Secret gaming confessions

521 replies to this topic
LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

I have spent upwards of 500 in the PlayStation Store on games/dlc, themes and Avatars and 90% of the games I have like 1% of the trophies so basically I buy sh*t & then play it for 10 minutes.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (EcchiChijo @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 06:17)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Dec 14 2012, 23:49)
QUOTE (EcchiChijo @ Friday, Dec 14 2012, 22:02)
Only GTA game I've beat is TLaD. Lol

Naughty boy angry.gif
And there is no need for the "Lol"
This is no laughing matter mad.gif

Lol
I'm a girl
But please don't start saying bad girl turn.gif

Nyways, one of the things I love about games like mass effect is the character customization, own> premade characters

I have a runescape account since classic was opened (well, brothers)

Nintencats>dogs!!

Cooking Mama is a wonderful game colgate.gif

Lol my little sister likes Cooking Mama. alien.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

I just realised something: in first person shooters, the character never blinks (not counting SCP Containment Breach)

On Topic:
The last mission of Max Payne 3 nearly made me break my controller on Old School with Free-Aim. ph34r.gif

FlavouredMilk
  • FlavouredMilk

Good. Bad. I Am The Guy With The Gun.

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:28 AM Edited by ALiXoV3rDoS3, 16 December 2012 - 11:37 AM.

Great topic!

Okay, let's see.

-I have never played an entire Silent Hill game, though I claim love for the series.
-I think Brink was a complete failure of a game.
-I twist my controllers when I get frustrated, they make odd sounds.
-Though I claim pure hate for it, I actually enjoy playing CoD, but only split-screen with a buddy.
-I don't have a single Platinum trophy.
-I enjoy most (but not all) QTE.

I don't know, if I get a real good one, I'll get back to y'all.

EDIT:
-I bought San Andreas on release day and only finished last year.
-A positive confession, I got my PS2 Christmas 03/04 and I still have it, original controller and memory card.
-I've never played quite a few cult classics. (ie RE4)

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

If I play a game where you can choose your own opponents (Like in Forza 4 where you can chose the AIs cars), and I get beat by them, some times I will rage so bad that I will actually give them the sh*ttiest car/gun/character in the game.

And one time when I was playing SA on PS2, I was doing the Zero mission where you had to follow those vans, and I remeber that when I lost for about the 20th time (I am serious), I f*cking RAGED angry.gif , I broke the game box in half, tore up the booklet with my teeth, and then I actually chewed off the little rubber thingys on the controller.

Oh and when I was playing IV on PS3 around January, I got to the mission where you had to save Roman in that Warehouse, and everytime I got to that point, Roman would move into my aim RIGHT when I shot the other guy, this happened about 20 times until I hit my controller so hard on to the ground, it actually broke in half. moto_whistle.gif (R.I.P blue controller, you were the coolest. rampage_ani.gif )

xrocket307
  • xrocket307

Gta Revolutionized gaming industry

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

Oh f*ck here we go...
- I love all gta games
- I accidently broke my gameboy advance by leaving it by a heater
- I hate metal gear solid with a passion
- I got a pre-owned Xbox 360
- I don't have a computer so I can't get Xbox live
- I never beat liberty city
- I have a messed up controller so I can't make calls on tbogt
- Biggest secret- I use to find carmalita attractive
-2nd biggest secret) I bought a dsi instead of an Xbox 360
-last secret- I can't afford games when they first come out
Oh one more- I barely got my Xbox 360 a month ago

Now I feel like a sh*t on a stick. :(

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (xrocket307 @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 01:22)
- I never beat liberty city

What do you mean by liberty city, do you mean GTA III, GTA IV, GTA LCS or GTA Advance, be more specific

xrocket307
  • xrocket307

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

D3L3TD
  • D3L3TD

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

i've never been to a midnight release before, i always thought it was a waste of time. confused.gif

also @GTAction99, use one of these:

user posted image

you're welcome in advance.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

- I never completed GTA III. blush.gif It was and is just too hard.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Am I the only one who feels like it's almost worthless to continue playing a sandbox game after the story? I don't know, but even if there are things I haven't done I don't feel as inclined to keep playing. There's only one game I've ever finished to 100% and that was LA Noire.

