For PC gamers

7,322 replies to this topic
elanman
  • elanman

Misanthropic lycanthrope

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 20:28)
QUOTE (trip @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 19:51)
QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 14:32)
Holy f*ck, how had I not played this game before? Firefly meets Mad Max on the set of John Carpenter's The Thing = run'n'gun perfection.

Thanks.

I keep seeing it on steam but just can't commit. Now I think I have to.

edit:
Tenner? Must be exchange rate or something 'cos I just paid $13. 66% off retail is still a hell of a deal. I needed something to play on this rig other then replaying Bioshock I and IV.

Think it was 10.39 or something like that in the UK.

Too good a price to pass up, so I might get it.

Then again, I bought the Witcher 2 and Batman:AC during Steam sales and haven't had the time to play them yet.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:07 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 20 May 2013 - 04:33 PM.

I haven't played this yet but Spintires could be a sweet off-road game. There is a free tech demo on their kickstarter: http://www.kickstart...-road-challenge

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 19:27)
QUOTE (Fnorg @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 08:53)
Oi! Rising Storm is out in a beta version. Goes for ten eurobucks at the mo. It's Red Orchestra 2, but faster and with Japs and Murrikans. Plus, it has flamethrowers!

Give me that sh*t. Payday on Friday, going to pick that sh*t up.

Ed and I will likely be playing this every now and then, I'll make sure to hit you up on Steam when we're on!

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Monday, May 20 2013, 17:25)
QUOTE (Whiskey @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 19:27)
QUOTE (Fnorg @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 08:53)
Oi! Rising Storm is out in a beta version. Goes for ten eurobucks at the mo. It's Red Orchestra 2, but faster and with Japs and Murrikans. Plus, it has flamethrowers!

Give me that sh*t. Payday on Friday, going to pick that sh*t up.

Ed and I will likely be playing this every now and then, I'll make sure to hit you up on Steam when we're on!

Just spent like 100 euros from paypal on gear and and then I see the Rising Storm sh*t is out... GODDAMNIT.

So want to play that shiyeet.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

I am giving away Alan Wake + Alan Wake's American Nightmare, winner is the first post after this one. (will receive both Steam keys through PM)

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:40)
I am giving away Alan Wake + Alan Wake's American Nightmare, winner is the first post after this one. (will receive both Steam keys through PM)

Hold me close.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

I have a spare key for Alan Wake on Steam to if anyone is interested. smile.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 22 May 2013 - 11:28 PM.

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 23:35)
I have a spare key for Alan Wake on Steam to if anyone is interested. smile.gif

Give it here.

Pretty please.

EDIT: It is done. Thanks man.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Rising Storm Beta key here... but I just don't want to give it away. Offer something or just a couple of bucks is cool.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Monday, May 27 2013, 16:11)
Rising Storm Beta key here... but I just don't want to give it away. Offer something or just a couple of bucks is cool.

does the beta upgrade to the full game?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Monday, May 27 2013, 17:37)
QUOTE (fullmetal @ Monday, May 27 2013, 16:11)

does the beta upgrade to the full game?

No, just a chance to play the beta.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'll trade you an ARMA 3 Alpha Lite key.

If not, I'll give it to anyone else who is interested.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Monday, May 27 2013, 19:37)
I'll trade you an ARMA 3 Alpha Lite key.

If not, I'll give it to anyone else who is interested.

Not sure if I got you in my steamfriends list... but I'll give it to you just like that. (also have already ARMA3 alpha lite key).

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Steam ID is Megasuperb

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:00)
Steam ID is Megasuperb

Just got back from nightshift... added you. Going to be giving it to you soon.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:55 AM Edited by Narcis_speed6, 28 May 2013 - 06:29 AM.

I got a 25% Surgeon Simulator 2013 coupon (for steam, I am giving it away for free)
edit: also I got a God Mode 25% coupon (steam again)

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 05:55)
edit: also I got a God Mode 25% coupon (steam again)[/color]

I played the demo for that and didn't find it that fun. Perphaps it was because all of my team left and it was just me on my own.

I've got 25 DOTA 2 keys if anyone wants some. Just PM me here.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Been a while since I posted in here. With the "next" generation of consoles on the horizon a few people have been wondering whether MS will alter it's stance on PC gaming. This is what they had to say :-

QUOTE (Microsoft Tosser)
We're talking about console games, but there could be some franchises that also end up with a PC game," Booty responded. "When I think about more connected experiences across those platforms, it's things that show up within that family of devices where we've got Xbox Live, like Windows Phone and Windows 8," and "not what you might consider a more traditional desktop PC game.

http://www.shacknews...mers-with-first

In other words expect the same sh*t from MS with the Xbone that they did with the X360.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 08:20)
Been a while since I posted in here.  With the "next" generation of consoles on the horizon a few people have been wondering whether MS will alter it's stance on PC gaming.  This is what they had to say :-

QUOTE (Microsoft Tosser)
We're talking about console games, but there could be some franchises that also end up with a PC game," Booty responded. "When I think about more connected experiences across those platforms, it's things that show up within that family of devices where we've got Xbox Live, like Windows Phone and Windows 8," and "not what you might consider a more traditional desktop PC game.

In other words expect the same sh*t from MS with the Xbone that they did with the X360.

Along those lines...
What was the one cross platform game? ShadowRun? I may be totally wrong, but still...

