541 replies to this topic
ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Jun 22 2008, 10:01)
QUOTE (chikit134 @ Jun 21 2008, 18:34)
comon we have all got them tell us whats yours?

mine are, I hate every final fantasy game ever made and i enjoyed sims 2 -  icon14.gif
I hated Bioshock -  icon13.gif
I hate every mario game - icon13.gif
i think that nintendo is a big pile of crap - icon13.gif
I enjoyed playing transformers, superman returns, spiderman 1,2 and 3 - sh*ttiest games ever, icon13.gif

Nintendo is the superior console making company, and the Wii is the superior console. It might not be super powerful (but neither is the Xbox and/or PS3) but it has that motion sensitive thing. Super Mario (Party) is fun if you're a few playing it.

I've played Mario Party on the Wii and it's not what it's cracked up to be. ok wiggle this way, now that way, now steer the boat, row the boat, steer the cart, spin it, twirl it...sh*t like that. My only problem is that the WII has NO successful third party developers...NONE

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Jun 22 2008, 02:13)
QUOTE (Gronf @ Jun 22 2008, 10:01)

mine are, I hate every final fantasy game ever made and i enjoyed sims 2 -  icon14.gif
I enjoyed playing transformers, superman returns, spiderman 1,2 and 3 - sh*ttiest games ever, icon13.gif

Nintendo is the superior console making company, and the Wii is the superior console. It might not be super powerful (but neither is the Xbox and/or PS3) but it has that motion sensitive thing. Super Mario (Party) is fun if you're a few playing it.

I've played Mario Party on the Wii and it's not what it's cracked up to be. ok wiggle this way, now that way, now steer the boat, row the boat, steer the cart, spin it, twirl it...sh*t like that. My only problem is that the WII has NO successful third party developers...NONE

True, and most third party games would look like sh*t anyway. Anyways, I've only played Mario Party 8 once, I thought it was pretty fun. We did that Donkey Kong map.

Hayden
  • Hayden

Dear diary, I wish you were a taco.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

I played Guitar Hero for the Wii... and I really liked it.

Sheeno
  • Sheeno

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Mafia Drive Gunner @ Jun 22 2008, 09:38)
I used to really get the sh*ts when I played Madden.

Madden gives you diarrhoea?

QUOTE (Mafia Drive Gunner @ Jun 22 2008 @ 09:38)
It caused thousands of arguments between me and my parents or siblings. I was about 13 or 14 at the time.

...What caused the arguments? Did you blame the mess on other family members?

Mafia Drive Gunner
  • Mafia Drive Gunner

Fetishist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Sheeno @ Jun 22 2008, 20:51)
QUOTE (Mafia Drive Gunner @ Jun 22 2008, 09:38)
I used to really get the sh*ts when I played Madden.

Madden gives you diarrhoea?

QUOTE (Mafia Drive Gunner @ Jun 22 2008 @ 09:38)
It caused thousands of arguments between me and my parents or siblings. I was about 13 or 14 at the time.

...What caused the arguments? Did you blame the mess on other family members?

Lol. Yes, imagine that, but every day.

No, it didn't give me the runs.

Ass. Lol, good humour though.

KingyThePothead
  • KingyThePothead

Smoker of Da'Herb!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:02 AM Edited by KingyThePothead, 22 June 2008 - 11:05 AM.

QUOTE (Hart @ Jun 22 2008, 09:52)
QUOTE (Rick88 @ Jun 22 2008, 05:59)
Hmmm
- I think Just Cause is the worst game in history

You're not alone..

Anyway:
I bought Just Cause. Had it for 30 ins and returned it.
Im tempted to buy the whole pack of Guitar Hero World Tour
And im tempted to get Guitar Hero Metallica.

-I have a crush on Alyx Vance from the Half Life 2 series.

Dude you're sick...
ph34r.gif

you're not the only one..

ah man, you should have given Just Cause a little more time.

the 1st 30mins of that game are scripted anyways! its not till you get past the 1st real village take over that the game takes of! 1 of the best free roam games ever, its so big, and looks great.

Guitar Hero though! why ?

i cant get my head round this game though.... if your willing to put so much effort into playing the guitar, why not play it for real ? mercie_blink.gif surely youd feel a whole lot better playing the songs for real, rather than just tapping a couple of buttons in time.

Nintendo is the superior console making company, and the Wii is the superior console. It might not be super powerful (but neither is the Xbox and/or PS3) but it has that motion sensitive thing.

LOL what about PS3's sixaxis controller, thats motion sensitive, and the console its self is far better! the Wii is backwards technology.

ROFL theres my thing ! I absolutely hate the Wii, had one in the house for 2hrs once before i demanded the owner take it home, FAST!

