Photo

GTA4 MADE ME BUY PS3

29 replies to this topic
ryno
  • ryno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:51 AM

The reason i bought ps3 is because of gta4, there was bundles on the market with 2 games, but still i chose to go with the stand alone console and gta seperately.

WHAT AN AWESOME GAME!!!

Sony should be paying you guys a finders fee!!! smile.gif

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:52 AM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 23 June 2008 - 12:15 PM.

Too bad Microsoft gave R* $50 million to make exclusive content for the 360 confused.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:56 AM

The Killer Ware that GTA is made me buy TWO PSPs!!
I don't regret buying at least one, but I want the new slim model however. Buy Uncharted and you will find another reason to love the PS3!!

Bawjaws
  • Bawjaws

Fitch it.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

I did the same but i went with the 360 and saved £100.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

WELL, for the record, my PSP units were $150 to $170 USD.
My PS3 was $430 refurbished.
My cost for a 360 with 20GB HDD had I opted on that, $250. tounge.gif

Bawjaws
  • Bawjaws

Fitch it.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:08 PM

If i could have gotten the PS3 cheaper i would have probably gone with that, im not online anyway so i probably wont be getting the Xbox DLC for IV. It just so happens that the 360 is a lot cheaper and i wasnt convinced id be getting my moneys worth with a PS3.

Triumphy
  • Triumphy

- Beg for mercy

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

Too bad Microsoft gave them $50 million to make exclusive content for the 360 confused.gif

WHAT? nervous.gif F*** Microsoft! I'm going to crach my Microsoft Windows XP This Second cryani.gif

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Triumphy @ Jun 23 2008, 13:14)
Too bad Microsoft gave them $50 million to make exclusive content for the 360 confused.gif

WHAT? nervous.gif F*** Microsoft! I'm going to crach my Microsoft Windows XP This Second cryani.gif

Sell your PS3. You might get the price of a 360 for it, second hand.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:19 PM

Makes a point that while Xbox is cheaper then PS3 in the sense of it's less costly array of options, Windows XP and Vista are rather costly, as well as MS' Office suite.
Not like Adobe, maybe, but the only other Sony product could be their TVs or "Vio" line of computers... I can't ever recall how to spell them^

Triumphy
  • Triumphy

- Beg for mercy

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

^^

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:26 PM Edited by Iminicus, 23 June 2008 - 12:29 PM.

QUOTE (Slamman @ Jun 24 2008, 00:19)
Makes a point that while Xbox is cheaper then PS3 in the sense of it's less costly array of options, Windows XP and Vista are rather costly, as well as MS' Office suite.
Not like Adobe, maybe, but the only other Sony product could be their TVs or "Vio" line of computers... I can't ever recall how to spell them^

Wow, I knew you were an idiot, Slamman, I just never realized how much of an idiot you truly are.

There are reasons for cost differences amongst products offered by companies. The Xbox is cheaper than Microsoft software products because of the cost in producing, developing, marketing, and manufacturing it.

Sony also has price range difference amongst it's Bravia TVs, Viao laptops, PS3s, Car Stereos, CD players, Walkman MP3 players, and the list goes on. I really think you should shoot yourself or not reply anymore. I hope the first is your choose.

AT the idiot topic starter: I didn't realize the PS3 was capable of blackmail. You make it sound like your only options were PS3 or death. Death would have saved the world your insufferable stupidity. Next time you are held up by a video game console or any other electronic product, which seems to be able to dictate so much about your life, you choose the option which doesn't turn you into a f*cking idiot.

This topic is the reason why I hate the IVums.

LOCK?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Jun 23 2008, 13:26)

Wow, I knew you were an idiot, Slamman, I just never realized how much of an idiot you truly are.

There are reasons for cost differences amongst products offered by companies. The Xbox is cheaper than Microsoft software products because of the cost in producing, developing, marketing, and manufacturing it.

Sony also has price range difference amongst it's Bravia TVs, Viao laptops, PS3s, Car Stereos, CD players, Walkman MP3 players, and the list goes on. I really think you should shoot yourself or not reply anymore. I hope the first is your choose.

AT the idiot topic starter: I didn't realize the PS3 was capable of blackmail. You make it sound like your only options were PS3 or death. Death would have saved the world your insufferable stupidity. Next time you are held up by a video game console or any other electronic product, which seems to be able to dictate so much about your life, you choose the option which doesn't turn you into a f*cking idiot.

LOCK?

Calm down mate, it's only the internet.

Gog
  • Gog

Rollo!

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:31 PM

I have both PS3 & 360. I went with the PS3 version. Not getting the exclusive extra content is a big enough sacrifice so that I can play with a superior controller & not have to worry about the red rings of death.

Bawjaws
  • Bawjaws

Fitch it.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Jun 23 2008, 12:26)

LOCK?

So Guybrush is the funny one?.....

steveplayer
  • steveplayer

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

LOCK?

Wow, does someone need to change tampon brands because these ones seemed to leak all over this topic.

frip51
  • frip51

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Jun 23 2008, 14:26)

LOCK?

You are the idiot. Go away.