Bare with me here - my ramble might actually end up somewhere coherent.

IMO each platform is it's own unique experience. Playing at a PC is not the same as playing at a console...same thing can be said when you mix arcade cabinets and other gaming methods into the mix too. I own a 360(for a few years now) but I'd say most of my gaming is done on PC. I like the more immersive feeling I get at the PC.

I have moods though. Yesterday I played a few hours of old coin op arcade games. Sometimes I'm in the mood to sink into my comfy couch and play xbox game for hours on my big ass TV.

Here is my bitch and IMO there is no excuse or reason why this feature isn't provided as commonplace. SAVESTATES!!!! Cross platform shareable savestates!!!!!

Here is my real time example and it even involves a MS studio (which should make things simple) game. I own Alan Wake for the xbox but never got into it. Recently I acquired it via Steam for the PC(thanks Narcis). I'm really enjoying the PC version.

My cloud save should follow me from platform to platform. Either let my Steam cloud sync with my MS cloud or just let me save my PC save to my MS cloud.

Why is this not happening?

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homeboy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 13:31)

Here is my bitch and IMO there is no excuse or reason why this feature isn't provided as commonplace. SAVESTATES!!!! Cross platform shareable savestates!!!!!

Here is my real time example and it even involves a MS studio (which should make things simple) game. I own Alan Wake for the xbox but never got into it. Recently I acquired it via Steam for the PC(thanks Narcis). I'm really enjoying the PC version.

My cloud save should follow me from platform to platform. Either let my Steam cloud sync with my MS cloud or just let me save my PC save to my MS cloud.

Why is this not happening?

Agreed! One unified savestate that's accepted by all consoles would be awesome. Plus there's no excuses because it's totally do able.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 06:55)
I got a 25% Surgeon Simulator 2013 coupon (for steam, I am giving it away for free)

Is that 25% off for Surgeon Simulator still going? Just watched NerdCubed play it and wanna give it a go.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

It is. I remember using my Xbox Skyrim save on the PC. Developers would have to be careful about different game versions though, because a new save might not be compatable on one platform where the game version is lower.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 09:59)
It is. I remember using my Xbox Skyrim save on the PC. Developers would have to be careful about different game versions though, because a new save might not be compatable on one platform where the game version is lower.

But gamestates are usually very simple and general bits of information. Game build# match(depending)(and maybe dlc match) should be all that is needed.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Opiteilsm @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 13:58)
QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 06:55)

Is that 25% off for Surgeon Simulator still going? Just watched NerdCubed play it and wanna give it a go.

It is, add me on Steam and I will give it through trade.

http://steamcommunit.../Narcis_speed6/

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 17:50)
Been a while since I posted in here.  With the "next" generation of consoles on the horizon a few people have been wondering whether MS will alter it's stance on PC gaming.  This is what they had to say :-

QUOTE (Microsoft Tosser)

Welcome back Chief. Leader of the PC gaming community on GTAF.

Anyway, CC I saw a post by a user called CharmingCharlie tounge.gif back in November in the Mass Effect topic in the gamespot boards, is it you?

As for the Xbox one, I agree with trip especially with the "every console has a unique feel" part. GTA SA may be better on PC but you'll still admit that the PS2 version is the best because there's something different in the PS2 version. For a game like Counter Strike you can't play it on a PS3 or 360 but you get a better experience on PC.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

Never played any of the Mass Effect games, are they good? I recently got ME2 but didn't get past the beginning because of the unskipable cutscenes, is it worth playing? Seems to be a very highly acclaimed series.

Also, I can't believe they have NFS High Stakes menu music in it! I looked the soundtrack up to see if by any chance they had any actual real music and low and behold, NFS HS menu music!

Also, I searched but couldn't find a ME series thread, so I figured it'd be okay here.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 18:19)
because of the unskipable cutscenes

The story is what makes the Mass Effect games good. If you plan on skipping the cut scenes, you're better off skipping the entire series.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

@Corvettelover I've never played them either but they sound really cool. If you skip cutscenes though you won't have a clue about the plot.

Here are the official ME 2 and ME 3 topics, credit goes to blitz because her Gaming Chat Directory is really useful and contains a good list of topics, so use it next time.

Mass Effect 2 Topic
Mass Effect 3 topic

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 12:29)

The story is what makes the Mass Effect games good. If you plan on skipping the cut scenes, you're better off skipping the entire series.

Totally.

Not too long ago I asked the question whether I needed to start at ME1 or if I could just play ME3. I seriously recommend starting with ME1. ME2 will make more sense you may actually find yourself loving the story and cut sceens

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 16:35)
QUOTE (Fnorg @ Wednesday, May 29 2013, 12:29)

Totally.

Not too long ago I asked the question whether I needed to start at ME1 or if I could just play ME3. I seriously recommend starting with ME1. ME2 will make more sense you may actually find yourself loving the story and cut sceens

@Corvettelover I've never played them either but they sound really cool. If you skip cutscenes though you won't have a clue about the plot.

Here are the official ME 2 and ME 3 topics, credit goes to blitz because her Gaming Chat Directory is really useful and contains a good list of topics, so use it next time.

Mass Effect 2 Topic
Mass Effect 3 topic

Okay, so I might just wait until I get the chance to play ME1.

And thanks, I actually didn't realize the directory was there, just used the search function which turned up nothing for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users