Maybe it's just me, but I find myself saying "meh" and just can't be bothered anymore.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 03:02)
Am I the only one who feels like it's almost worthless to continue playing a sandbox game after the story? I don't know, but even if there are things I haven't done I don't feel as inclined to keep playing. There's only one game I've ever finished to 100% and that was LA Noire.

Maybe it's just me, but I find myself saying "meh" and just can't be bothered anymore.

Games like GTA IV & TLaD, Saints Row 3, inFAMOUS and RDR aren't worth going back to after you've done everything, while game like TBoGT, SR2, inFAMOUS 2 and L.A Noire are game you can go back to because of the replayibility of them

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 21:18)

Games like GTA IV & TLaD, Saints Row 3, inFAMOUS and RDR aren't worth going back to after you've done everything, while game like TBoGT, SR2, inFAMOUS 2 and L.A Noire are game you can go back to because of the replayibility of them

I disagree. I can go back to IV after doing it's storyline. The storyline line is less than half of a very tasty cake( inlove.gif ) in IV. Exploring town, doing crazy sh*t, MP, even more. And the city luckily enough is so gorgeously detailed and well thought out that it's even really fun to take a walk. The game doesn't really feel empty after playing the game for a while after you finish.

Tony_Florence
  • Tony_Florence

I've been drinking green tea all goddamn day!

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 22:18)

Games like GTA IV & TLaD, Saints Row 3, inFAMOUS and RDR aren't worth going back to after you've done everything

Wow, what? RDR doesn't have replayibility? Are you kidding me? There is so much stuff to do in that game, it isn't even funny.

As for my gaming confession: Duke Nukem Forever was a great game. Not much of a secret, as you can see from my sig.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:00 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 17 December 2012 - 04:03 AM.

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 14:40)

I disagree. I can go back to IV after doing it's storyline. The storyline line is less than half of a very tasty cake( inlove.gif ) in IV. Exploring town, doing crazy sh*t, MP, even more. And the city luckily enough is so gorgeously detailed and well thought out that it's even really fun to take a walk. The game doesn't really feel empty after playing the game for a while after you finish.

Personally I prefer starting a new save and starting from scratch. Not just GTA IV, but every other sandbox game I have.

I know it sounds strange, but I feel the story is a massive chunk of the experience. Once it's over it feels like the game is too.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 17:00)
QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 14:40)

Personally I prefer starting a new save and starting from scratch. Not just GTA IV, but every other sandbox game I have.

I know it sounds strange, but I feel the story is a massive chunk of the experience. Once it's over it feels like the game is too.

Yeah, I have to agree with this. The story is just really important to appreciating how the protagonist sees the world and experiences life.

Also, TLAD made the mistake of taking away a lot of features as the game went on, so when you finished. That's probably one of the things I didn't like about that glorious, magnificent game.

The only exception I can think of would probably be games with excuse plots, like Just Cause 2. I can jump into that game any time and have fun.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 11:00)

You're not alone. I'm totally same as you.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 13:18)

I am pretty much the opposite regarding GTA's. I still find GTA 4 and TLAD a heap of fun, even offline, this long after the release and still occasionally will do playthroughs of them. But not TBoGT. The only reason i would ever go on it is because i want to race and theres almost novody on IV and TLAD races. f*ck that game.

ConsumerVerified
  • ConsumerVerified

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

I seriously hated DOOM 3, The first one was a milestone in gaming didn't play the second, BUT THE THIRD they screwed it up BIG TIME, I seriously think that even a blind man can see brighter than what we see in DOOM 3.

xrocket307
  • xrocket307

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 20:02)

I am the opposite. Ussaly once I beat a game like gta I play it again and again and again. Games I usually don't see much point in replaying are games like fallout, story based games. I have always loved rockstsar because they finnaly deliver sandbox games and there good at doing what they do best. I use to be that way. I felt I had to stretch the story out as long as possible. happy.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:59 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 20 December 2012 - 11:31 AM.