As we all know, the 360 is focused on gaming, especially online gaming (due to XBL, which costs a monthly/yearly subscription fee - please add this to your calculations, guys!) while the ps3 is more of a multimedia thing with standard bluray and mediaserver functionality/connectivity.
So, if someone choses the one that suits their preferences better, why on earth are people flaming them for their decision? Open your minds and stop being such pricks. Or just grow up and learn how you get along with your stupidity when not on the internet but in 'reality'. Haha, some of you must visit the local hospital on a daily basis (assuming you're badass enough to be like that face-to-face as well)...

I bought a console for IV as well - went for the, because I like the implementation of all the multimedia tools, which keeps my living room clean from additional equipment. Simple. My real-life friends all got xboxes, which means that I can't play them online. barf8bd.gif whatever...

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

You made yourself buy a PS3.

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

I got a PS3 just for this game too - I wanted it that badly. I did OK with the deal though...went to HMV (a music/DVD/games store for anyone who doesn't know) and paid 320 pounds for a PS3 and GTA IV + another game that was on offer. I chose the Euro 2008 football game so I could change history and make England at least Qualify......

frip51
  • frip51

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Nova69_7 @ Jun 23 2008, 15:05)
I got a PS3 just for this game too - I wanted it that badly. I did OK with the deal though...went to HMV (a music/DVD/games store for anyone who doesn't know) and paid 320 pounds for a PS3 and GTA IV + another game that was on offer. I chose the Euro 2008 football game so I could change history and make England at least Qualify......

lol.gif
btw: could you please include us to finally defeat the Germans in your 'changes'?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:21 PM Edited by Slamman, 23 June 2008 - 01:24 PM.

I am no idiot my IVum friend, I know the argument you are making, I thought of it myself. The point is SPECIFIC in regard to gaming not Sony TVs or clock radios, I'm narrowing the scope of product pricing. Sony is new to this, relatively speaking, MS has been in home computing since the 1960s.

I'm not making a major statement with this, just pointing out that MS's few products are not mostly cost effective solutions to consumers... Hense, Linux' success as well as Firefox

josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Jun 23 2008, 06:26)

LOCK?

The only thing I get from your post is that you are insecure, and you feel the need to call others names, and have a negative attitude, in order to compensate for your low self esteem.

There was no reason for your post to be so... extremely rude.

I'm pretty sure Slamman knows the reasons for the price differences in produces made by the same company.

And, the topic starter is just saying that he bought a PS3 for GTA IV. Not your little idea of blackmail. Wow. You need to get to the year 2008, my friend...

And, if you hate these Forums, please leave. wink.gif

Floating Plastic Bag
  • Floating Plastic Bag

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:27 PM

MGS 4 made me buy a PS3 and that was like 1 year before it was even released. That said i don't regret one bit as MGS 4 is one of the best game i ever played and clearly the GOTY imho. GTA IV and the rest are just a "bonus" as far as im concerned biggrin.gif .

GTA IV is OK but MGS 4 destroy it in every possible ways. I know i know those are two different styles but still.

Fizziii
  • Fizziii

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

Nothing "made" me buy my PS3... but FF XIII played a pretty big role in the decision.

drpunk
  • drpunk

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Jun 23 2008, 13:21)
I'm not making a major statement with this, just pointing out that MS's few products are not mostly cost effective solutions to consumers... Hense, Linux' success as well as Firefox

IE's free.

But nevermind.

GingerlyPocus™
  • GingerlyPocus™

SpamMaster

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Jun 23 2008, 13:21)
I am no idiot my IVum friend, I know the argument you are making, I thought of it myself. The point is SPECIFIC in regard to gaming not Sony TVs or clock radios, I'm narrowing the scope of product pricing. Sony is new to this, relatively speaking, MS has been in home computing since the 1960s.

Ahm, not sure where to start on this one... Linux' success is down to a whole lot more than cost, and you brought Firefox and IE into a point about cost ef... ah forget it

*d3MoNiC*
  • *d3MoNiC*

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:00 PM

just bought a ps3 for just gta 4, played all nite =)

Dr3
  • Dr3

Wo ho ti sen?-It's Dre not Dr.3,dumbass.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:08 PM

LOCK?

f*cking nerd, go kill yourself you snotty bitch.LOL

To the first guy, enjoy the game. icon14.gif

stealthboy50
  • stealthboy50

Niko, lets clean the streets XD!

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:13 PM

At post starter: enjoy the game but if you were getting just for gta i would have got 360.
And heres somethign to think about to say if xbox is cheaper or not
Ps4 is not coming out till 2016
In that time there is probley gonna be 2 new xboxes.
Now if the xboxs are like 150£ each thats still more than ps3.
I know the new xboxes will be better (Well i do not think so but meh) but its still more money.

crackdawg
  • crackdawg

supreme ruler

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:22 PM

I also bought a PS3 for GTA IV. I got the 40GB 65nm version and added a 260GB SATA drive.

I'm still willing to literally bet money DLC will only add multiplayer mode additions. MS wasted money.

Fizziii
  • Fizziii

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (stealthboy50 @ Jun 23 2008, 11:13)
<snip>
Ps4 is not coming out till 2016
In that time there is probley gonna be 2 new xboxes.
Now if the xboxs are like 150£ each thats still more than ps3.
<snip>

I'd like to see a source for these.
Also, when I bought my PS3, it was only about $100 more than the 360 Elite that I was looking at. Why would you be excited that you'll get 2 new XBoxes in the time that PS3 will be out? You enjoy buying new systems instead of new games?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users