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (KingyThePothead @ Jun 22 2008, 11:02)

i cant get my head round this game though.... if your willing to put so much effort into playing the guitar, why not play it for real ? mercie_blink.gif surely youd feel a whole lot better playing the songs for real, rather than just tapping a couple of buttons in time.

Some people don't have the luxury of time to learn the real guitar and grow blisters on their fingers and annoy the neighbors. Also guitar hero is a fun way to listen to music but it's interactive. Why not say:

Whats the use of Madden? Why not go play football for real?
Whats the use of Live? Why not go play basketball for real?
Whats the use of Rock Band? Why not form a real band?
Whats the use of Manhunt? Why not kill people for real?
Whats the use of Halo?Why not fight aliens in real life?
Whats the use of Hitman? Why not become an assassin for real?
Whats the use of Pong? Why not play real table tennis?
Whats the use of GTA? Why not go and steal some real cars?
Whats the use of Wii Sports? I may as well play them all outside.

Hart
  • Hart

who are you

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (KingyThePothead @ Jun 22 2008, 12:02)
QUOTE (Hart @ Jun 22 2008, 09:52)
QUOTE (Rick88 @ Jun 22 2008, 05:59)
Hmmm
- I think Just Cause is the worst game in history

You're not alone..

Anyway:
I bought Just Cause. Had it for 30 ins and returned it.
Im tempted to buy the whole pack of Guitar Hero World Tour
And im tempted to get Guitar Hero Metallica.

-I have a crush on Alyx Vance from the Half Life 2 series.

Dude you're sick...
ph34r.gif

you're not the only one..

ah man, you should have given Just Cause a little more time.

the 1st 30mins of that game are scripted anyways! its not till you get past the 1st real village take over that the game takes of! 1 of the best free roam games ever, its so big, and looks great.

Nintendo is the superior console making company, and the Wii is the superior console. It might not be super powerful (but neither is the Xbox and/or PS3) but it has that motion sensitive thing.

LOL what about PS3's sixaxis controller, thats motion sensitive, and the console its self is far better! the Wii is backwards technology.

ROFL theres my thing ! I absolutely hate the Wii, had one in the house for 2hrs once before i demanded the owner take it home, FAST!

Because i know ill never be able to play proper guitar, and it takes too long. Guitar Hero is fun though, but im a bit unsure about the road there going down (GH: Metallica, GH: Aerosmith, and the big cash cow GH: World Tour a la Rock Band)

EDIT: Ryuclan basically said it all.

KingyThePothead
  • KingyThePothead

Smoker of Da'Herb!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Jun 22 2008, 11:07)

i cant get my head round this game though.... if your willing to put so much effort into playing the guitar, why not play it for real ? mercie_blink.gif   surely youd feel a whole lot better playing the songs for real, rather than just tapping a couple of buttons in time.

Some people don't have the luxury of time to learn the real guitar and grow blisters on their fingers and annoy the neighbors. Also guitar hero is a fun way to listen to music but it's interactive. Why not say:

nah i still dont get it !

fair enough, you have a valid argument using all those games as examples, but when it comes down to it, you can actually at times pick up a cheap starter guitar and little amp for cheaper than the guitar hero game and fake guitar costs!

now look at the games youve listed.

football would need another 21 people for a proper game and a field.
basketball would be along the same lines.
manhunt,GTA and hitman would have you in jail.
aliens havent be proven yet!
pong i could go for, but still the room for the table!

but yet, the cost factor for guitar heros against a real guitar isnt that much, and weres the difference in the time factor, if your willing to stand and learn all the guitar hero button bashing, then why not learn a real song!

in a world of boy bands and commercial music, there isnt enough real musicians anyways.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (KingyThePothead @ Jun 22 2008, 11:15)

i cant get my head round this game though.... if your willing to put so much effort into playing the guitar, why not play it for real ? mercie_blink.gif   surely youd feel a whole lot better playing the songs for real, rather than just tapping a couple of buttons in time.

fair enough, you have a valid argument using all those games as examples, but when it comes down to it, you can actually at times pick up a cheap starter guitar and little amp for cheaper than the guitar hero game and fake guitar costs!

but yet, the cost factor for guitar heros against a real guitar isnt that much, and weres the difference in the time factor, if your willing to stand and learn all the guitar hero button bashing, then why not learn a real song!

in a world of boy bands and commercial music, there isnt enough real musicians anyways.

And people picking up guitar because they had an urge to learn wouldn't add to the "real" ones. I'm just saying that it's convenient. No matter how cheap you may say a guitar is, I wouldn't be able to get one if I wanted to learn. My neighbors are too close, and I don;t have TIME to learn something new right now. When I play games i play because it's convenient.

