black bandanna to prevent yourself from losing honor. cool.gif

Now, formerly, I am delighted to be a member of this organization. I too have no clue what the contents of that bag were, however, I suspect them to be highly valuable. I also suspect that the man that I assassinated was a member of the Russian Mafia. Or, perhaps, maybe the client was a simple junkie, and the man I killed was a Coke Mule. The Russians could've been watching him to make sure he delivered the product safely. I'm currently working on obtaining a new vehicle, I had to dump my Sentinel, as I stated.

-Brother Grizzly

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:40 PM

hello fellow assassins, I have a client that is in need of your services:

targets name: scott jayden

location:selling hotdogs in the south part of middle park(near the bathrooms)

backstory: jayden is a middle age man who's a hotdog vendor in the day time but at night he acts out his sick "desires". My client nearly lost his wife because of him but couldn't get him arrested do to missing evidence. It's believed that he was a childhood friend of the local police chief.

method of assassination: my client wants you to walk up to the target, buy a hotdog, then deliver a message: "selene sends her regards". the target must be killed with a molotov and during the daytime. be ready to run as the police have a heavy presence around there.

balkans1
  • balkans1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

I am the best assassin in the whole GTA community, i made a video on youtube of all the kills ive done, part 1 is crazy i use every weopen in a certain way check it here (please correct me if its the wrong link cant see youtube atm)

vipermedic
  • vipermedic

Algonquin Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

Ahh my Brothers. My heart is lifted to see you all still alive and active.

I have wandered in the wilderness for many a month seeking peace in my solitude, but alas, nought was to be found.

I am a killer, born and bread and I return, your servant.

During my time alone I have heard many whispers against our Organisation so I will feed you some targets who plot our demise.

I am unable to provide photographic assignments as all I have is confirmed hearsay, but my descriptions will be accurate enough for you to go on.

For now Brothers, stay dark, stay safe

Viper

vipermedic
  • vipermedic

Algonquin Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

NEW TARGET

Randy Simkins

This man can be found on the first floor of the construction site on Rand Ave, ALderney City.

This is not a target against our Organisation, but a favour to me.

This low life may be a construction supervisor but he's peddling dope to kids in my neighbourhood and I want a message putting out to his associates

No-One f*cks with our kids....

Make it public and loud for the full reward

V

Target Photo Here

vipermedic
  • vipermedic

Algonquin Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

NEW TARGET

Target Photo Here

Leroy Williams

Long time low life and Door Supervisor at the Triangle Club in Bohan has sttarted to look into our affairs.

Stop him - quietly. No cops on this one

V

vipermedic
  • vipermedic

Algonquin Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

NEW TARGET

Target Photo Here

Simon Baker

This will be a tricky one....

Baker leads a double life, his cover is Security Guard on Happiness Island at the monument but in reality he is running a credit card scam for the Mafia.

His brother who he refers to constantly works inside the monument as a Security Guard also but he is clean and most not be harmed in any way

I would recommend having an exit strategy in place for this one and using a weapon with good range as there is a high police presence in the vicinity

V

vipermedic
  • vipermedic

Algonquin Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

NEW TARGET

Pete "Pistol" Jones

Target Photo Here

Pete is a retained fireman, usually seen working at the Station at Tudor.

Pete is also a rising Mafia hitman, his cover is perfect as no-one suspects him - except my client.

Photographic proof is ESSENTIAL for this job as my client needs assurance you have the right fireman as it would be bad PR if we hit the wrong guy

V

vipermedic
  • vipermedic

Algonquin Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

NEW TARGET

LCPD

Target Photo Here

This job is for a client who has a beef with the LCPD.

I know we don't normally do this type of work but my client has a plethera of info we may find useful and he wants a favour from us first.

My client wants a carbomb taking to the LCPD HQ at the airport and planting at the main entrance of the building before detonating.

I guess he's pissed and wants to send a message

Photo's not essential, but he would like a keepsake if possible.