@miami:
Yeah when I completed San Andreas' story a few times I got a little bored as I was at my height of doing rampages and getting chases so my friends used to drop down to my flat and we'd play it for hours. That got a little boring eventually so that's when I decided to go for 100%. It's when I realised how much fun all the side missions and mini-games are. Before I just f*cked around with them and left them but SA had good rewards for that sh*t.

I found it hard to go for 100% in other GTA's, mainly IV due to the lack of rewards but I think V will fill that gap. Gonna go for 100% in that one.

RDR looked hard to get all those challenges. I must look at it again because I've been getting a hankering to play that game again.

Depends on the game miami. If you are really loving the game there's more re-playability after the story but I agree with you that some games just don't much after the story, even if it's a sandbox.

I think it's up to the developer to reward the gamer for doing the extra-ciricular stuff. Sometimes, I'd like to do the story in a few chunks so it makes sense to me, then do side-stuff. If they make the side stuff rewarding, especially if it's rewards that you can benefit from outside the story. For example, getting the plane or the hotrod for getting all gold in the drivers/pilots license tests.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Bioshock bored me. I didn't finish the story, it was just so... boring.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

I never liked Jak and Daxter, despite being a Huge fan of Naughty Dog, I tryed playing Jak 2 but I never got into it.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Duke Nukem Forever was a great game.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

I think Kenny in the walking dead was one of the best characters in the game. He stuck by lee the whole way through even with the ups and downs. I really hope he survived the herd of zombies and will appear again in season 2
Sgt Johnsons death was the saddest death in the halo series
Game Grumps do the best LP's

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I have to disagree to a point. A proper sandbox game should have enough in the world so you can continue to have fun after the main story is complete (whether role play or senseless destruction, etc.).

I've finished IV and RDR to 100% more than 2x each because the worlds are so enjoyable (actually, L.A. Noire is the one I haven't completed to 100%). After Niko's story is at an end, I'm usually at about 90% completion anyway. I like to pretend that Niko, in his grief, basically just loses it. He starts an insane crusade to eradicate the streets of criminal elements (vigilante/most wanted missions) and flying rats. tounge.gif Then, when that is over, Niko has nothing to live for and embarks a final quest to kill himself, completing 50 insane stunt jumps in the process. biggrin.gif After that, I just do random vigilante missions, rampages, and crimes (selling cars to Stevie, robbing stores and bank trucks, prostitute murders) until I'm ready to start the story all over again (think I'm on my 6th or 7th playthrough of IV atm).

Of course, I agree that sandbox games are always best enjoyed in the context of the story. However, with R*'s superb stat tracking, I would hardly call my time spent in IV and RDR after 100% completion "worthless." These are the best sandbox games money can buy imo... at least until V drops.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

I have NEVER finished GTAIV storyline...Not TLAD, and not TBOGT. I just couldn't get into them. Actually I haven't completely finished a game in at least 4 years. I've just gotten very disinterested with the current games. Hopefully I will feel with GTAV what I felt with Vice City and San Andreas which I think were one of the last games I've played to completion (Mind you I'm excluding FPS games).

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'm only properly making my way through TLAD now. blush.gif

It's fantastic. I love it!

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

The only sandbox game I finished to 100% is GUN and I got really pissed when I deleted my save file, leaving me a 99% completed game.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Thursday, Dec 20 2012, 19:31)
I'm only properly making my way through TLAD now. blush.gif

It's fantastic. I love it!

It's the best GTA I've played. The Lost and Damned really had one of the most gripping and gritty GTA story ever. It makes you feel like you belong in a gang living the sh*tty life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users