Also you only need two people to play football/basketball
Manhunt/Hitman of course....
Aliens I know
Pong is another thing with convenience and time. You actually have to learn to play table tennis man, it's not that easy really.

Hart
  • Hart

who are you

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (KingyThePothead @ Jun 22 2008, 12:15)

You dont have to learn it, the notes appear in front of you. If I tried to learn a GH song from memory I would fail. Badly

Mafia Drive Gunner
  • Mafia Drive Gunner

Fetishist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (KingyThePothead @ Jun 22 2008, 21:15)
*snip*

*snip*

Sorry, but I'm gonna jump on ryuclans side, and say that you do not have a valid argument at all.

Just because you buy a guitar doesn't mean you can play it. People play guitar hero because it gives them the feeling of being able to play guitar without actually having any musical talent, and it also lets them feel good about producing music.

If you are comparing Guitar Hero to playing a real guitar, then you are wrong. Playing guitar for real requires far more skill and perserverance than playing Guitar Hero. The difference in time factor is, when I picked up and played Guitar Hero for the first time, I could play songs straight away with the interface. With a real guitar, it could take me weeks to learn the whole song, regardless of what it is.

Sorry, but I think you should stop before this hole you've dug yourself becomes much larger.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:39 AM Edited by Tuff Luv Capo, 22 June 2008 - 12:09 PM.

Whoever said Guitar Hero is just tapping buttons probably assumes that the game is simple. In reality, the game is frustratingly hard, and though I've picked up on real guitar some time ago, it doesn't take away the fun of Rockband or Guitar Hero.

Also, buying a guitar doesn't include a band. Unless you play along to itunes with a crowd in the background and have friends on real drums with real bass, etc... You aren't really having convenient fun.

Eddie280
  • Eddie280

Slow down, You bitch!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:44 AM

In my younger, angrier days I:

Broke a Laptop Screen when playing Football Manager
I Punched numerous dents in the wall next to my PS2.
And I have broken several controllers.

Now I had a very good reason for the anger problems I had when I was 11-13, some of you may know them but I won't go into them here. Nowadays I am much more mellow about life, in particular games. After all they are only games. smile.gif

KingyThePothead
  • KingyThePothead

Smoker of Da'Herb!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:50 AM Edited by KingyThePothead, 22 June 2008 - 11:53 AM.

QUOTE (Mafia Drive Gunner @ Jun 22 2008, 11:26)
QUOTE (KingyThePothead @ Jun 22 2008, 21:15)
*snip*

*snip*

Sorry, but I'm gonna jump on ryuclans side, and say that you do not have a valid argument at all.

Just because you buy a guitar doesn't mean you can play it. People play guitar hero because it gives them the feeling of being able to play guitar without actually having any musical talent, and it also lets them feel good about producing music.

If you are comparing Guitar Hero to playing a real guitar, then you are wrong. Playing guitar for real requires far more skill and perserverance than playing Guitar Hero. The difference in time factor is, when I picked up and played Guitar Hero for the first time, I could play songs straight away with the interface. With a real guitar, it could take me weeks to learn the whole song, regardless of what it is.

Sorry, but I think you should stop before this hole you've dug yourself becomes much larger.

woah, im certainly not comparing guitar heros to a real guitar!

what im saying is, PERSONALLY, in my opion, i cant get my head around anyone who would choose a fake guitar over a real one!

i used to work in a recording studio in the uk. cvc studios, based just outside of newcastle, so im very much a fan of music in general. ive also worked with bands like Stiff Little Fingers and The Levellers. so guitar and drum was a major factor of my life.

BUT also being a games nut, ive seen how long people spend on games, and from what ive seen of guitar hero, it, like any other game can be addictive to some people, so all i was saying, is if your gonna put the time into this, why not try it for real!

it really isnt that hard, all its takes is a little practice like everything else.

but like you say
The difference in time factor is, when I picked up and played Guitar Hero for the first time, I could play songs straight away with the interface. With a real guitar, it could take me weeks to learn the whole song, regardless of what it is.
and this i cant really argue with if all you want to do is get stright into the music. but then again, how long do people really spend on guitar heros, i bet the real fans of that game could have learnt a real guitar by now, and you could never argue that playing a real guitar is more impressive!

Whoever said Guitar is just tapping buttons probably assumes that the game is simple.

that was me, sorry but i was under the impression you just tapped the correct buttons in time to the riffs on screen. my mistake sorry!

Hart
  • Hart

who are you

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (KingyThePothead @ Jun 22 2008, 12:50)

but like you say
The difference in time factor is, when I picked up and played Guitar Hero for the first time, I could play songs straight away with the interface. With a real guitar, it could take me weeks to learn the whole song, regardless of what it is.
and this i cant really argue with if all you want to do is get stright into the music. but then again, how long do people really spend on guitar heros, i bet the real fans of that game could have learnt a real guitar by now, and you could never argue that playing a real guitar is more impressive!