Only the best of my Brothers need apply for this one as it WILL bring a lot of heat....

V

Whiz
  • Whiz

Yo.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

Target: LCPD
Requested by: vipermedic

For this assignment I went to Higgin's and stole a heli. Got out of there save.
Then I called my contact who provided me with a car bomb. I succesfully picked it up without gaining any heat.
Next I flew to the LCPD HQ. The landing didn't go exactly as planned, I almost crashed and my chopper got some damage. But it was still intact and still, no heat.
Then, I rigged a nearby parked car with the bomb. Quickly stole and hotwired it. The LCPD noticed me, and I got wanted. But I was still able to drive the car to the entrance of the HQ, running over one officer in the progress. Quickly got out, took out some more policemen with my Desert Eagle, got to my chopper, and triggered the explosive as I flew away. The explosion killed almost all the LCPD officers nearby, and severely damaged the HQ. Tell the client the LCPD got the message.

I'll be doing more work when I got time.

-W

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

Well, it's been a while. Suppose I ought to update some things, hmm?

Infinite Monkey
  • Infinite Monkey

• Members

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

A stirring of the embers? My cockles are warmed to a red heat at the endurance of the bloodline with brothers old and new.

A personal favour for one of our elder brethren; How could I refuse?

QUOTE (vipermedic @ Sep 20 2010, 13:59)
NEW TARGET

Randy Simkins

This man can be found on the first floor of the construction site on Rand Ave, ALderney City.

This is not a target against our Organisation, but a favour to me.

This low life may be a construction supervisor but he's peddling dope to kids in my neighbourhood and I want a message putting out to his associates

No-One f*cks with our kids....

Make it public and loud for the full reward

V

Target Photo Here

Admittedly when I first encountered Simkins, he disappointed me. He was lurking about on the waste-ground out back of the construction site, well away from prying eyes. Normally a gift, but something noisy and public was called for. I tried to draw him into a fistfight and so lead him to the killing ground, but at the first sign of trouble the coward tucked his tail between his legs and sprinted, screaming like The Devil was after him. But it was just me. After a couple of blocks the police somehow became involved, so I decided to break off and leave Simkins to stew for a while.

It was a couple of days before he showed up at work again, but I had not forgotten him. I didn't want to risk spooking him again so I stayed out of sight behind a stack of timber and spied on him through the sights of a high powered rifle. He appeared to have thrown the Health & Safety Handbook out of the window as he was standing in front of two large propane canisters... Probably would have been safe enough under normal circumstances, but not if he knew he was being hunted by the Algonquin Assassins.

I squeezed off a single round and the high pressure tanks at his feet burst in a magnificent ball of orange flame. When the dust settled it took me a few moments to locate Simkins' remains. I had half hoped the blast would launch him out of the open side of the unfinished building and onto the street below, but the art of a well crafted murder is an imprecise science; He had been thrown face first into one of the supporting pillars, with a force that seemed to have driven his head deep into his torso. When I did eventually find him he was little more than a bloodied and charred stump of his former self, with his construction helmet sitting on his shoulders, his eyebrows where his neck should have been.

Time to go, as the sirens were getting closer: I trotted down the stairs to the tier below and hopped over the balustrade and dropped onto the sidewalk opposite my safe-house. Not far to go, but not safe yet either. There were cops behind me, and around every corner. Just as I passed behind the bus shelter, keeping out of sight of the road, a patrol car swerved from nowhere and bore down on me, squealing to a halt just inches away from crushing me flat. I don't mind admitting it, I think I nearly soiled myself a little.

Just as I resigned myself to the inevitability that the cops would leap out and start blasting away point blank, pinning me in the crossfire of the cops panting up the street behind me, I realised that they were wedged between the bus shelter and a dumpster, and there was no way for them to open the doors!

I cheerfully hopped up onto the hood and bounced over their roof, playfully kicking out the flashing red & blues on my way. I was across the road, up the stairs and tucked up in bed before they had even found the reverse gear...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users