Battlestar Galactica

8 replies to this topic
Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:37 PM

OK, even though the show's almost at an end, because of the whole writer's strike, we've got to wait until next year to see how it wraps up.

I just saw the 'mid season finale,' and holy f*ck - who saw that coming?

Anyone else watch the show?

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

Only ever saw the film that preceded the new series. I keep meaning to get around to seeing the whole thing at some stage.

I used to love the old Battlestar, actually I managed to acquire Batlestar Galactica 1980, where they reached earth. Pretty cheesy though

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:51 PM

(safe spoiler for newbs) Yeah - they actually just reached Earth - and handled it in a way that I really hadn't expected.

Real spoiler - So, obviously, we're looking at a post apocalyptic earth here. What do you guys figure? Is this post OUR civilization, or long ago in our past? tounge.gif The former, most probably.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:44 PM

Yeah, it's probably in the future. With the whole Bob Dylan music, and Ancient Greek mythology.

It's pretty much what I expected. I would have been more surprised if they made it, and the human race was still kicking it here.

That's got to suck about Chief's wife. She was killed for knowing his secret, but then what could be assumed as a few days or weeks later, everyone knows the secret. Also on the subject of the secret being revealed. I really enjoyed how Admiral Adama took finding out about Saul. It really showed what people would think about a loved one being a Cylon. Almost like they were dead. It also showed how close Adama and Saul are, which you don't see often besides the occasional old war buddy moment.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Jun 17 2008, 13:51)
(safe spoiler for newbs) Yeah - they actually just reached Earth - and handled it in a way that I really hadn't expected.

Real spoiler - So, obviously, we're looking at a post apocalyptic earth here. What do you guys figure?  Is this post OUR civilization, or long ago in our past? tounge.gif The former, most probably.

Well BSG really likes to show how we live, aka Occupation Period. I loved Revelations; I fell asleep before it came on last Friday and finally saw it this past Sunday at like 11:30. Never saw the ending coming, but I figured that since they had reached it, something had to be wrong.

I wonder where Starbuck went to whenever she 'traveled' to Earth.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:22 PM

Who knows, maybe god helped her out.

jersiq
  • jersiq

Division By Zero

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Ronmar The Only @ Jun 17 2008, 17:05)

I wonder where Starbuck went to whenever she 'traveled' to Earth.

I can't recall the episode properly, but I believe she was only in the Solar System, not on the planet itself

I've been watching since the Movie aired, and I found it to be an excellent show. However, the recent arc of the Final Five just went on far too long. They could have tidied that up to a couple of episodes.

I could definitely see how this season wrapped up considering the 13 tribes left Earth for a reason
There's also the unexplored comment by the hybrid that Kara will be the end of humanity or some such. That will be interesting to watch unfold.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:56 AM

OMG I never really watched the series and don't know much about it other than that it's a reboot of an old scifi series, but that "real spoiler" makes me wanna start wathcing it. inlove.gif

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

Battlestar Galactica is a brilliant show!

It really is top notch in visuals and in plots.

Okay, there is a lot of overacting from some of the leads, which leads to fast forwarding, but otherwese theh actors too are very likeable lot and pleasure to watch.

Man, this is the best scifi ever. I mean like the episode where they park the battlestar in atmosphere, and drop donw on the refugee camp. Man, thats so cool!!! and the show is full of such cool stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users