You've obviously never seen iamchris4life? Yes, real guita is way more impressive, but you've got to admit this is impressive/obsessed

chikit134
  • chikit134

What are you? 12?

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Jun 22 2008, 11:01)

shut up you f*cking fanboy i dont want to hear it i dont care if nintendo is gping to take over the world im just saying what i mean

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Eddie280 @ Jun 22 2008, 11:44)

Now I had a very good reason for the anger problems I had when I was 11-13, some of you may know them but I won't go into them here. Nowadays I am much more mellow about life, in particular games. After all they are only games. smile.gif

lol I didn't htink Football manager could make someone that mad...

@chikit134: uhhhhh...it was a joke buddeh

Transparanoia
  • Transparanoia

Sing.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

I have jerked it to David Hayter's voice.

[/jokes]

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

If you hate every mario game, you either havent played them all, or are just really sh*t at games and do not deserve to be playing any video game.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:32 PM Edited by ryuclan, 22 June 2008 - 02:36 PM.

QUOTE (Daz @ Jun 22 2008, 14:04)
If you hate every mario game, you either havent played them all, or are just really sh*t at games and do not deserve to be playing any video game.

Not exactly, I find them amusing, but they aren't what everyone makes them to be. I like the old zeldas a hell of a lot better.

Also I didn't know iamchris4life was a black guy...not that it's wierd or anything but I never would have thought.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:42 PM

I have never completed a single GTA game without the aid of cheats.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Jun 22 2008, 14:42)

Same here, I think I've cheated more then a thousand times on GTA IV....I don't care, it's my game I paly the way I want.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Jun 22 2008, 15:42)

Really? Christ. I refuse to use cheats. Only time I've ever used cheats in the GTA series is for modding purposes on the PC (vehicle spawning etc). Mind you, I don't like using cheats, feels like I'm only cheating myself, not the game.

One for me: I've played the Spicegirls game. For more than an hour.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:03 PM

I've played the Rugrats game, and loved it.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

- I've played Runescape fro several months.
- I cheated on my original GTA III play through.
- I spend more time downloading content for the Sims 2 than playing the game itself.
- I stopped play GTA IV 2 weeks ago.
- I finished Hitman Blood Money on the first day it came out.
- I once installed and played GTA San Andreas in School on the Computer.
- I personally believe all of the Unreal Tournament games suck, including the latest installment.
- I really hated Crysis.
- I purchased the COD4 map pack for the PS3, and only played the new maps for a week, before GTA IV came out. Then Never played it again.
- I cheated in Oblivion because the encumbrance limit sucks.
- I missed the Big Boss Rank on MGS4 by 27 minuets.
- I was disappointed by GTA IV's online modes.
- I hate SAMP's constant crashing issues or the majority of the servers.
- I can't play the Drums on Rockband for sh*t.
- It took me over 10 tries to beat the final Battle on MGS4 on the Hard Difficulty.
- Most of my spore creations are sticks with legs, or worms.

Eddie280
  • Eddie280

Slow down, You bitch!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Jun 22 2008, 14:46)
QUOTE (Eddie280 @ Jun 22 2008, 11:44)

lol I didn't htink Football manager could make someone that mad...

lol, looking back. Neither can I. blush.gif

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:06 PM Edited by Starion, 22 June 2008 - 05:10 PM.

My favourite childhood games seem to be the most hated PS1 games ever, including TOCA World Touring Cars, Toy Story 2 and Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles.

* I spent hours searching for bigfoot in San Andreas.

* I never really liked GTAIII. confused.gif

* I once made a modded version of GTA Vice City with someone at my schools face plastered everywhere in the game, then spread it all around the school.

* I broke like.. 5 PS1 lenses.. and 3 whole PS2's in my time using them.

* My Xbox 360 is invincible, it hasn't broke once yet.

* I'm sh*t scared of the Berserker in Gears Of War. It's nearly made me stop playing the game.

* GTAIV was.. Not as addicting as the past games, to say the least.

* I once had a gamepad for the PC. It started to break, and every time it cut out I used to hit it for it to come back to life, this method worked.. Until the gamepad was a pile of bits on my bedroom floor.

Many more things to come if I can think of them.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

The only gaming secret i have really is:

• That i loved the Pokemon games and played them all till completion, looking back at it now i wonder why the hell i even bothered.

Skythe
  • Skythe

AY!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

I'm just now (within the next few weeks) going to buy an Xbox360 for myself.

Yes, I have been playing Ps2, I haven't stepped foot in this console generation yet, except for the 2 hours I spent at a buddies house playing GTAIV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users