Photo

Brucie's Races

8 replies to this topic
Breggs
  • Breggs

Houses In Motion

• Members

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

I've tried calling Brucie dozens of times, at all times of the day, and he NEVER has any races.
I've only done 2-3 races in the past, so i definitely haven't completed them all...

Is this a glitch in the game?

noflyingrats
  • noflyingrats

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

whats his 'like' rating at?

doesnt it have to be over 75% or something.

TinCan
  • TinCan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:03 PM

Try calling him from another borough.

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (TinCan @ Jun 19 2008, 18:03)
Try calling him from another borough.

Bingoings,....

smile.gif I Chang

KHL66
  • KHL66

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

Hi there.

I have the same problem. I have already tried different boroughs, different cars. Night/day.
I'm past the mission "Final interview". And he still sends me messages, new races, call me.
Hope anyone sees this old topic. I'm also a X-Box 360 user.

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (KHL66 @ Sunday, Jul 5 2009, 22:57)
Hi there.

I have the same problem. I have already tried different boroughs, different cars. Night/day.
I'm past the mission "Final interview". And he still sends me messages, new races, call me.
Hope anyone sees this old topic. I'm also a X-Box 360 user.

i am having exactly the same problem. tried like/respect100% and different boroughs. i've had 5 txts saying 'there's races goin on' from brucie but whenever i call he just says there's none available. i've raced 6 and won 5 before this began, have done all stunts, pidgeons and the chopper under bridges and am 3 missions from chapter 4. have done all random pedestrian encounters.

also, have done about 22 helirides and 20 boat rides with brucie.

my only options now are to get thru all the storylines and hope brucie actually oks me to do races cos there hasn't been a race for quite some time now.
admittedly i've only done 5 wanted missions and none most wanted so that could be the reason.

EDIT:i have xbox360 and recently installed tLatD and tBoGT. i hope the bike races from tLatD hasn't overridden the races from vanilla GTAIV.

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

i'm not editing my previous post. i've had my signature disabled for no acceptable reason which has annoyed me and, as much as i have tried to be helpful and useful to this forum i've had more problems for attempting to be more helpful. i accept i'm not much help but the attempts are surely useful to some ppl.

CAN SOMEONE ACTUALLY ANSWER THIS QUESTION? YOU KNOW... JUST FOR A CHANGE? WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE. JUST FOR A LAUGH. ANSWER A QUERY? WITHOUT BANNING PPL FOR NO DECENT REASON OTHER THAN YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DO IT.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

The savegame is know to get corrupt, at least on the PC version of the game. That can easily break some conditions, making some parts of the game unreachable.

As far as your signature goes, there is a thread where you can request to have it enabled again.

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:25 PM Edited by synchro_w, 06 April 2012 - 09:04 PM.

ok, afaict, i've got this on.

i 've been driving around soon after i got a txt from brucie. i raced from one island to another and borough to borough on the main map[like northwood to westdyke etc] and i believe it's just a case of being on one of the 3 main islands tho i could be wrong.

anyway, in my case, i drove from bohan-dukes-algonquin and finally to alderney and THAT'S when brucie gave me a race in alderney. i think it was in leftwood and i was in alderney city when i called brucie so i think you just have to be in the right island.

hope this helps.

EDIT: well, i finished that race and guess what? another race in alderney city!! i think you should get as many races as you can from each txt to get the achievement out of the way! oh, and i phoned from alderney city too.

EDIT: after i finished [won] a race in alderney i would get a new paint job to fix it up [ at least, i hope a paintjob fixes any engine probs etc?] then phone brucie again until eventually brucie txts me that i'd won all the races [ie, won one of each type, so 10], and was the champ but could carry on [obv to get the 20 race achievement]. if u need that achievement i think possibly u should win at least one in every area, after that? just win until you get 20 in total. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users